Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Faster novel writing - Customizable

by gummilutt Posted 16th Jun 2015 at 7:24 PM - Updated 26th Jul 2017 at 1:33 PM by gummilutt : Fixing PB picture

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 10:44 PM
Brilliant idea, mate ^_^
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 11:17 PM
Great idea gummilutt.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 11:30 PM
I thought it seemed like it was still taking forever to write novels, now I know! Thank you so much for bringing this into an updated form. Now my sims can actually write again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 11:30 PM
I thought it seemed like it was still taking forever to write novels, now I know! Thank you so much for bringing this into an updated form. Now my sims can actually write again.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 1:58 AM
Now my would-be best-selling authors can crank those puppies out!

Thanks for this mod!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 6:07 AM
Ahhh... this is going to be so useful for my historians!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 6:38 AM
I put in the 10 hour file and my sim finished it in 7 hours.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 8:53 AM
That's strange jo. I just tested it in a clean empty game, and it takes 10 hours for my Sim. Could you test without mods, and see if your results repeat?

Thanks everyone for the comments It's always nice to know people are finding something you made useful.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#10 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 11:11 AM
My sim started close to 6.30am and finished a bit after 1.30pm no breaks. I checked and it says 10hours on the file. I wondered if you had named the 7.5 hour file 10 by mistake. I'll try tomorrow in AGS without mods though. Just adding I was checking his percentage done quite a bit as he was writing and it seems 65% is when he finished.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 1:04 PM
I wondered if I had perhaps done that too, since I can be scatter-brained, but I checked and the packages match their names in SimPE and in-game. Let me know how the AGS-test goes. Perhaps via PM?
Scholar
THANKS POST
#12 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 1:50 PM
Awesome! Thank you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#13 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 5:18 PM
This is very exciting! It's been bugging me that my author sims make so much money from writing novels but even with a mod to reduce the amount that they earn per book it was still really high. With this I can make novel writing take longer (I'm thinking maybe 25 hours per novel" so that they won't make such ridiculous amount of money - and write so many books in their lifetime. Thank you for sharing this and for the instructions on how to edit it! :-D
Scholar
THANKS POST
#14 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 3:17 AM
Thank you for providing a way for me to have more control over my Sims' novel writing!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#15 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 10:09 AM
This is a really cool idea!
Now my sims can write books again! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 10:32 PM
I wanted to thank you again it works great no more all nigh and half the day.Jim
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 4:30 AM
I tested the 10 hour file in AGS with no cc except No sim loaded and the two other Super Hug preventable fixes. My sim started his novel close to 8.30am and finished at 1.50 pm. Only 5 1/2 hours. This is the sim I tested my last two lots with so he had no skills or enthusiasm when he started the novel. He used the games laptop. Perhaps somebody else should do a test run.
I'm wondering if personality or something else might affect how long it takes. This sim is fairly serious and middling on activity level.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 10:08 AM
My test sim has 3 in playfulness and 6 in activeness, so I don't think that's it. I'll have to investigate. Thanks for checking.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 11:30 PM
cpc
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 3:54 AM
Does this mod add add the custom screen or is that another mod?
This looks great btw.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 6:01 AM
@Gecko_sis That screen is not custom, it's how novels look when you have Freetime

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#22 Old 23rd Oct 2015 at 2:09 PM
Thanks for updating this/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 18th Dec 2015 at 7:51 PM
Thank you so much for this mod! I had Squinge's in my game and always wondered why it never worked (I have UC, which allegedly runs off AL's code), and seeing this made me so happy.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 2:30 AM
Thanks for this mod, gummilutt!
I have a few Sims who write novels in their free time and they barely have had time for anything else. Your mod will hopefully fix this.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 5:14 AM
Thanks
Page 1 of 2