Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 5:45 PM
Build all the women you want in CAS, then turn half of them into guys.

Solicit donations from other people.

Hunt for sims online. Ditto houses. There's lots of both available for upload.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Banned
#52 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 6:04 PM
Oh my last post on here? My wifi dongle works now! Yay!
Also, full neighborhood modding looks to be in the consideration progress. Stuff like INSERT UNSERNAME does to his 1984-esque world. Yet I'm thinking 1890s neighborhood.
Ouch, this is going to be hard.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 6:16 PM
Lost all of my CC for Sims 2 and had to restart all my neighborhoods because I had a few items that couldn't be deleted without the game imploding. Time to plan out a new neighborhood idea. .-.
Anyways as a side note, redownloading CC for Sims 2 made me wish CAS had the same option for recolors and Sims 4 where the different colors of the same clothes item stack. I have to decide if it's worth it downloading the recolors of the same object when it will take me forever to scroll through all of the pages.
Theorist
#54 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 6:50 PM
Random thought: I think Sims 2 is the greatest PC game ever made (with the exception of Sims 4 I've played every iteration) and the best of the Sims. However, that doesn't mean someone else can't feel the same way about Sim 3, Sims 4 or even Sims 1.

We all like what we like and should be able to express that without issue.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 7:49 PM
"Wow, Belladonna Cove's Flythrough video looks so much smoother compared to the BG hoods..."
"Why do all the pretty houses have to be all-EP-and-SP only or pumped full of CC?"
"I'll never forgive myself for not taking up on the UC deal." (I didn't know about the I-LOVE-THE-SIMS code until it was too late.)
"Oh, so 8.1 can't render high-quality indoor sim shadows, but 8 can? WTF?"

-sbugg
(If you're curious on how to pronounce my screen name, I pronounce it "ess-bug".)
Obsessed with the lives of virtual people who run to scream at fires since 2012.
Mad Poster
#56 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sbugg
"I'll never forgive myself for not taking up on the UC deal." (I didn't know about the I-LOVE-THE-SIMS code until it was too late.)

Apparently they still give it out, as long as you whine at the tech support people enough...

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Apparently they still give it out, as long as you whine at the tech support people enough...

...true, but for some reason I don't feel right doing that. I don't really know why.

-sbugg
(If you're curious on how to pronounce my screen name, I pronounce it "ess-bug".)
Obsessed with the lives of virtual people who run to scream at fires since 2012.
Theorist
#58 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Hm...Let's see...I started with Deluxe, University, Seasons, Pets, and AL. I added Freetime by itself and didn't notice greeting kisses although I always have lots of good chemistry going on in Drama Acres. I added OFB, BV, and M&G all at once; but Andrew has OFB and he doesn't get them; but Macs don't have BV and you got them, so - argh, I'm so confused!

Actually, Peni, you've just solved the puzzle. Macs DO have BV -- it's the very last EP that was ported over. Therefore, it must be BV that causes those particular types of kisses. Teamwork -- yay!

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Mad Poster
#59 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 10:13 PM
An argument is not a fight, and I certainly don't have anything about people having different preferences. In my hood lightning has struck with proper might and it looks like half of the townies have turned into coal. (Looks funny, every second Sim turning up at the bar a lightning victim ) No deaths, fortunately.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 12:13 AM
All the mods and cc I put in Widespot Only Folder are the same as in Megahood Folder. Except I left out a ton of clothes, furniture, etc. But there is nothing in WO that isn't in MH. So why does the love bed (from Apartment Life) in WO have blue bedding only, instead of the normal three colors, while in MH it has the normal three? So far as I know I don't have anything that touches that bedding in any way, shape, or form, and the few custom beddings in WO are all in MH, plus a bunch more.

