Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 6:15 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 27th Jan 2015 at 7:41 PM. Reason: Attachment no longer necessary.
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
It's an unique house. I like it.

I've checked it and found this. Is the wall paper supposed to be unfinished or did you overlook it?

Woops! Overlooked it! That's the hobby room/office. Should I fix it and re-upload?

Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
ETA: Do you still have a copy of your neighborhood with the Yang family?
I made a mistake and have to extract the family again.

I think this might be it:

The following upload is only to be downloaded by Jawusa
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#52 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 6:19 PM
I'll build a new house for Meadow Creek. So, I can fix it for you and upload it.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#53 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 6:44 PM
There are several walls in the roof area of M.M.A.A. 2 houses that need to be removed if you would like to do that to @Jawusa.

@CatherineTCJD thats a very nice house and before I saw the 2 other bedrooms underground I thought it was on a 1 BR house. LOL

I'm not use to underground bedrooms.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#54 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
There are several walls in the roof area of M.M.A.A. 2 houses that need to be removed if you would like to do that to @Jawusa.

Oops again! Sorry! I kept on going back in and out of the lot trying to edit stuff, but apparently I forgot about those walls. I think those were supposed to be for the attic that I didn't get to build (later, it didn't see like it needed one.) :P

ETA: Jawusa, let me know if you downloaded the version with the family so I can remove it.
Trainee Moderator
#55 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 7:36 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 29th Jan 2015 at 6:50 AM.
@M.M.A.A. you can remove the file. I've extracted the family.

By the way, I've added a new house and fixed mmaa's house.

ETA:
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
I think we could also use your "Maple Lake Cemetary" just rename it and add/change some things around and i would be cool with that.

Sorry, I have just seen this post now. We can use the cemetary lot. Feel free to edit it.

File removed.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Mad Poster
#57 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 8:38 PM
Okay, here are packages of two lots, one generic community and one residential. Please excuse the mediafire links.

The Stop 'N' Shop
Converted Barn

I built the Converted Barn across the street from the neighborhood deco cultivated field, as seems logical. Compared to the existing lots, it's a bit of an eyesore, but that's part of the family story intended for the house. Bear and Guthrie County, with their three adopted children, have moved out of Bear's city comfort zone to fulfill Guthrie's dreams of country life and a big family. The barn is only about half converted, may not be entirely weatherproof, has room for more adoptions, gardens, overrunning with pets, or any wild hair Guthrie gets - but the guys'll have to scramble to keep ahead of expenses because they won't be nearly as affluent as most of those other houses seem to indicate is standard for the neighborhood.

Is that "residence for ten" intended as an orphanage or group home, Jo? 'Cause that'd be cool...Bear and Guthrie'd be down with that.

The Stop 'N' Shop I placed at the very edge of the map, on the other side of the creek from the existing residences, on the theory that this would be "near the highway" and "the commercial district." It's a very basic strip mall, that I tried not to let look too much like the General Store. Feel free to gussy it up, dress it down, or ignore it, as suits the needs of the hood.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#58 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
I've made a community lot gym.

Thank you, HL! I just installed the lot and it looks great! Thanks for the contribution!

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Okay, here are packages of two lots, one generic community and one residential. Please excuse the mediafire links.

The Stop 'N' Shop
Converted Barn

I built the Converted Barn across the street from the neighborhood deco cultivated field, as seems logical. Compared to the existing lots, it's a bit of an eyesore, but that's part of the family story intended for the house. Bear and Guthrie County, with their three adopted children, have moved out of Bear's city comfort zone to fulfill Guthrie's dreams of country life and a big family. The barn is only about half converted, may not be entirely weatherproof, has room for more adoptions, gardens, overrunning with pets, or any wild hair Guthrie gets - but the guys'll have to scramble to keep ahead of expenses because they won't be nearly as affluent as most of those other houses seem to indicate is standard for the neighborhood.

Is that "residence for ten" intended as an orphanage or group home, Jo? 'Cause that'd be cool...Bear and Guthrie'd be down with that.

The Stop 'N' Shop I placed at the very edge of the map, on the other side of the creek from the existing residences, on the theory that this would be "near the highway" and "the commercial district." It's a very basic strip mall, that I tried not to let look too much like the General Store. Feel free to gussy it up, dress it down, or ignore it, as suits the needs of the hood.

Peni, I tried downloading your lots, but Mediafire, for some reason, is really slow tonight and every time I try to download the packages, the process ends abruptly.

Why don't you try zipping it and uploading it into the post itself? Like HL did above.

For the County family, if its intended for them to adopt as many children as possible/ run an orphanage, then I' msure the "residence for 10" would be suitable.

As for the 'The Stop 'N' Shop' lot; yeah, the other side of town would be perfect for community lots. I placed HL's lot over there. I'll upload a new version as soon as I get your stuff to download. (ETA: They're not downloading! )

And thank you too for your contribution!
Trainee Moderator
#59 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 9:05 PM
@Peni Griffin can you upload the family too? Please create an empty neighborhood with the family. I can extract it and add the family whenever all of the lots are finished. Just like I did for mmaa's family.

