Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#26 Old 3rd Aug 2016 at 11:11 PM
Default Blood Brothers! Chapter 23

Blood Brothers! Chapter 23

Over at the Indian Village, Quanah Whitefeather has called is youngest son to his hut . . . "Sit down, we need to talk", said Quanah, when Chandar came in.

"You became an adult nearly a week ago and you haven't asked Pale Moon to marry you yet", said Quanah.
"I'd rather wait until I'm a little older", Chandar said.

"I understand your wanting to wait, but you must have needs", said Quanah.
"Yes, but why must I get married?", asked Chandar.

"The council decided you should marry Pale Moon", said Quanah, "You don't question it, you just do it!

Next door at Shardul Whitefeather's hut, his wife Hala was caring for their infant son. "It's time for you to go to sleep. You have a big day ahead of you tomorrow", she told him.

The following day, Shardul carried Shilah over to the gathering place where all the members of the village had come to help celebrate Shilah's first birthday.

Shardul brought Shilah to his cake and helped the infant blow out hus candles.

He did the baby toss and . . .

Shilah returned to his arms, a cute toddler. "What do you think of your grandson now?", Shardul asked Quanah.

"I think he looks a lot like you", he said.

"I hope I'll be able to give you a beautiful son like Shilah", Pale Moon told Chandar. "I'm ready", he said.

"I was talking about after we're married", she said.

"I know, I was just joking", laughed Chandar.

Samir had been watching Chandar with Pale Moon. The expression on her face, showed exactly how she felt.

Gentle Fawn saw Balik Sweeney across the room, practicing chess.

"Batik, let's get in the tub of warm water outside?", she said.

"Batik, I worry sometimes, where I'd be, if the council had made us leave your village", said Gentle Fawn.

"You shouldn't wory about things that didn't happen, Gentle Fawn", he said, "I'll always be here to take care of you".

"That's the nicest thing anybody has ever told me", she said.

Then Chandar and Pale Moon got in the tub.

"Come here", said Chandar.

She did as he asked. They cuddled.

Pale Moon gave Chandar a tender kiss

They madeout.

Then Chandar asked her to do woo hoo . . .

And she told him NO! "Why not?", he asked, confused.

"I told you before, not until we're married".

He thought about it for a few moments . . .

Then he got out and went into the barn.

Samir was in the barn. "My father called me to his hut yesterday to talk. He said I have to get married soon", said Chandar. "Neither one of us has a choice", she said.

Nachik came into the barn. When he saw Chandar with Samir, he shouted "Stay away from her. She's promised to me, not you!"

"Don't ever tell me what I can or can't do!", growled Chandar, "I'll talk to who I please! "Get out!"

Nachik hurried out, determined to face Chandar another day.

Samir gave Chandar a thank you hug.

The next afternoon, Chandar and Pale Moon were out for a walk in the woods.

"Pale Moon, I got something to ask you", said Chandar.
"What is it?", she asked.

"Will you marry me?", he asked

"YES!, she said.

"I didn't expect you to propose this soon", said Pale Moon.
"Why not, we was already promised to each other", he said,,"I just had to makeup my mind."

"I was afraid I was going to be an old woman, by the time you decided", she laughed.

"Can we do woo hoo now?", he asked. "No!", she answered.. "Why not? We're as good as married", he said.
"No, as good as married, isn't married", said Pale Moon.

"Chandar, we best be getting back to the village", she said, "I don't want to miss the birthday celebrations."

To be continued . . .
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#27 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 12:15 AM Last edited by Dsydk11 : 21st Oct 2016 at 9:46 PM.
Default Blood Brothers! Chapter 24

Blood Brothers! Chapter 24

Back in the village, Chanda and Pale Moon arrived just in time for the first birthday celebratin. Sundar Hunter was first to come to his birthday cake.

He made a wish and blew out the candles.

Quanah watched, as this son, who he could never claim as his own, grew up . . .

Into a handsome teenager.

The next to come to her birthday cake was Little Bluebird.

Everyone cheered as Little Bluebird grew up into a pretty teenager.

When Sundar came over to tell her happy birthday, she grabbed him and gave him a squeeze.

"One more birthday and we can get married", she said.

The last one to grow up that night , was Samir Sweeney

Nachik watched, as his future wife . . .

Grew up into a pretty adult.

"You're beautiful, Samir", Nachik said.
"Thank you", she replied.

"Congratulations on your engagement", Nachik told Chandar, "I hope there's no hard feelings about that little misunderstanding in the barn".

"No, no hard feelings", Chandar answered.

"That's good. Who knows, our childern may end up marrying each other", Nachik joked.

On the other side of town, at the Ellis Place, Charity and Patience were sitting on the backporch, after supper that same night. "Are you and Horace getting serious?", asked Patience.
"I like him an awful lot, but I'm not sure if he fels the same way about me", answered Charity.

"Have you seen Chandar since the other night?", asked Charity

"No, but I'm sure he loves me, as much as I love him", she said.

"You know, Father would never let you see Chandar, if he knew", said Charity.

"I've been thinking", said Patience, "I could be with him, if I moved to the Indian village".
"Patience, that's crazy. You can't live THERE", said Charity.

"Well, speaking of the devil . . .

"Here he is".

Patience ran over to him, "Wait for me in the barn", she said.

"ff Father asks, tell him I'm asleep", said Patience. Then Charity went into the house . . .

And Patience went into the barn.

"You're awfully quiet tonight", she said, "Is there somehing troubling you?"

"I got engaged to Pale Moon this afternoon", he said.
"So you're really going throuh with it? Marrying Pale Moon, I mean", said Patience.

"Patience, I'm a Comanche. The council makes the laws I must live by", he explained.
"Even if it means marrying someone you don't love?", she asked.
"Yes, even that", he said.

Then he gave her a romantic kiss.

"Patience, do woo hoo with me", said Chandar.
"I love you, but I can't do THAT", said Patience.

"Women, you're all the same", he howled.

"Chandar, please listen", said Patience.

To be continued . . .
Instructor
Original Poster
#28 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 12:22 AM
Default Blood Brothers! Chapter 25

Blood Brothers! Part 25

Over at the Indian village . . .

"Samir, will you be engaged to me?", asked Nachik.

"Yes, I will", she said.

"The sooner we have the wedding, the happier I'll be", said Samir.
"That's exactly how I feel", he said.

Nachik and Samir's wedding day was the following Saturday. Nachik stood at the alter.

