Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 10:02 PM
Well I'm going to go ahead and start putting my careers together in SimPE. I will leave this thread up for now for future feedback and suggestions. And I did find it is possible for fun to go up btw! Im starting with drama club and will upload it upon completion. Bidous career editor wont let me make it negative in the program, so i will have to go in and do it manually. I will keep you updated on the progress! Again, thanks for all your help!
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 12:22 AM
I am looking forward to seeing these completed! I've been following this thread with interest.

Will there be custom outfits for any of these clubs? I mean, most of the time you wouldn't need anything special, but it would be cute if the cheerleaders could go to club in the cheerleading outfits. Of course, that's probably really hard and not attractive to most people, but it was a thought.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 2:12 AM
@Esmeiolanthe: In Bidou's Career Editor, it really helps you set up a career and enter everything in easily, even the outfits so it could be possible. I would have to search for the GUIDS though. For the male cheerleader it would just be some form of athletic outfit. I'm in the middle of making the drama club career. I started by cloning a maxis career through object workshop. I'm confused as to whether or not I need to change the GUID number or how to do it. I don't want it to replace the Teen Military Career (the career I cloned). I've looked for tutorials, but all the ones I have seen are before the career editor came out...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 2:49 AM
I'd love it if the cheerleaders wore the cheer leading outfit.

I do know every career needs it's own GUID number, and that's the only thing I know about making them.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 2:56 AM Last edited by tcbandie10 : 1st Apr 2015 at 10:17 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I'd love it if the cheerleaders wore the cheer leading outfit.

I do know every career needs it's own GUID number, and that's the only thing I know about making them.

Yea I do know it is necessary to change the GUID, I thought it would be easier to figure out though.

Update: I figured out how to change the GUID for the career. I registered, got the 256 GUIDs. Went to plugin view and clicked Get GUID which changed the number and allowed me to edit the name to jobdata - teen - Drama Club. Though when I went to the Career Editor again, all the text was back to the military text. Im currently trying to figure that out.

EDIT: I have changed the GUIDS and I believe the career is EP compatible. The first time I tried to play it in game, it did not show up with InSim. I went back and I have 89 BCONS which is good. I went back to play the career and the game crashed...So I will have to try and figure out the source of the problem...if anyone understands career making and would like to take a look at the career, please let me know and I will add the file to the post.

UPDATE: Well I officially derped....it was a very simple thing. I had 2 object function files. Who would of thought a simple problem like that would crash your game?! Well it shows up, I tested the chance cards and made needed changes. There is literally 1 MORE STEP!! Just got to attach the icon!

Thank you everyone for helping me through this process.

UPDATE 3/29/15: My first teen club career, Drama Club, has been submitted! I will keep you posted.

UPDATE 3/31/15: Glad to report that the Drama Club Teen Career has been approved. Now which one to work on and submit next
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 10:18 PM
The next club career will be cheerleading. I have started editing the career and was wondering which would be better? In mascot uniforms? Or everyday? Or just sweats? Thanks!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#32 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 10:23 PM
Is there a teen cheerleader outfit? Is it for boys as well? I would give them the cheerleader outfit to the girls if there is one and sweats for the boys.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 10:35 PM
Is there a teen cheerleader outfit? Is it for boys as well? I would give them the cheerleader outfit to the girls if there is one and sweats for the boys.

There is no cheerleading outfit available through the career editor. But it would be neat for them to do that. Since Maxis clothes do not have GUIDS, I would have to make the cheerleading outfit a career outfit so it gets a GUID so I can use it. Idk why they didnt give all the clothes GUIDS....
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 1:40 PM
The cheerleading career is pretty much complete. I just need to go in and check it one last time and change the salaries. I looked through tutorials and tried different methods but the cheerleading uniform is a no go it is quite annoying teens don't have many clothing options for careers.... but the current plan is mascot for 1st level and no outfit for the 2nd and 3rd. I apologize. I even got the icons all working so this one should need no revising.

