Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 10:53 AM
Hey hey simmythesim! Am so, so glad you're back! I have been testing your mod as well - and the Height, Hand (I love that one!) and Neck sliders work perfectly. I haven't tried the Bulge slider as yet, as it doesn't really interest me that much, but I have it installed anyway and might give it a bash later... Question - any chance for a Foot slider too? I know that the game has its own foot slider, but sometimes depending on what kind of sim I make, their feet still appear too small... If that's something you're not keen on doing, then that's ok - just thought I'd ask, anyway, lol...

I am enjoying this mod tons - and it's a huge improvement over your last one; I'm looking forward to seeing what the next big update is! You're doing great work - thank you so much

...Titanium white...
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#52 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 11:12 AM Last edited by simmythesim : 14th Feb 2016 at 11:40 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
Hey hey simmythesim! Am so, so glad you're back! I have been testing your mod as well - and the Height, Hand (I love that one!) and Neck sliders work perfectly. I haven't tried the Bulge slider as yet, as it doesn't really interest me that much, but I have it installed anyway and might give it a bash later... Question - any chance for a Foot slider too? I know that the game has its own foot slider, but sometimes depending on what kind of sim I make, their feet still appear too small... If that's something you're not keen on doing, then that's ok - just thought I'd ask, anyway, lol...

I am enjoying this mod tons - and it's a huge improvement over your last one; I'm looking forward to seeing what the next big update is! You're doing great work - thank you so much

I was about to just post the huge update when you posted! Anyway, weirdly enough, the game has two foot sliders, Foot_large and Foot_long, this is from memory though, so it may be wrong. I'll add another slider as adding sliders is easy. Anyway, the huge update is.... gradual height change! Since I've already typed a lot of the info from the update there, I'll be posting a link to there instead.

Reddit Announcement of Gradual Height Change

@pixiejuice, I think that you'll find this a great update!
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmythesim
I was about to just post the huge update when you posted! Anyway, weirdly enough, the game has two foot sliders, Foot_large and Foot_long, this is from memory though, so it may be wrong. I'll add another slider as adding sliders is easy. Anyway, the huge update is.... gradual height change! Since I've already typed a lot of the info from the update there, I'll be posting a link to there instead.

Reddit Announcement of Gradual Height Change

@pixiejuice, I think that you'll find this a great update!

I'm confused, I don't see a link to the update over there, have you not posted it yet or have I misunderstood something?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#54 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
I'm confused, I don't see a link to the update over there, have you not posted it yet or have I misunderstood something?

It's going to go up soon, after I fix some game breaking bugs when you don't install certain sliders.
Top Secret Researcher
#55 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 1:37 PM
It's going to go up soon, after I fix some game breaking bugs when you don't install certain sliders.

Oh okay, gotcha. So will it be up on reddit or on MTS? I want to know where I need to stalk lol.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#56 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 1:50 PM Last edited by simmythesim : 14th Feb 2016 at 3:36 PM.
Oh okay, gotcha. So will it be up on reddit or on MTS? I want to know where I need to stalk lol.

It'll be uploaded here, very soon, possibly 30 minutes from now soon.

EDIT: Really soon! I promise, I just need to test it to make sure I didn't mess anything up at the last minute...
Top Secret Researcher
#57 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 3:43 PM
It'll be uploaded here, very soon, possibly 30 minutes from now soon.

EDIT: Really soon! I promise, I just need to test it to make sure I didn't mess anything up at the last minute...

LOL That's okay, I'm sure we all appreciate what you're doing for us! I can't wait to try it out. :-)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#58 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 3:44 PM
LOL That's okay, I'm sure we all appreciate what you're doing for us! I can't wait to try it out. :-)
@claudiasharon Good timing, I'm about to upload it right now!
Top Secret Researcher
#59 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 3:55 PM
@claudiasharon Good timing, I'm about to upload it right now!

Omg yay! I see it but I am waiting for the uploaded file to show the change. I do have a question though, in order to shorten adults you need to use the commands, right? It doesn't do it in CAS?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#60 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 3:57 PM
Omg yay! I see it but I am waiting for the uploaded file to show the change. I do have a question though, in order to shorten adults you need to use the commands, right? It doesn't do it in CAS?

