Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 12:07 AM
Default Downloads and site status
Hi All,

With the new server installed, general forum browsing has improved a lot, however I still need to work on the attachments and download system.

To that end, please be aware that downloads may not work at the moment - they may either be slow or just plain broken.

Please do not report issues with downloads in Site Tech as it's something I'm working on actively. When I have completed the work I will update this news post.

Regards,
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#2 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 9:54 AM
Downloads and attachments are back for registered members ONLY until I can work on an alternative solution.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 12:51 PM
that's good i haven't notist that much of a change but that might be besouse i have full speed broadband

no ears
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 3:50 PM
I've upgraded vBulletin to 3.0.7 and reinstated many of the hacks we used to have.

If you see anything not working now that you used to have, let me know.

Regards,
Delphy

PS I know about the custom avatar problem.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 3:50 PM
Wow !

This is the fastest I've ever been able to navigate this site. Keep up the good work.

Best,
Doc
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 3:52 PM
s*ht man that's fast

no ears
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 4:46 PM
Sorry to be a pain, but the forums have never worked slower :werd: ...
Also, why did you remove the date of thread creation (in the forumdisplay)? This way I have to go into the thread just to realize it's actualy old.

Anyway, thanks for your hard work
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 4:53 PM
Simling,

I have yet to re-add some hacks back in. I'll be doing this over the next few days.

For a lot of people the forums are much quicker... I'm not sure why some are reporting it's slower. It could be a DNS issue.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 5:00 PM
YAY! this is just too cool!
And I now have FTP access! So I'll get my stuff together and do an update ASAP.
Thanks heaps Delphy!!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 5:19 PM
No probs Mike... I'll be tweaking mySQL and apache over the next few days, so you'll see some small downtime, but nowhere near the past couple of days.

Please note that links to http://www.modthesims2.com/ are on the new server and http://modthesims2.com/ are on the old one.

Use www.modthesims2.com when FTPing in

Thanks
Delphy
Field Researcher
#11 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 5:26 PM
The site seems to be working at a lot faster now! :D

I just noticed that when I tried to refresh this page, I got a "database error". I don't know what that's about but I thought I would let you know.

Anyway, thanks for all your hard work Delphy!
Beautiful Girl from Norway
#12 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 5:28 PM
The site is working verry slow for me now:confused:
meybe its just my pc..
Instructor
#13 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 5:37 PM Last edited by VAMPY BITES V^^^^V : 9th Apr 2005 at 3:39 PM.
Good update,BUT When I use the "New Message" the topics are all randomly grouped.Where as before they were grouped by their own forum topics.
Please,could you put it back the way it was?

"S"
V^^^^V

"S"
V^^^^V

" Enjoy LIFE, 'cause DEATH is just around the CORONER ! ©"
Field Researcher
#14 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 5:50 PM
Hello again,

I just noticed when browsing the site, that some of the images are not showing up. I assume that this is related to the avatar problem, but I thought it was kind of weird that some pics were visible and some aren't.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 6:08 PM Last edited by Brasstex : 7th Apr 2005 at 6:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by faeriegurl
Hello again,

I just noticed when browsing the site, that some of the images are not showing up. I assume that this is related to the avatar problem, but I thought it was kind of weird that some pics were visible and some aren't.

I have the same problem, in fact I can't view any attachments (file or pic), or post them. I've had a hard time staying connected as well, connection refused or timed out. Love the speed with which the pages load though, it's very fast! I'm not really complaining, I love the site, but just thought I'd mention this.

Brasstex

PS - I can see all of your avatars
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 6:21 PM
So weird. I've got a T1 connection here and the pages have never been slower. Maybe I'll just try to access the site later this week....
Field Researcher
#17 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 7:23 PM
Yeah, I have the same prob.
I have Broadband, but it is still going the same speed?!?
Hey, Delphy, have you sorted this out yet?

EDIT:

Lol, are we gonna get our custom avatars back Delphy?
'Cause Sonic is getting very lonely! :D
Field Researcher
#18 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 7:56 PM
Default Uploads
just curious.. I uploaded some things.. probably the same day you began the upgrade... on the 4th or maybe even the 5th, so I was wondering if I should re-submit them or just wait.....?
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 8:15 PM
no probs. - dsl - great work delphy- maybe the peeps with problems should try cleaning' out their' COOKIES - just a thought and start a fresh "log-In" - just a wild card - but what the heck? Thanks' again for the best Sims - site on the web
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 10:03 PM
Wow, it's SO much faster! I love it.

Delphy (and the rest of the gang), for all your hard work, I just want to say that you guys should take a day off from everything, relax in a big armchair or a lawnchair, have a beer (*cough* if you drink beer, that is. Sorry.) or a little lemonade with an umbrella in it. Just relax...
Test Subject
#21 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simling14
Also, why did you remove the date of thread creation (in the forumdisplay)?

I would also like to request that the date of thread creation be brought back. This is a feature I use quite a bit.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 12:15 AM
I am unable to download. I have read that downloads were up again for registered members (obviously I am registered). I'll wait and try again later.
Test Subject
#23 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 12:35 AM
i'm just glad there's enough money in the donations bin to keep this site the best relatively new sims modding site out there.....i remember when it was a struggle to keep $300 in there. it is also one of the, if not THE best structured sites.

anywho, i'm not able to see the thumbnails or the jpegs themselves, but i know this is a transitional problem between hardware. anytime you go from hardware to hardware (i.e. server to new server) there's always gonna be some glitches that need to be smoothed out.

with that said, i'm just gonna sit tight and wait it out.
Scholar
#24 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 12:45 AM
this updating of the site is at least giving me the chance to clear out my downloads folder a bit as it was getting too full
i can go on a frenzy again once i can see the attachments and be able to download again
Test Subject
#25 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 1:02 AM
I can't seem to download, says I have to register, but I am already registered. Guess I just have to wait it out. Also the pics aren't showing up for me either.
Page 1 of 4