Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sunset Hair Colour - Non-Default - updated for Romantic Garden Stuff\SP6

by Jeeep200 Posted 27th Aug 2015 at 11:28 PM - Updated 12th Feb 2016 at 11:48 PM by Jeeep200

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 4:58 AM
this would look really nice for my sim . but i want to ask, do i have to download all 7 files? I already have the get to work expansion pack and all the stuff packs. thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 5:57 AM
love the colour, thanks for sharing
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 7:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NickyWest213
this would look really nice for my sim . but i want to ask, do i have to download all 7 files? I already have the get to work expansion pack and all the stuff packs. thanks!

You need to download the packages that are for the EPs, GPs and SPs that you have, if you want this colour to show up on the hairs from those games.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 3:32 PM
This is amazingly pretty! I always wanted something in between the yellow hair and the blonde/greyish hair. Perfect!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 3:33 AM
GREAT color. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 8:53 PM
very pretty color :)
Test Subject
#8 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 1:54 PM
I had a problem with the color then I was editing my existing family In cas. It kept changing my kids hair from blonde to sunset color. Is that the mod or just my game? =/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DragonLilly
I had a problem with the color then I was editing my existing family In cas. It kept changing my kids hair from blonde to sunset color. Is that the mod or just my game? =/

It is a very common problem in my game and I have had it for almost a year. I have also seen people discussing this problem in Sims 4 forums, so I do think this is a EA problem with how children genetics work.
However I have found that you can sometimes be able to get around this problem.
1. choose the colour and hairstyle you want for the child
2. choose another household member (teen or older) the child should have changed to a random hair colour now
3 choose the child again and choose the hair colour
4 choose the older family member again and see if the child is changing hair colour this time

This usually works for me but not all the time

I wish you luck
Test Subject
#10 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jeeep200
It is a very common problem in my game and I have had it for almost a year. I have also seen people discussing this problem in Sims 4 forums, so I do think this is a EA problem with how children genetics work.
However I have found that you can sometimes be able to get around this problem.
1. choose the colour and hairstyle you want for the child
2. choose another household member (teen or older) the child should have changed to a random hair colour now
3 choose the child again and choose the hair colour
4 choose the older family member again and see if the child is changing hair colour this time

This usually works for me but not all the time

I wish you luck

Okay sounds weird, I've only had the problem then I had the sunset heir color in my game, and the problem was gone again then I removed ít...
But thanks for the answer ^_^
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 19th Jan 2016 at 3:02 PM
Thanks!
I was looking a complete Sims colors like this one!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 11:03 PM
this is a nice in between color. not too blonde and not that bright red.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 11:28 PM
Please for the love of god make a file that downloads all 7 files together
Field Researcher
#14 Old 30th Sep 2016 at 9:41 PM
This is great! However, could you make teen-elder hair and child hair into separate package so I can decide what to download and use? I would love to have a no-child hair option so I can avoid the hair genetic bug from EA. :P
Test Subject
#15 Old 24th Nov 2016 at 4:13 AM
So this custom content is really important to most of my sims characters and i was just curious as two when more is coming out?
Field Researcher
#16 Old 3rd Nov 2020 at 7:21 AM
I would replace that "way too yellow" EA hair color with a default of this in a heartbeat. Is there a way to make it default?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 5th Mar 2022 at 7:16 PM
I know it is a long shot, but if anyone knows of a similar color for the newer packs please let me know! I have strawberry blonde hair and representation matters! I would love to have more hairstyles to choose from. I tried learning to make my own, but that didn't turn out... It is a shame this fabulous creator was not able to add anymore, as I love this color.

So incase the Creator reads this, Thank you for this!