Locked thread | Replies: 699 (Who?), Viewed: 26734 times. | Locked by: leefish Reason: A new random thoughts thread is available.
Page 3 of 28
Mad Poster
#51 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 6:56 PM
Are you fully patched? There's a glitch in base game that makes pregnant sims die too quickly, which was fixed with a patch.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
#52 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 7:05 PM
I've had troubles with pregnant sims as well lately. They used to be super easy for me but several babies ago suddenly got a lot harder. Not sure why, shouldn't have any mods for it. Ah well, it reflects the time period of the 'hood.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#53 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 7:11 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 26th Aug 2015 at 7:46 PM.
Stop bugging me, computer! First the screen decides to randomly not turn off when I click the button, and in addition shows random screen messages that I can't remove because they're made by the screen itself, then it uses way too much memory or no good reason, then my game crashes on a lot that usually doesn't crash. And to top it off, directly after loading the second time, I get the flashy pink everything. My stationary has never been much stable, but this is getting annoying!

At least my laptop is nice today.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 8:01 PM
Pregnant sims on their first stage of pregnancy have morning sickness what drops their motives very quickly. If they don't have it (rarely), their motives decay normally except energy. I have mod against sickness. It is named "Recover food SimSanity" from PCsims, It cures everything including morning sickness.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 8:28 PM
Simmer22, that sounds like you've got a virus, possibly something that piggybacked on a download. Better check it out.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#56 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 8:48 PM
My 2nd family in the new hood - mother just had the fifth baby. Seriously - she had morning sickness, she got damn tired at times, she did not have a nanny because they cannot afford it - she is very much alive and kicking though and I do not have mods to help except for the one where toddler gets out of the crib on his/her own (Inge?) I wanted one big family that I made myself, and now I have one! I might be wrong, but it seems to me that the pregnant mom is okay if she gets enough sleep. So sometimes the older kids simply have to play peekaboo with the toddlers. And cops and robbers with each other. Now it is rather peaceful, for the four older kids go to school, dad goes to work (and got the nanny back, finally) - and mother can sleep the whole morning.

If the game is patched and free will is on - they do go and eat, bath, sleep on their own, pregnant or not?
Mad Poster
#58 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 8:53 PM
Meh.

I think it might be a slightly faulty Windows install, since it's always been a bit moody, combined with a bit too little memory (only 4GB), too many downloads, and I might have put the screen plug in the wrong plug hole when I set up the computer this time. The main screen plughole isn't marked, so it's always guesswork which is the right one.
Scholar
#59 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 9:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
Are you fully patched? There's a glitch in base game that makes pregnant sims die too quickly, which was fixed with a patch.

Dunno, I've got UC. I do remember this happening when I only had the base game. As far as I know it fixed itself as I installed more of the games. Would UC need to be patched, or does it already have them?

@PlatinumPlumbob I am the little sibling who gets most of the blame
Mad Poster
#60 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 9:54 PM
The UC is supposed to be prepatched.

Different sims have different capacities to take care of themselves, and some houses are easier to take care of yourself in than others. When I accidentally killed Vidcund the first time I played, the layout of the house was as much to blame as my ignorance, plus Vidcund's stubbornness - he would not eat anywhere except at the table outside!

The single deadliest condition any sim can be in is the dreaded hunger/energy one-two punch. You get into the deep orange on any two or more needs and you get a vicious cycle of sims aborting an attempt to deal with one need in order to try to deal with another. If the sim can't sleep because she's hungry, and can't eat because she's sleepy, you've got a problem. I will confess to cheating energy on one of my favorite sims when the family ghost targeted her during pregnancy. (I don't maxmotive; takes all the fun out of it for me.) Generally I keep an eye on the pregnant lady constantly and deal with needs as they hit yellow. The pause button is my friend, and hardly any of my sims live alone, so it's easy enough to deal most of the time if I'm paying attention, and I generally am. Influence points and social groups also are great. Other people cook, other people clean, other people repair stuff, other people keep her amused! She can eat leftovers if she's all alone, or serve leftovers to the visiting social group she's invited over to clean her bathroom, fix the toilet, and play with the toddler. When I recently had a pregnant lady who was supposed to be keeping the pregnancy a secret, and who lived alone, she served a fish dinner right at the start, ate just what she needed, and put back leftovers. Shortly after the birth, she made a second fish dinner and did the same with that. Those two fish dinners weren't even used up by the time the baby (still secret!) aged to child.

This is getting dangerously non-random, though. Let's see:

I need more bald hairs.

That's a properly random-looking sentence, that doesn't mean anything except in the context of Sims games.

Field Researcher
#61 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 9:59 PM
I take care of any of my sims needs when they hit a slight yellow color.

I found some nice shiny hair, for once!
Test Subject
#62 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 10:27 PM
The combination of pregnant women and the unfixed exercising bike is a nightmare.
Also yasss I managed to breed alien skin into second generation for like, the first time ever.
I now have adorable second generation green babies. I feel like taken out of context that's sentence is also pretty strange.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#64 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 12:00 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 27th Aug 2015 at 12:13 AM.
Quote:
The single deadliest condition any sim can be in is the dreaded hunger/energy one-two punch. You get into the deep orange on any two or more needs and you get a vicious cycle of sims aborting an attempt to deal with one need in order to try to deal with another. If the sim can't sleep because she's hungry, and can't eat because she's sleepy, you've got a problem.