Samir entered the gathering place. She looked beautiful in the wedding dress Nachik's twin sister (Hala) had worn for her wedding

Samir joined Nachik at the alter. "Samir, will you marry me?", he asked.
"Yes, I will", she answered.

"I love you and I hope you will learn to love me", said Nachik.

Then he gave his bride a tender kiss

Later that night in Nachik's hut . . . "I'm so happy your father choose me", said Nachik, "I promise to try and make you glad he did". "Come with me", he said.

Nachik relaxed on the bed and asked Samir to join.

They cuddled.

"Can we do woo hoo now?", he asked.

And she said yes.

Samir fell asleep. Nachik scooted up close behind her, unaware of how his bride really felt about him. Now that she had done woo hoo with her husband, she could do woo hoo with Chander.

To be continued . . .
Instructor
Original Poster
#29 Old 13th Dec 2016 at 9:43 PM
Default Blood Brothers! Chapter 26

Blood Brothers! Chapter 26

Over at the Ellis Place . . .

Horace Fletcher proposed to Charity Ellis. He waited for her answer.

Then she hugged his neck and said YES!

"Let's go tell my parents ", said Charity.

Hope hugged Charity and told her how happy she was about the engagement.

"Well, I guess you'll be next", Jack told Patience, "I hear that Ben Coper's still single".

"Father, Ben and I have been friends since we were childern", said Patience, "I couldn't seriously think of marrying him".

Then Patience went onside and lounged on the garden bench.

She stood up, when she saw Chandar approuching.

"I came to appologize for losing my temper the last time I was here", he said.
"I'm glad you came", she said, "I was worried that I might not get to see you again".
"You would be better off, if you didn't", said Chandar.

"Let's go down to the barn. I want to tell you something", said Patience.

"Have you decided yet, when you're going to marry Pale Moon?", she asked.
"The wedding is this coming Saturday", he answered.

"Chandar, I wish I was the one you were marrying", said Patience.

"We live a world apart, that can never be", he said.

"Chandar, I don't want to think about that. I want you, even if it is just for now", she said.

They cuddled on the haystack. He gave her a romantic kiss.

"Will you be my first woo hoo?", asked Patience.
"Are you sure you won't regret it later?", he asked.
"Chandar, I'll never regret anything I do with you", she said.

After they did woo hoo, Patience said, "You can only have one first woo hoo and I'm happy I was yours. We'll always have that between us."

"This doesn't have to be goodbye", said Chandar.

"I know, but after you marry Pale Moon, you'll belong to her", said Patience, "Just promise me, you won't ever forget me."

"If you change your mind, you know where I'll be", he said.

Then Chandar left to go back to the village.

When he got back to the village, he laid on the haystack in the barn and thought about Patience.

Samir came into the barn and lay beside him. "I was hoping you might be out here", she said.

"Well, how was your wedding night?", he asked.
"Thinking of you made it tolerable", she said.

"Chandar, will you do woo hoo with me?", she asked.

And he said YES!
"That was well worth waiting for", she said.

"Good things usually are", he said.

"And you're definitely a good thing", said Samir.

"As much as I hate to, I better go, Nachik might come looking for me", she said.
"We wouldn't want him to catch us in our underwear. That would be a little hard to explain", he joked.

Then Samir left to go to her and Nachik's hut.

To be contined . . .
Instructor
Original Poster
#30 Old 14th Dec 2016 at 11:01 PM
Default Blood Brothers! Chapter 27

Blood Brothers! Part 27

At the Ellis Place, Hope Ellis has made a full recovery from her accident and is looking forward to her daughter Charity's marriage to Horace Fletcher.

"I'll ask your father to take us to Fort Worth to shop for your wedding dress and for dresses for Patience and I", said Hope, "Peggy Fletcher will just die of envy when she sees us at the wedding".
"Mother, you don't have to impress Mrs. Fletcher, she's not like that at all", said Charity.

"Mother, I have several lovely dresess in the wardrobe, to choose from", said Patience, "I don't need to go shopping in Fort Worth to buy another one".

"Well, we need to shop for you a wedding dress. You can't wear just any old thing for your wedding", said Hope.
"You're right Mother and it might be fun to shop in a big city", said Charity.

Patience suddenly jumped up and ran into the bathroom, just before she got her first "baby bump". "Oh no, it can't be", she thought to herself,"I didn't think it was possible to have a baby the first woo hoo".

Since there was nothing else to do, Patience decided to protect this little part of Chandar she had left. She would worry about the consequences later.

"Are you alright? I saw the look on your face when you jumped up", said Charity.
"I'm going to have a baby", said Patience.
"How do you know?", asked Charity.

"I've been sick to my stomach for the past few days and now that bump has appeared", explained Patience.

"When are you going to tell Father and Mother?", said Charity.
"II think if I wear loose fitting dresses, I won't have to tell them right away", she said.
"Are you going to tell Chandar you're having his baby?", asked Charity.
"No, I think it's better if he doesn't know", said Patience.

At the Indian Village, the council makes the laws everyone in the village must live by.

Chandar Whitefeather has a lot to think about. Although he never had a desire to be with only one woman, he is engaged to be married to Pale Moon. His thoughts were interrupted when he heard a female voice, call his name . . .

"Chandar, I wanted to see you before you got married", said Patience.

"I remembered what you said the other day, that if I changed my mind, I knew where you were", she said.
"I'm glad you came, I didn't want it to end like that", he said.
"I wish it didn't have to end at all, but I know in my heart, we can't change the way things are", said Patience.

"I wish it was me you were marrying this coming Saturday instead of her", said Patience.
"I'll be thinking of you the whole time", he said.

"Chandar, promise me you won't ever forget what we had together", she said.
"I promise", he said, giving her a kiss goodbye.

Then she walked away quickly, not wanting him to see her tears. He watched until she disappeared from view

.When Chandar took a short-cut through the barn, he ran into Samir, "I was hoping to run into you", she said, "You seem to be avoiding me lately".

"Samir, it's harder than I thought it would be to find time for us to be together", he said.
"I know, Nachik wants to know where I am and what I'm doing every minute", she said.

"Chandar, I'm going to have a baby", said Samir.

"Nachik must be happy with that", said Chandar.
"I haven't told him yet", she said.

"I wanted you to be the first to know, because it's your baby", she said.
"Samir, you did woo hoo with Nachik before me", he said, "It might be his baby".

"I don't want this baby to be his", said Samir.
"You talk nonsense, Samir. If Nachik is it's father, you can't change it", said Chandar.

"Well, you'll see that I'm right, after it's born", she said.

