Locked thread | Replies: 699 (Who?), Viewed: 26733 times. | Locked by: leefish Reason: A new random thoughts thread is available.
Page 2 of 28
Scholar
#26 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 6:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
I will never forgive the creators of Pleasantview for not making Mary Sue the daughter of Chris and Melissa Roomies.

Well, that would confirm them as a couple and the Sims have always kept that stuff on the DL or in the "left to interpretation" pile.(at least, until Roaring Heights came out)
Mad Poster
#27 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 7:07 AM
Cowardice is no excuse! I do not forgive.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#29 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 1:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
I'm getting that too with Box. Maybe it's secretly trying to break my downloading addiction.

Box doesn't load! *goes berserk*
Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
Original Poster
23rd Aug 2015 at 1:41 PM
This message has been deleted by HaphazardSim.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 1:44 PM
When one of my households get really boring, I move another Sim in. (That, of course, does not help with my overpopulation tendencies). Yet a new resident (which I think of as a tenant) can spice things up. Depedning on how much I want to stir, the new resident can be anyone from a student who has just graduated to a nasty enemy to (well, why not) adopting a child Or I might make a new Sim for the single purpose of moving him/her in to have some influence on my Sims' boring lives. Sometimes that leads to building on because there is no room for new Sim. Sometimes it leads to moving the whole family somewhere else. Sometimes that leads to attaching another new business hood to the main hood. Sometimes it just leads to drama
Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
Original Poster
23rd Aug 2015 at 2:12 PM
Mad Poster
#31 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 3:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedjr89

I knew I shouldn't have clicked that custom food thread
But I did
and now my downloads folder and in game fridges must pay for what I have done
Good luck to you!
I am, however, weak

Edit: My only saving grace is that I am a picky eater and (most) of the foods i've downloaded are stuff I would eat myself, generally, lol. Though I do have some supernatural stuff (like brains for zombies) and the goombas...I found them funny. Lol

OOH, goombas, really? You wouldn't happen to have a link, would you?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Scholar
#32 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 4:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
OOH, goombas, really? You wouldn't happen to have a link, would you?

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=189954 I haven't made them yet in game
Mad Poster
#33 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 2:24 PM
Random forum thought. If you quote a post that someone has tagged you in then you get a PM saying that you mentioned yourself in a post lol.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 3:24 PM
Thanks, Wicked! I can't wait for my simmies to taste it.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 5:13 PM
Lately I have been fascinated with the idea of machinima with the Sims 2, particularly Sims 2 series. I know this is something that has been around for quite some time, but I have been doing some video exploring, and I am always amazed with what the Sims community creates and the amount of talent that resides in this community. I pay most of my attention to Sims 2 content, but I am always appreciating and admiring simmers talent and creativity from all The Sims games.
Theorist
#36 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 6:22 PM
- Some Maxis contents look cute. Must play more with it.
- So glad I found this male hair.
- After spending some time remodeling and playtesting a community lot I asked to myself: "Are you really sure you need a post office?". One of my sims rolled "win a lottery prize" and I don't know why I thought he would buy it at the post office. *head desk". Need to build a newsagent's shop.
Scholar
#37 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 9:15 PM
I get really indecisive with my cc. Like I like it sometimes, but then I also don't like it. Sometimes it doesn't look maxis-y enough so I get rid of it. But then its soooooo pretty that I need it But then there's so much cc that it takes forever for my game to start up (though that only seems to happen with UC, and not when I have most of the games installed with an even bigger cc folder?)

I play favourites.
Some sims are neglected, others are doted on. There's always that one sim in the family that I "accidentally" kill because honestly, they were just holding back the awesomeness of the rest of the family. This summer I noticed that rarely do my pregnant sims survive to have their baby. Its never my fault! I just get distracted by other members of the household and then *hahaha grim reaper sound* and crumpled dead sim by the fridge or Mr. Humble computer

Sometimes I mess with their motives, because I can. Mostly just to see what they'd do. Also I can't play without testingcheats (seriously).
I like causing chaos in my games, but sometimes its too stressful. During those times I often create the "perfect" sim. The sim that can do anything and everything. The sims that makes all other sims jelly. One day I'll try letting my sims live a day without me telling them what to do. But for now, they can only dream of such freedom
Mad Poster
#38 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 9:32 PM
I take far too many pictures.

