Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Food Interactions (Update 19th March 2024)

by TheFoodGroup Posted 20th Jan 2016 at 2:30 PM - Updated Yesterday at 11:11 AM by TheFoodGroup : New Resources

1033 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 821 Feedback Posts, 211 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 39 of 42
Test Subject
#951 Old 21st Sep 2021 at 6:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by asianielle
for some reason, custom food and drink interactions won't show up on my sims fridge, they are both updated. I don't understand what is the issue. I have all packs and my game is up to date.

mine won't either
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#952 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 11:04 AM
Thank you so much for this mod and updating it!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#953 Old 1st Oct 2021 at 5:02 PM
Thanks
Test Subject
#954 Old 8th Oct 2021 at 11:57 PM
This still isn't working for me...I tested this with just mccc, and icemunmun custom foods in my mods and no custom food interactions showed up on my fridges or stoves, etc, been having this issue before it wasn't even updated. I was hoping the update would fix my issue but still nothing even with this only being the only mod in my mods folder along with the custom foods. I even tried out a different custom food from a different food creator and still nothing is popping up on my fridges. etc. Tried it with cc fridges and without cc fridges as well. Also, no interactions on the microwave, coffee maker, or frap macchine for this as well. I also tried getting help with this issue on discord and still no success, I even refreshed my game and still no, I don't know what's going on but it was working for me perfectly about a few months ago and now it's completely not working at all. Only thing I see the custom food interactions pop is in uni in the cafeteria on the food bar which is odd and I only get about 1 option of custom food that pops up on it with the uni food bar.
Lab Assistant
#955 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 8:22 PM Last edited by kimikosoma : 10th Oct 2021 at 9:06 PM.
Hi ! I downloaded Update 22nd September, 2021 : Version 6-3 but the z ip file contains the package from September 7th ; I wanted to know if this was the right version though
TY for advance !
Test Subject
Original Poster
#956 Old 17th Nov 2021 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kimikosoma
Hi ! I downloaded Update 22nd September, 2021 : Version 6-3 but the z ip file contains the package from September 7th ; I wanted to know if this was the right version though
TY for advance !

Thanks for letting me know!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#957 Old 17th Nov 2021 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by asianielle
This still isn't working for me...I tested this with just mccc, and icemunmun custom foods in my mods and no custom food interactions showed up on my fridges or stoves, etc, been having this issue before it wasn't even updated. I was hoping the update would fix my issue but still nothing even with this only being the only mod in my mods folder along with the custom foods. I even tried out a different custom food from a different food creator and still nothing is popping up on my fridges. etc. Tried it with cc fridges and without cc fridges as well. Also, no interactions on the microwave, coffee maker, or frap macchine for this as well. I also tried getting help with this issue on discord and still no success, I even refreshed my game and still no, I don't know what's going on but it was working for me perfectly about a few months ago and now it's completely not working at all. Only thing I see the custom food interactions pop is in uni in the cafeteria on the food bar which is odd and I only get about 1 option of custom food that pops up on it with the uni food bar.

Something seems to be up with the scrip. make sure to redownload and extract again using 7zip. You can also try the files from the alternate link here - https://simfileshare.net/folder/60125/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#958 Old 17th Nov 2021 at 8:45 PM
Love your work so much!!
Test Subject
#959 Old 27th Nov 2021 at 1:14 PM
Is this wonderful mod compartible with Srsly's Complete Cooking Overhaut?
Instructor
#960 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 9:29 AM
@rotlocke

Yes, it is Friendly regards from Austria
Test Subject
#961 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 8:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rotlocke
Is this wonderful mod compartible with Srsly's Complete Cooking Overhaut?

Using this mod and other food mods without issues. Srsly has recipe support for several custom food creators.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#962 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 2:35 AM
Thank you so much! I am updating this now
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#963 Old 18th Dec 2021 at 10:03 PM
Without the groups efforts, I wouldn't have such a selection of foods and drinks for my Sims. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#964 Old 23rd Dec 2021 at 9:17 AM
Thank you for creating this mod to help us add more Foods into the game! It really adds to my storytelling and gameplay!
Lab Assistant
#965 Old 16th Jan 2022 at 2:33 AM
I don't know why, but all I'm getting is the dessert option.
Test Subject
#966 Old 22nd Jan 2022 at 4:43 AM
Glitch with version 6-7: nannies and butlers would only make single serving custom food when in a household of 6-7 family members. They would make family or party size servings when I was running the game with previous versions. I thought I needed update because "tomato soup" under off the grid cooking would not give the option of making party size serving but I guess it's a basegame issue. Even with the newer custom food interaction it would remain the same.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#967 Old 5th Feb 2022 at 3:17 PM
I was looking for something else when I came across this...Love the added recipes and can't wait to try them all!
Test Subject
#968 Old 19th Feb 2022 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by reikacitro
Hi all,

I'm not quite sure where to post this problem, but as I suspect that it's related to having too much custom food in my game, I would like to ask if there is anyone else experiencing this:

When I click on the fridge there's quite a long delay until the menu pops up and I can't click on anything else in the meantime.
Then, when I select a meal for my sim to cook, there's some more delay and when the sim reaches the fridge the sim freezes for considerable time in which the other sims continue to move but I can't click on anything else.
This freezing happens several times during the cooking, usually every time a new cooking stage begins (for instance when the sim puts the food from the bowl into a pan).