A trick for that is tell your pregnant sim to grab leftovers and put every chair and couch into inventory, not forgetting ones at the chess table or at desks or any floor of the house or outside. Must be no seating of any kind available. They will then eat standing up and cannot fall asleep until done eating the plateful. Since that would be kind of annoying to have to do, its only for a desperate situation.

@Noa1500 Make sure you have the best bed the sim can aford since this makes energy go up faster, make sure there are plenty of leftovers in the fridge so they don't have to cook, cooking is time spent while needs drop. preferably fresh food since a plateful will overfeed a sim. No instant meals. Place anything like an exercise bike into the sims inventory, allow only TV or chess. Have a bathtub for a bubble bath for both hygiene and lots of comfort, comfort can go way down from gagging or vomiting. Watch their needs and start doing something about it when they stop being green, do not wait. For really bad sims simply cycle between fridge, TV/chess. bubble bath and bed. They will stop dying. I have also never dragged a pregnant sims motives up.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#65 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 12:46 AM
GAAH! My game is acting weird. Today when I've just opened the game and entered a lot, it either crashes or everything is flashing pink (I tried the same lot several times - and I know it worked fine the last time I played, and I'm pretty certain it wasn't flashing either). However, another lot was fine in the same game session, but the neighborhood started flashing when I went back. The pink flashing sometimes comes when the game is over-using memory, but usually starts with one item and gradually spreads - and I haven't had that problem since I took out a bunch of CC a while ago.

On Monday everything was working fine, no flashing pink and no crashing, and I played for quite a while.

*sigh* I'll have to try a few other lots and see if they've got the same problem. Maybe it's just that one, if I'm lucky. It's one of those I can rebuild if I absolutely have to, and I do have copies of the most important sims. I just don't want to redo the neighborhood, because that's LOTS of work.
Mad Poster
#66 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 12:49 AM
Yeah, if other sims could stop stealing plates off my Sims' tables and let them eat the freakin' food in peace; that'd be great!

This is has been happening constantly on dates in Twikki Island, at the Twikki Beach Hotel. Quite annoying! XP
Mad Poster
#67 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 1:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by penumbra
The combination of pregnant women and the unfixed exercising bike is a nightmare.
Also yasss I managed to breed alien skin into second generation for like, the first time ever.
I now have adorable second generation green babies. I feel like taken out of context that's sentence is also pretty strange.
l

What's your secret? I've never done it.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Forum Resident
#68 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 1:35 AM
I'm having a streak of bad luck with the chance cards. Almost every house for the past 7 or so have had a demotion or got fired due to my bad choice >.<
Mad Poster
#69 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 2:17 AM Last edited by marka93 : 27th Aug 2015 at 3:15 PM.
All but 1 set of chance cards can be found:

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Forum Resident
#70 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 4:23 AM Last edited by lfria : 27th Aug 2015 at 5:56 AM.
I actually have a mod that gives each choice a 50/50 chance of being right or wrong. I like the uncertainty of what will happen. Thank you for the information though!

Edit: My husband just told me my sim kids with alien features but non-alien skin look like the Who's from Horton Hears a Who. Now I can't stop picturing that
Mad Poster
#71 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 5:26 AM
Quote:
The single deadliest condition any sim can be in is the dreaded hunger/energy one-two punch. You get into the deep orange on any two or more needs and you get a vicious cycle of sims aborting an attempt to deal with one need in order to try to deal with another. If the sim can't sleep because she's hungry, and can't eat because she's sleepy, you've got a problem.

Not dangerous to anything except my sanity, but I recently had a sim child come home from school with his fun so deep in the red that he kept stopping the fun activities I was making him do in order to complain about his fun. I really hate that. Just do what I told you and wait for a bit, ffs. XD
Mad Poster
#72 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 2:14 PM
Quote:
I will never forgive the creators of Pleasantview for not making Mary Sue the daughter of Chris and Melissa Roomies.

I'm quite tempted to make Chris and Melissa Roomies as elders in my next version of Pleasantview and set them as Mary-Sue's parents. I'd unlink the Oldies from Mary-Sue, and then probably link them as Samantha Ottomas's parents - I feel sorry for a family sim like her not having her parents around whilst she has all these kiddies! And with the Oldies and Dora around to help the Ottomai would be pretty fun, I think (having said which, I do love the Ottomai already!).
Forum Resident
#73 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 2:24 PM
My inventor sims kid will never grow up. 'Cause she's a Robot.

And how many pipes are buried beneath their homes? That's what I get I suppose for putting pipes under every SC4 Square to keep resident's gardens watered, Transferring the hood template over to Sims 2 and then digging for treasure. Burst pipes everywhere!
Scholar
#74 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 2:39 PM
I always thought burst pipes when digging for treasure was random, but if it's not completely that would explain why one time a Sim was digging for treasure and I kept filling the spot up just enough and having him dig in it again and 4 times in a row burst water pipe...so I had him move to a different spot and ta-da...treasure. I don't have my Sims dig for treasure often though, 99% of the time it's just to find a secret location map.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#75 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 2:50 PM
It is random; the same hole may dig up pipes, bones and treasure.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: A new random thoughts thread is available.
Page 3 of 28