Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 9:58 AM
Default Realistic mods you wish existed
I'm not sure if this has been made yet (the thread or the mod), but I'm curious; what would realistic mods would you like to see being made?
I would like to be able to see if there was ever a chore mod.

Specs?

You can assign chores to your sims via a bulletin or chalkboard of sorts and set specified chores for either days of the week at specific times i.e Monday to Sunday and Morning, Afternoon and Evening.

Perfectionist and Neat Sims will scold and encourage Sims to do their chores, whilst Couch Potato and Slob Sims get a negative Moodlet for a few hours for being scolded and/or encouraged to do their chores.

It would be cool to see, in my opinion, though I'm not sure if people would want that.

Manufactured Memoirs - a Sci-Fi sims tale
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 2:45 PM
I would love to have a Mod that allowed you to disable the automated school enrollement even if there's a school rabbit hole placed in your town and to just enroll them manually with the option to transfer schhols if the family moved and they no longer lived near the old school.
Scholar
#3 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 3:28 PM
I believe the school/career submods from Nraas suite gives that option, however it may require a bit of maintenance.

According to OP - a tuning for giving sims who "Dislikes Children" a negative moodlet during pregnancy could introduce a bit of sense into game.
Or not.
"I hate these pesky parasites, but I love to feel how one is growing inside me" there's something disturbing in this attitude...

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 8:28 PM
Oh yeah! Nraas mod allowed people to homeschool kids, I think ^^;
I can't play any of the Nraas mods because of my low patch-level though.

The negative moodlet for that trait would be amazing. It really is pretty creepy that Sim in question is suddenly interested in their expanding tummies

Scholar
#5 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 10:08 PM
Toddler-toddler and toddler-child interactions, including play, affection, and some care activities. Like a child giving a toddler a bottle or a toy.

Something substantive to happen when dogs dig holes--toddlers and children could play in them, or something.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 6:12 AM
There is a mod for toddler-toddler chatting that involves other toddler interactions, but I haven't seen any between toddler and child.
I'm still wondering why EA (never mind, stopped wondering) didn't implement this. There were tons of possible interactions ;~;

That would have been pretty cool!

Lab Assistant
#7 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 7:33 AM
a mod that lets you create your own supernatural sims (whether custom or of other actual creatures), or better yet, supernatural pets other than unicorns

replacement designs (like totally different looks from the norm) for imaginary friends

more options for special careers like the ones in showtime (full performing bands for example)

make your own vacation worlds or future-like worlds (like alternative dimensions)

voice manipulator so you can give male sims really girlish voices and vice versa

custom traits!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 8:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fulishagirl
a mod that lets you create your own supernatural sims (whether custom or of other actual creatures), or better yet, supernatural pets other than unicorns

replacement designs (like totally different looks from the norm) for imaginary friends

more options for special careers like the ones in showtime (full performing bands for example)

make your own vacation worlds or future-like worlds (like alternative dimensions)

voice manipulator so you can give male sims really girlish voices and vice versa

custom traits!

I'd be spending so much moar time in CAS with those mods if they ever did come round... Pretty sure my computer will be screaming like a tantrum-throwing Sim looking for a routable location.

The custom traits would be slightly trickier... probably

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cystr()city
The custom traits would be slightly trickier... probably

I know there was one person who actually made a custom trait here. Kinda wish there was more really, I'd have a field day with it.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 12:33 AM
[QUOTE=Cystr()city]Oh yeah! Nraas mod allowed people to homeschool kids, I think ^^;
I can't play any of the Nraas mods because of my low patch-level though.

If you are interested all NRaas mods for older patches are available on the main page of each mod.
Here is the listing for Master Controller
They won't have the new enhancements for more current versions but the base functionality of the mod and what was available for the patch you are on will be there for you.
If you need help with these post over in Chatterbox. We are happy to assist no matter what version is being used You do not need to register to download but you will need to register to post. Hope this helps you out a bit.
Spice Pony
#11 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 12:40 AM
A bit weirdly specific, but as an astronomy enthusiast, the moon phase system has always bugged me. Only the full moon rises at sunset; the others rise at different times, ranging from sunset to sunrise and back (in fact, if you know your lunar cycle well enough, you can use the moon as a fairly precise clock when it's up). I have always wanted to see a mod to fix that, though I'm not holding my breath, as I imagine it would be complicated.
One Minute Ninja'd
#12 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ewenk7
A bit weirdly specific, but as an astronomy enthusiast, the moon phase system has always bugged me. Only the full moon rises at sunset; the others rise at different times, ranging from sunset to sunrise and back (in fact, if you know your lunar cycle well enough, you can use the moon as a fairly precise clock when it's up). I have always wanted to see a mod to fix that, though I'm not holding my breath, as I imagine it would be complicated.

