Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Obsolete: Normal Eating (1.14 Spicy Food Fix)

by plasticbox Posted 8th Jan 2016 at 9:09 PM - Updated 9th Feb 2016 at 3:32 AM by plasticbox

100 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 89 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 9:12 PM
My sims thank you for this fix
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 9:29 PM
Thanks so much!! :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 9:46 PM
Thank you
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 9:48 PM
Thank goodness for the Sims Community and fantastic modders like you, pbox! We've all come to rely on you to fix things for EA. Thank you for this speedy fix.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 9:52 PM
You star :)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 9:54 PM
thank you so much, my sims were making those silly animations on every bite
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 10:24 PM
Truth be told, it did entertain me while I played a bit last night.
I will return to this when I tire of the animations.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#9 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 10:27 PM
Thank you so much. Seriously. I haven't patched yet - but I've seen the pictures. OMG. Hot yogurt?! This will be great till EA rolls out a fix.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 10:35 PM
Thank you!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 11:10 PM
Thanks so much!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 11:32 PM
That reaction sounds like RL me. LOL. Wow, I can tell I'm playing less than usual, yow. I didn't know about this, lol. Simself can be realistic to me. For now. Hopefully they'll patch THIS away otherwise I'll probably want to come back for this later.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 11:34 PM
They're aware of it and will patch it (said someone on Twitter), but obviously getting a proper patch shipped takes *much* longer than posting a mod.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 11:40 PM
😘
Scholar
THANKS POST
#15 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 12:09 AM
Thank you! Not game breaking, but this was getting annoying. I wonder if this is some trick Maxis was playing on us. It is not April 1.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 12:33 AM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSS! Thank you. The Burning Mouth Even Though Eating Cold Salad animation got really old, really fast.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 1:21 AM
Thank you, Thank you. I wondered what was happening to my sims last night as no matter what they were eating it was 'hot'. I actually made them all eat ice cream after dinner so they wouldn't get heartburn.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 1:37 AM
I didn't really notice this issue when I was playing with the new patch (in all honesty I don't really watch my sims eat, especially if I have other things going to keep me entertained while they mill about), but it was kind of funny when I did see it happen when my sim was eating yogurt. Even funnier when reading the line of code that's linked to this. Maybe who ever was working on that bit had spicy food on the brain ... or in the mouth at the time of input XD
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 2:01 AM
Thank you so much. I'll be sure to test it out when I play next but I'm just glad to have this right now.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 2:24 AM
Into the breach again, I see. Thank you.
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#21 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 3:11 AM
Hey, hey. Marvelous. The community owes you one big, burning hot Vindaloo curry for this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 4:02 AM
Thank you. This was driving me mental.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 5:44 AM
I didn't know this was happening until I saw this mod posted because I don't watch them eat. Decided to watch this time to see what this mod is preventing and WTF, the Sim made that stupid 'hot hot' gesture over frickin Monte Crisco Sandwich and a garden salad so I came to get this.....As always thanks to the modders for correcting the developer's obvious need to screw with us.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#24 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 6:25 AM
I noticed the "spicy" reaction group, my sims are small eaters, they rarely eat, I did not know it was a defect in the long run it would eventually annoy me, thank you for your quick response on this issue
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 7:36 AM
My hero!
Page 1 of 5