Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Craftables made recolourable

by plasticbox Posted 3rd Aug 2015 at 5:05 PM - Updated 16th Aug 2015 at 10:19 PM by plasticbox

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Forum Resident
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 8:55 PM Last edited by heidi137 : 3rd Aug 2015 at 9:08 PM.
I have a problem , no way to move the menu, I try to go into the family and the game returns to the menu , I have removed your mod, I attempt a repair, I do not know if this is the mod, or interaction with another mod, I do my research , I have LastExeptions Omega.py speaking of ... I hope to get my part , I cross my fingers. I 'll let you know , I freaked...

The game is corrupt , I do not know why I put your mods and one that you were advocating in your mod , I always try interesting mods and I trust , here it to off . I have LastExceptions a file, if you know understand the problem, thank you for your help , I would be providing you if you want (Sorry for English, this is not my mother tongue)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 9:20 PM
This sounds like you have a game issue, or an issue with some other mod. There is no "Omega.py" script in this.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
This sounds like you have a game issue, or an issue with some other mod. There is no "Omega.py" script in this.

Likely the mod responded with another , I removed your mods , repaired , I handed Saves a file that I keep in regular safety and all my Dropbox will now , I lose a week of growth without addition, anyway, it conflicts with something else, but what? The question is , thank you for the answer

Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\object_manager.py (here is an extract , it is stuff that LastExceptions)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 11:12 PM
Sorry but can you try using Google Translate? I don't understand anything.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 11:46 PM
Thank you. At last our crafted items can be prettier.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 12:57 AM
This is a fantastic idea. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 1:16 AM
Great idea! Thank you so much. Always love the stuff you make!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 1:55 AM
Thanks so much, recoloring makes the craft items more playable/desirable. Never understood why EA didn't allow this - they're so shortsighted about some things. Thank goodness for your talent, and the ability to see and fix needs that EA overlooks!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 6:18 AM
There is no conflict between this mod and any painting replacements. It doesn't even contain any textures at all. If you are having conflicts *between* different painting replacements that shouldn't be happening, please post where you downloaded them and not here.

Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#11 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 11:04 AM
Perfect!
Forum Resident
#12 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 11:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
There is no conflict between this mod and any painting replacements. It doesn't even contain any textures at all. If you are having conflicts *between* different painting replacements that shouldn't be happening, please post where you downloaded them and not here.

Vous avez raison, il y a un souci de durée Handling à la base, j'ai revu le LastException, il entre en conflit avec un objet painting en cache, mais ce n'est pas la peinture de remplacement, c'est compliqué un LastExecption en fait, Un autre message "During handling of the above exception occured..." Je vous laisse tranquille, le phénomène est venu suite à la pose de votre mod, j'ai résolu pour ma part le souci dans mon jeu, le reste n'est plus de mon ressort, mille excuses pour le dérangement L'utilisation des mods est à nos risques et périls, j'ai eu le péril, je pensais que c'était bien d'en parler, je me suis trompée je pense, à bientôt
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 4:14 AM
Cool, Thanks for this. It's something that should have been included in the game. If my sims make something by hand they should have several choices for the looks of the finished piece just like I do when I make something.
Test Subject
#14 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 2:47 AM
This might need more testing to make sure it is this mod but when I put it in my game, my Sim with the Mixologist aspiration crafted 2 bar stools to fulfil the "own two barstools" part but they didn't register as being in game. When I removed the mod and crafted the barstools they registered with the aspiration. Thought you should know plasticbox just in case.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 5:07 AM
Thanks – I didn’t know barstools were the subject of aspirations. I currently have no idea how aspirations work but I’ll take a look .. the additional colour variants have the same tags and flags and thingies as the originals though, so not sure if I can change that behaviour.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 7:43 AM
OK, so I looked at the object again: I think this is probably because that aspiration relies on catalogue tags that I don't have in these objects (so they aren't completely identical; I forgot about that one) since they're not supposed to show in the catalogue. If you want you can test that theory with the attached package (remove the one you already have before putting it in; it only has three colour options as well).

I'm not going to change the existing upload though if this turns out to be what makes the difference -- I really don't want the craftables to be in the catalogue and don't care about aspirations all that much. But you could add those flags in all COBJs for your own use: open package in s4pe, select a COBJ, hit "Grid", hit "Expand All", and click on the three dots next to "Tags". In the window that opens hit "Add" twice and copy+paste the two hex values that you see in the attached one (0x000000E0 and 0x000000E5). Commit, repeat for all other COBJs, save package.

I guess a better approach than that might be to change the aspiration, though .. one could probably use something other than catalogue tags for that purpose.

Thanks for the heads-up, in any case!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  barstooltest.zip (767 Bytes, 16 downloads)

Test Subject
#17 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 8:42 AM
Thanks for looking into this. The "barstooltest" file did allow the crafted barstools to kick over the aspiration want. I'm afraid your modding instructions are wasted on me but I'm sure others might make use of them. This is not something that is absolutely necessary (having the mod compatible with the aspiration) for me, I don't play the mixologist aspiration very often. I'm grateful for your work. Take care and thanks again.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 9:01 AM
Thanks for testing! =)

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 4:35 AM
Thank you for sharing all your work with us, it makes the game much more enjoyable. I just wanted to let you know that the "1 Left" in the tooltip is from Get to Work for our ownable businesses, if you have a look at any paintings or other craftables you will notice it has been added to those too.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 5:29 AM
Weird that the tooltip has been changed for the base game as well; I don't have GtW. But thanks for the info!

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 3:55 PM
This is great! Thank you!!!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 11:35 PM
Just FYI, the recolourable craftables also become unable to fulfill the whims to craft furniture, chairs, and end tables due to the same reason they don't fulfill the mixologist aspiration. Those whims test for the crafted object having one of a set of BuyCatSS and BuyCatPA flags.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 11:58 PM
Yes, see post 16 / upload description -- that is to be expected.

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 1:44 AM
Do you every plan on doing the other crafting items such as the bathroom stuff?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 31st Oct 2022 at 5:17 PM
Please consider making all craftables recolorable like the toilet or tub. Would appreicate it