Hell, I'd be happy with a lunar cycle that actually stuck. As it is, even if set to whatever the max is, 5 days (?), every time you load a save it starts a recount and if I'm in and out of a save game for just a sim day or two, it's always another freaking full moon with shitty lighting (despite trying to mod that out too).
Mad Poster
#14 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 5:11 AM
Lol one thing I noticed is that Sims 3 cars behave the exact same way as Sims 2 cars do (in neighborhood view).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 10:54 AM
@barbarat - I have a few non-core mods installed though and they work ^^ I just can't use the MasterController and it's other contributors ^^;

@ewenk7 @eskie227 - A stuck, working lunar cycle would be amazing; especially for story-tellers and lunar lovers!! >< It would be nice to able to watch that moon change its shape instead of continuously gaining weight from the very beginning.

@nitromon - I really hated the 'Let's clip through cars!' thing that Sims do... That murder/mug mod would up the game's M-factor but I don't care >< I think Nraas Vector has illnesses and such in it but not sure how severe the diseases are in there.

@jje1000 - I can barely remember what cars did in Sims 2

Mad Poster
#16 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 11:18 AM Last edited by HarVee : 18th Jan 2016 at 11:29 AM.
A mod that forces vehicles to abide by basic road laws. Basically a mod like this would scan ahead a few tiles of a road vehicle being operated by a Sim, and check for certain objects (like the stop sign or light signal) and then further scan for other Sims around the object and then calculate an assessment of how the Sim driving said vehicle should navigate. Should Sim stop, or should Sim go basically.

In theory it sounds easy to make. But, with TS3's routing one imagines it would tremendously complex even for the most basic of laws and would likely induce lag with larger populations, especially on potato systems as the mod would have run numerous background processes everytime any Sim operates a road vehicle.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 11:34 AM
@Harvee - When I read your post, I actually wondered about all the lag that'll suddenly just crop up. If Sims 3 wasn't so buggy, it might have made the load slightly lighter too, but larger populations are kinda also the fault. As well as the random cabs driving around. Damn those bright yellow cabs ><

Instructor
#18 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 1:45 PM
Real, non-decorative books that can be put onto bookshelves and stacked would be awesome, plus a way to prop them up on a little oblique stand in bookstores as in TS4.

Cooking utensils (pots, pans, spatulas, etc) that don't come out of a sim's butt would be cool too.

The ability to stop sims from automatically changing clothes (when going outside, etc) would add realism.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 2:45 PM
@Butterbot - Stackable books! Yesh! I could have my Sims put coffee on it when they take a break from reading! \^^/
I would looooove cabinets and counters to actually be moar than just work surfaces.
That too! What if I wanted my butt-naked Sim to streak and get chased by some cops in the street?! [Hey! New mod idea! ]

Instructor
#20 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 4:24 PM
@Butterbot - And if they didn't have the necessary cooking utensils, their hands would have to substitute. Probably resulting in burnt fingers or, at the very least, a negative moodlet for whoever decides to eat the dish.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 7:40 PM
@Mistress Tiffany - That would actually give that base game pot and pan rack a purpose

Site Helper
#22 Old 19th Jan 2016 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fulishagirl

Master Controller with Cheats module, plus imagination and the ability to stick to rules that you make for yourself. Add various cheat codes, possibly cheat to buy Aspiration rewards like a Moodlet Manager or Collection Helper for free, and add any interesting mods you find that add new abilities or interactions. (And I still wish the Magic for TS3 mod had been updated. Even with Supernatural, it would be nice to be able to still use it.) If you have Supernatural, Hybrid is really nice. You can even allow TCE functions to certain races.

Custom Skintones and Eyes are helpful as well, as is the Height slider. (But don't get too wild with height adjustments.)

I've had my own supernatural sims ever since the Base Game.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#23 Old 19th Jan 2016 at 1:27 AM
@Mistress Tiffany
@Cystr()city

Pots and pans can be another collectible (via vacation world shops, career rewards, gift piles, etc)! Imagine building a collection on the pot rack or knife rack...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 4:17 AM
@Ghost sdoj - Making we wanna patch up my game so I can MC over here!! ><

@Butterbot - collecting different woks for stir-fry over at Shang Simla!!

Mad Poster
#25 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 7:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cystr()city
@jje1000 - I can barely remember what cars did in Sims 2

The cars in neighbourhood view turned on intersections at 60 km/hr.
Page 1 of 13