The next career I am working on is my Young Inventors Club. While Im working on that I need some help brainstorming for level 3 chance cards for some other careers. I am having trouble brainstorming alone lol.

These are the careers I am currently brainstorming lvl 3 cards for:
-Choir
-Student Senate
-Mathletes
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#35 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 2:11 PM
Choir sounds fun, I will have a think for you (I sung in a choir throughout my school days and I am a member of a choir now)

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#36 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 2:15 AM
Is there a chance card for the lower levels? I was thinking tell us what they say and maybe we can think of something along the same lines.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 1:23 PM
Is there a chance card for the lower levels? I was thinking tell us what they say and maybe we can think of something along the same lines.

The choir one has 2 chance cards. (I will eventually have to modify the text for the career editor, but it gives you the main idea)
Lvl 1.
You’re at rehearsal in order to prepare for the big concert tonight. When you begin singing the final piece for the concert, you realize that the soloist that sings in the middle of the song is nowhere to be seen. You’ve been looking over the piece and reading along every time the soloist sang their part. You could give it a shot and start singing the solo when it comes up, or you can just count the measures as rests like you normally do.

Lvl 2.
It’s time for choir practice to begin and your director is nowhere to be seen. Everyone is getting bored of waiting and start to chat and do other things. As one of the soloists, you do have some power over the other members and you could try and impress your director by starting warm ups. Though you could sit back and wait and look through your music and do something useful and ignore everything around you.

Mathletes chance card text.
Lvl 1.
You’re cheering the team on at their first competition. They aren’t doing so hot and are in 4th place out of 5 schools. They have finally become tied with 3rd place and if they beat them, they’ll take home the bronze. The judge asks what you think is a fairly simple question that you could answer. Shockingly, neither team has buzzed in yet. You and a member make eye contact and you could quickly sign the number to them so they can answer the question correctly, but you also risk being caught by the judge.

Lvl 2.
It’s the biggest competition of the year against your biggest rival. You’re the top two teams in the bracket and you’re tied. It’s the final round of the competition and each team must select a member to go answer the final question alone. Should you volunteer yourself and prove to the Mathletes you’re worthy enough? Or just hang back and let a more experienced member handle it?

Student Senate (not officially typed yet, but you get the main idea)
Lvl 1.
(Let me know if you think this should be changed)
Student Senate needs help for a project for the upcoming school dance. You have also been invited to the biggest social party of the year. Skip the party and help? Or lie to the members and tell them your too busy and head to the party?

Lvl 2.
President needs fundraiser immediately to generate funds for a project of some sort. He wants to host a bake sale tomorrow during lunch for the students to sell baked goods and asks you to collect items today from members. You think hosting a bigger fundraiser this weekend off school grounds will generate more funds. Convince the president to wait until the weekend to host a fundraiser? Or go along with the bake sale idea?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#38 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 2:02 AM
Hmm let's see. For choir how about something about the understudy hands you your usual pre singing gargle mixture, but the colour/smell/look is wrong. She says it's a new recipe that (some famous singer) swears by. Do you use it or not? Good-The understudy is a very helpful person and it helps you sing better than ever and gain a skill point. Or good could also be X runs up to stop you using the gargle because they know what the understudy was planing in which case you don't use the gargle and the understudy is forced to leave. Bad- you use it and are left coughing with a sore throat and can't sing. The understudy is jealous and spiteful and sabotaged your singing to try and take your place. You lose a skill point or even a demotion. Or maybe not using the gargle has no positives except you carry on as normal and the understudy is forced to leave.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 2:43 AM
Hmm let's see. For choir how about something about the understudy hands you your usual pre singing gargle mixture, but the colour/smell/look is wrong. She says it's a new recipe that (some famous singer) swears by. Do you use it or not? Good-The understudy is a very helpful person and it helps you sing better than ever and gain a skill point. Or good could also be X runs up to stop you using the gargle because they know what the understudy was planing in which case you don't use the gargle and the understudy is forced to leave. Bad- you use it and are left coughing with a sore throat and can't sing. The understudy is jealous and spiteful and sabotaged your singing to try and take your place. You lose a skill point or even a demotion. Or maybe not using the gargle has no positives except you carry on as normal and the understudy is forced to leave.