As soon as Samir arrived home, she told Nachik she was going to have a baby.

"You've made me the happiest brave in all the village", he said.

The next afternoon, Quanah was waiting in his hut for Sundar. The boy had asked to talk with him.

"Come, sit down", Quanah told Sundar, when he arrived.

"What is it you wished to talk about with me?", asked Quanah.

"Are you my father?", asked Sundar.

To be continued . . .
Instructor
Original Poster
#31 Old 16th Dec 2016 at 12:05 AM
Default Blood Brothers! Chapter 28

Blood Brothers! Chapter 28

Over at the Indian Village, old secrets are revealed and new promises are made . . .

At the end of Part 27, Sundar asked Quanah, "Are you my father?"

"Sohan is your father", said Quanah, "What makes you think he's not?"

"I remember when I was a child, that my mother would beg you to hug her. She said, 'I just want to feel your arms around me again' and you would tell her to it was over. All the males in the village have fangs like a wolf, but only you, your sons, your grandson and me have black nails like a wolf", explained Sundar.

Quanah walked out to the garden. Sundar followed him. "Why won't you answer my question?", he asked.

"I will speak the truth, but you must promise not to let anyone know I told you", said Quanah.

"Alright, I promise", said Sundar.

"Yes, I am the one who planted the seed, but Sohan is the one who nurtured that seed and made you who you are", said Quanah, "HE is your true father".

"Thank you for giving me life", said Sundar, "I'll always be grateful to you for that".

"You've grown up into a fine young brave that your father can be proud of", said Quanah.

"I'm proud of you, too, he said".

Then Quanah turned and walked away.

The following afternoon, Chandar was in The Gathering Place waiting for his bride to join him. .

Pale Moon looked beautiful in a white, lawn cloth dress and wearing a headpiece of white feathers .

She joined Chandar at the alter.

"Together we will share the responsibilities of our hut, food and childern. May the Great Spirit bless us with noble childern and may they live long", he said. .

"Pale Moon, our love and friendship have become inseparable and firm. We will experience spiritual union in marriage and you will become completely mine. May our marriage last forever", he said, as he placed the ring on her finger.

"This is my commitment to you, as my husband. Together we will share the responsibilities of our hut, food and childern. May the Great Spirit bless us with noble childern and may they live long", said Pale Moon, "By the laws of the Great Spirit and the spirits of our honorable ancestors, I will be your wife. Whatever promises I gave you, I spoke with a pureheart. I will be completely yours and yours only. I will never deceive you and I shall love you forever", as she placed the ring on his finger.

Then Chandar gave his bride a tender kiss.

So Chandar and Pale Moon became husband and wife. He, being a good Comanche brave has fulfilled the wishes of the Council. She, being an adopted member of the village, has honored their laws, by marrying the man chosen for her.

"Are you ready to go to our hut?", asked Chandar.

"Yes, my husband", she said.

They left The Gathering Place and walked across the lot to their hut.

"We're married now, so whatever you want to do will be alright", said Pale Moon.

"Come relax with me on the bed and I'll tell you what I want", he said.

"There's nothing to be afraid of, I won't bite", said Chandar.
"I'm just nervous", she said.

He gave her a romantic kiss.

They madeout.

"Can we do woo hoo?", asked Chandar.

And Pale Moon finally said YES!

"Did I please you, my husband?", she asked.

"Yes, but you still have much to learn", he said.

"I'll learn to please you, my husband", said Pale Moon.

But Chandar wasn't listening, he had other things on his mind..

To be continued . . .
Instructor
Original Poster
#32 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 10:41 PM
Default Blood Brothers! Chapter 29

Blood Brothers! Chapter 29

Over at The Ellis Place, Patience Ellis had thought long and hard about the predicament she had gotten herself into and has made the most difficult decision of her life.

She sit at her father's desk and composed a letter of explanation and apology to her parents, as follows: I have made the decision to live on my own. It's the only choice I have, as I will soon have a baby to care for and love. I'm sorry it must be this way, but my baby's father is a Comanche brave, who I know you can never accept. He loves me as much as I love him, but he belongs to another. If you can find it in your heart to forgive me, I will be eternally grateful. Affectionately yours, Patience

After she finished writing the letter, Patience left it on the desk for her father to find.

Then she changed her clothes and went outside to wait for Chandar. He had found a place where she and the baby would be safe.

When he arrived, she greeted him with a romantic hug. "I knew you would find a way to help me", she said.
"The place I found isn't what you're use to, but you and my son will be safe there", said Chandar.

"It's a long way up the road. Are you going to be able to make it?", he asked.
"Yes, I'll be fine, don't worry", she said.

"This is the place", said Chandar.
"it's not too bad", she said, "It's rather quaint".

"That's my friend Boone, who lives here", said Chandar, "He's a half-breed, so he understands why you need a place to stay, away from your family and neighbors".

"Welcome to my home", said Boone, "And you must be Chandar's young lady, Patience".

"I want to thank you for letting me stay here", she said, "I'll help anyway I can to earn my keep".
"You don't need to worry about that. All you need to concern yourself with, is to have a healthy baby", said Boone.

"Boone will take care of you. You'll be safe with him", said Chandar.

Then he gave her a romantic kiss goodbye.

"Don't worry, your young lady will be fine", said Boone, "From the looks of her belly, the baby will be born soon".

"Let me know as soon as he's born", said Chandar.

"I will, I promise", said Boone.

"You must be getting hungry. Make yourself to home, while I fix us some supper", he said.

"I know my parents wouldn't accept Chandar, even if he was free to marry me", she said.
"Chandar told me about the girl he was forced to marry", said Boone.

"You know, he really cares for you, but I don't think he'll ever be satisfied with just one woman", said Boone.

"I guess you're right, but whenever we're together, I feel like I'm the only one", said Patience.

"That bedroom over there is yours", said Boone, "There's some women's clothes in the wardrobe, if you need them".
"Goodnight and thank you", she said.

The next morning, Patience fixed pancakes for breakfast.

"These are good", he said.
"My family's cook taught me how to make them", said Patience.

"Your father must be wealthy to afford household help", said Boone.

"He struck it rich during the Gold Rush of 1849 before he and Mother met", she said, "I never thought much about it when I was growing up. It was just something my sister and I took for granted".

Boone introduced her to his cow, "Bessie, I want you to meet Patience. Patience this is Bessie", he said.

"Our neighbors have a cow, but she's not as nice as Bessie", laughed Patience.

When Patience turned to walk back toward the house, she started into labor.