(If a pregnant sim dies on your watch it absolutely is your fault!)

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#39 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 9:38 PM
The too many pictures, I just played the Beaker's from their start on Thursday-Monday Morning...
I took 69 photos, no lie
59 with the in-game camera and 10 with Fraps, because reasons
But but but...I...
Mad Poster
#40 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 9:52 PM
I have modded my game so much that my sims never fail. I playtested a downloaded house with 4 adults. Ran it on highest speed one week... two weeks...Boo-o-o-ring...
Then i let one sim call repairman and gardener. Gardener was so kind that worked until 2 a.m.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 9:58 PM
I should be reading a book while the game and lots load... :/
Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
Original Poster
25th Aug 2015 at 11:40 PM
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#42 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa1500
This summer I noticed that rarely do my pregnant sims survive to have their baby. Its never my fault! I just get distracted by other members of the household and then *hahaha grim reaper sound* and crumpled dead sim by the fridge or Mr. Humble computer

Sorry if this sounds mean, but that is totally your own bad playing. I've had I don't know how many pregnant sims but way over a few hundred babies in the last ten years and I only ever had one sim die, back when I was new to playing the game.

My random thought is my blacksmiths son actually looks better with a dirt overlay over his face because his skin and eye combo is somewhat creepy.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#43 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 2:18 AM
Rotations are the worst. I get really into the family I am playing, and find it very hard to stop in the middle of it and move on. The new family is not interesting, because my brain is still attached to the other story with the other household. Then when I finally return to that household that was so much fun last time, I lost that interest and find them boring too. Rotations are still worth it, because it keeps households on track, but my mind does not like it.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Theorist
#44 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 2:24 AM
I had a very interesting play session today.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 2:53 AM
I wish there were more vacation regions created, instead of the just the usual three. Would've been nice to have a Moroccan, Indian or even a City destination; a City themed destination would've been awesome! :3
Mad Poster
#47 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 6:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
(If a pregnant sim dies on your watch it absolutely is your fault!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
Sorry if this sounds mean, but that is totally your own bad playing. I've had I don't know how many pregnant sims but way over a few hundred babies in the last ten years and I only ever had one sim die, back when I was new to playing the game.

Little cruel? Pregnancy is not an easy thing for every sim or player.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 4:05 PM
@M.M.A.A. - I am pretty sure you could create one
Started a new hood. (Why? Because I finally got Sims 2 UC working absolutely perfectly on Windows 10 and a new hood is kind of celebrating). So I thought maybe I should try to improve my building skills this time around. Ended up with 2 families in 2 architectural flops - twins already - but still, having fun. Eventually I will build a dream starter house (or perhaps not). The harder I try to keep my families within their budgets (resisting motherlode is hard!) - the more my poor Sims have to resign to look after the twins because they cannot pay the nanny.(No, I do not want that mod. I like having the nanny, full stop).
Mad Poster
#49 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 4:24 PM
Not cruel at all, Charity! Noa said that her pregnant sims rarely survive and it's "never her fault" because she gets distracted by other sims. She knows she does this, she knows why it happens, she has taken no steps to correct it. In the same post she says she knows how to manipulate motives and does it often, so she doesn't even have to learn to play a pregnancy well in order to prevent this. If she chooses to play that way, fine, I have nothing to say about that - but its her choice to neither learn to manage pregnancy better nor to use cheats to keep them alive, and saying "it's not my fault" is simply false. She's the only one controlling that game.

Scholar
#50 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 6:41 PM
I sound terrible. I really do try with the pregnant sims, its just that their motive change too quickly. So even if I drag up their needs, then go control other sims in the household for a bit, I find that the pregnant sim's motives are very low again. Static motives would keep the motives from changing right? If it does then I should probably try that next time.
Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: A new random thoughts thread is available.
Page 2 of 28