By the way, I can't download your lots either. Would you mind uploading them here?

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#60 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 10:58 PM Last edited by marka93 : 29th Jan 2015 at 12:03 AM.
Any time you have a problem with mediafire all you got to do is right click the link and open in new tab and the right click the download button and also open in new tab and this will bypass the adds that are being blocked.

I was able to download them with out any problems and here they are.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#61 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 11:56 PM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 28th Jan 2015 at 8:31 PM. Reason: removed file - replacement posted further down...
Hey Ya'll - I made a community lot too

It's a park with swimming pool, swimmable lake, picnic areas, and 2 nature trails (which lead to secluded bench areas)
Yes, it's all base-game. The swimmable lake is as good as I could get. Anyone with one EP can easily make it perfect!
The Lake should also be fish-able with several accessible spots around the edge.

Again, I haven't tested it yet - but it should all be good to go. I'll test and update if needed.

Here it is:

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#62 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 1:30 PM
Has any one put all these lots into the hood yet, if not let me know and i will do it.

Trainee Moderator
#63 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 2:44 PM
Maybe @M.M.A.A. has added the lots but I'm not sure. You can do it if you want. I would place the community lots at the other side of the creek. Then we would have a residential district and a commercial district.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#64 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 3:33 PM
I will wait for @M.M.A.A. to post and see for he has added at least 1 already, the one HugeLunatic made.

Mad Poster
#65 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 3:48 PM Last edited by Peni Griffin : 30th Jan 2015 at 8:17 PM.
Sorry about mediafire - I was having one of those brainfreezes and could not for the life of me figure out how to attach things, even though I've done it before. The .rar contains the test neighborhood where I built the Counties and a few draft lots, plus the Sims2Packs of the submitted lots.

I forgot to do bios for Bear and Guthrie and couldn't figure out how to add them in SimPE, where I gave the family $60K so they could afford to move in, Bear a level 3 job in Law Enforcement, and both adults some randomized skill points and a distinct preference for men, and fiddled with the relationships a bit. All of that should be taken as rough draft. A business or medical job is also acceptable for Bear, but I'm a child of the 70s and would as soon hit all the slang connotations for "bear." I did nothing to the ages, but Bear and Guthrie should not be at the beginning of adulthood, as they should have had time to get together and for Bear to get a couple of promotions. Dade and Guadalupe should have a few randomized skill points in some ratio that fits comfortably with the other teens and children in town. Please use the personality point spreads and aspirations as given. The bios should read roughly as follows:

Bear'd do about anything for Guthrie. Even adopt a bunch of kids. (Hey, they're good kids.) Even take the job offer from a town that's smaller and more affluent than he's comfortable in. Even move into a barn that's only about half-converted that he suspects will turn into a money pit. Guthrie gets so excited and the next thing you know, he's dragged Bear right into the middle of something he'd never have done on his own. (Bear is Aries, a tough sign to warm up to. Fortune.)

Guthrie was a child of the mean streets. All his life he's dreamed of a renovating a house in the country (or country-ish), with the white picket fence and the kids and the handsome husband and all that good stuff. Life in Meadow Creek is going to be so cool, and the kids will never have to worry about any of the crap he had to deal with - no gangs, no drugs, no living in cardboard boxes, none of that. (Guthrie is a playful, grouchy, probably volatile Taurus. Family. That starsign/aspiration combo should have wicked chemistry with Bear.)

Dad and Dadder can be so embarrassing! But Dade's not going to let them, or this new town, or living in a barn, or little siblings, cramp his style. (Dade is a Leo and a future naked hot-tubber. Popularity.)

Guadalupe never thought she'd get adopted, and is still afraid something's going to happen to take her away from her daddies.
(PIsces, super shy, super sweet.)
Medina doesn't remember her birth parents and isn't worried about a thing. (A pretty well-balanced Aquarius toddler.)

Jo, I specifically matched the house with the family, and expect Guthrie to roll either a lot of "get more baby" or "get more animals" wants in most people's games. It'd be great if he could befriend the leader of a group home in the neighborhood, though, and that's what your house made me think of. The two households could form an axis of tension in the neighborhood - the affluent inhabitants of those lovely houses, who all insist that they're "middle class" and not affluent at all, faced with the working class folks from the school of hard knocks, who want to Rescue All the Endangered Kids and think their neighbors are ignorant rich folks in need of a dose of reality. Just an idea. If you have another concept for the people in that household, it's fine with me. I would enjoy making a full family of one adult and a mixed lot of seven mixed-race, mixed-personality teens, kids, and toddlers, if anyone else thinks it's a good idea.

I have not playtested the Converted Barn or the Stop-N-Shop, and they should be proofread to make sure I got all the lights, electronics, wastebaskets, etc. that are necessary, didn't put in any backwards counters, etc. The general plan of each should work reasonably well as is, based on my experience. The peculiar bathroom arrangement in the barn grew out of the division of the barn into distinct "stall" sections down each side (which would've worked better with half-walls but life's rough).

