Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Default townie pool replacement (with subhood version)

by Queen of France Posted 6th Jan 2016 at 11:10 PM - Updated 22nd Dec 2022 at 10:40 PM by Queen of France : Link to expansion.

41 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 1:10 AM
I love this, I've never seen anything like it before and the sims themselves are outstanding and unique. I'm favouriting this so I can download it the next time I start a new hood.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 3:59 AM
This is a fantastic idea! You've included a great variety of Sims, too. Plus, mission accomplished, as making one of these sets looks very interesting.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 4:01 AM
This looks amazing! After 10 years of not doing anything to the standard townie pool that shipped with my game, I have decided that enough is enough.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 3:51 PM
Wow! I literally was up all night last night thinking about I wanted to do a project similar to this! Great minds think alike, am I right?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plyplay665
Wow! I literally was up all night last night thinking about I wanted to do a project similar to this! Great minds think alike, am I right?

I hope to see yours soon! There's never enough custom townies. :D
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 8:01 PM
Love the sims! Went to your Tumblr and I was able to grab some new sims from the MediaFire but the Box files (the newer sims) aren't downloading at all.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zoltan3
Love the sims! Went to your Tumblr and I was able to grab some new sims from the MediaFire but the Box files (the newer sims) aren't downloading at all.

Thank you, I'm glad you like them!
Yeah, box.com has been really wonky lately. Let me know which sims you're interested in, and I'll reupload them to SimFileShare!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 2:50 PM
Thanks! Possibly: Bigayan, Amelia, Mindy, Leokadia ?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 4:17 PM
Wow, that's a lot of variety, thank you for providing!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zoltan3
Thanks! Possibly: Bigayan, Amelia, Mindy, Leokadia ?

Uploaded them to this folder .
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 5:18 PM
WOW! Sims I actually would want my custom sims to hook up with. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 6:32 PM
These are great sims - I especially adore the maxis only ones!!! Is there any way you could upload these so I could download them individually? I would love these as playable Sims!!! Great job!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hpeterson967
These are great sims - I especially adore the maxis only ones!!! Is there any way you could upload these so I could download them individually? I would love these as playable Sims!!! Great job!

I can't promise I will reupload all of them, but some of the sims on my tumblr already come with a no-cc version, and if you have SimPE, you can extract individual sims from the main hood version; you can also use Inge's teleporter, linked in the download description, to move townies in to make them playable!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 9:13 AM
A very good idea. I used to make my own townies for the custom hoods but it always took too much time. And in the end I stopped making custom hoods. Now I want to make my own default replacement townies, thank you for linking the tutorial!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 10:37 PM
This is really awesome! I look forward to future versions that include more age states. Would it be possible to create a version for stray/townie pets as well?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Carved Crayon Rose
This is really awesome! I look forward to future versions that include more age states. Would it be possible to create a version for stray/townie pets as well?

It is, since strays come from a Maxis template as well! The tutorial linked in the download description actually goes through the process of adding the strays later on.
just a girl
THANKS POST
#18 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 9:59 AM
I like the idea and I like the sims. Glasses, makeup, facial hair and different fitness states are really a selling point for me. The game doen't generate those on new sims (as far as I know), so it's never enough to have just replacements for face templates. Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 10:27 PM
Got to thinking this would be a great tool for an apocalyptic hood, especially if you are trying to run Phae's challenge . Thanks for sharing!
Instructor
#20 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 4:24 PM
If you could do something about the Apartment Life tenant pool. If I only have one sim in an apartment, all the others are filled with the scuzziest townies, most of them are elderly, and they are often on the Criminal career track. If you could shake it up more, that would be awesome :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jasperville
If you could do something about the Apartment Life tenant pool. If I only have one sim in an apartment, all the others are filled with the scuzziest townies, most of them are elderly, and they are often on the Criminal career track. If you could shake it up more, that would be awesome :D

I can't promise anything, since that's a LOT of sims, and it takes me a long time to make a sim i like (this townie pool is a good 80% of all sims I made in the last 5 years!); and I never use the social group sims myself. I personally use a clean template for Apartment Life, and Cyjon's Townie Apartment Residents hack. http://cyjon.net/node/220 With it in, you'll never see social group townies in your new hoods, as they'd be generated only when needed!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#22 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 9:06 PM
Gonna try this out soon! Thanks for all your hard work!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 11:09 PM
I can't wait to start using this !!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#24 Old 4th Feb 2016 at 2:56 PM
Oh the possibilities! Historical townie pools for my regency/victorian hoods, shabby looking townies for my Apoc hood.
Well done!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 4th Feb 2016 at 3:09 PM
I love this! I do have a small question, would it be possible for you to upload individuals of these sims for play with? The gothic girl with the black lipstick and bob is my favorite.
Page 1 of 2