Replies: 10518 (Who?), Viewed: 475707 times.
Page 298 of 421
Mad Poster
#7426 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keren
If you want me to read your post, don't put a damn line on it..
anyhow, James is the one I watch regularly, while I just know a bit the other two. I hoped he will live stream as well..I believe he will, at some point.
'cause people tend to live stream when they are going to events related to their channel's topic, their subscribers are expecting for that, it's nothing new
no influences needed here.

the fact that some people don't hate EA to their guts like most of you here do / enjoying the sims 4 like most of you don't
doesn't mean they are getting paid for it, or influenced by someone or anything.. as much as it may surprise you.
(I'm not standing for EA defense here, but for the people who entertain me, and I have some respect for them to not think they are EA's pawns..)

I wouldn't go on such assumption If they haven't announced the "NEW EXPERIENCE" which for whatever was actually absent in that game conference event, and that lead me to the suspicion that they had thought of suggesting those youtubers to start streaming. Like I imagine the convo:
"Hey, while you're here, maybe take the time to do the live stream while your subscribers are waiting for you to return to share the story about your stay at here?"
"Oh yeah! Sure."

Or something along the lines.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#7427 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 12:22 PM
[QUOTE=SneakyWingPhoenix] Like I imagine the convo:
"Hey, while you're here, maybe take the time to do the live stream while your subscribers are waiting for you to return to share the story about your stay at here?"
"Oh yeah! Sure."/QUOTE]

So? That doesn't sound particularly culpable?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Scholar
#7428 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I wouldn't go on such assumption If they haven't announced the "NEW EXPERIENCE" which for whatever was actually absent in that game conference event, and that lead me to the suspicion that they had thought of suggesting those youtubers to start streaming. Like I imagine the convo:
"Hey, while you're here, maybe take the time to do the live stream while your subscribers are waiting for you to return to share the story about your stay at here?"
"Oh yeah! Sure."

Or something along the lines.


I wanted to disagree in person
as I said, live streaming in events are super normal to happen
subscribers are expecting that, and so am I as a subscriber for James..
Forum Resident
#7429 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 12:26 PM
Many pictures from CAS, weather machine, scarecrow, flower table thingy, snowpals, new Build Mode categories (not going to post all the CAS items, so just click the link here):

Quote:
- Umbrella stand has 10-ish recolors (according to Grant, cause I forgot to take a look at this item), and there is a chance that it’s going to be customizable (modable). It’s done in a bit different way than furniture or other build menu items, but there is a chance that we will be able to recolor it as a custom content. Personally I will be super thrilled cause in real life I own something like 10 different umbrellas and they are a part of my look. So yay!
- I saw someone reported that ice skate rink is a part of the world. I don’t think so, because it was in build menu, and if I had enough space on the lot I would be able to place it right there. It is huge though, like really huge.
- I didn’t notice any new aspirations or traits. But will not say 100% that there is no new aspiration.
Scholar
#7430 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 12:31 PM Last edited by Keren : 11th Jun 2018 at 1:12 PM.


(Why there is no "Thank you" tag? )

I liked the option "question ability to actually scare crows"
Field Researcher
#7431 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 12:50 PM
The Ice Skating/Rollerblading Rink is confirmed by Gurus that it's an object in build mode, and it also appears in the world space during appropriate seasons.

On a side note, how many of you use the Sims 3 Style Camera in the options. I do, I find the regular camera to crude and designed for touchscreens or something, I honestly don't understand why they changed the default camera controls like that.
Forum Resident
#7432 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 1:05 PM


Nice... I'm still not a fan of the whole snowpal thing ( ) but whatever I'm not going to even go there

Moving on lol

In the video on the link I followed (when you scroll down a bit), I noticed the sim gaining a skill while using the weather machine. Any news on what that skill could be?
Scholar
#7433 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 1:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teostar
On a side note, how many of you use the Sims 3 Style Camera in the options. I do, I find the regular camera to crude and designed for touchscreens or something, I honestly don't understand why they changed the default camera controls like that.