Yup, you can look at the commands list at the post.
Top Secret Researcher
#61 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 4:00 PM
Yup, you can look at the commands list at the post.

Okay cool, thanks for making this mod! <3 Putting it in my game now. Will let you know if I have any issues!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#62 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 4:00 PM
Okay cool, thanks for making this mod! <3 Putting it in my game now. Will let you know if I have any issues!

Oh and warning though, some sims (1 out of 10) will get really tall and some sims will get really short, because this time, I'm randomizing the heights of NPC's.
Top Secret Researcher
#63 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 4:03 PM
Oh and warning though, some sims (1 out of 10) will get really tall and some sims will get really short, because this time, I'm randomizing the heights of NPC's.

Okay good to know that's to be expected. I like the randomizing of NPCs height, that's a great addition to the mod.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#64 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 4:08 PM
Some feedback needed guys, I think the mod's getting a little too bloated now, should I split the height slider and height growth into one mod, and then hand, neck and bulge sliders in another?
Top Secret Researcher
#65 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 5:50 PM
Some feedback needed guys, I think the mod's getting a little too bloated now, should I split the height slider and height growth into one mod, and then hand, neck and bulge sliders in another?

Hmm the height stuff in one mod would be a good idea, but not sure hand, neck and bulge should be together too, because I like the hand part but not the neck and bulge part...but that's just me.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#66 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 6:36 PM
Hmm the height stuff in one mod would be a good idea, but not sure hand, neck and bulge should be together too, because I like the hand part but not the neck and bulge part...but that's just me.

Perhaps I'll separate the hand, neck and bulge sliders to their own mods? Anyway, I have another question, this time, it's a poll,

Would you get really mad at me if I put a donation link in the comments section of the reddit post of my mod? It's been a month since I started this mod, and some donations would help a lot, especially when you're living in a third-world country where wages are terribly low. Being a student doesn't help either Anyway, vote here! Strawpoll
Test Subject
#67 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 6:54 PM
I seem to have run into a problem with the newest version (v 0.05). The hands slider doesn't respond like the other sliders, which is weird because I remember it working so well on the previous version (v0.04.1).

Somehow this cow learned to talk...
Test Subject
#68 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 8:45 PM

I have used all of the sliders and like all of them. However you need to split the mod would be fine by me as long as I can still have them all in my game!

Wow, the changing height sounds super cool! That will be an incredible feature for some playstyles. I have a bunch of questions though, first, before I add this to my game.

How will it work with extra long lifespans? If a child grows every night, how many days will it take them to be fully grown? And what height do they reach as fully grown? Default adult height?

I am playing with a personally customized aging mod that gives me a calendar of 120 sim-days per aging year. In my game, the child lifespan lasts 1200 days and teen lasts 840 days, so unless they grow by a very tiny fraction of a point every day, that probably won't work for me.

It sounds like it would be awesome for people playing on default timespans though! I just hope it's something I could choose to apply manually to my sims when they are due for their growth spurts. Sorry, I am just very very picky about what happens to every single one of my 135 sims!

Also, do children in non-active households grow every night too? Or do they only grow as part of the active household?

And for the randomized NPC heights, what do you consider NPC? Unplayed? Unhoused?

Sorry for all the questions, lol!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#69 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pixiejuice
I have used all of the sliders and like all of them. However you need to split the mod would be fine by me as long as I can still have them all in my game!

Wow, the changing height sounds super cool! That will be an incredible feature for some playstyles. I have a bunch of questions though, first, before I add this to my game.

How will it work with extra long lifespans? If a child grows every night, how many days will it take them to be fully grown? And what height do they reach as fully grown? Default adult height?

I am playing with a personally customized aging mod that gives me a calendar of 120 sim-days per aging year. In my game, the child lifespan lasts 1200 days and teen lasts 840 days, so unless they grow by a very tiny fraction of a point every day, that probably won't work for me.

