Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 1:01 PM
A) Create a new link based on the "New Posts" link that shows only the new posts in the download forums
d) Sort them by last posted date time

Or how about thread creation time? That's how I've always gone back in too look for the new stuff. but as I'm typing this, the lightbulb came on...with not being able to "wow" "goodjob" last post ime will work! And snow, since I see you at the top, Great job an the sleigh stuff!
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#52 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 1:11 PM
Try looking at the "Latest Downloads" on the front page. That does exactly what A) is.

The group by forum in the "New Posts" screen was something I need to re-add as it was in the previous vBulletin version as a hack.

Downloads are sorted by thread creation, not by last post.
Test Subject
#53 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 1:57 PM
Thanks!!!!!
Love it, love it LOVE IT. Thanks for all the work you do guys :bump:
Test Subject
#54 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 2:43 PM Last edited by Helper Monkey : 14th Apr 2005 at 2:47 PM.
Only minor problem I have with the new layout is that a few of the original download pages no longer include pictures next to the thread topic... instead they act like a generic forum. Most likely a temporary occurence?

Otherwise, it looks good
Test Subject
#55 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 3:59 PM
Thank you for the wonderful reorganization. It's dangerous to my hard drive, because I can find so much more wonderful simstuff to download.

Lorraine (aka download junkie)
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#56 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 5:45 PM
Helper Monkey

Some people didn't use the attachment system to include pics of thier downloads. That means that they aren't stored on our server, so we can't provide thumbnails of them.

Not much we can do about it though.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 6:13 PM
Everything is loading much faster now, and I really love the thumbnails for all downloads...it's a big timesaver!
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 6:53 PM
I am as always grateful for all the work you do here

The new system isn't better for me, but it's probably better for a lot of people. I visit very often and now I have to check many many forums for new threads instead of one, as I used to. That I can live with though

But there is something else that bothers me. If I understand this new system correctly, threads will no longer be bumped to the first page when someone posts in them or when the post starter edits the first post. That I think is a big problem since the objects in many threads are updated over and over again. It'll be really difficult to locate all updated objects unless the threads are bumped. In the long run there will simply be too many pages to check. I don't know if there is some way to make this easier, but I hope so
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#59 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 7:04 PM
Lyran:

You might be interested in checking out the new link on the front page then - right next to "Latest Downloads"

It's essentially a customised version of the "New Posts" screen, but *only* for the download forums.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 7:23 PM
I should have understood that you already had solved this Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 8:24 PM
Ok, something here doesn't seem right, you have 2 sections, 1 called "genetics, new body meshes" and ! called "new clothing meshes" I would disagree with having the meshes like Fairygurls in the genetics catagory, even though they are complete meshes they work like clothing, so would think they would go in clothing. The things that would seem to me to fit in the genetics catagory would be things like Duddly's larger chest mesh, that are default replacements and don't work like clothes. Right now fairygurls meshes are the only ones in the genetics while everyone elses is in the clothing meshes- confusing to say the least!, Also want to mention that a lot of aardvarkam's meshes seemed to have disappeared in the reorganisation
#62 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 9:59 PM
I would just like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for this site. I'm downloading like a fiend and hoping I'll be able to use most of the goodies I've downloaded.
I spect some of the problems getting files might be related to this upgrade, though sometimes it's hard to tell, as Comcast has had some denial of service attacks and finding web pages has been intermiddant (sp?) for the past three days, but whatever isn't their fault is prolly due to this. And I know what a load of work it is.
Anyway, please pass on my thanks for everyone's hard work. And let 'em know this simmer is eternally grateful and also to the people making the goodies.
:D
#63 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 4:33 AM
Love the "Do-over"!
Hey!! Just thought I'd send a huge shout out to all the Greats! who worked on the reorganization. It's beautiful. It's so seemless that I didn't even notice it until I started browsing around the forums and it dawned on me that I was finding threads so much easier than before. The organization makes so much more sense; and the pages seem to load a lot faster.
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
Original Poster
#64 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 6:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bagracer
Ok, something here doesn't seem right, you have 2 sections, 1 called "genetics, new body meshes" and ! called "new clothing meshes"

You're right about how these should be divided. The body types that work as clothing should be in clothing. The body types that work as default replacements should be in body meshes. This is our error in moving stuff.

