Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

S C Apartments ~ Studio Apartments for 1 or 2 Sims

by CatherineTCJD Posted 4th Feb 2016 at 2:55 PM - Updated 4th Feb 2016 at 10:12 PM by CatherineTCJD

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 4th Feb 2016 at 9:49 PM
I don't know how I would use it, but I still wanted to comment and say what a great creative idea! It's weird, but it's great in it's weirdness. It certainly does look like shipping containers. Great job, I'm sure this'll go perfectly in lots of peoples games
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Feb 2016 at 10:08 PM
Thanks!
Oh, and you reminded me... I forgot to add my "standard" blurb about the light fix and your medicine cabinets! I'll go fix that now...

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th Feb 2016 at 10:34 PM
So intriguing and interesting Cat. I wonder what prompted you to build that? A certain contest I wonder?
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 4th Feb 2016 at 11:47 PM
Great idea Catherine. I remember looking into shipping container housing in real life some years ago. Supposed to be a cheaper alternative to buying a regular home. They look surprisingly cosy on the inside.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 12:18 AM
Looks awesome!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#7 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 12:31 AM
This looks really excellent - so cool!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 12:33 AM
I so wanna make a container town for a Strangetown subhood now!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 3:50 PM
Another amazing lot, Cat - and I think I detect some orange on a wall
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 4:59 PM
What a neat concept! I'm always a fan of studio apartments, and homes that can make use of this shipping containers! This build is the best of both worlds for me, lol. I'm quite fond of how you carefully planned the common areas, which is always a factor that I try to take into account when building an apartment lot. Good stuff!! (:
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator THANKS POST
#11 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 5:06 PM
It's beautiful, thank you for sharing this masterpiece! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#12 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 5:20 AM
Love this lot, but I seem to be missing some of the wall coverings used, specifically the metal exterior walls of the aqua and yellow apartments, as well as the steel frame walls between the containers. Other than that, everything looks great!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by transportalize
...I seem to be missing some of the wall coverings...

I'm glad you like the lot - I hope you can substitute some similar walls? The metal 'siding' walls came with one of the EP/SPs - I don't remember which one... maybe ApartmentLife. I think EAxis used some of them in Belladonna Cove, so it was probably Apt. Life that added them. Good luck!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 7:19 PM
What a great and special idea - thank´s a lot for this beautyful work!
Test Subject
#15 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
The metal 'siding' walls came with one of the EP/SPs - I don't remember which one... maybe ApartmentLife.

Huh, that's odd. I have all the EP/SPs, so I thought I must've been missing some CC. Weird, but not a huge deal.

Anyway, thanks for the reply!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 10:41 PM
Huh, that's odd...

Ya know what!!!? It might be in with BlueTexasBonnie's Walls and floors - I used the iron-grid floor (and it's linked in the OP) from that set, and the walls may have sneaked in too.
Please let me know if that works?

and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
#17 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 1:18 AM
Please let me know if that works?

Nope, sorry. I thought that might've been it so I downloaded the whole set, but the walls are still missing.
Instructor
#18 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 11:51 AM
Nope, sorry. I thought that might've been it so I downloaded the whole set, but the walls are still missing.

Once you load the lot the missing items will have to be replaced manually. After adding the walls to Downloads, try placing the lot again.
Instructor
#19 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 11:57 AM
I like the creativity of this lot too, however the kitchens are a problem. Sims need a counter to work on. Also unless you're using the SupaFridge, Townies will starve to death lol. You can make a 3 tile kitchen by placing a fridge, stove and a counter with a dishwasher.

I've made apartments on multiple levels and have been frustrated by the Townies who live there wandering around, sleeping on the grass, pissing themselves, and complaining of hunger. Yet when I play the apartments, my Sims can get to everything just fine.
Test Subject
#20 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 3:28 PM
It's beautiful! However, I have a little doubt... How did you manage to have the building flagged as apartment? I built a replica of your building on a smaller lot and in another style for my personal use and the game keeps telling me I need to change the architecture in order to flag it as apartment base. The apartment doors and all the rest is placed correctly, therefore I guess it has to do with the spiral stairs and the "private patio" every apartment has. I read you used the Invisible Fence and I have used it sometimes to build apartments, however I couldn't get it to work this time. How did you use it? Help
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jasperville
I like the creativity of this lot too, however the kitchens...

By all means - redesign to your hearts content! I tend to use SilentLucidities OMSPs to make the table act as a food prep surface.
...and I don't play enough to bother with the townie's needs.

Quote: Originally posted by CrazyDiamond
It's beautiful! However, I have a little doubt... (
You guessed it - the spiral stairs are completely enclosed with the invisible fence. The fence is meshless so, once it's used, you can't select it. Make sure you completely enclose the stairs! I used CFE a lot too... Good luck!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
#22 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 1:16 PM
You guessed it - the spiral stairs are completely enclosed with the invisible fence. The fence is meshless so, once it's used, you can't select it. Make sure you completely enclose the stairs! I used CFE a lot too... Good luck!

It worked! Thank you for the quick response!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 5:09 AM
an awesome idea, love your Apartments!