Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Painting Wall Holder ‒ Lean Anywhere

by plasticbox Posted 26th Jul 2015 at 10:31 PM - Updated 10th Mar 2016 at 7:06 PM by plasticbox

53 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 11:37 PM
This such an amazing idea. Free the paintings!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 12:00 AM
Another must-have download! Thank you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 1:53 AM
Cool idea! Thank you.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 2:27 AM
Brilliant!! Thank you! :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 3:43 AM
Amazing! Thank you !
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#7 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 6:13 AM
Brilliant idea , thank you for sharing
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 12:27 PM
Such a brilliant idea, thank you! I had no idea I needed this until now.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 2:41 PM
Fabulous! These are the little details that add so much to the game! This is a million times better than simply decorating a painting space with generic work. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 3:40 PM
Pbox, i think i'm in love with you. ;P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 8:08 PM
Hi Plastic Box!! I love the idea of this but I just can't seem to get it to work in my game When I try sitting the painting on the shelves I get the "Cannot Intersect Objects" message. I've tried with both MOO on and off with no joy. Is there something I am missing?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 8:11 PM
Does this happen without other CC as well? And which paintings are you trying to use there, are they sim paintings? Also, what is your game version?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 8:24 PM
Thank you for getting back to me. I've removed all my mods (apart from this one) and CC and I'm still having the same problem. I have the latest game version too
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 8:40 PM
Is this a large painting? Make sure you are using the Large holder for it, and also try pulling it away from the wall a bit. With the large one I can also get that error to show up when I pull just upwards or downwards, or when there is something on the wall blockign the space where the painting would need to go.

However when I turn on moveobjects I'm not getting any errors .. it'll just clip through everything when there is not enough space. It's rather weird that you can manage to get that kind of error at all when moveobjects is on.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
#15 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 8:52 PM
It is with all the paintings. I've tried all three holders with the correct sizes and they won't "snap" to it. With MOO enabled I won't get the message, but the paintings still won't snap to the holders.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 9:30 PM
Well, maybe someone else can help narrow it down then. I cannot reproduce it. Also, a screenshot might still be helpful.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 9:42 PM
I will definitely be using this in some of my house builds! Thanks!
Test Subject
#18 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 6:53 PM
Hello, I have the same problem like Wee Albet, the pictures just stay flat on the wall as if the holders were not even there. I tried sim painted pictures most, but tried normal pictures, too. What I noticed, "The objects act similar to a wall shelf; they can intersect with the floor and with other objects." is not working for me, I can only place the holders on top of other furnitures, if I enabled moveobjects, but when I read the discription this seems wrong.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 7:14 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 28th Jul 2015 at 7:41 PM.
Well it works for me and I don't have any mods that would affect placement overall, as far as I know. -- just tested without any other CC, works fine.

Also this is ONLY for sim painted paintings. You cannot put buyable paintings on it.

Are there perhaps “special” kinds of painted paintings that came with EPs or stuffpacks etc? This is why I ask for screeshots, by the way .. if nobody can see what you are trying to do, it's hard to tell you anything useful.

Also please post your game version. (And by that I mean the actual game version, in numbers -- not "the latest" or something like that.)

ETA: a useful test might be if you try to put the paintings in question on an easel (preferrably the E.A.S.L. easel). These have the same slot as that, so should work the same.

Also, regarding placement, I did come across one position where I couldn’t place the holder without bb.moveobjects on (see attached), I guess that’s hardly relevant in practice though. Didn’t check what was interfering exactly, the counter or the coffee machine on top of it.
Screenshots

Test Subject
#20 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 7:52 PM
Hello plasticbox, thanks for your quick answer. So for your questions.
Game Version: 1.9.83.1010 (just updated, I didn't worked with the version before, too, but I don't know the number)

The paintings are just the normal stuff you can paint from the begining of the game, but I have an replacment mod installed, that changed the actual painting coming out, when you paint. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=550916 I just tried to start the game without these mods, but it still won't work.

Here is a screenshoot, but I wasn't quite sure what would help you here, It's hard to make a screen of this problem. This is without moveobjects on, I can't even place the pictures at the holders.
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/...vkeco48_png.htm

Just found out what seems to be the problem. My sims are living on a retail lot, because they have a little store. I just went to there empty residental lot and tried there, everything fine.
So the problem seems to be the lot type. Any way you can make this work on retail lots, too? Don't think my sims will ever live on their residental lot. :D
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 8:10 PM
Thanks for getting back, and for your testing!

Honestly I don’t care about retail lots, seeing as I don’t have GtW. But I’ll put a note in the first post so hopefully others won’t run into the same issue. Since my stuff is free to re-use for those who can be bothered to post a backlink, maybe someone who has GtW will feel inclined to make a version for retail lots.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 4:57 PM
This is awesome. I don't even like Sims 4, but I may play it again just to try these out.
Test Subject
#23 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 2:05 PM
for those of you who were having trouble mounting them; I was also having trouble mounting them but placing them on the easel before trying to mount them seems to be working for me.
(also THANKS!!! this is lovely)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 3:23 PM
Yeah that can probably be helpful sometines -- the paintings love to stick against walls, like they had been glued on. Once they are off the wall I guess they will more easily go where one wants them to (when there is no easel at hand, I guess dumping them into some sim's inventory might have the same effect).

Test Subject
#25 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 7:06 PM
Hey, I'm having trouble getting the paintings to snap to the shelves. Like you said above they really seem to like sticking to the walls. My game is up to date with the latest patch: 07/28/2015 – PC Version 1.9.83.1010.

I am using the sim paintings from the easel. And I've tried placing them on the easel and in the inventory before placing the paintings on the shelves... they still will only stick to the wall. I also removed all my other cc, still no luck.

I tried all three sizes (triple check that I was using the correct one each time). I tried even with the shelf not even against a wall. I started a fresh save. I tried dragging the pictures in live mode and moving them in build/buy mode.

I took some pictures too, but that was harder than I thought, because the shelf easily gets hidden... but maybe they're helpful. (I took pics of trying with a large painting too, but idk if that's really needed with the others)

http://i.imgur.com/LXgyVaI.png?1
http://i.imgur.com/hgDHNsb.png?1

Does anyone have any other tips for getting the paintings onto the shelves? LOL I'm hoping I'm missing something obvious. Please someone tell me I was just doing it wrong.
Page 1 of 3