Locked thread | Replies: 699 (Who?), Viewed: 26740 times. | Locked by: leefish Reason: A new random thoughts thread is available.
Page 1 of 28
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 6:12 PM Last edited by HaphazardSim : 2nd Dec 2015 at 11:36 PM.
Default TS2 Random Thoughts
Post your random thoughts...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 7:39 PM
I've been pondering a downloads exchange programs. With so many sites gone, and downloads spread out over countless different websites, wouldn't it be neat if you could borrow someone elses collection and extract the things you like? Not a good idea for things like mods and houses, but for bodyshop content it could work.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Scholar
#3 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 8:53 PM
* So many freaking downloads, my game is screeching
* I wonder if my mods are interfering with any of features of the game, I can't tell anymore
* Whoever made geneticized skin should have thought them through a little more because this sh*t does not make sense
* How did I ever play this game before I got custom clothes and hair?
* I wonder how much work the Maxis tram put into [insert feature here], there are so many flaws, for example [insert flaw here]
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 9:25 PM
Julien Cooke's last name should be Potatoes. Or Friez; but I prefer Potatoes because then he could have a daughter named Rosemary.

I will never forgive the creators of Pleasantview for not making Mary Sue the daughter of Chris and Melissa Roomies.

Veronaville needs a Benvolio.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
DELETED POST
20th Aug 2015 at 9:34 PM
This message has been deleted by wickedjr89. Reason: wrong thread
Instructor
#5 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 10:47 PM
Wish I could just pick a download that I like and get someone else to download and sort into my downloads folders....

........ my fingers hurt with all this clicking, naming folder, extracting and sorting.. Jeez it is tiring work.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 2:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSimgirl2011
Wish I could just pick a download that I like and get someone else to download and sort into my downloads folders....

........ my fingers hurt with all this clicking, naming folder, extracting and sorting.. Jeez it is tiring work.

I feel you there. I've finally decided I needed to do some organization in my Downloads folder and boy is it a ton of work. I'm on day 5 of organizing and I'm probably only halfway through all of the CC I have. I am kicking myself for not starting this way sooner.
Theorist
#7 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 2:24 AM
Having come late to cc and having seen posts like that for a couple years before I started with any, I've been organized from the get go. Even being organized is work, but a lot of the time my TS2 thoughts are "Thank God I started out properly organized! Can you imagine if I weren't?"

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Field Researcher
#8 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 4:19 AM
I'm terrible at organizing folders for my cc. I wish there was some brilliant human being out there who'd be willing to provide the service of organizing my downloads for me. I'm too lazy to do it myself :\
Mad Poster
#9 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 5:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
I will never forgive the creators of Pleasantview for not making Mary Sue the daughter of Chris and Melissa Roomies.

Now I feel sad. Opportunity missed, there!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 9:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TumaSims
Post your random thoughts...

* Clothes downloading = 1 part clothes that are appropriate for my sims / 1 part clothes I wish I owned

Sometimes I wish my Sims could wear clothes like mine. At other times I'd like to wear their clothes. And I'd like to live in a society open-minded enough to let me wear some of the clothes they wear. And a climate warm enough. . . (one of the reasons I don't have Seasons! )

. . . . .
I was just thinking yesterday that we could do with a thread like this. Something like the Stupid/Random Questions thread, but for things that aren't questions -- just random thoughts and ideas that don't really justify starting their own thread. Thanks TumaSims for creating this thread just when I thought we needed it. I think I might become a regular contributor.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Forum Resident
#11 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 12:04 PM
3 cities it began.
A warring one, the historical one and the one of the stranger men (and women)
3 more were added, on and on
a wild weather town, sporty plains and Urban flair.
then came the pets, the strange, the rain.
Fire, Snow and pirates, cuddles woohoos and puddles.
flirty teachers, food in face sleepers oh and don't forget the reaper.