I love that idea! Creative!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 2:32 AM
UPDATE: I hope your enjoying the two club careers I have uploaded so far. I am currently working on the Young Inventors club. I have finally come up with a lvl 3 chance card for that. Choir also has a lvl 3 chance card thanks to joandsarah77. I am still brainstorming for Student Senate and Mathletes! Thank you everyone for your help through this project. Just have final touches left and I can upload the Inventors one
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#41 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 4:35 AM
Politics and maths- so not my area Total blank on those.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#42 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 10:21 AM
I'm really looking forward to your Young Inventors club!
Sadly i can't help you with politics and math... they really aren't my favourite. -^.^-
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 5th May 2015 at 7:23 PM
Ok I am finished with the Young Inventors Club! Just have to test it in game and get some pictures. Next will most likely be choir as I brainstorm for some level 3 chance cards for the other careers...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 2:55 AM Last edited by tcbandie10 : 1st Sep 2015 at 10:33 PM.
So so sorry of my long absence! Between changing jobs and schedules, and laptop frying....things have been crazy. I have NOT abandoned this project though! I will be posting an update about where this project stands. I will be pulling off needed files from my hard drive, which includes my career text document. I will be updating this post with all the info!!

UPDATE 9/1: I am pulling off needed files from my hard drive tonight and may be setting up the desktop for me to use. Unfortunately, I will have to reinstall all my programs.... Here is where the project stands:
-Cheerleading - DONE
-Drama Club - DONE, but I would like to update the photo to something more fun
-Young Inventors Club - DONE, would also like to update the photo
-Choir - all three chance cards are done, just need to put it in career editor and make the icon.
-Mathletes- need one more chance card for level 3. All level descriptions are done
-Student Senate - need 1 more chance card for level 3. May have one possible idea...All level descriptions are done
-Band - No chance cards, but all level descriptions are done.
-Service Club - Still not sure if I'll go with the current name or change it. No chance cards, but all level descriptions are done
-Newspaper Club - No level descriptions yet or chance cards.

This will definitely keep me busy. Please feel free to brainstorm chance cards!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 18th Dec 2015 at 8:42 PM
I have not abandoned this project, but I apologize for being absent so long. I have submitted 3 of my club careers so far. I am currently working on Student Senate. I still need to come up with a level 3 chance card and am open to suggestions if anyone has any! Level 1 and 2 both have chance cards and I would like chance cards for all levels. Thanks to everyone who has helped me through this project.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 8:53 PM
Default Please read!!! Student Senate Chance Cards
I would appreciate if some one looked these over content wise. Stupid? Funny? Confusing? Thanks! Will most likely reword here and there

Level 1
Main Text: $Me is excited for the weekend. One of the cheerleaders is having a huge party while her parents are out of town for the weekend. She has offered an invitation to $Me only because he sits next to her in Economics and they small talk once in a while. The Homecoming committee head makes an announcement at lunch to the Senate members. Their committee is behind on decorations for the dance and needs some extra hands to help. $Me would like to help his fellow senate members with their issue, but he also doesn't want to miss out on one of the biggest social events of the year! Should he make up an excuse why he can't help and go to the party? Or should he just suck it up and help and hope he gets a chance to swing by the party.

Choice A: Go to party
Fail A: "I can't really help out tonight, I promised my parents we would go out for dinner tonight" $Me explains to the committee head. They completely understand and he is let off the hook. When party time comes, he shows up to the party, fashionably late of course, and starts to mingle with other people while enjoying the company of some of the cheerleaders. "Family dinner huh?" he hears a voice from behind. Standing behind him is the committee head with some other Student Senate members. $Me quickly explains they went out early for dinner, but the committee head doesn't fully buy the story. He loses 1 charisma point and his chance with the cheerleaders that night.

