Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS2 Alien Skin - Non-Default, Default + Babies - UPDATED 30/01/2021

by Qahne Posted 20th Mar 2015 at 1:16 AM - Updated 30th Jan 2021 at 9:52 PM by Qahne : Patch Issues - Files Updated

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 4:22 AM
Thanks, now I can bring my Loner family back to it's former glory.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 7:24 AM
this is awesome! thanks!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 10:45 AM
Wonderful! Now my PT#9 and son Johnny sims can look more authentic, thank you.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 9:00 PM
Stella was one of my favorite aliens in Sims 2, really she was the first one I decided to play because I wasn't into the alien thing at first. I love your TS4 one, so cute. Thank you for creating a new skin. I prefer softer hues than the hard ones that come in the game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 4:58 AM
So much memories <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 2:57 PM
Amaziiiing, please upload Stella Terrano. I love this sim from ts2 *-*
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 3:08 PM
2 good! Thnx 4 sharing~
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 7:32 PM
Totally Downloading Now !
Test Subject
#10 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 9:58 PM
HIya... I was wondering if you'll be updating this in the aftermath of the patch that's given us all so much grief? It's a great skintone, and I like it a lot as it suits my aliens perfectly.

Make Poverty History
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 2:09 AM Last edited by Qahne : 31st Mar 2015 at 2:36 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by maegovan
HIya... I was wondering if you'll be updating this in the aftermath of the patch that's given us all so much grief? It's a great skintone, and I like it a lot as it suits my aliens perfectly.

Grief? My gaming PC went down the day after I uploaded this, so I haven't been able to play TS4 and I have yet to experience the wondrous borkedness of the patch - how has it affected skintones? Is my tone simply not showing up or is it somehow broken in the game now? I'm betting that they've injected coding so that the game can differentiate between alien skintones and human ones - I'll look around, it should be a simple fix that I can do without needing to wait for my PC to get fixed. Thanks for letting me know!

EDIT: EAxis injected some new lines of coding in the TONE resource, presumable to differentiate between human skin and alien skin. Files updated accordingly! Get 'em while they're hot! New version for Get To Work aliens will be coming when I get the EP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 12:52 PM
YES! This is what I've been looking for! Thank you <3
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#13 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 3:05 AM
This is so lovely! Thank you for the brilliant upload.

Do you have any plans to default the alien and alien baby skintones? That would be really wonderful, but if you're not planning to do that, I understand.
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TARLACHRed
This is so lovely! Thank you for the brilliant upload.

Do you have any plans to default the alien and alien baby skintones? That would be really wonderful, but if you're not planning to do that, I understand.

You mean the aliens from GTW? Yes, that was the plan from the start, but my PC currently has some issues - my new hard drive should arrive on Monday, and I'll get to it then! Let me know which of the skins you think I should replace - I was thinking maybe the pale green one, since it's fairly close and probably will be unmissed.

Quote:
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Forum Resident
#15 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Qahne
You mean the aliens from GTW? Yes, that was the plan from the start, but my PC currently has some issues - my new hard drive should arrive on Monday, and I'll get to it then! Let me know which of the skins you think I should replace - I was thinking maybe the pale green one, since it's fairly close and probably will be unmissed.

Ahh, yes. I meant the aliens from GTW. Glad to hear that's the plan! Not so glad to hear about your PC issues. Hope everything is resolved smoothly; I would be upset if anything happened to my computer! Replacing the pale green one sounds like the best idea, but how about one version where it replaces every alien skintone (if it doesn't take too much of your time - I could always do that myself)? Call me old-fashioned, but I'm stuck in my TS2 ways! Mint aliens are the only aliens for me, haha.
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 9:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TARLACHRed
Ahh, yes. I meant the aliens from GTW. Glad to hear that's the plan! Not so glad to hear about your PC issues. Hope everything is resolved smoothly; I would be upset if anything happened to my computer! Replacing the pale green one sounds like the best idea, but how about one version where it replaces every alien skintone (if it doesn't take too much of your time - I could always do that myself)? Call me old-fashioned, but I'm stuck in my TS2 ways! Mint aliens are the only aliens for me, haha.

haha, I'm much the same - I've made TS2 alien skins for both TS1 and TS3, too - it's just such a prettier, more subdued colour than the eye-searing shades EA are into right now. It isn't much harder to get the skin to replace all the alien colours, so I will definitely do that! I will try to make one of the replacements today, is it okay if I PM it to you so you can test it out for me? Thanks for the great feedback, it always helps to know what my fellow simmers want

Quote:

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Forum Resident
#17 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 12:52 AM
haha, I'm much the same - I've made TS2 alien skins for both TS1 and TS3, too - it's just such a prettier, more subdued colour than the eye-searing shades EA are into right now. It isn't much harder to get the skin to replace all the alien colours, so I will definitely do that! I will try to make one of the replacements today, is it okay if I PM it to you so you can test it out for me? Thanks for the great feedback, it always helps to know what my fellow simmers want

Ah, I'm so sorry for not noticing this message sooner! I sent you reply.
Test Subject
#18 Old 1st Feb 2016 at 2:39 AM
I love this mod!

Are the NPC going to be able to choose the custom or default skin?

Pearl: Everything I ever did, I did for her. Now she's gone, but I'm still here. What would she think of me now?
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 1st Feb 2016 at 2:07 PM
No, I've flagged both skintones so that NPCs won't spawn with them - you can grab the GTW alien version if you want alien NPCs to spawn with it, though!

Quote:

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Test Subject
#20 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 7:36 AM
No, I've flagged both skintones so that NPCs won't spawn with them - you can grab the GTW alien version if you want alien NPCs to spawn with it, though!

That's awesome! I'll use the replacement for the tone nº9. Thanks for both mods! :D

Pearl: Everything I ever did, I did for her. Now she's gone, but I'm still here. What would she think of me now?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 9:28 AM
OMG, this is perfect ty!
Could I ask you where you've found Stella Terrano?
Scholar
Original Poster
#22 Old 1st Aug 2016 at 2:17 AM
I'm afraid this Stella is my own creation, and I don't use the Gallery, but I am sure there are others on there - besides which, I don't know if I even have this one anymore! I've made a newer version since then, visible on my alien eye upload, so this old Stella really exists only in these screenshots now.

Quote:

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 22nd Sep 2016 at 6:07 PM
Thank you so much for making TS2-style aliens designable in TS4! The skin and eyes look gorgeous, and I can't wait to invade my save file with these classic aliens.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 3:49 AM
hope to see more of your stuff soon
Test Subject
#25 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 8:08 PM
With the new Skintone update done this month these skins no longer appear or work in the game? Will you be updating them so we can have these awesome skins bk in our game as I have had to remove them for now as ALL cc skintones are broken since the update.
Page 1 of 2