Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Store Ice Cream Trays In The Fridge

by crazyspaniard Posted 28th Aug 2015 at 1:13 AM - Updated 6th Sep 2015 at 6:46 PM by crazyspaniard

44 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 29 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 1:34 AM
Thank you so much! Why the devs didn't do this by default is beyond me. A lot of choices they make are just weird, lol.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 1:44 AM
Like duh EAxis.. Ice Cream melts. Geeez that bugged me so bad that you couldn't put it away. Thank you for this very much needed fix
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 1:58 AM
Been waiting for a mod like this. Great Job :)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 2:03 AM
Bugged me that you couldn't put it in the Fridge and that you can't put it in the Lice Cold Freezer on retail lots.

Completely stupid of EA.......thank you and thank all modders for doing the thinking around here.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 2:41 AM
Yes thank you. Idk why they didn't allow you to do this from the beginning.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 3:14 AM
thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 3:55 AM
Thank youuuuuu!!! Im so glad you made a mod for this. EA & Maxis need to get it together..
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 4:00 AM
This makes me so happy and makes me want to open that ice cream store without having to sell individual cones like an animal
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 4:33 AM
From Graham "The carton can't be placed inside an object with an inventory, but ice cream cones and bowls can still be sold from the freezer if you'd like. It has to do with a technical limitation that currently exists where objects with inventories can only contain items that can be held and carried by a Sim. Because the Sim can't hold the carton with the toppings/garnish tray, it can't go in an object's inventory."

Not sure if this was to apply to both simply storing it in the fridge (which yes, stupid that we can't simply do that, if this mod works perfectly with such an interaction, then it's a massive fail on the developers) and trying to sell it in stores, or simply selling it in stores. But yeah, it's stupid that we were never able to store the whole tub in the fridge. Then again, it's also stupid that the tub ends up in your inventory instead of placed on a surface. And I thought DICE logic was strange.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 5:20 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I am eternally grateful for this mod. It bugged me from the beginning, when I discovered the ice cream couldn't be kept in the fridge. Ok, I get it...ice cream doesn't keep in the refrigerator section. But how many refrigerators (that are designed like EA designed them), do not have a freezer section. Very irritating, let me tell you. So, again, I thank you...you are my hero ;-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 6:05 AM
thank you so much. i had to laugh to myself when i heard you couldnt store the icecream in the fridge...i do love the kitchen stuff pack but it seemed strange
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#13 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 7:13 AM
When I read this on tumblr, I hollered thank the sim gods somebody had mercy on us! Thank you so much for this fix.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 7:53 AM
Beats me why EA didn't do this in the first place, hopefully there's a patch from EA themselves, but great minds think alike! fantastic that you came up with a mod to fix this issue. Thankyou
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 8:31 AM
Thank you for this fix, It will keep me from going nuts...wait Iam already nuts ;p
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 10:58 AM
Excellent.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 2:31 PM
Hello, this crossed my mind when my sims made ice cream but couldn't store it in the fridge. I don't know why it wasn't an option in the first place but thank you!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 2:51 PM
Oh muchas gracias, voy a probarlo porque si es interesante para que no queden afuera, gracias otra vez
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 2:54 PM
This was something that occured to me the first time I had a sim make ice cream. I even commented on such on the Sims forum. Glad to see someone has done it!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 2:48 AM
Thanks so much. It is irritating that the game charges money for the ice cream then it has to go to waste...no more waste!:-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 4:19 PM
You are a hero! It is beyond me why this wasn't included by default.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 10:17 PM
Can someone explain the correct way to install this mod? It's not working in my game. From the comments, it seems to be working for others, so I'm thinking I haven't installed it correctly. I unzipped it and placed it in a subfolder in my Mods folder. When that didn't work, I thought maybe it was the kind of mod that you don't unzip, so I saved it straight to the same subfolder. Do I have to save it directly to the Mods folder, and omit the subfolder? I like to keep my CC and mods organized by type, and usually have no problems with subfolders.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 5:01 AM
This is awesome, thank you so much! I actually think I dreamt about this mod the other night, after seeing your upload? I'm easily influenced.
Test Subject
#24 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 8:18 AM
This is not working in my game. Do I leave it in the rar file and place or what?
Test Subject
#25 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 5:28 PM
Are you taking this mod down when they put it in the patch?
Page 1 of 2