and that's just the base some play.
Scholar
#12 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 5:41 PM
That the Sims can eat whatever they want without getting fat, so long as they don't overeat. And if they do it's pretty quick and easy for them to get back in shape.
I so wish it was like that in real life.
I also realize I have no idea what I would do with my life if it wasn't for The Sims. <3
Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
Original Poster
21st Aug 2015 at 5:54 PM
This message has been deleted by HaphazardSim.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 12:02 AM
That moment when you're at a boring part of a rotation and you can't bring yourself to play the game anymore

❈ "Well, you know what they say: if you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!" ❈
– Clairee Belcher, "Steel Magnolias"
Link Ninja
#14 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasparlaks
That moment when you're at a boring part of a rotation and you can't bring yourself to play the game anymore

You can always turn your boring sims into serial killers i.e. have them greet anyone new walking by and then build a dungeon to put the sim in and keep them there until they starve or are eaten by a cow plant. Then put all the urns under the foundation to create a super haunted house full of angry ghost sims. That way you have a goal for them and you can cull your sim population.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Theorist
#15 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasparlaks

I think of the occasional household like that as let-em-run households. I'll load the house and then go brush my teeth, take a shower, wash the dishes, balance my checkbook, whatever. After about half an hour (about a day and a quarter at Speed 1), I'll check back in and see if they need anything, if they've died, if I've hit the end of rotation yet, etc. Takes the boredom right out of the rotation -- and out of the chores. After all, I'm not REALLY doing chores, I'm playing the Sims.

Mad Poster
#16 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 12:52 AM
If my sims are boring, it's on me to do something to make them interesting, or turn them into townies, or kill them.

All are acceptable solutions.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#17 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 1:01 AM
Letting them run for a bit unattended it how I make them interesting, but I agree with the sentiment. It's a game, it's supposed t be fun. Plus, unlike most other games, there are no rules beyond the hardcoded impossibilities that you can't find a hack to work around. So if it's boring, change what you're doing until it's fun for you. Whether anybody else plays like you, or would think that what you're doing is fun, isn't worth a crap. If you're having fun, then you're doing it right.

#18 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 2:01 AM
It's hardest when you know something is going to happen in a couple rotations to make them interesting but you don't want to mess up the rotation because that would throw off all your /other/ households for you. Dangit, this house will be a lot more fun to play once this toddler ages up!

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Scholar
#19 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 1:30 PM
My Downloads folder must hate me
i'm always lying to it
Me: "I promise, i'm done with you now, no more, that's it"
*later- downloading more stuff because i'm weak*
Downloads folder: *Hisses at me, LIAR*

First I was addicted to hair, clothes, skins and eyes, now I have plenty of those and now...custom food.
There will always be something else
and eventually I will give in, even when i'm picky, because creators are awesome
I can hear my downloads folder hissing at me
Field Researcher
#20 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 2:17 PM
I'm trying so hard not to be a custom food addict like I was back then
It's really hard, I just got like 5 foods and then closed the page so I don't have 20 pages of food later on when I play and click the fridge.
Scholar
#21 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 2:31 PM

I knew I shouldn't have clicked that custom food thread
But I did
and now my downloads folder and in game fridges must pay for what I have done
Good luck to you!
I am, however, weak

Edit: My only saving grace is that I am a picky eater and (most) of the foods i've downloaded are stuff I would eat myself, generally, lol. Though I do have some supernatural stuff (like brains for zombies) and the goombas...I found them funny. Lol
Field Researcher
#22 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 5:02 PM
Note to self: Never have less than 3 bathrooms in a house where 8 elders live. Never.

❈ "Well, you know what they say: if you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!" ❈
– Clairee Belcher, "Steel Magnolias"
Theorist
#23 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 6:30 PM
*Some much CC out there. I don't know where to start.
I was hunting some stuff to make a post office, then I stumbled upon a firestation lot which look great and my hood need a city hall but I'm not sure the mayor can afford both. Then I wanted to download some stuff but lots of box.com links appear to not working.
And my sims need new outfits and new hairs and, and, and....
Field Researcher
#24 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 6:35 PM
I need MOAR 3t2 conversions. MOAR.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 4:09 AM
I'm getting that too with Box. Maybe it's secretly trying to break my downloading addiction.
Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: A new random thoughts thread is available.
Page 1 of 28