Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CAS new look!

by Windaira Posted 15th Apr 2005 at 7:06 PM - Updated 15th Apr 2005 at 8:08 PM by Windaira

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 7:15 PM
this is really cool windaira! thank you for sharing :D
Scholar
#3 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 7:23 PM
Is this supposed to be a download?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rythela
Is this supposed to be a download?

Let's see... listed under DOWNLOADS directory... looks to be yes there Ry

If you think you're a d/l whore,that must make me the madam... Don't forget, it's cash upfront or out on your a** you go!

If I've made a download you like, use the "Thank You" button!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 7:24 PM
No, I edited my 1st post to explain how to get the CAS file into the game.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 7:38 PM
do you have those objects and walls etc in your zip file because if you do not and people who download it do not it will not look the same as you have made it..

It looks really great you did a great job....
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 7:40 PM Last edited by veronasky : 15th Apr 2005 at 7:44 PM.
this looks great! just wondering though, do you need the walls from 8ds to make this work? i've downloaded cas screens in the past that wouldnt work unless i had the objects and walls that were used in them.
i dont have an account with 8ds (all that adult stuff :/ )
so i might not be able to download this unfortunitly. still, nice download!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 7:40 PM
Thanks for telling me that Care, I didn't know that. Let me look, see to make sure nothing is donations perhaps I should find out who this stuff belongs too and then ask them if this is ok... I would hate to mess this up Sorry
Test Subject
#9 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 7:53 PM
Really good
#10 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 7:58 PM
Cool, hopefully my mirror will work now. For some reason my mirror has never worked. It's kinda irritating. :confused:
Test Subject
#11 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 7:57 PM
Wonderful. So pretty and sophisticated looking. ^_^ I love it. Glad you put it up for downloadability..... (Note: I am fully aware that wasn't a word). It all looks so nice, flawless and, I repeat, sophisticated....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 8:10 PM
Ok, I have a list of the creators of the items I have in the CAS file. I don't really want to add the files and perhaps violate their fileshare rules (if they have any). Again, sorry about that, I didn't realize it, and should have that these items would be needed.
Inventor
#13 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 1:08 AM
Does look nice, very simple and minamalist and yet dramatic in colours.
Scholar
#14 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mznikkisimz
Let's see... listed under DOWNLOADS directory... looks to be yes there Ry

One, I was asking because usually it would not be in the New Neighborhoor & CAS Screens if it isn't for downloads.

Windaira, I was just wondering. That's all. ^.^
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 8:55 PM
I Really like it! Its more intresting and fun to look at. YAY Winiara
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 6:27 AM
is this ep?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 4:22 PM
Very nice // i am bored of the original CAS // I will remplace by yours (I Hope, it's EP ready) //thx you
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 5:04 PM
:confused: mmmh... I think sommething miss in your CAS! // Look at the screenshot
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simfred2
:confused: mmmh... I think sommething miss in your CAS! // Look at the screenshot

As I said in the 1st thread... I didn't realize it till it was already uploaded, but you have to have the objects from the sites I thanked... I can't add them to the file cause I think 1 or 2 things are donation files. I don't want to break any sharefiling rules. If you rather, you can download the bedroom one I uploaded, it's all Maxis items, nothing in it is player made. You can get that here: http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=56877

I am sorry for the confusion
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 1:41 AM
This messed my University Create Students thing up please fix and recheck files other than that i liked it
Test Subject
#21 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 9:29 AM
The Windkeeper rug is from The Sims Resource site.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Windaira
I got tired of the boring look so created one that I would like. After looking around, I decided to share what I did. I hope you all like it. If so, then I may create more and share them! This was fun!

Instructions on installing CAS screens:
**Open up the "My Computer" icon on your desktop and go to:
C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\GlobalLots\ ( and
C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2 University\TSData\Res\GlobalLots\ if you have University )
**Rename both the files in those directories called CAS!.package, to something, for example: CAS!_Original.package
**Now open up the download, and copy the downloaded CAS file to that directory.
**Run The Sims 2, and go to "Create a sim" mode, and you should now see the modified screen.

EDITED:

Thanks to these people for the items that made this possible:

Walls: 8DS, Sim Gedoehns and Well Dressed Sims
Rugs: WindKeeper (sorry don't remember the site)
Plants: TSR (creator: Nanshi) and MangoSims
Closet: VitaSims

You need to go to these sites get their items if you want to use this CAS. I am sorry I didn't realise that this was needed when creating the CAS file. I will remember that when I do the next one.

:argh: :weep: WHAT?!??!?!?! Where do I extract the file to? I rename the file? Please help, I'm a moron!!!

Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
(())
//\\
Test Subject
#23 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 1:31 PM
that is very adorable. WOW. great job
Test Subject
#24 Old 23rd Apr 2005 at 8:20 PM
this is cool, but how do you make one?
Test Subject
#25 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 2:22 PM
Thanks very much i am lovin it!
Page 1 of 2