Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Freshly Paved Asphalt Roads

by DanTheMann15 Posted 8th Jan 2015 at 5:15 PM - Updated 17th Apr 2020 at 8:30 PM by HugeLunatic : changed category

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 5:25 PM
Thanks, this is great!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 6:38 AM
I was tempted to download this, but because I already have a dirt road recolor of the roads and already know the hassle of having to replace each lot separately, I won't download. It looks great, but you have to recolor every lot on both sides of the road and that is very time consuming. I really would rather play the game. Not criticizing, I know you worked hard on this. But thought you might want the feedback.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 11:45 PM
@sandya: Yes, i know it is time consuming to replace the roads on the lots, but you don't have to do it all at once.
you can gradually replace the roads on lots as you play them, as i have with this mod.
otherwise, you can use the lite version for the neighborhood roads, and not change the roads on lots.

But thanks for your interest in this mod!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#5 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 1:35 AM
Nice work. Good to see this out of creator feedback and up for download.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator THANKS POST
#6 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 9:41 PM
And it's looking very nice - good job.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 9:54 PM
OH MY! Do you know how long I've been waiting on someone to make/release this very replacement?! Thank you so much. I'm gonna install this right away
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 2:38 AM
Thanks! You have no idea how long I have been waiting for someone to make something like this! <3
Scholar
THANKS POST
#9 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 6:59 AM
Love this. Only problem I am having is when I return to a lot I've already updated the road on, the tiles changes to something different, grey with lines. Do you know what could be causing this?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DanTheMann15
@sandya: Yes, i know it is time consuming to replace the roads on the lots, but you don't have to do it all at once.
you can gradually replace the roads on lots as you play them, as i have with this mod.
otherwise, you can use the lite version for the neighborhood roads, and not change the roads on lots.

But thanks for your interest in this mod!

I did go ahead and update Black Mesa, and decided to go with the cobblestone road I found elsewhere. This has only added to the fun I have had with this community. Thanks again for your creativity and for your nice reply to my query.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 6:02 PM
good job!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 7:53 PM
good
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 7:48 AM
Thank you :)
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#14 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 6:34 AM
I really "Love" your wonderful new road, thanks for sharing. :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 10:46 AM
Version 2.1.32 has been released today!
Release Notes for this release:

• Added: This mod now Default-replaces the maxis asphalt concrete driveway recolor.
• Updated: Road texture colors are now closer to the lotskirtroad textures.
• Removed: The asphalt driveway recolor that was included in previous versions.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 9:06 AM
Version 2.2 has been released today!

• Fixed: The stone bridge neighborhood decoration texture wasn't replaced.
• Fixed: The neighborhood bridge road texture wasn't replaced.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Mar 2016 at 6:51 AM
Version 2.3 has been released today!

• This mod's filesizes are now reduced by 31.5% for the Full version and 74.9% for the Lite version!

• Changed: Reduced the resolution of the neighborhood view road textures.
• Updated: Some texture improvements.

Notes: Up until now, this mod weighed-in at over 8 megabytes for the full version and almost 3 megabytes for the lite version,
so i have shaved-off 2 megabytes from the filesizes of both the Full and Lite versions! - Enjoy the smaller filesize!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 11th May 2016 at 1:41 AM
Version 2.3.1 has been released today!

• Improved: The Stone bridgetop road lines wern't correctly lined-up with the roadlines on the neighborhood view roads.

Developer Notes:
This is a very small update that makes the stonebridgetop road lines line-up almost-perfectly with the straight neighborhood roads,
the lines were a little off center.
Test Subject
#19 Old 24th May 2016 at 11:50 PM Last edited by Quick Lobster : 25th May 2016 at 7:00 PM.
This mod seems to have some conflict with the Neighborhood Greener Grass By mzcynnamon. The asphault roads won't appear and it will only appear when a lot is loaded and only for that specific loaded lot. Can you do something about it?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 26th May 2016 at 5:05 AM Last edited by DanTheMann15 : 30th May 2016 at 5:48 PM.
If you are one of those simmers who use the Neighborhood Greener Grass Mod by mzcynnamon
and want to use my Paved Roads Mod with her Neighborhood Grass Replacement, this is for you.