I do. I also use the invert options if I remember correctly
the default camera is making me dizzy af
Forum Resident
#7434 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 1:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teostar
The Ice Skating/Rollerblading Rink is confirmed by Gurus that it's an object in build mode, and it also appears in the world space during appropriate seasons.

On a side note, how many of you use the Sims 3 Style Camera in the options. I do, I find the regular camera to crude and designed for touchscreens or something, I honestly don't understand why they changed the default camera controls like that.


I cannot stand the default camera the game has. I always have to use the Sims 3 style. Maybe the controls had something to do with the way the game was going to be before launch? I'm curious to know when they do live streams what camera controls they personally use.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#7435 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 1:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keren
(Why there is no "Thank you" tag? )


That's what Helpful is for.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#7436 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 5:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mspigglypooh
Nice... I'm still not a fan of the whole snowpal thing ( ) but whatever I'm not going to even go there

Moving on lol

In the video on the link I followed (when you scroll down a bit), I noticed the sim gaining a skill while using the weather machine. Any news on what that skill could be?


My guess would be handiness or logic

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#7437 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 5:30 PM

And with this, I can take a big sigh of relief. I was afraid the "hot weather" category was gonna take the place of "everyday"

EDIT: Sorry for the double post XD

The Receptacle still lives!
Forum Resident
#7438 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 6:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bag2
My guess would be handiness or logic


derp I should have known
Top Secret Researcher
#7439 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 7:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bag2
My guess would be handiness or logic


You forget this is The Sims 4. The add new skills wherever they want. We already have these gazilion skills.

Scholar
#7440 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 7:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emino
You forget this is The Sims 4. The add new skills wherever they want. We already have these gazilion skills.



Was that supposed to be a bad thing?
I really like the fact that we got a lot of skills.
Lab Assistant
#7441 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 7:29 PM
I love all the skills as well. The Sims 3 had a TON of skills too. I do wish they would implement a skill booklet like they had in TS3 though. Also better condesensing of the cooking skills, baking is way too hard to improve without books. How many days am I going to bake a new loaf of bread before I get a goddamn skill raise.
Mad Poster
#7442 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 8:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keren
Was that supposed to be a bad thing?
I really like the fact that we got a lot of skills.


Same. I've always liked how there's a skill for everything in TS3 and TS4.

The Receptacle still lives!
Scholar
DELETED POST
11th Jun 2018 at 8:39 PM
This message has been deleted by Chax.
Scholar
#7443 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 8:49 PM
It has been stated it will snow everywhere, including oasis springs, some areas will get more that others though...
Field Researcher
#7444 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 9:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysim
It has been stated it will snow everywhere, including oasis springs, some areas will get more that others though...

How much more snow though?!?! IT'S JUST SIMPLE WHITE TERRAIN PAINT!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#7445 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 10:46 PM
More means more ground! Some areas will get more ground texture. :P
Theorist
#7446 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teostar
The Ice Skating/Rollerblading Rink is confirmed by Gurus that it's an object in build mode, and it also appears in the world space during appropriate seasons.


That is good to hear, at least, as I have been bellyaching about having absolutely no place to put one with no new worlds/lots.
Top Secret Researcher
#7447 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 1:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysim
It has been stated it will snow everywhere, including oasis springs, some areas will get more that others though...


I think what I heard was Winter will be everywhere, but some area just wont snow such as Selvadorado?
Field Researcher
#7448 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 4:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysim
It has been stated it will snow everywhere, including oasis springs, some areas will get more that others though...


I could've sworn I heard both Selvadorada and Oasis Springs are too hot for snow. I wonder if it snows in Granite Falls?
Theorist
#7449 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 6:08 AM
I sure hope it does snow in Granite Falls. And I would prefer no snow in Oasis and definitely not in the jungle. Getting popcorn to see what happens.
Mad Poster
#7450 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 7:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emino
You forget this is The Sims 4. The add new skills wherever they want. We already have these gazilion skills.


More skills more options. They are all different, so it's not like it is an overwhelming amount. I like TS3/TS4 for including more.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Page 298 of 421
Back to top