Pass A: "I wish I could, but I really need to head straight home after school" $Me apologizes to the committee head. They understand completely and he is let off the hook from helping. When party time comes, $Me heads over fashionably late to the house. It's crowded with a lot of the popular kids. He circles the room and talks with a variety of people he never knew went to school with him before. He fibs to Student Senate and texts the committee head that he just found out about the party and headed over after dinner with his family to see if they were coming. They respond with "We might, we're just finishing up over here. Maybe we will see you there!" $Me has successfully slipped by Student Senate and had more people say hi to him that following Monday than ever before. He gains 1 charisma point.

Choice B: Help Student Senate
Pass B: $Me doesn't feel like lying to Student Senate and really wants to help the Homecoming dance be successful. They meet after school and whip through decorations with high speed. $Me helps the committee head direct people to different jobs while jumping in to help with tying balloons and taping decorations on the wall. They finish in great time. The committee head thanks everyone for their hard works and asks if anyone is going to the party tonight. They all head over to the house together. $Me gets a chance to actually converse with some of the popular kids that the Class President knows. $Me gains 1 charisma point.

Fail B: $Me decides he will suck it up and stay to help Student Senate. As the Committee Head is divvying out tasks, $Me is given the tasks of cutting out hearts for the buffet table. $Me tries to whip through the cutting and finishes it as quickly as he can so he can move on to the next task. The Class President takes one look at his work and wrinkles their nose. "Those aren't hearts. They look like arrowheads! Do you know what a heart looks like $Me?" the President criticizes. He is forced to throw his "arrowheads" away. The Committee Head ends up sending me over to help sweep the gym and passes the task along to someone else. $Me loses 1 logic point.

Level 2
Main Text: $Me is enjoying lunch at his usual table with his usual clique until the President motions for him to come over. $Me drops his tray off at the Tray Return and joins the Class President on the bench by the Sport Trophies cabinet. "We would really like to do something special for the Winter Dance this year, but we are getting low on our funds" they explain. "We really need an emergency fundraiser this week so we can buy the supplies this weekend!" They seem a little on edge and a week's notice for a fundraiser is not enough for anything extravagant. Should $Me try and come up with a fundraiser for this week, or ask the President to wait and do a bigger fundraiser this weekend?

Choice A: Come up with Fundraiser
Pass A: $Me tells the President they will get right on it and have a fundraiser ready before the end of the week. He scrambles around the lunch room and calls an emergency senate meeting. He gathers the group over by the Class Pictures and explains the situation. He divvies out tasks and tells the President that they will have a fundraiser the day after tomorrow. When the day comes, $Me has donuts ready to give out for donations to classmates and teachers and tells them the funds will go towards the Winter Dance decorations. They surprisingly end up running out of donuts, which were bought at a discount thanks to a member who had a parent that worked at the bakery where they came from. With all the funds they made, the Homecoming committee head was able to put the funds towards a chocolate fondue fountain for the dance. The Fondue Fountain was a huge hit for the students, but less appreciated by the school janitor. $Me gains 1 logic point.

Fail A: $Me assures the President they can have a fundraiser ready to go by the day after tomorrow before the weekend hits. He scrambles around the lunchroom to gather up the Student Senate members for an emergency meeting. He explains the situation and starts divvying out tasks to the members. $Me decides to do a bake sale a lunch time as a fundraiser and asks members to bring in baked goods to sell for a donation. When the day comes, $Me is disappointed to find that not many members were good bakers, or some didn't bake at all. They were also out competed by Drama Club selling donuts for donations to help the local community theater group at lunch the same time. "$Me, I was expecting a little more to come from the Bake Sale, but I guess we will just have to work with the money we got for decorations" the Class President says. $Me feels as if he let the Student Senate down and loses 1 logic point.

