Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Door Locks for TS4 - Version 3c

by scumbumbo Posted 7th Apr 2015 at 8:55 AM - Updated 19th Aug 2018 at 9:36 PM by scumbumbo : Updated for Dec 4, 2015 game patch

1070 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 552 Feedback Posts, 517 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 43
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 9:05 AM
Wow, thank you for taking your time to create this mod! It got me really excited to see this pop up this morning. I just have one question, so this does not work on retail lots?
Thank you again!
Deceased
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 9:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Neeri
Wow, thank you for taking your time to create this mod! It got me really excited to see this pop up this morning. I just have one question, so this does not work on retail lots?
Thank you again!

I don't have the EP yet, so not sure if it would work on retail lots or not. My guess is no, unless the lot is "owned" by a sim household then they should be able to set locks. As I said in the description though, allowing sims to edit locks on venue lots might be doable in a future version. I haven't even tried that yet, and probably won't for a while. Between fixing mods broken by the latest patch and working on this, I haven't played in weeks, lol!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 9:10 AM
Awesome, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 9:12 AM
well looks like I am gonna have to revamp my prison.... should have waited a day lol ooh and thanks by the way this adds an amount of control to the game that it was sorely missing!~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 9:15 AM
Awesome, thanks so much for this. This just improves the game on so many levels.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 9:15 AM
This is the first time I've commented/thanked someone. This is f***ing amazing. I was just wondering why there weren't any locks in TS4.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 9:15 AM
I have GTW, I might try and see prob when we are in the store as manager it would work? Since is just a community lot kinda and we own it?
Deceased
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 9:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim_plistic
well looks like I am gonna have to revamp my prison.... should have waited a day lol ooh and thanks by the way this adds an amount of control to the game that it was sorely missing!~
Lol - sorry, I had "lock for all sims" working days ago, but had to do some major rewriting in order to get the lock filters working. EA did not make this easy!(*)

(*) Actually they kind of did, all the necessary parts were there in the code, they just had to be pulled together for another purpose.
Deceased
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 9:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlineFrrr
I have GTW, I might try and see prob when we are in the store as manager it would work? Since is just a community lot kinda and we own it?
Can't hurt anything to try it, let us know, thanks!
Deceased
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 9:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StinkyMilk
This is the first time I've commented/thanked someone. This is f***ing amazing. I was just wondering why there weren't any locks in TS4.

Yes, we were ALL wondering that. Locks were in there, sort of, this is basically an extension of the locks that keep visiting sims out until they are greeted - I just kind of hacked at it to make it work for general use. Glad you like it!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 9:27 AM
Holy cow, this has to be the most requested mod right now. Nice work!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 9:44 AM
Its working on community lots, Thanks for the awesome mod we needed this on so many levels now them nosey lil bichs stay out of my room haha
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 9:44 AM
And once again modders have done something that EA is too lazy to make.
Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 9:57 AM
Thank you so much, it's a feature sorely missed (no more visitors making a beeline for the bar or computer!).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 10:03 AM
I like the sound of this mod hope it works in Get To Work be great for the retail toilets one male only for toilet and same for females
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 10:08 AM
This is perfect...thx for all your hard work and time in creating this much needed mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 10:19 AM
Great, so long waiting for this. Thanks a million.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 10:22 AM
This is great.. and yes its works for get to work! thank you very much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 10:27 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 10:29 AM
Hello again, I can confirm that it works on your retail lot as well. I locked the staff room and set it to "Lock out visitors" and it worked. No one is watching tv or reading books anymore in my store!
However, it also locks out staff, so that is the only downside. Either way, It is an amazing mod.

If it could work with managing staff in the lock features, then this mod alone would fix GTW.
Thank you again for your hard work :3!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 10:31 AM
It's a very nice mod, but not exactly what I was expecting.. Is it possible to set the doors not only for genders or visitors but for sims too?. I have created apartments that I can't use until now because sims don't stay in their apartments. They use to go at their neighboroods's home to use the toilets or the microwave.. So if could use a mod like yours to lock doors for this family (or sim) or that, I would be glad to..
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 10:31 AM
AWESOME!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 10:38 AM
Awesome...thanks :)
Field Researcher
#25 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 10:44 AM
That's it!! Finally!! Thank you sooooo much!!! :lovestruc
Here is the STBL file for Chinese translations. I can't wait to try it in my game! Thanks again!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  DoorLocks_STBL-CN.zip (404 Bytes, 40 downloads)
Page 1 of 43