"Ow, this hurts more than I thought it would", thought Patience.

When the pains eased up some . . .

She delivered a beautiful tan skinned baby boy with brown eyes and black hair.

Patience named him Tanner Jackon Ellis. Even though her father (Jack) would probably never see his grandson, Tanner would have his name.

"Isn't he the most beautiful baby you'd ever seen?", she asked.
"Yes, your son is very beautiful", said Boone.

She took him inside and gave him a bottle of milk.

"I'm going to the village to get Chandar", said Boone.
"Thank you, Boone", said Patience.

When he arrived at the village, he heard voices coming from The Gathering Place, where he thought he might find Chandar.

"Your young lady has given birth to a son. She would like for you to come", said Boone.

"Wait outside, I'll only be a minute", said Chandar.

He told Pale Moon, "I must go. I'll be back tomorrow".

"Where are you going?", she asked.
"A Comanche wife doesn't question her husband", he said, "I'll return tomorrow".

Chandar left with Boone to go to his place.

To be continued . . .
Instructor
Original Poster
#33 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 11:59 PM
Default Blood Brothers! Chapter 30

Blood Brothers! Chapter 30

At Boone's Place, Patience was outside, waiting for Chandar. "I'm glad you came", she said.
"I wanted to make sure you were alright and I wanted to see my son", he said.

Patience took Tanner out of his crib. "Your father has come to meet you", she said. She handed the baby to Chandar. "He looks like me", laughed Chandar.
"Yes, I know. He's beautful", she said.

"I'll come whenever I can to see you and him", said Chandar

"We'll be here waiting", said Patience.

Boone prepared dinner. "I told your young lady, that she and the baby are welcome to stay as long as she wants", said Boone.

"Are you sure that's what you want to do?", asked Chandar.

"Yes, I need a place to live and I can help Boone with the chores", she said.

When they heard the baby crying.Boone said, "I'll get him".

"I'll put his crib in my bedroom tonight, so you two can be alone", said Boone.

"I think that's a wonderful idea, don't you?", asked Chandar.
"Yes, I do", she answered.

Then Patience relaxed on the bed and Chandar joined her. "Did you know that Boone once had a wife and a son who died from the flu?", said Patience.
"Yes, he told me once, but he doesn't like to talk about it", said Chandar

"I think he'll be a good substitute grandfather for Tanner", she said.

Chandar gave her a romantic kiss.

"Can we do woo hoo?", he asked.

And she said YES!

Patience and Chandar slept together all night.

The next morning, Chandar woke up early. As he was leaving, Patience came out of the cabin.

"I woke up and you were gone", she said, "You can't leave without saying goodbye".

Then she gave him a romantic kiss goodbye

Then he left to go back to the village.

Over at the Indian Village, after staying away all night, Chandar has returned home.

He was greeted by his wife {Pale Moon), "Welcome home my husband".

He gave her a romantic hug and asked her "How much longer before my son is born""

"NOW!", she screamed with pain.

As the pains subsided, Pale Moon delivered a beautiful baby boy. They named their son Chayton (which means Falcon).

Samir watched, as Pale Moon cuddled the infant and handed him to Chandar.

"Here's your first-born son my husband. Now we are a family", she said.

To be continued . . .
Instructor
Original Poster
#34 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 11:45 PM
Default Blood Brothers! Chapter 31

Blood Brothers! Chapter 31

Over at The Indian Village, the friends and family of Balik Sweeney and Gentle Fawn (one of the Cheyenne orphans) are gathered for their wedding.

"Together we will share the responsibilities of the lodge, food and childern. May the Creator bless our union and may we live long", said Balik.
"My commitment to you is to share the responsibility of our lodge, food and childern. I promise to discharge all my share of the responsibilities of the family and the childern", Gentle Fawn said.

"My wife, our love and friendship have become inseparable and firm. We have experienced spiritual union in the Creator. I offer my total self to you and you alone. May our marriage last forever".

"Whatever promises I gave you, I have spoken with a pure heart. I give my total self to you alone. May our marriage last forever".

"Gentle Fawn, by the law of the Creator and the spirits of my honorable ancestors, I have become your husband. I shall never deceive you, nor will I let you down. I promise to love you forever", he said.
"Balik, by the laws of the Creator and the spirits of my honorable ancestors, I have become your wife. I shall never deceive you, nor will I let you down. I promise to love you forever", said Gentle Fawn.

Then Balik gave his bride a romantic kiss.

"When everyone started leaving The Gathering Place, Gentle Fawn said, "Where are they all going?"

They all went. to watch Hala who was about to have her baby.

Hala delivered delivered her and Shardul's second baby boy They named their son Ranjan. (Ranjan means pleasing to the eye).

"I am pleased to have another son", said Shardul, "But maybe you'll get your daughter next time".

"Congratulations my sister", said Nachik, "He's a beautiful son".

"Thank you my brother. I hope YOUR next baby will also be a son", she said.

"Samir, your belly looks as if you might have twins again", said Hita.

"No, I'm going to have a nice big healthy son", said Samir.

Everybody started walking back to The Gathering Place to finish the wedding celebration.

The next morning, Chandar told Pale Moon he was leaving and would return in two days.
"I thought we could spend some time together", she said.

"Your sister and Balik are the newlyweds, not us", answered Chandar.

Then walked away from his responsibilities in The Village. At least for awhile.

To be continued . . .
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 12:15 AM
It's me, or the babies are always boys ?
Instructor
Original Poster
#36 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 7:57 PM
Default Blood Brothers!
Quote: Originally posted by Lady Lily
It's me, or the babies are always boys ?

Seems like the Whitefeather men mostly father boys. Samir had twin girls by Nachik Sweeney. lol
Instructor
Original Poster
#37 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 11:55 PM
Default Blood Brothers! Chapter 32

Blood Brothers! Chapter 32

Down the road at Boone's Place, Patience took Tanner out of his crib and fed him his morning bottle.

When Boone came into the kitchen, Patience said "Today is Tanner's birthday",
"I'll bake him a birthday cake", said Boone, " We can have him a little party today".

After Boone offered to tend to him, Patience handed him the baby and he put the Tanner down for a nap

Suddenly, Patience ran out the front door and greeted Chandar with a romantic hug. "I missed you", she said.
"I missed you, too", he said.

"Today is Tanner's birthday. But you already knew that, didn't you?", she said excitedly.

"Yes, that's why I came back", he said.

When Chandar walked in the door, Boone greeted him with a friendly hug and said, "I'm glad to see you. That lady of yours would have cried her eyes out tonight, if you had forgotten the baby's birthday".