In truth, this really spoils the whole cooking experience for me, which is a pity considering all those amazing custom dishes out there

Has anyone else experienced this and maybe even found out what it is about? As I said, I think it might simply be that I have too many custom dishes in my game, although I have 32 GB of RAM and my game runs on an SSD, etc.

Best regards,

reikacitro

I have this same problem. I have over 200 custom recipes in my game so I have to wait between 3 and 8 minutes after clicking on the fridge for the pie menu to open and then another for whatever food menu I want to pop up. And once I have picked my recipe to make I need to wait. On one save I need to unpause the game, leave it for about 30 seconds, then pause again for up to 10, and then the chef hat icon will show and my sim will do the action. On all my other saves I just need to wait 1-5 minutes for it to pop up without any of the pausing and unpausing. The times drastically decreased when I merged my package files. I went from about 300 files just for my food stuff to only about 15. But then the Wedding Pack free update broke my game so I can't cook anyway (all recipes are listed as prosciutto).
I know this is a late response but I hope it helped to know you are not the only one!
Test Subject
#969 Old 5th Mar 2022 at 5:48 PM
Hi!
So I have the last update, and the mod is working, but not exactly the right way, because when I click on custom food only these options show up: make custom grand meal, make custom gourmet food and cook together with..., and I can't cook by myself
Test Subject
#970 Old 18th Mar 2022 at 1:22 PM
Is anyone else having a problem downloading ANYTHING from Mod the Sims? I'm trying to update all my mods to the new patch and every time I try to download this mod or anything from this site I get a '500 Internal Server Error' message. It's very annoying because now I'm not going to be able to update all my mods and this one and the Custom Drinks one are needs to make my custom meals and harvestables work properly. I've never had this problem before and I don't know how to fix it can anyone tell me what to do?
Test Subject
#971 Old 19th Apr 2022 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Raven993k
I have this same problem. I have over 200 custom recipes in my game so I have to wait between 3 and 8 minutes after clicking on the fridge for the pie menu to open and then another for whatever food menu I want to pop up. And once I have picked my recipe to make I need to wait. On one save I need to unpause the game, leave it for about 30 seconds, then pause again for up to 10, and then the chef hat icon will show and my sim will do the action. On all my other saves I just need to wait 1-5 minutes for it to pop up without any of the pausing and unpausing. The times drastically decreased when I merged my package files. I went from about 300 files just for my food stuff to only about 15. But then the Wedding Pack free update broke my game so I can't cook anyway (all recipes are listed as prosciutto).
I know this is a late response but I hope it helped to know you are not the only one!

Yes, having the exact same problem - and, obviously it must come from having too many package food files together. Even when I merge them, it doesn’t help the lag time. Not sure if there is anything that can be done about it barring reducing the custom food packages.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#972 Old 13th May 2022 at 6:14 PM
Unfortunately with so many packages lag is inevitable. But it can be reduced if you guys use the custom food objects to access the menus instead of the fridge. Here is the custom food objects - https://www.patreon.com/posts/custom-food-53555435
Lab Assistant
#973 Old 14th May 2022 at 3:12 AM
Hello, I have LE : "Possible Cause (Confidence: 100%) :mtsfoodgroup_foods_custom.ts4script
Reason: The listed script mod failed to load and should be removed or updated. Failure: 'mtsfoodgroup_foods_custom.cpython-37' (mtsfoodgroup_foods_custom.cpython-37) No module named 'mtsfoodgroup_foods_custom.cpython-37'; 'mtsfoodgroup_foods_custom' is not a package (ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'mtsfoodgroup_foods_custom.cpython-37'; 'mtsfoodgroup_foods_custom' is not a package) " How fix it?
Icy Spicy
#974 Old 14th May 2022 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexWolf
Hello, I have LE : "Possible Cause (Confidence: 100%) :mtsfoodgroup_foods_custom.ts4script
Reason: The listed script mod failed to load and should be removed or updated. Failure: 'mtsfoodgroup_foods_custom.cpython-37' (mtsfoodgroup_foods_custom.cpython-37) No module named 'mtsfoodgroup_foods_custom.cpython-37'; 'mtsfoodgroup_foods_custom' is not a package (ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'mtsfoodgroup_foods_custom.cpython-37'; 'mtsfoodgroup_foods_custom' is not a package) " How fix it?

Redownload. I tried to update the file yesterday within a few minutes but due to storms by internet dipped out and there was some incomplete upload. It should work okay now. Also alternate link -
http://simfileshare.net/folder/60125/
Lab Assistant
#975 Old 14th May 2022 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
Redownload. I tried to update the file yesterday within a few minutes but due to storms by internet dipped out and there was some incomplete upload. It should work okay now. Also alternate link -
http://simfileshare.net/folder/60125/

Thank You very much, now everything works perfectly
Page 39 of 42