Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2015 at 10:55 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 22nd May 2015 at 1:53 PM. Reason: Edited thread title
Default “Sims Freeplay” conversions
Is there anyone intrested to make a tool that can extract objects with texture from the sims freeplay so we can start converting from that game it have a lot of great stuff on it

Any one intrested ???

I have no idea where to put this so i puted ot here
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd May 2015 at 1:52 PM
No requests on this site, please.

However it might be useful if you could add some information to your post – I for one don’t even know what you mean by “sims freeplay”. Is this a spin-off of some earlier version of The Sims? Please add what you know about it; is there any documentation on data formats, existing tools, etc .. if it’s similar to one of the earlier games, maybe tools for those games will work for this as well (or can be modified when they are open source).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 22nd May 2015 at 5:59 PM
The Sims Freeplay is a freemium mobile version. It's one of those mobile games that's free on the store and you can play for free but if you do some in-app purchases you become an instant god.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_FreePlay
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_FreePlay

It's not worth the time and effort to extract the models from this game, as mobile games have low quality models for desktop games.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd May 2015 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
No requests on this site, please.

However it might be useful if you could add some information to your post – I for one don’t even know what you mean by “sims freeplay”. Is this a spin-off of some earlier version of The Sims? Please add what you know about it; is there any documentation on data formats, existing tools, etc .. if it’s similar to one of the earlier games, maybe tools for those games will work for this as well (or can be modified when they are open source).

Sorry i wasnt aware
Field Researcher
#5 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 8:06 AM
I see this is an old thread now, but it's possible to make a lot of similar items with the TS3 game if you have some of the expansions. I made the Beach house here because I was fed up with the phone game's mechanics, and it came out alright!
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=9098924

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Test Subject
#6 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 6:59 PM
Id love someone to make clothes from TSFP to TS4, some of them are really better than those we have in the game
Test Subject
#7 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 6:09 PM Last edited by Gauntlet101010 : 20th Apr 2018 at 9:31 PM.
I've converted the Sims Freeplay's Reaper and am doing some of the haunted / spooky items ... it's annoying, tedious, and not really worth it. The Reaper worked because it covers the Sim head to toe with nothing else showing. The Sims4 really needs clothes to be mapped correctly, so I'm not sure it's possible to convert clothes easily. ESPECIALLY since ripping anything is such a pain. You see, you have to take a 3D "screenshot" using Ninja Ripper and take what you want using that. BUT the UVs (the points on the texture map) get destroyed and must be remade. Yeah. Oh, and everything's posed because of corse it is.

But if you're up for it, you need:
- the Nox Android emulator (to run Sims Freeplay)
- A Sims Freeplay save that has what you want accessible
- Ninja Ripper (to take the 3D snapshot and rip out the textures)
- Autocad 3ds Max 2011 (I think that's the right year - check the plugins contained within Ninja Ripper) to read the .rip files Ninja Ripper collects and export it to a filetype shared by Blender
- Blender (to import the 3ds Max file, fix the UVs, and to use with Sims4 Studio)
- optional: a .dds thumbnail generator to easily find the textures you want (you can search for those textures in Blender to narrow down your search)
- optional: Mesh Align Plus - a plugin for Blender that aligns and scales one object to another ... pretty useful since some objects are in two differently scaled parts when imported
- TONS of patience and time because this is tedious garbage.

I haven't finished converting any actual OBJECTS yet, but I can tell you now - they rely heavily on alpha shading to work. I'm not sure how well that'll turn out. Some of the objects are very unifacial. For instance: the skeletons look really nice when looked at from the one upper angle the Sims Freeplay allows, but if you get closer it's kinda like they're made from see-through paper containing very flat textures. When I get to the items that use a skeleton I'll probably use the Sims 4's Jungle one in a posed position.
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 8:27 AM
I've been building and playing using some of the structures from Free Play. Ill post them over the next week or so.
Test Subject
#9 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 4:37 AM Last edited by Gauntlet101010 : 6th Jun 2018 at 6:04 AM.
I'll bump this up to post a discovery I made about the UVs and Ninja Ripper.

Basically all this time I was using Ninja Ripper like an idiot. I have wasted months painstakingly remaking the UVs for meshes I ripped using NR and it was really unnecessary. I died just a little bit. Inside, you know how it is.

Anyway, use the manual setting in the Ninja Ripper importer plugin in 3Ds Max and change the last two numbers.
People UV Area - 7 8
Object UV Area - 4 5

HOWEVER, and what threw me, is that, sometimes, the UVs really DO get lost. AND those basic guidelines just aren't consistent. If those don't work I suggest putting the .rip file in question in it's own folder and going through each combo possible when you import in 3Ds Max (3 4, 4 5, 5 6, 6 7, 7 8, 8 9) - one of them probably will work. If the UVs on that .rip file are lost try putting the item on an empty lot and re-rip. Too many items on one lot can make you lose that uv.

*sigh* I wish I knew all that to start with. I redid those months of work in a week! Well, my pain is your gain.

Edit: By the way I'm converting the "Haunted" items, so please don't do them. I'll post 'em somewhere when I'm done.
Test Subject
#10 Old 20th Jun 2020 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gauntlet101010
I'll bump this up to post a discovery I made about the UVs and Ninja Ripper.

Basically all this time I was using Ninja Ripper like an idiot. I have wasted months painstakingly remaking the UVs for meshes I ripped using NR and it was really unnecessary. I died just a little bit. Inside, you know how it is.