Patience handed Tanner to Chandar. "Your son wants to see you", she said.

Chandar played with the baby until Patience called him to eat. Then he put the baby in his crib.

Patience fixed salmon for the midday meal. "Your lady is becoming quite the cook, ain't she", said Boone.
"Yeah, she is", said Chandar.

"How long are you staying for?", asked Boone,
"Today and most of tomorrow", he answered.
"Good, 'cause you can help hang the fish in the morning", said Boone

Chandar and Patience were playing in the kitchen. She tickled him and made him laugh, showing his fangs. "My what big teeth you have!", she said, jokingly.

"All the better to eat you with!", said Chandar.

"You ain't hardly enough for a good meal", he said.
"With all the good food Boone gives me, it's a wonder I'm not as fat as a pig", she said.

"If you can take tear yourselves away from each other long enough, that boy of yours wants to grow up", laughed Boone.

Chandar brought Tanner to his birthday cake. Chandar helped the baby blow out the cnadles on his cake He did the baby toss and . . .

Tanner returned to his father's arms a toddler.

Tanner Jackson Ellis has black hair, brown eyes and tan skin like his father.

Chandar whispered something to Boone Then he told Patience "Boone says he'll put Tanner to bed tonight".

Since he really enjoyed it, Boone went along with Chandar's request.

"Go to sleep now. Your mama and daddy want some time together", Boone told the toddler.

Then he went to bed himself.

"That certainly was thoughtful of Boone", said Patience.
"Yes, it was", said Chandar

She relaxed on the bed and asked Chandar to join. "Come here", he said.

She looked at him for a few moments, then did as he asked

They cuddled and they madeout .

"I want to do woo hoo with you", he said. And so did Patience. They slept together the rest of the night.

Early the next morning, Boone was up getting Tanner ready for the day. He played with his "adopted grandson".

"It's really nice out here, Boone", said Chandar.

"Lizzy use to bring the boy out here and watch me fish. Those was some of the best days of my life", said Boone.

Patience brought Tanner outside. She was trying to teach him to walk.

"Boone, was your Lizzy to only woman you did woo hoo with? When you were married to her, I mean", said Chandar.
"Yes, I didn't want nobody but her", he said, "I loved Lizzy".

"I love all three of the women I do woo hoo with, but I can't imagine doing it with just one of them for the rest of my life", said Chandar, "I wouldn't want to live that way".

"You have THREE women? Who's the other one besides your wife and your lady over there?', asked Boone.

"She's a friend I grew up with in The Village. Samir has a husband that The Council choose for her, but she and I are lovers", he explained.
"Chandar, I love you like the son I lost, but I can't agree with everything you do", said Boone, "You need to decide which one you want and forget about the others".

"What should I do about the two sons I already have and the one in Samir's belly?", he asked.
"Chandar, I don't have an answer for you. I wish I did", said Boone.

"Chandar, your lady over there gave up a lot to be with you. You do realize that don't you?", Boone asked.
"Yes I know", he said.

"Did you and Boone have a nice conversation?", asked Patience.
"Yes", said Chandar.

"Your mama wouldn't make a good Comanche wife", Chandar told the toddler.
"And why wouldn't she, your son wants to know", said Patience.

"She asks too many questions", said Chandar.

"I need a bath. I smell like fish", he said.

"Well, this little Comanche needs a bottle and a nap", said Patience

Later that afternoon, when Chandar was leaving, he said, "Patience I got something to tell you".
"What is it?", she asked.
"Pale Moon had my son a few days ago", he said.

"Well, she is your wife. I expected that she would want childern with you", said Patience, "What did you name him?"
"His name is Chayton", he said.
"Well, I'm sure he's just as beautiful as his father", she said.

He held her in his arms and gave her a romantic kiss goodbye.

"I'll be back as soon as I can", said Chandar.
"We'll be here", said Patience.

To be continued . . .
Instructor
Original Poster
#38 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 11:47 PM
Default Blood Brothers! Chapter 33

Blood Brothers! Chapter 33

Over at The Ellis Place, Boone came up to the front porch and left a letter for Charity Ellis.

Then he walked away as quietly as he had come.

Charity, always the first one up in the mornings, saw the letter addressed to her. Reconizing the all too familiar handwriting, she grabbed it and hurried back inside.

She began to read . . . My Dearest Sister, I miss you so very much, but I have no other alternative than to live apart from you, Mother and Father. Can you imagine the gossip and embarressment my situation would cause all of us. I'm living with an elderly friend who is a wonderful substitute parent to me and grandfather to my son. Yes, I have a son.

Tanner Jackson Ellis has his father's tan skin, brown eyes and black hair. He's the most beautiful baby in the whole world. Of course, that's just his mama's opinion. Oh, how I wish you could see him.

I love sitting in my rocking chair in the evenings watching him play before bedtime. I'm happier than I ever thought I would be. Until I look at Tanner, I can hardly believe how much time has passed since I left. My son is a toddler already!

I have everything I've always wanted. Chandar comes to stay with us for short visits whenever he can. I know he will never entirely be mine, but while he's here, it's like we are a real honest-to-goodness family. Chandar also has a son by his wife in The Village. Maybe I should feel guilty for the time he spends here, but I don't want to think about that.

I often wonder if you and Horace are married and if you might be looking forward to your own child by now. Please don't let my mistakes, keep you from being happy. I wish things could have been different, but "If wishes were horses, beggers would ride".

Affectionately yours,Patience

Charity quickly hid the letter when her mother came into the room.

"Charity, we need to discuss your marriage to Horace", said Hope, "You've put it off long enough".
"I know Mother, that's why I want to have the wedding this Saturday", said Charity

"But dear, that won't give us enough time to invite all the guests", said Hope.

"Mother, Horace and I just want our families and close friends there", said Charity.
"Alright, if that's what you want", said Hope. 

When Jack came into the bedroom, Hope said, "Charity and Horance are getting married this Saturday".
"Will that give you enough time to get things ready?", he asked.

"She and Horace have decided to have just a small wedding. There's only going to be their families and a few close friends invited", explained Hope.

"What are we going to tell everyone, when they ask why Patience isn't there?", asked Jack.
"We'll tell them she went to live with your elderly aunt in Oaklahoma City", said Hope.

As one day surely follows the next, Saturday arrived. Charity and Horace's wedding was being held at River's Edge Church. The bride's parents, Jack and Hope Ellis were sitting together

The groom's parents, Peggy and Tom Fletcher were sitting together.