Quote:
Also want to mention that a lot of aardvarkam's meshes seemed to have disappeared in the reorganisation
If you look way down at the bottom of the beta forums list, you'll see there are still some things in the Archives of the old forums. Meshes and Sims are all that's left I think... we're still working on moving them. Nothing was lost.

RG

You can't use a bulldozer to study orchids.
Test Subject
#65 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 1:26 PM
This new layout makes it a lot easier to find the downloads. Great work guys!

Visit My Blog - www.chalkleysdomain.mywebhut.com Now 98% Fat-Free
Forum Resident
#66 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 7:43 PM
I'm sick of all the changes.....now I know I'm really really old.....
Test Subject
#67 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 3:02 AM
A great site! Now even better. Your Mods in the Sky...safely. ahh

Raveun2thejoyfantastic thats if your into the superfragilastsuperdova sensation.
Test Subject
#68 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 5:26 AM Last edited by StephKat716 : 16th Apr 2005 at 5:27 AM. Reason: can't type :D
The downloads section looks amazing. Very easy to navigate through. Great job.

I have a question though. Is it possible that a thread got lost in all the moving? I was looking at the new link in my profile and there should be two sims there that were accepted for download, but only one shows. I checked the archive and she's not in there either.

So, uh, is it possible that she's been lost in the exchange?

---still great work though. :D
Original Poster
#69 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 7:40 PM
StephKat,

There were 2 sims that I had misplaced and not corrected yet, and yours was one of them. The sims is Karina Spectra, right? She's been moved to the right place now, along with the other sim that was accidentally hidden, simshady's Shellie.
Test Subject
#70 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 4:09 AM
Yup! That would be her! Thank you very much. I thought she was hiding on me. Or I was going crazy. Either is possible.

:D
Original Poster
#71 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 4:34 AM
Ah good, I'm glad you saw this. I was going to send you a PM if you didn't reply. She was hidden. I clicked the wrong thing and sent her off into the void where she was still there but no one could see here.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#72 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 10:43 AM
A couple of items of mine have hacked BHAVs but got put into the regular download section. Doesn't worry me particularly, they're pretty well tested by now, but in order to follow the rules:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=47367 and
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=51438
should likely be in the "Hacked Objects" forum rather than the "New meshes" forum.

Thanks for the rearrange, everything makes a lot more sense now!
Test Subject
#73 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 5:58 PM
Thank you so much. No longer do we need to weed through everything so that we can spend more time playing and creating
Instructor
#74 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 1:36 AM Last edited by anonymous : 18th Apr 2005 at 1:39 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by themaltesebippy
Now if there was only a filter to block out the "which folder does this go in?" and "can you make this a .zip?" questions, that would be heaven. lol

I agree with that...and delphy said its already been done...but then...

Quote: Originally posted by kassarc16
Can anyone point me to a program for .rar that works pretty much like WinZip? WinRAR has the annoying "Trial Expired" popup, PLUS it always wants to uncompress into the same folder it's in, where WinZIP keeps the last directory used.

I know Delphy said its been changed so they cant put it in the original post but I mean if theres a really good thing that you wanna dl and you're searching through the posts (btw is that search within thread thing actually working now?), theres always half a dozen people who ask for zip files or ask where it goes and those take up space. There should be a way to ignore all posts with those words instead of just ignoring the user. If its not possible to do that, I guess I'm going to be ignoring like half the site users

WickedNoukFamily -- free sims2 sites with hundreds of creations for you to fill your downloads folder with! Some sites offer sims3 content too! :D

Pay Stuff for Free -- Visit Me at My Website: Wicked Sims (sims2 & sims3)
Test Subject
#75 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RGiles
Ah good, I'm glad you saw this. I was going to send you a PM if you didn't reply. She was hidden. I clicked the wrong thing and sent her off into the void where she was still there but no one could see here.

Yea. I almost didn't see it. I have these moments where I get really uhhh ditzy. So thanks for fixing it. I always knew there was a reason I didn't like hide and seek when I was little. It confuses me. :D

The rearrange looks awesome.
Page 3 of 4