Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 6:36 AM
Default Feedback on recolor, please
I could use some feedback on this recolor before deciding what to do with it. It's based on one of the outfits in this set by Yuxi. (The picture isn't something I would use in an upload, I just mashed it together to show what the recolor looks like indoors and in daylight.)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 12:14 AM
The purple colors are ok. Together, though, the three colors just do it for me, I would pass this up. However, if say, the pants where a different color or a darker shade that might be better. Could maybe even just change the color of the undershirt then the pant color would be ok too.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 5:39 AM
@txblue29: I can try to do that. If nothing else, I can go back to the textures I started with, and try again.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 8:10 PM
OK, I went back and started over; how does this look? The top is unaltered; the pants are recolored.
Screenshots
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 9:31 PM
Well, I like both versions but I do think the second one has better contrast in colours. Actually, I like that - it's neat and quite smart without being over fussy. One thing that bothers me a lot about some CC clothing is the stuff people stick on it. I'm completely fine with plain cloth clothes. No need to stick a logo on it (or all over it). Anyway, the shaping seems quite subtle but there is a nice 3D thing going on there. Without seeing details of the texture close up in game, It's difficult to comment on the quality. Perhaps stick up a temporary file for DL so we can have a look at it in game?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 10:11 PM
Yes I do like that one much better. As Maxon said it offers a nice contrast between the colors.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 11:00 PM
OK, I've attached a temp file to this post. The mesh is Yuxi's Black Coffee .
Attached files:
File Type: rar  TempDL_BlackCoffeeRcol.rar (234.3 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 12:00 PM
Sorry dharden - I was busy over the weekend. I'll try this in my game today.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 12:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Sorry dharden - I was busy over the weekend. I'll try this in my game today.

Thanks, maxon.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 2:16 AM
A version with a black or navy jacket might be nice. I don't mind the purple jacket, but would not want it on the pants and undershirt as well. I think undershirt is better in white or possibly cream.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 9:29 PM
Yeah I'd second Jo there. I (finally) went and had a look at your skin in game (sorry - I'll be honest. I kept forgetting). And I like it but I see what you did now, having DL the original mesh and recolours. You used the jacket from the original and combined with your trousers. I like that but I don't think it's quite enough to get me to download it because it's very similar to the original. What I think would work, if you're willing to do it, is a series of different colour combinations - say a nice navy combo, or a bottle green and black trousers maybe? Perhaps if you thought about a set of colour combinations to expand on the original set that would make it really worthwhile. Perhaps pale subtle colours for the white shirt (pale blue, pink, green or even yellow - Jo's suggestion of cream is great)? I like the way it looks in game though (pics). I'd encourage you to go on if you are able. It's a nice mesh and your recolour seems to work well.
Screenshots

Theorist
#12 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 9:35 PM Last edited by CaliBrat : 30th Jan 2015 at 9:51 PM.
If you do decide to do a mix of color combinations, might I add .. not to forget to change the shoe color for some of them. I don't know any woman who has only a single pair of shoes they where with all their outfits ...

See, this is what I did for my toddler girls. I like this outfit, but it only comes in two colors. First pic is Maxis original and the other three are my doin.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 3:43 AM
I'm working on a replacement set for the BG/Uni hipjacketwideflaredpants outfits. Whatever I settle on here is meant to replace the overly pink outfit, which is why I was trying for that sort of look. I'm not doing a straight set replacement because Chemic's already done that for a different outfit, so I appreciate the note that it may be too similar to one of Yuxi's originals.

One part of the set will be Yuxi's black jacket and trousers with the shirt recolored pink (see pic). The shirt seems to select well in Paint.NET, so I might be able to lighten the pink a little if that's needed.

This is only my second recolor project, and the first where I've tried to selectively recolor part of a texture. I'm still a little wobbly when it comes to getting specific colors. Still, I may try for different combinations now that I know I can get them, but that'll be a separate project.
Screenshots
Theorist
#14 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 4:54 AM
Good luck with it. I like the look of the last pic.

I do recolors, but just for me. I've never shared anything I've done. Mostly cuz I'm not sure they're somethin others might like. I do them to make me happy.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 12:51 AM
OK, I was able to look up the color settings for "cream" and change the shirt. Checked in CAS and in game, and it does look quite nice; I will be using it. Thx, Jo and maxon.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 8:05 PM
@CaliBrat: Recoloring the shoes will have to wait until I get better at this.

How does this look for the last part of the set?
Screenshots
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#17 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 8:28 PM
Very nice, dharden

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#18 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 9:31 PM
Oh yeah - like that. nice colour variant. Like the cream shirt too. Green?

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Oh yeah - like that. nice colour variant. Like the cream shirt too. Green?

Thanks. That sets the set. Now for screenshots (argh).

I'll do a green shirt as custom after I get the default set screenshotted and uploaded. You want it on that jacket and trousers? (We're probably starting to veer out of the realm of feedback; maybe we should follow it up in PM.)
Theorist
#20 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 10:26 PM
Nooo .. no pm .. stay here .. lets us all know too .. not goin off course with feedback .. at least I don't think so :P

I like the blue.. and agree w/ Maxon that a green would be nice.

As for the shoes recolor, black is a nice safe color to go with. A cream or brown pair, same as the shirt or pants, would look good on that set ... eventually :D
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#21 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 10:36 PM
@dharden It's fine to suggest more and different colour choices - that is not going off topic

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#22 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KarenLorraine
@dharden It's fine to suggest more and different colour choices - that is not going off topic

Thanks. I wasn't sure.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#23 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dharden
Thanks. That sets the set. Now for screenshots (argh).

I'll do a green shirt as custom after I get the default set screenshotted and uploaded. You want it on that jacket and trousers? (We're probably starting to veer out of the realm of feedback; maybe we should follow it up in PM.)

Nah it's fine. Looking forward to you releasing that if you feel you're ready.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#24 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 10:22 PM
@maxon : How's this for green? Also, is it just me, or does the jacket on the left have a greenish cast?
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#25 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 10:23 PM
The jacket on the left is green.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 1 of 2