Horace Fletcher, the groom stood under the wedding arch and watched . .

His bride, Charity Ellis walk up the aisle.

She joined her groom under the wedding arch.

"I, Charity Ellis, take thee, Horace Fletcher, to be my husband, and before God and these witnesses I promise to be a faithful and true wife".

"I, Horace Fletcher, take thee, Charity Ellis, to be my wife, and before God and these witnesses, I promise to be a faithful and true husband".

"I give you this ring as a symbol of my promise and love", said Charity

"I give you this ring as a symbol of my proise and love", said Horace.

He gave his bride a tender kiss.

"Are you ready to go to our new house?", Horace asked.
"Yes, I can hardly wait to see it", she said. ;Jack Ellis gave Charity and Horace a house for a wedding gift.

The next day, over at The Indian Village,

Hita had come to talk to Samir. "If you promise not to tell anybody I'm in love with Quanah, I won't tell that you're still in love with Chandar", said Hita.

"Hita, I'm married to Nachik now. Any little schoolgirl crush I might have had on Chandar, only exist in your confused mind", shouted Samir, "And everybody in The Village already knows how you feel about Quanah!"

"It's better to want something you can't have than have something you don't want", said Hita.
"You're as crazy as a loon. I refuse to listen to your insane babbling", said Samir.
"You'll be sorry, Miss High and Mighty", Hita thought to herself.

Just as she entered the nursery, Samir started into labor.

"It hurts so much", she said.

But then the pain was forgotten when she saw her baby boy She named her son Tokala, which means fox.

Samir handed her and Chandar's son to Nachik.

When Hita saw Nachik, she said "I suppose you're happy that Samir had a son",.
"Yes, I was hoping for a son to carry on my family name", he said.

"That's so funny", laughed Hita.

"And why do you find that amusing?", asked Nachik.
"Because, by the looks of him, Samir's son isn't a Fisher", she said.

"What do you mean?", asked Nachik, already knowing.
"You got eyes, can't you see?", asked Hita.

Nachik hurried over to The Gathering Place. When he saw Chandar, .ke howled, "Did YOU do woo hoo with MY wife!"

"NO! I have my own wife for THAT!", howled Chandar.

"Then why does the baby look more like you than me?", Nachik howled.

"You're imagining things!", shouted Chandar.
"I'm not the only one who noticed it!", Nachik shouted.

Then Nachik attacked Chandar . . .

When the fight was over, Chandar won!

To be continued . . .

Instructor
Original Poster
#39 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 11:13 PM Last edited by Dsydk11 : 23rd Jan 2017 at 11:31 PM.
Default Blood Brothers! Chapter 34

Blood Brothers! Chapter 34

Over at The Indian Village, babies are born, children grow up and life continues as usual. Some of the women were in The Gathering Place

Marala was in The Gathering Place playing with her grandson Ranjan, who had grown up into a cute toddler a few days ago.

When she put him down, he was off to play with Chandar's son Chayton. They were playing with the Noah's Ark.

Samir came into The Gathering Place.

"Marala would you mind watching the baby for a little while. The twins and Nachik are still asleep and I have something to do", she said.
"Sure, I don't mind", said Marala, "Just put him down on the rug".

Samir put Tokala on the rug with Chayton and Ranjan.

Hala and Pale Moon were sitting on the sofa.

"I wonder what The Council is going to do, now that we have so many more male children than females", said Hala.

"When our people still lived on the plains, the men were allowed to have more than one wife, Maybe The Council should allow the women to have more than one husband. That would be interesting, don't you think?", joled Pale Moon.

"Well, not me", said Hala, "One husband is enough for me".

Meanwhile in the barn . . .

"Chandar, can I join you?", asked Samir.
"Yes, you might as well", he said.

"I'm sorry that Nachik and you got in a fight. He said Hita put the idea in his head about Tokala being your son", she said, "He told me he was sorry".

"All newborn Indian babies look alike. He must have had his doubts before she said anything", said Chandar.
"I really don't think he's smart enough to figure it out on his own", she said.

"I just wanted to feel your arms around me", she said. Then she got up off the haystack.

"I better go, Nachik might wake up and wonder where I am", she said.
"Let me leave first, in case anyone is watching", he said.

After Chandar left Samir, he went over to The Gathering Place and asked Hala if he could join her in a game of chess.
"Yes, sure you can", she said.

After Nachik had met Samir coming out of the barn, she told him she had left the baby with Marala in the Gathering Place. He told her he would get him.
When he entered The Gathering Place, he saw Chandar.

"Were you with MY wife in the barn earlier?", he asked
"NO, I been here playing chess with Hala all morning", said Chandar.
"I better not find out any different", said Nachik.

Nachik carried the baby across the lot to his hut

When Pale Moon came back to The Gathering Place, she gave Chandar a romantic hug when she saw him.
"Come home and relax on the bed with me", she said.
When they got to their hut, they cuddled on the bed.

Chandar gave her a romantic kiss.

They madeout.

"Can I do woo hoo?", he asked and Pale Moon said YES!

"I have to go away tomorrow for a few days ", he said.
"Alright, my husband", she said,"I'll be waiting for your return".

The following afternoon, at Boone's Place, he carried Tanner down the hall into the bathroom and gave him a bath, then put him in his crib for a nap.

"Go to sleep. When you wake up, we'll celebrate your birthday?, he told the toddler.

Patience went to the door when she heard knocking. She was surprised to see Chandar standing there. He grabbed her and gave her a romantic kiss.

She held him in a romantic embrace.

"What happened to your face", she asked, when she saw the scratches and bruise.
"It's nothing. I got in a fight", he said.

"Hey boy, did you win the fight?", asked Boone.
"Yes, I won", he said.

"Has everything been going alright", asked Chandar.
"Yes, everything is fine. It just gets lonesome without you here". said Patience.

"You know if I could, I'd come more often", he said.
"Yes, I know, but that doesn't make it any easier", she said, "You did make it in time for his birthday tonight".

"Tanner's awake", she said, when she heard him calling "Mama'!
"I'll go get him", said Chandar.

"Da da", said Tanner, when he saw Chandar.
"Yes, Da da", said Chandar.

Chandar, Patience and Boone ate toasted cheese sandwiches for supper.

After supper, Chandar brought Tanner to his birthday cake. He helped the toddler blow out the candles.

He put him down on the floor and Tanner did the toddler dance .

Grew up into a cute child. He grabbed a slice of his birthday cake.

He ran over and gave his mama a hug.