Choice B: Wait till weekend
Pass B: $Me tells the President it would be much better until they wait for the weekend. He has overheard that Young Inventors Club is attempting to do some type of fundraiser at lunch tomorrow and doesn't want to have to compete with them. At their after school meeting, $Me gives the option of organizing a car wash on Saturday at the gas station where one of the member's siblings works. Everyone is on board and they all meet up Saturday morning with sponges and buckets in hand. The gas station is super busy due to the nice weather and a line soon forms of cars wanting to get their car washed. They raise over 500 simoleans thanks to a nice heft donation by the mayor who swung by for a car wash. The Senate votes to use the extra money to rent a fog machine and buy some laser lights for the dance. The students enjoy dancing in the fog and lasers at the dance. It almost feels like a club atmosphere rather than a school gym. $Me gains 1 logic point.

Fail B: $Me tells the President it would be much better until they wait for the weekend. He has overheard that Young Inventors Club is attempting to do some type of fundraiser at lunch tomorrow and doesn't want to have to compete with them. At their after school meeting, $Me gives the option of organizing a car wash on Saturday at the gas station where one of the member's siblings works. $Me arrives early to gas station and is upset to find the Cheerleading squad washing cars across the street. It's hard to compete with the cheerleaders, since they are, well, cheerleaders. They make a little money that day, mostly from parents and teachers that stop in to help them out. With the amount of funds they make, they are only able to purchase a better brand of punch for the buffet table.. $Me loses 1 logic point.

Level 3
$Me and some other Student Senate members have been attending the city council meetings once a month to listen in on the debates. The election for city mayor is coming up. The current mayor has ran his terms, so two new candidates are running in the race. One of the candidates approaches the group and asks $Me if Student Senate would be interested in helping with the campaign. This candidate is not in the lead. Should $Me and Student Senate help the underdog or help the candidate in the lead?

Help
Pass A: They out their heads together and poll door to door while trying to persuade young voters to register. The more they get the candidates name out, the more the public begin to like him. $Me even had a chance to speak at a few of their speeches. When the elections come around. Their candidate comes from behind and takes the win. For all their help, the new town mayor has offered to sponsor Student Senate and donates a hefty sum of simoleans. $Me gains 1 charisma point.

Fail A: The candidate needs to borrow some simoleans to get his campaign underway. They poll door to door, inform the student body of the election, and donate even more simoleans. Right before elections, the candidate drops out of the race. When Student Senate goes to confront them about their being paid back for the loans, he is no where to be found and has fled the city. Student Senate is out of luck on getting their money back, so $Me is forced to fork out 200 simoleans to pay for some of it.

Help other candidate
Pass B: They help the other candidate with their campaign through volunteering for fundraisers such as soup kitchens and flipping pancakes. When election time rolls around, their candidate wins by a landslide. In order to thank Student Senate for their help, the new mayor offers to pay 1000 simoleans towards this year's prom and welcomes $Me as an honorary member of city council. $Me gains 1 charisma skill point.

Fail B: While $Me and the other members are organizing letters to send out in the campaign office. They are shocked when the police patrol into the office to arrest their candidate. They are all escorted to the police station for questioning. $Me finds out the candidate has been caught with their hand in the cookie jar and taking funds out of the campaign money. The underdog candidate ends up winning the election due to no contenders. The new mayor bans Student Senate from the city council meetings. $Me loses 1 charisma skill point.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 5:10 PM
Since I see that people have loved the chance cards for Student Senate, I'm going to go ahead and begin putting the career together! The next one on my list is mathletes. I will update this post with the chance cards I have so far. I know I still need level 3.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 19th Jan 2016 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
Original idea. I would have never thought of using the Teen careers as after-school clubs.

Thank you. I saw the teen after school sports and music careers and loved them. So I decided to expand on those to clubs. They have been super fun to make, especially the chance cards. :D
Page 2 of 2