The Barn is probably not weatherproof, but all the rooms with four walls in it should be - I suddenly can't remember if I put floor down in the roof section on top of all the bedrooms, to seal them, but I think I did. The nursery, bathrooms, and second-floor bedrooms are intended to be weathertight. This is deliberate, as it provides direction in what might otherwise be a conflict-low house: Got to get the big drafty place fixed up enough that Guadalupe and Medina don't freeze or get heatstroke! The big bare patch on the left side of the house is also deliberate - it should be enough room for a driveway, garden, or kennel set-up, depending on what EPs the player has and how the wants roll.

(Now to see if I got my act together enough that the rar file attached.)

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Trainee Moderator
#67 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 5:36 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 29th Jan 2015 at 6:50 AM.
I've placed all of the lots. I can move them if you don't like the position of the lots.

File and pictures removed.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#68 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 6:05 PM
Woops! Sorry guys, got a bit busy to download them all. I only managed to do HL's, but thanks Jawusa! I'll check it out ASAP.
Mad Poster
#69 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 6:24 PM
Oops! Did someone else do a park? (Sorry, I didn't see it before I built mine - I don't want to stomp on any toes!) The lot placements look great to me!

I think I forgot to add outdoor lighting, but the pond is def. swimmable - however my test-sim swam a little to low in the water. So, I've got a bit of work to do... I'll fix things up and re-post it later today. Did anyone play-test my house? I have to do that yet, too.

I do have an idea for the family of my house's back story. Can write that up and submit it? I might even be able to make some BG sims... I'm just not that great at it :blush:

and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#71 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 7:39 PM
@PlatinumPlumbbob that will come after all the lots are placed and just before it goes live. I did place 4-5 clouds makers but they are around the edges at this time plus some more deco items. More will be placed at a later date.

@CatherineTCJD can never have to many parks.

Trainee Moderator
#72 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 7:48 PM
Oh, the other one is not a park. It's a cemetary.

As for your question, yes I've playtested your lot. Everything is OK but my sim couldn't cook TV Dinner in the microwave because of the counter.

Of course you can create families, just create a new empty neighborhood with the family and upload the neighborhood.
I can extract your family and add it later whenever the neighborhood is finished.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#73 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 8:20 PM
I've checked the neighborhood and so far so good! Though, we still need more houses right? I'll start building a new one.
Mad Poster
#74 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 8:27 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 30th Jan 2015 at 8:23 PM.
Re: park/cemetery - Whew! ...and I agree, Marka - you really can't have too many parks

OK - here (attached) is a corrected swimming hole. And outdoor lights were also added. I also included a suggestion in the lot's description about how to easily turn the swimming area completely invisible.

Now I'm gonna fire up my big game and play-test the house. Then I'll make those corrections, if needed. The microwave may just have to be 'nuked' LOL. BG cabinet corner areas are a pita! And with the BG stair options I couldn't expand the kitchen like I wanted to. *sigh*

Count me in for a family, then. They may not be the greatest - and I'll certainly understand if you choose not to use them.

and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#75 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 8:37 PM Last edited by Peni Griffin : 30th Jan 2015 at 8:18 PM.
Is that a great big farmhouse next to the Counties' converted barn? Sweet!

I attach a zip containing three different floorplans based on Tract Houses I Have Lived In. I just realized that the big empty space for the driveway is in the wrong place in two of them, because that's where the driveway was in the originals and I didn't think. Flipping them would have taken me about seven hours longer, anyhow.

Yes, they are ugly. Some of that is base game cheap and some of it is that an awful lot of ugly tract homes got built during the mid-twentieth century. If they are too ugly and downscale for the neighborhood, pitch them out or revise them to suit. I was mostly concerned with keeping the cost under $20K but not requiring immediate expansion or causing route failure every day. All are unfurnished but have counters, appliances, lights, phones, smoke alarms, and plumbing fixtures.

Floorplan 1 - The Harrison. $16,326. 3 Bed/1 Bath, front and rear patios, large fenced yard, wall-to-wall carpet.
Floorplan 2 - The Trudell. $17,059. 3 Bed/1 Bath, hardwood floor in living area, wall-to-wall carpet in bedrooms, large fenced yard, front patio, landscaping. (By which the developers mean, one bay tree in the front yard.)
Floorplan 3 - The Havencrest. $20,117. 3 Bed/2 baths, front and rear patios, large fenced yard, wall-to-wall carpeting. (You can probably bring the cost down under $20 by replacing the carpet; but the place I based it on had some of the most spectacularly ugly carpet I've ever seen and it became important to me to use one of the patterned ones. You know those wildhairs you get.)

All are suitable for couples just starting out and hoping to expand their families right away, with room for building on as needed. They are also good investment properties for prospective landlords looking to generate rental income.

Warning: Not playtested. The bedrooms are tiny, but I did make sure (unlike Some Corporations We Know) that at least one in each would fit a double bed. The bathrooms are also tiny - a little smaller than I like, since I prefer to keep litter boxes and potty chairs in the bathrooms - but that was true of the originals, too. Enclosed back yards have no gates, so even if I screwed up the front and back doors the mail, newspapers, and visitors should all come to the front.

Page 3 of 18