And he asked Chandar to play Red Hands

After Tanner was all tuckered out from celebrating his birthday, he went to bed. He was soon sound asleep.

"I feel like Tanner is growing up without me getting to know him", said Chandar.
"He loves you, it's just that he doesn't get to see you that often", said Patience, "Maybe you should spend some time with him; just you and him".

"Right now, I want to spend some time with his mama", said Chandar.

They madeout and Chandar said, "I want to do woo hoo".

And Patience wanted the same.

They slept together the rest of the night.

The next morning Chandar and Tanner walked down by the river. They had the whole afternoon to spend together. They sat on the riverbank and watched the clouds.

"Father, why don't you live here with us?", asked Tanner.

"I'm a Comanche. I live in The Indian Village with my people", answered Chandar.

"So ain't I a Comanche, too?", he asked.
"Yes, you're part-Comanche", said Chandar.
"So, can I go with you to The Indian Village?", asked Tanner.

"No, you must stay here with your Mama", said Chandar, "That's enough questions. Let's go back to the house".

To be continued . . .
Instructor
Original Poster
#40 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 10:03 PM
Default Blood Brothers! Chapter 35

Blood Brothers! Chapter 35

Over at Boone's Place, Patience was fixing salmon for supper. She remembered when she was growing up, salmon was one of her father's favorite dishes. "Supper's ready!", she called.

She served the salmon then sat down and started eating. She was starving and wasn't waiting for the others.
Boone came into the kitchen and grabbed a plate. "These sure do look good", he said.
"Thank you Boone", she said.

Chandar grabbed a plate, sat down and started eating.

"We got salmon AGAIN", said Tanner, "We already had it once this week",

"You should be thankful that you have such good food to eat. Some of our people on the reservations are starving", said Chandar.

"What is a reservation, Father?", Tanner asked.

"They are bad places where the government forced some of our people to live after the white man stole our land", said Chandar.

"It's a shame they're treated so badly", said Patience, "I'm sorry, but I'm so sleepy I can hardly keep my eyes open. I think I need to go to bed".

"Go on ahead. I'll make sure the boy gets to bed alright", said Boone

The next day, Chandar was playing Red Hands with Tanner out in the yard.

Patience started tickling Boone. Chandar watched them play.

"What were you doing?", he asked.
"Your lady was just having fun with an old man", said Boone.

"I'm going inside and rest for a bit", she said.
"I got to be going back to the village today", said Chandar, "I'll be in to say goodbye".

Chandar went to say goodbye to Patience, she said, "I wish you didn't have to leave."
"You know I must get back to the village", he said.

Then he kissed her goodbye.

"Bye, see you next time you come", said Boone.

"Bye Father", said Tanner, giving Chandar a hug.

Then Chandar walked out the front door.

"Goodbye, don't forget to come back", said Tanner

But Chandar was already too far down the road to hear his son.

Over in The Indian Village Hita was tending to her herb garden.

"What's all these plants you're giving such special care to?", asked Mali.
"They're herbs. Did you know there's an herb that will cure every ailment we have?", said Hita.
"Yes, I've always heard that. My mother was a big believer in them", said Mali.

"Ginseng and pumpkin seeds made into a mixture will help Sohan give me a baby", whispered Hita, "I've been putting it in his food".
Herbalist believe that pumpkin seeds and ginseng will cure infertility in men

"You're a sly one, Hita", laughed Mali.
"Shh, don't tell anybody", she said.

"Bye, I'll see you later in The Gathering Place!", called Mali, "Good luck!".

Over in the Gathering Place, Balik told his best friend (Chandar), "I'm going to be a father."
"Congratulations, I knew you could do it", joked Chandar.

"Welcome home, my husband", said Pale Moon, when she saw Chandar

Nachik bring his daughter (Sashi) to her birthday cake.

Everyone joined in the celebration, as he helped her blow out the candles

He placed her on the floor and she begin to grow up

Sashi grew up into a cute child.

Samir brought Sashi's twin sister (Darika) to her birthday cake. She helped the toddler blow out the candles. Samir sat Darika on the floor and . . .

She grew up into a cute child.

Pale Moon and Chandar were leaving to go to their hut.

"Come on Chayton, it's time for you to go to bed", said Chandar.

When they got to their hut, Pale Moon put Chayton in his crib. He was soon sound asleep.

When Pale Moon came to bed, Chandar asked her to cuddle.

"I want to do woo hoo", he said.
And being a good Comanche wife, Pale Moon said YES!

"I love you, Chandar", she said.

"I know you do", he said.

A few days later, Chandar told Pale Moon "I have somewhere I need to go. I'll return in a few days." She has been his wife for nearly fourteen years and knew not to ask where he was going. Comanche women never questioned their husband's actions.

He kissed her goodbye

Then walked out the door of The Meeting Place.

To be continued . . .
Instructor
Original Poster
#41 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 11:02 PM
Default Blood Brothers! Chapter 36

Blood Brothers! Chapter 36

When Chandar left The Village he went to visit Patience Ellis. They have been lovers for the past fourteen years. They have two sons together who live with Patience.

On this particular visit, Chandar's father Quannah had followed him to find out exactly where it was that his son had been going. The pretty blonde white woman in Chandar's arms wasn't what Quannah had expected. He had surprised them when he said "Chandar I want to speak to you alone."

"You have a wife in the village. Why are you here with he?", he asked.
"Yes I have a wife. One who you and the Council forced on me. I love Patience and I want to be here with her and my sons sometimes", he said.

"You have childern with a white woman! Your sons are half-breeds!", howled Quannah.

"They're my sons and your grandsons! Don't call them THAT!", howled Chandar.

"We must obey the Council's laws. It's the Comanche way. You must choose. Either stay here with that white woman or return to your wife and son in the village. If you choose to remain here, you are no longer my son. If you return to the village, we won't speak of this again", he said.
"Can I at least have time to think about it Father?", he asked.
"I'll give you two days to make your decision. You can't be both a Comanche and a white man. You must decide to which world you belong", he said.
Then Quannah left to return to the village.

"Did your father leave already? I was hoping maybe the boys would be able to meet him", said Patience. "He had to go back to the village", said Chandar, "I'm sure he would have liked to meet his grandsons."

That night at supper Tanner asked "Do any of you know what tomorrow is?"

"I think I vaguely remember a little baby boy being born years ago on that date", answered Boone.

"That little baby was ME Boone", said Tanner.

"So that means tomorrow is your birthday", said Chandar.

