Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Trait - Compulsive Gamer

by GoopsWorld Posted 7th Jan 2015 at 3:06 AM - Updated 8th Jun 2015 at 2:06 PM by plasticbox : Moved to new Traits category

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 9:24 PM
Sounds cool, do townies generate this trait automatically?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 2:03 AM Last edited by Alizatina : 8th Jan 2015 at 4:25 AM. Reason: The Game is Lying to me!
Okay, so I play with a sim using this trait last night and I have some feed back (bear in mind that I haven't used Zerbu's traits program, so if something I say is hard or impossible, I apologize in advance)

So first off, I played for about a half of a Sim's day with my main sim having your trait, the ENTIRE time they were "Focused", no other moods, no matter what they did. It can get really annoying if they are always focused on events that require other emotions (like dates or parties). Unless that is a bug, I think maybe it should be that instead of "Fine" they get Focused or instead of "Bored" they get focused maybe? I have see that on other custom traits, so that might be a better idea!
EDIT: Okay I loaded the game today, and my one sim FINALLY stopped being "Focused", So I'm guessing that my game was just being weird yesterday! :D

Secondly, while the trait allowing the increased gain of the Video Game skill makes sense, my Sims spent 1 sim hour playing Blic Bloc, and went from level 0 video game to level 5 video game.I do have a mod that has make skills go up twice as fast, but even if I halve the results, 2.5-3 levels of a skill in one hour seems like a lot to me. So maybe make a version where they don't gain the skill quite as fast?

Lastly, there doesn't seem to be any negatives to this trait to balance all the boost, so it seems to make things more easy, so I thought it more interesting if like, they are more likely to get embarrassed social encounter buff or maybe they get bored more easily or maybe they get uncomfortable or angry if they go X amount of time without playing games?

Also, I didn't get many video game whims, besides what came from always being focused, so maybe add whims? Not sure how that works! lol

All in all, I really like the trait, it's good for Sims in programming, could just use some tuning back! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 1:46 PM
Well, in all years of The Sims, my boyfriends' Sim has never been this realistic.

As for an easy negative, perhaps Compulsive Games could lose fun 4x as fast.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 11:52 PM
Default Response
Quote: Originally posted by Alizatina
Okay, so I play with a sim using this trait last night and I have some feed back (bear in mind that I haven't used Zerbu's traits program, so if something I say is hard or impossible, I apologize in advance)

So first off, I played for about a half of a Sim's day with my main sim having your trait, the ENTIRE time they were "Focused", no other moods, no matter what they did. It can get really annoying if they are always focused on events that require other emotions (like dates or parties). Unless that is a bug, I think maybe it should be that instead of "Fine" they get Focused or instead of "Bored" they get focused maybe? I have see that on other custom traits, so that might be a better idea!
EDIT: Okay I loaded the game today, and my one sim FINALLY stopped being "Focused", So I'm guessing that my game was just being weird yesterday! :D

Secondly, while the trait allowing the increased gain of the Video Game skill makes sense, my Sims spent 1 sim hour playing Blic Bloc, and went from level 0 video game to level 5 video game.I do have a mod that has make skills go up twice as fast, but even if I halve the results, 2.5-3 levels of a skill in one hour seems like a lot to me. So maybe make a version where they don't gain the skill quite as fast?

Lastly, there doesn't seem to be any negatives to this trait to balance all the boost, so it seems to make things more easy, so I thought it more interesting if like, they are more likely to get embarrassed social encounter buff or maybe they get bored more easily or maybe they get uncomfortable or angry if they go X amount of time without playing games?

Also, I didn't get many video game whims, besides what came from always being focused, so maybe add whims? Not sure how that works! lol

All in all, I really like the trait, it's good for Sims in programming, could just use some tuning back! :D

Thank you for the feedback! I will work on balancing soon and will have a new version this weekend. I will also work on whims! But thanks!
Test Subject
#6 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 10:54 AM
Maybe they could have higher chance of failing at social interactions (maybe they always autonomously talk about gaming, which bores a lot of Sims), be able "Troll Forum" at a lower level (think it's 2 Mischief atm), get hunger whims for quick meals/leftovers/pizza rather than cooking whims (because cooking cuts into gaming time).

Just a few ideas.

I will be downloading the V2 for now though as it's more balanced that V1.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 8:50 PM
YAAAAAAAAY :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 11:56 PM
Could you at all possible make this a zip file
Instructor
#9 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 8:26 PM
I like the idea of a dance lovers trait... I find it disappointing the dancing skill has no essence in sims, maybe it could help.
Thanks for this, gonna try it out! I'm confused though, correct me if I'm wrong but does the new version make sims learn the video gaming skill slower than EAxis default? I would think that gamers should learn the skill quicker if they get the knack for video games. Unless you mean that the previous versions skill gaining values where just a little too high?

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 7:58 PM
I love gaming, and I felt the traits were a bit minimal. Thank you. Now my sim can game his life away.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 9:09 PM
Default Reply
Quote: Originally posted by babyliss
I like the idea of a dance lovers trait... I find it disappointing the dancing skill has no essence in sims, maybe it could help.
Thanks for this, gonna try it out! I'm confused though, correct me if I'm wrong but does the new version make sims learn the video gaming skill slower than EAxis default? I would think that gamers should learn the skill quicker if they get the knack for video games. Unless you mean that the previous versions skill gaining values where just a little too high?

The previous version's skill gaining values were too high, so I lowered them lol. It was a bit overpowered before.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 9:16 PM
Default Reply
Quote: Originally posted by Griff62

I just uploaded a .zip version!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 2:18 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 11:44 PM
I think the having online followers is good not sure what prompted the removal of it. A lot of gamers stream on twitch or have followings that play on the same game servers as them. Just my two cents :x
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 6:14 PM
Thanks for this...it's perfect for at least one of my sims.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 6:59 PM
Great Mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 1:27 PM
Thanks ...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 5:16 AM
Seems like a little tricky trait, but I'm going to try it out eventually.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 2:31 AM
thankss
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 7:59 PM
That's me! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 3:53 AM
Finally I can create a realistic self sim!
Test Subject
#22 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 1:30 AM
i loved the idea to this mod & technically it works, but I had to take it out because the sims with the trait were getting stuck in either "Focused" or "Very Focused"
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 7:49 PM
Cool! If I ever create Chiaki from Danganronpa, this will be one of her traits!
Test Subject
#24 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 7:52 PM
Default Just use a zip extractor.
Quote: Originally posted by Griff62

Just use a zip extractor to make the item a zip! :P