Anyway, use the manual setting in the Ninja Ripper importer plugin in 3Ds Max and change the last two numbers.
People UV Area - 7 8
Object UV Area - 4 5

HOWEVER, and what threw me, is that, sometimes, the UVs really DO get lost. AND those basic guidelines just aren't consistent. If those don't work I suggest putting the .rip file in question in it's own folder and going through each combo possible when you import in 3Ds Max (3 4, 4 5, 5 6, 6 7, 7 8, 8 9) - one of them probably will work. If the UVs on that .rip file are lost try putting the item on an empty lot and re-rip. Too many items on one lot can make you lose that uv.

*sigh* I wish I knew all that to start with. I redid those months of work in a week! Well, my pain is your gain.

Edit: By the way I'm converting the "Haunted" items, so please don't do them. I'll post 'em somewhere when I'm done.

I've been trying to follow this tutorial but I don't know where to find the People and Object UV Area? When I run the script to import the rip file it has different options. I tested it with 3ds max and blender and they have similar options but not those. Hopefully, you can help me with my project I have the mesh and texture already, i am just trying to figure how not to do the UV map by myself every single time I rip an object.
Test Subject
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 2:56 AM Last edited by Gauntlet101010 : 23rd Jun 2020 at 3:30 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by peanutbutterjelly
I've been trying to follow this tutorial but I don't know where to find the People and Object UV Area? When I run the script to import the rip file it has different options. I tested it with 3ds max and blender and they have similar options but not those. Hopefully, you can help me with my project I have the mesh and texture already, i am just trying to figure how not to do the UV map by myself every single time I rip an object.

I'm not sure if I entirely understand the question, but the UVs tend to be MUCH larger than the area they should fit. So select everything and scale by half until you wind up with something that makes sense. Make sure to change the UV position to 0,0 after selecting so it placed them onto the middle on the area.

It should be pretty easy to tell if you have the right number combination. Incorrect positions tend to be straight lines, single points, or the projected view of the object.

I've uploaded a screenshot of what part of the plugin needs changing, if it wasn't clear.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 5:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gauntlet101010
I'm not sure if I entirely understand the question, but the UVs tend to be MUCH larger than the area they should fit. So select everything and scale by half until you wind up with something that makes sense. Make sure to change the UV position to 0,0 after selecting so it placed them onto the middle on the area.

It should be pretty easy to tell if you have the right number combination. Incorrect positions tend to be straight lines, single points, or the projected view of the object.

I've uploaded a screenshot of what part of the plugin needs changing, if it wasn't clear.

Hi, thanks! I figured out that I needed to change the values of U and V to a correct set of values so that the UV map shows. It was too late for me to realize what you meant by people and object UV area is that use U=4 V=5 for objects and U=7 and V=8 for sims I had to test different numbers for the UV to actually show up and turns out that objects that are placed on walls and chairs use different numbers than 4,5 and once I got the hang of it, I reread your tutorial and understood it better. Thanks so much again! Here is the current objects I was able to rip:

Edit: Made the screenshot smaller
Screenshots
Test Subject
#13 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by peanutbutterjelly
Hi, thanks! I figured out that I needed to change the values of U and V to a correct set of values so that the UV map shows. It was too late for me to realize what you meant by people and object UV area is that use U=4 V=5 for objects and U=7 and V=8 for sims I had to test different numbers for the UV to actually show up and turns out that objects that are placed on walls and chairs use different numbers than 4,5 and once I got the hang of it, I reread your tutorial and understood it better. Thanks so much again! Here is the current objects I was able to rip:

Edit: Made the screenshot smaller

Hi,
I'm trying to make it work with the Blender plugin but it's a big fail.
Every time I import a .rip, it only shows a dot and do this error

Can you help me?
Screenshots
Test Subject
#14 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 4:27 PM
Default i get this threat is old but
Quote: Originally posted by An_dz
The Sims Freeplay is a freemium mobile version. It's one of those mobile games that's free on the store and you can play for free but if you do some in-app purchases you become an instant god.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_FreePlay
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_FreePlay

It's not worth the time and effort to extract the models from this game, as mobile games have low quality models for desktop games.

No one has converted any of the halloween costumes from freeplay yet and i think they are good and i want them in my sims 4 game.
Test Subject
#15 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by laurene016
Hi,
I'm trying to make it work with the Blender plugin but it's a big fail.
Every time I import a .rip, it only shows a dot and do this error

Can you help me?

Hi! Did you use the plug-in that was provided with Ninja Ripper? I used 3ds to import the .rip files and only used those edited rip files to import it to blender so I haven't really experienced this problem
Test Subject
#16 Old 20th Jul 2020 at 3:42 PM Last edited by Gauntlet101010 : 20th Jul 2020 at 6:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by qwertypdeb
No one has converted any of the halloween costumes from freeplay yet and i think they are good and i want them in my sims 4 game.

Hey, feel free to if you like. As long as they aren't reliant on alpha too much then it's possible.

Super annoying to do. Basically you have to UV transfer the uv_0 data to a mesh that works. Maybe hybridize the models a touch. Of course you have to un-pose whichever model you want to use since they aren't ripped in t-pose. And the hands are stuck in that one pose too. I don't think they actually move in-game. So you have to make them work too.

Texture maps are, about, object size, compared to the Sims 4. TBH, that dosn't bother me too much. The models are simpler, however.

The texture maps are completely different compared to the Sims 4. In the Sims 4 the texture is, basically, a person facing you. In Freeplay it's the side facing you. This means that facepaint is nigh-impossible to convert. Haven't tried it myself, but it almost seems like you'd have to recreate it in Photoshop. For some costumes this is a problem.

I don't know of anyone else crazy enough to try converting Freeplay outfits. I totally get why.