Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Job Uniforms & Outfits fix

by Shimrod101 Posted 24th Feb 2015 at 8:06 PM

40 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 24 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 8:12 PM
Ty so much for this mod :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 9:00 PM
Coooll!! thank you Shimrod
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 9:24 PM
Thanks as always, greatly needed. One question though; you mentioned the "standard walker_sim" and how the gardener and fisherman aren't forced into uniform when they are in that mode. Is there any way to get ALL the job types to stay out of their uni's when not on duty and just walking through the hood? I constantly see even my created sims in maid outfits, for example, and some astronauts and now mascots. It would be nice if there was a way to stop this. Thanks again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 10:00 PM
Curious if this mod will conflict with the Domino/Pizza hut delivery mod which puts the delivery people in the appropriate brand uniforms?
Have fun !
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Java Joe
Curious if this mod will conflict with the Domino/Pizza hut delivery mod which puts the delivery people in the appropriate brand uniforms?
Have fun !

No, I don't think so from reading the description. They have overridden the uniforms themselves and the text changes would be in STBL files. If they had used any of the PizzaDelivery XML files, it would have been stated there.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Scholar
#7 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 10:26 PM
Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 10:36 PM
Great! Thanks
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ravynwolvf
Thanks as always, greatly needed. One question though; you mentioned the "standard walker_sim" and how the gardener and fisherman aren't forced into uniform when they are in that mode. Is there any way to get ALL the job types to stay out of their uni's when not on duty and just walking through the hood? I constantly see even my created sims in maid outfits, for example, and some astronauts and now mascots. It would be nice if there was a way to stop this. Thanks again.

It's possible to do for most of them at least. I've looked at this before and didn't manage to identify the astronaut and the purple mascot though. There's two different ways to approach this also, the individual SituationJob files or the Walkby files which plasticbox has used in the Fewer Stalkbys mod.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 10:52 PM
Thanks, I love your mods!
Deceased
THANKS POST
#11 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 11:55 PM
Nice addition, especially in combination with the bartender revamp. Thanks for both of these!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 12:04 AM
What would we do without you? Thanks <3
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#13 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 12:15 AM
more great stuff, i'm looking forward to seeing this in action. thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 1:29 AM
Thank you so much for this fix!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
It's possible to do for most of them at least. I've looked at this before and didn't manage to identify the astronaut and the purple mascot though. There's two different ways to approach this also, the individual SituationJob files or the Walkby files which plasticbox has used in the Fewer Stalkbys mod.

Actually, I guess I don't mind the mascot so much...kind of quirky, at least, and it just seems to be a random elder. The astronaut isn't that bad, either. I see the maid more than any, though (two of my female sims were forever randomly delegated to this duty), and a few other random rather plain outfits that I don't even know what job they are supposed to be.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 7:49 AM
Great Thanks
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#17 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 9:40 AM
Always using your fixes. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 12:44 PM
I wonder when EA finally starts to put you on their payroll
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 4:06 PM
As usual, Shimrod to the rescue...thanks!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#20 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 4:13 PM
I hadn't really noticed the uniform (or lack of them) issue until recently; I'm so glad that you corrected this!! Thank you for sharing it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 4:17 PM
Thank you !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 10:29 PM
Thank you =)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 10:36 PM
OK. I used this mod and my sims could no longer cook or open the fridge to retrive previously stored food.

I started taking out each mod and testing the game and this was the culprit.
Inventor
#24 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 11:28 PM
@kaichen04 That is a very common EA bug. For many it's enough to simply restart the game. Others have success with repairing their game through Origin.
Test Subject
#25 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crinrict
@kaichen04 That is a very common EA bug. For many it's enough to simply restart the game. Others have success with repairing their game through Origin.

@crinrict Removing the mod solved the issue.

I did re-started several times because I was testing mod by mod.

Following your advice, I tried again and now the mod works with no issues!
Page 1 of 2