It sounds like it would be awesome for people playing on default timespans though! I just hope it's something I could choose to apply manually to my sims when they are due for their growth spurts. Sorry, I am just very very picky about what happens to every single one of my 135 sims!

Also, do children in non-active households grow every night too? Or do they only grow as part of the active household?

And for the randomized NPC heights, what do you consider NPC? Unplayed? Unhoused?

Sorry for all the questions, lol!

By default, sims in both the child and teen stage grow from short to tall in 13 days. In the future, I'll hope to add compatibility with custom ages and the shorter/longer age lengths as it always assumes that the stages are both 13 days, so if you have a lifespan that lengthens, the sim will grow up early, but if you have a lifespan that shortens, the sims growth will get cut off.

They reach their "adult" height when they reach the end of the teen stage. Every child and teen in your game also grows if you've set aging on for them, not only your playable sims will experience the joy of getting older!

For the NPC heights, as this is a test version, a lot of functionalities aren't truly done yet, it randomizes the height of everyone, including your played sims. I'll add a toggle to only randomize sims not in your house.
Instructor
#70 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 3:26 AM
Just last night, I thought "I hope someone recreates the Grow mod from TS3". You are a legend! Thanks so much.

EDIT: I have babies set to 2 days, children set to 10, and teens set to 8 (basically a day per year). I'll let you know how I get on - it sounds like it should work ok.
Test Subject
#71 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 3:29 AM
By default, sims in both the child and teen stage grow from short to tall in 13 days. In the future, I'll hope to add compatibility with custom ages and the shorter/longer age lengths as it always assumes that the stages are both 13 days, so if you have a lifespan that lengthens, the sim will grow up early, but if you have a lifespan that shortens, the sims growth will get cut off.

They reach their "adult" height when they reach the end of the teen stage. Every child and teen in your game also grows if you've set aging on for them, not only your playable sims will experience the joy of getting older!

For the NPC heights, as this is a test version, a lot of functionalities aren't truly done yet, it randomizes the height of everyone, including your played sims. I'll add a toggle to only randomize sims not in your house.

Okay. Thank you for the answers! I will stick with version 4 for now then, but I'm looking forward to seeing how the mod progresses. You are doing great work!
Top Secret Researcher
#72 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 1:02 PM
Got a last exception file from what looks like to be the height slider. I'm not sure why or what the issue is, but it does have the height in it.

Oh and I've also noticed a lack of sims actually "growing" too.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  lastException.zip (951 Bytes, 150 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#73 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 9:18 PM
Ok, I'm having trouble. The mod is not working for me, and yes both the scripted mods and custom content is on, but I've tried putting in the cheat during live play on my sims and it is not working. I put in the cheat like this (add_sliderheight-50) excluding the parentheses. and it's not working. What am I doing wrong?

Nevermind I was typing it wrong, silly me
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#74 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 3:15 AM Last edited by simmythesim : 16th Feb 2016 at 4:38 AM.
Got a last exception file from what looks like to be the height slider. I'm not sure why or what the issue is, but it does have the height in it.

Oh and I've also noticed a lack of sims actually "growing" too.

Whoops, looks like I left some code to debug, which isn't actually included in the final version, causing it to error out. There's also an alarm error, which means that the alarm didn't work correctly, the alarm is used to make sims get taller each day. I'll hopefully be able to fix this in time for the next release.

I've temporarily rollbacked to the previous version, marked as Stable, until I get it fixed as I'm quite busy this week. The current version is still there, but it's now marked as EXPERIMENTAL.
Scholar
#75 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 11:56 AM Last edited by Morphar : 16th Feb 2016 at 12:39 PM.
I have used your previous mod a long time so I am a little surpriced of this bug:

Quote:
Sliders do not seem to be genetically passed onto children, I suspect that this is a bug caused by the last patch as before that, they were working fine.

Long parents got children that when they grow up is as long as their parents. Is this fixed by EA now or is your old mod different.from the new in genetics?
Will my stretched sims from your old mod still be stretched or do I have to start from scratch in a new game?

I like the portraits to be as they are in old mod. That make it easier to match couples.

I'll test this as soon as you update.
Page 3 of 44