Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Faster Eating (and drinking) (NO LONGER UPDATED)

by DrChillgood Posted 22nd Jan 2015 at 11:55 PM - Updated 24th Oct 2017 at 4:05 AM by DrChillgood

238 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 75 Feedback Posts, 162 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 10
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 12:14 AM
MadameButterfly has a mod like this on sims asylum but her mod isn't compatible with your microwave mods. Is this one compatible?
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
MadameButterfly has a mod like this on sims asylum but her mod isn't compatible with your microwave mods. Is this one compatible?

Both mods are compatible with my microwave mod.

Hers changes the Passive Eating actions, mine changes the Active Eating actions, and my microwave mod changes neither of those.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 12:17 AM
I am SO downloading this ! Thanks a lot, giving feedback ASAIC.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 12:17 AM
This was definitely needed, very smooth mod and no conflicts with anything I already have installed.

Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 12:18 AM
Finally! Thank you.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 12:18 AM
Oh with her mod and the microwave mod installed I was having an issue with sims not being able to get quick meals and children couldn't use the microwave. Then I took out the microwave mod and it worked. Thanks for clarifying

Not sure what the difference is between passive and active though
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 12:24 AM
Oh with her mod and the microwave mod installed I was having an issue with sims not being able to get quick meals and children couldn't use the microwave. Then I took out the microwave mod and it worked. Thanks for clarifying

Not sure what the difference is between passive and active though

Active = Taking bites and swigs of food and drinks.
Passive = The other actions.

It seems you might have some other problems? I don't have any trouble with my microwave mod.

3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DrChillgood
Active = Taking bites and swigs of food and drinks.
Passive = The other actions.

It seems you might have some other problems? I don't have any trouble with my microwave mod.

So could your mod be used with hers? I might have other problems. Anythings possible. Lol
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 12:32 AM
So could your mod be used with hers? I might have other problems. Anythings possible. Lol

Yeah, I did just test with a child using a microwave and it worked fine.

I use my mod alone, but there's no reason not to use both.

Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#11 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 12:42 AM
I had the same problems that Christmas fear was describing, I took out MB's mod because the problem went away after that. I didn't mind the faster eating, except the sims were finished before everyone sat down. One thing I like is eating together and having social but I couldn't figure out what to do for modifications. So I left it alone and suffered through the slow eating.

Does yours allow more time to eat so they eat together but not take 2 hrs to finish?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 5:05 AM
Thanks! Now I can send my Sims to eat something before work and it won't make them late because they're staring off into space.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 5:15 AM
Oops, I mean can I use both your faster eating mod and her fasting eating mod at once? I didn't mean the microwave mod.
Test Subject
#14 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 5:38 AM
It works perfectly well so far, and it's a real relief to finally see your sim focus on eating instead of spacing out. Thank you so much for this, this mod is going in my favorite and MUST DOWNLOAD list right now !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 5:43 AM
ooh ty so much this i have been waiting :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 6:31 AM
Thank. You.

Seriously, I've been looking for a mod like this for awhile. Totally spaced on the MadameButterfly version, but I think I'll try just yours for now. But sims sitting there eating, taking a bite, then staring off into space, then taking another bite, was driving me crazy!

Will effecting what the sims do between bites also effect the whole "musical chair dinner theater" thing? I mean, when sims sit down to eat, then realize that there's someone else in the house, then pick up their plate and go to where that person is so that they can talk and eat at the same time? I've had sims do that, even though there was nowhere for them to sit, so they were just standing there like a dolt eating while chatting with someone on the computer or whatever, when there's a perfectly good dining table not six tiles away. I've also had multiple sims sitting at a table literally stand up mid-meal, pick up their plates, rearrange themselves, then sit down and continue eating. It was like some sort of bizarre culinary version of musical chairs. Only the player is the one who loses.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 6:57 AM
Thanks! This is a must have mod. I love all your mods, DrChillgood. If you could do a fellow a simmer, I left a question on your kids can die of anything (another amazing mod by the way) mod and I really would like and answer. Thanks again :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 7:09 AM
Outstanding! I cannot believe Maxis would require 60+ minutes to eat. Are you kidding me? Thanks for the mod!!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 7:32 AM
Ty Ty Ty Ty
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 8:00 AM
Oh thank goodness. I could never have my party hosts eat at any of their parties, because they would spend at least half the time I had to accomplish tasks just sitting there and idly chatting instead of eating. And the time it took for just 4 people to eat cake, to tick off that task... it was nearly the other half of the allotted social event time!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 9:03 AM
THANKS
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 10:38 AM
soOOOOO ganda!!!!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 11:47 AM
Thank you I am so frustrated at watching them spend 45 plus just stareing into space when they are due to be at work or whatever. will put this in pronto :-) Now I'm off to find out how to cut shower times down ;-)

There is no Planet B
Scholar
#24 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 12:30 PM

I had difficulty with MB's mod at first, but it turned out that restarting and deleting cache solved it. I haven't had any problems since. Be sure you delete all the cache too.
I promise that if you delete cache, both mods will work.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Scholar
Original Poster
#25 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 1:00 PM
Oops, I mean can I use both your faster eating mod and her fasting eating mod at once? I didn't mean the microwave mod.

Again, my faster eating mod and hers will affect different files and won't stomp on each other.

Page 1 of 10