Replies: 9760 (Who?), Viewed: 386898 times.
Page 391 of 391
Link Ninja
#9751 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 4:04 PM
If my sim eats mac n' cheese when I am hungry then I want mac n cheese.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#9752 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 10:32 PM Last edited by HarVee : 8th Jul 2020 at 11:00 PM.
I'd love to find more songs with this sound. It sounds like something that belongs in TS2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDpkeCMA5qI

♫Let's get retarded in here. Ooohhooo. Fo' shizzie. Yeehaw.♫
Theorist
#9753 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 12:27 AM
That reminds me about these fan trailers. Simsi45 converted some TS2 stuff packs to TS4 and they remixed TS2 songs for their trailers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlHTUfIt9ag
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb4BIesUbZI
Mad Poster
#9754 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 12:35 AM
Those sound good. Wonder if Simsi45 still has the music files.

I wonder if I should start a thread for songs that remind you of TS2 and/or sound like they belong in TS2.

Theorist
#9755 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 1:19 AM
They're very active here under the same name @simsi45

That sounds like it'd be a fun thread.
Mad Poster
#9756 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 2:59 AM
Well, the thread has been created. Post your songs. :D

https://modthesims.info/showthread....46&goto=newpost

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9757 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 9:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
Usually, yes, I am a bit more disciplined than that, but for the past couple of years I've alternated between being unable to sleep at all and crashing without notice. If you're crashing you can't write coherently! So, since all my pictures are taken with the storytelling album, I don't shut down the household without adding all the pictures I've taken (except the obviously terrible ones, where a passing townie blocked the shot at the last moment etc.) into the album. I can then use the wonderfully handy Sims 2 Storyteller utility, which allows editing of the album without opening the game, to write up the session next day during an alert period. Any pictures I decide I don't need I can skip over and delete next time I'm in the game. If the game is one I'm documenting on tumblr or otherwise want to share, I can copy/paste text from the album with the utility.
I too use the Sims 2 Storytelling utility, but in the past I've had problems in that, if I edited the story In the utility, sometimes I then couldn't open it in the game. I think this is due to me being a pedant, and insisting on using the proper Simoleon symbol (§) rather than the Dollar symbol ($). The Simoleon symbol requires 2 bytes to hold it (I think it's Unicode) and the Storytelling utility doesn't seem to handle it in the same way as the game. Whatever the reason, I've sometimes lost my storytelling XML files after editing them with the utility. The game creates a new empty XML file instead of using the edited one. I've been able to retrieve the situation using backups, but rather than risk losing it again, I do all my editing in game. I only use the utility to look at my albums, and to copy the story from if I'm posting it online. And I do wish there was a spell-checker in the in-game storytelling feature -- I make ghastly typos all the time!

Of course I could avoid the problem by just using the Dollar sign like lots of other people do. But I am too much of a pedant. The Dollar and the Simoleon are not the same; they're different currencies! Sometimes I think I might have picked up my pedantry from Andrew and Julian, but more likely they got theirs from me!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#9758 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 1:25 PM
I keep my photos the same way I do in RL. Put them in a folder and then try and remember what they were years later when I'm having a cleanout. XD
Mad Poster
#9759 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 3:07 PM
There's a running gag/easter egg about long load screens in all my neighborhoods.

It's of a hood deco taxi that's stuck on a dirt road.

Field Researcher
#9760 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 3:52 PM Last edited by Prince Avalanche : 9th Jul 2020 at 4:19 PM.
I play the Simlogical Prep school like it is a school for special kids and teens in my game.

Prince Avalanche
Lab Assistant
#9761 Old Yesterday at 2:59 AM
The mod to allow skilling on community lots is awesome, not only for the obvious reason but also because if you put instruments on a community lot, eventually your townies will get skilled enough that they don't sound godawful playing them.
Page 391 of 391