Custom Content is weird. I'm not trying to fix this: that would require more motivation than I have for one item that maybe two sims, at most, would use. But why would it happen at all?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 2:31 AM
"Cedar Hollow now has a bowling alley! Even if it does look like a big ol' box!" I am not the best builder, but oh well. I wanted a bowling alley, so I built one!
And,
"Am I ready to have Ana turn on Servo? Wait, no. Everything has to be *perfect*!" I don't think I've ever put this much thought into setting up a hood before I officially "begin" my primary family's story (which begins with Ana activating Servo).

-sbugg
Scholar
#64 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 2:34 AM
My random thoughts
"Should I put the Polgannon murderer to death or just life imprisonment?"
" I think I should build orphanages in all my hoods. Give all those townie kids and teens a chance to grow up"
" I wish I could play more but I need to work on this [expletive] paper
Forum Resident
#65 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 5:26 AM
The Mann family tree in my Widespot is now worse-tangled than the Curious/Smith one. Just...don't ask.
Theorist
#66 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 10:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sbugg
"Oh, so 8.1 can't render high-quality indoor sim shadows, but 8 can? WTF?"

Really? I was advised to get W8.1 instead of 7. I finally get used to no shadows under sims but I'm envious to those who get them.

I wish I could play more but I need to clean my flat.
I'm thinking about starting a new hood. I'm still debating.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#67 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 10:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ather
And I surely wouldn't want to see Andrew's remake of TumaSims' thread get deleted because a couple of folks got a little too passionate about the whole TS2 vs. TS3 debate.
I solemnly promise that I won't delete the thread no matter what y'all post in it!

If you insult my Sims, they may very well come out of the game, come out of my computer, and come and poke you. And I must warn you that some of them have lots of Body points and a very short fuse. But that's up to them. For my part, you can post whatever you like in this thread, and I won't delete it!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#68 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 11:35 AM
Oh my goodness I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was derailing the thread like this.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Scholar
#69 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 2:49 PM
ahhh.....so if I don't invite 20 sims to a wedding, plus the 10 that already live on the lot, plus the 3 sim the teens brought home from school my game won't crash! yah!

hmmm which hood shall I play next....Tubman Dunes or Empteton. There's Aaron and Katrina's wedding in Empteton or Romana's endless cheating on Mr. Big??? Endless cheating of course-- wait they have triplets. Screw it I'll just delete some CC instead.

Check out my simblr https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tbssimblr

Click the link, you know you want to. ;)
Forum Resident
#70 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 7:23 PM
My computer stopped working and I'm praying to the plumbbob that it can be fixed with everything on it intact. My dear sims is one of the things I'm most worried about. I mean, of course I made backups in case the game would crash - on the computer. It never occured to me that the computer itself would crash. Silly, silly Kligma. Worst case scenario, I still have the files I started with this time around, so the families themselves still exist in a safe place, but then there's the progress I've made this time around, and the three sims that were born on the damaged computer. Ah, hang in there, my darlings. Hang in there.

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#71 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 7:41 PM
I feel your pain Kligma. I've been there, and I was devastated. It's very upsetting, even if non-simmers might find that weird. I got mine back and I sincerely hope you do too

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Forum Resident
#72 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 8:21 PM
Thank you, gummilutt! Yeah, one really does come to care a lot about the Little rascals ^^

I am Error.
Forum Resident
#73 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 8:55 PM
So my Pleasantview-Strangetown combo hood has kept my interest 5 days. 5 DAYS. This is sadly a record for me because I never finish anyth

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 9:50 PM
I understand Kilgma's pain, too. My old hard drive died, and while it was dying, I was most panicked about losing my Sims. That, and I was disappointed that my 'drive chose to die right at the start of Thanksgiving break. I did retrieve my Sims, though.

-sbugg
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#75 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 11:57 AM
I see someone disagrees with my post above (#67) where I promised never to delete this thread.

What's that "Disagree" supposed to mean? That they don't believe my promise? Or that they hate the thread so much that they think I ought to delete it?

Well, Ms/Mr Disagreeable, I'm sorry. I'm NOT going to delete the thread. And you disagreeing with me isn't going to change my mind!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Page 3 of 509