I made a compatibility pack for my Paved Roads Mod that adds her grass to my roads,
which will enable you to use my Paved Roads Mod alongside her NH Greener Grass Mod.

This add-on has a couple of prerequisites:

You Must have Freshly Paved Asphalt Roads (Full Edition) version 2.0.27 or Newer.
You Must have mzcynnamon's Neighborhood Greener Grass Mod.

Once you have these two mods,
Install both the mods into the same folder/subfolder in your downloads folder along with the compatibility pack,
Note that the compatibility pack will have a "z_" prefix in it's filename, that is intended so the game loads the compatibility pack last.

And lastly, I have looked at her policy, and she desires credit, so Credit goes to mzcynnamon, for her grass texture that was used to make
this compatibility pack, so we can enjoy her super green grass, alongside my freshly paved asphalt roads!

Thanks to Quick Lobster for bringing the mod conflict to my attention!

Note: I decided to put this here in the comments section, since i don't think this is significant enough to be published in it's own thread,
and i also didn't slide this into the main road mod download page, because it's an add-on for a specific audience.
i might change my mind later, but for the time being, it'll be here.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  fp-asphaltroads_nhgreenergrasscompatibilitypack.zip (1.35 MB, 26 downloads)
Test Subject
#21 Old 29th May 2016 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DanTheMann15
I might make an add-on pack that adds her grass to my roads, so you can have the best of both worlds,
i'd need to check her policy before doing that.
Please do!
Test Subject
#22 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 3:23 AM
Minor Issues
I've downloaded your road placement mod a couple of time and I think it's great! However, I have noticed a couple of minor issues since installing version 2.3.1 (Full) into my vanilla game.

1. I would like to be able to place tiles that have yellow lines on them on my lots. Unfortunately, I can't do that because those tiles that replace maxis' grey and white-dashed line tiles do not exist/show up in my catalog. I looked over the ReadMe file included and it said something about unhiding tiles, but it's not clear to me what tiles you are referring to.

2. I've also noticed that the game freezes up briefly when trying to use the room tool to build 4 walls at one time. I do not experience the same problem when trying to build single walls. This only seems to happen with this mod installed in my vanilla game. When I remove it from my vanilla game, no freezing happens.

I hope these things are able to be fixed or improved on in the future. For now, I think I will try to uninstall the current version and reinstall the Light version.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 7:56 AM
@NikkyMarie

Here is a bit of clarification on the ability to "unhide" floor tiles:

The very old 1.x pets (full) versions of this road mod contained custom floor tiles that you used to have to place on every lot manually,
and since version 2.0.27, those tiles have been hidden from the catalog, because the road mod became completely automatic,
but those custom road tiles are still present in the mod's package for compatibility with older installations.

The reason the maxis white roadline tiles were hidden from the catalog, was because the full mod overrides the texture,
making it into my road texture with a yellow roadline, but you still can unhide it by editing the ObjectXML for that particular floor tile
by setting the "showincatalog" value to "1" in SimPE, but you need to know a couple things before doing this...

Unhiding the floor tiles isn't intended for everyone, it's primarily for advanced users, and if you uninstall the road mod,
you need to make sure that you've also removed the floor tiles you used associated with this road mod, or the floors turn to plywood.

I will PM you on that freezing glitch, so i can get a better idea on what's going on...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 9:10 AM
Version 2.4 has been released today!

• The Filesize has again been Reduced, from 6.09MB to 5.67MB, a 7% Reduction in filesize! (Full Edition only.)
• Version Information Resource Update.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 12:19 PM
Version 2.4.1 (build 2F133) has been released!
Release Notes for this update:

• Optimized the Neighborhood-View Textures.

//Full Edition only:
• Changed the Asphalt Driveway recolor texture so it matches the roads perfectly.
• Further reduction in filesize to 5,469kb (vs 2.4 at 5,668kb)
• The Embedded floor tiles were completely updated, with new names and descriptions, including mod information.
• The Embedded floor tiles also had their textures changed to make them match-up better with the newer "automatic" road textures.

Developer Notes: This release packs a bunch of optimizations and tweaks for an incremental update,
but most of the changes are under-the-cover, so not many will notice the changes, hence this is an incremental update.

This will be the last 2.x release of Freshly Paved Asphalt Roads, because i have a major new update being planned.
Page 1 of 2