Later . . . after Boone and the childern were asleep, Patience and Chandar were able to spend some quality time together relaxing on her bed.

"Do you want me?", he asked. "Of course I want you. I've always wanted you", she answered

Afterwards as they lay in bed, Patience asked "Why did your father come here today?"

"You ask too many questions. You wouldn't be a good Comanche wife. Now we need to sleep", he said.

Patience was soon sound asleep. Chandar lay awake until the early hours of the morning thinking about the decision he must make.

The next day Tanner came to his birthday cake. He blew out the candles and . . .

Grow up into a goodlooking teenager who looked a lot like his father.

"I'd like to spend some time with you before I have to leave", said Chandar.
"Sure, I'll be down by the river when you're ready", said Tanner.

"Come join me", said Tanner when he saw Chandar approuching.

"Son you know Boone is getting old and ain't going be around forever. I ain't going to be either", he said, "I need for you to promise me that you'll look after your mama and little brother after me and Boone are gone."
"I'll do my best Daddy', he said.
"Don't ever forget, I love you", said Chandar.

Chandar sit on the fisherman's pier and thought about how to tell Patience of his decision. She had been a big part of his life since he was Tanner's age. He hated to make her unhappy now.

Patience came out of the house and sit down beside Chandar. "What are you thinking so hard about?", she asked.

He got up and stood next to her.
"When my father was here yesterday he told me I must decide whether to stay here with you or return to Pale Moon. He said I can't live in both worlds."

"He wants you to just forget about me and our sons as if we never existed?", she asked.
"If I don't go back today, I can't ever go back. He'll disown me and I'll no longer be considered a Comanche!", he said.
"So that's your decision? You return to your village and forget about me and your sons?", she said.

"I can't give up everything I've known all my life. Being a good Comanche brave has to come first', howled Chandar

"If that's how you feel, then GO! Go home to your wife! I don't need you!", she screamed.

Then Chandar walked away from Patience. She had given him unconditional love and devotion for the past fourteen years. She had given up everything to be with him, but he was unwilling to do the same for her.

Chandar returned to his people in the Indian village where he had lived all his life. Where Pale Moon his good Comanche wife welcomed him home with no questions asked. She loved him and accepted him on his terms. She was the one chosen for him by his father and the Council. She was the one he must love to be a good Comanche.

Chayton welcomed him home with a hug.

He would never forget his other sons, but this son was the future of the village. Chayton would need his example to grow up and be a good Comanche brave.

"Welcome home my son. I'm proud of you", said Quannah.

To be continued . . .
Instructor
Original Poster
#42 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 9:52 PM
Default Blood Brothers! Chapter 37
Blood Brothers! Chapter 37

Blood Brothers! Chapter 37

Over at the Indian village, Chandar was welcomed home by his father Quannah. "I'm proud of you my son", he said.

Chandar and Quannah entered the Gathering Place together and Marala welcomed her youngest son home.

"Well, Chandar is back. I wonder how long he'll stay this time", Hala told Shardul.
"I don't know about my brother, but I would never have left in the first place", said Shardul. .
"We'll lucky that we loved each other when we got married", said Hala. "I can't imagine being with anyone but you", he said.

Mali Sweeney was playing chess with Marala Whitefeather.
Mali Sweeney was playing chess with Marala Whitefeather.
"Quannah gave him a good talking to this time. I don't think he'll be leaving again", said Marala

.Sohan and Hita were chatting about their expected baby. The herbs that she'd been secretly putting in his food finally worked.

Chayton was tickling Samir's son Tokola.

Darika and Ranjan played together with the Noah's Ark. She liked him better than any of the other boys in the village.

Darika's twin sister was chatting with Chayton. She had overheard her parents discussing whether he, Shilah or Ranjan would make a good husband for her. If she were allowed to chose, she would pick him.

"I've missed you", said Pale Moon. "In that case, let's go to our hut", he said.

When they walked into their hut, Chandar picked Pale Moon up in his arms and carried her to their bed.

"Do you want me?", he asked. "Yes, always", she answered.

After they did woo hoo Pale Moon said "I love you Chandar",

"Yes, I know you do", he said.

Pale Moon turned over. She wondered why Chandar never told her he loved her.

Then he after he scooted up close behind her and put his arms around her, it didn't matter if he never said it, only that he showed it.

Balik Sweeney was rubbing his wife Gentle Fawn's pregnant belly. They're expecting their first child before too much longer.
"He's getting big", said Balik. "You better hope it's a girl", she said, "The village needs more girls."

"Is everything alright between you and Pale Moon?", Quannah. asked Chandar.
"She satisfies my needs but even you can't force me to love her", said Chandar.
"Just give it time. You'll learn to love her, just as I learned to love your mother", said Quannah.

All of a sudden Hita started into labor. As the pains suceeded . . .

She delivered her second child and Sohan's first. "It's a girl!", she said.
They named their daughter Kalya, which means praise.

Meanwhile over at Boone's Place, Patience was telling Boone what had happened with Chandar. "His father followed him here. He asked to speak to Chandar alone before he left. I asked Chandar why Quannah had come and he told me I wouldn't make a good Comanche wife because I asked too many questions", she said.
"In other words he didn't what to tell you", said Boone.
"Yes, I suppose so", she said.

"The next morning he was sitting out by the river. He looked so sad, I asked him what was wrong. He told me he had been forced to make a decision. His father told him he would disown him and he would no longer be considered a good Comanche brave if he didn't return to the village. Quannah told Chandar he could no longer live in both worlds", she said.
"So he chose to return to the village and not come back here ever again", said Boone.
"Yes, that was the decision he made. Boone, please don't let the boys know what happened. Today is Aiden's birthday and I don't want to ruin it with bad news", she said.
"You know you'll have to tell them one day soon", said Boone.
"Yes, I will but not today", she said.

After supper Patience brought Aiden to his birthday cake.
"It's time for you to grow up into a big boy", she said.
She helped him blow out the candles

She placed him on the floor. He did "the toddler dance".

Aiden grew up into a cute child.

He asked Tanner to play Red Hands and Tanner won.

Then he grabbed Aiden and gave him a "noogie".

"Goodnight sweetheart and happy birthday", said Patience.

"Mama, what's wrong?", asked Tanner.
"There's nothing wrong. What makes you think something's wrong?", she asked.
"Mama, you've been on the verge of tears ever since Daddy left", he said.

"He told me this morning that he and Boone weren't going to be here forever. He asked me to take care of you and Aiden. I promised I would do my best", said Tanner.
"Your father returned to his village. He won't be coming back", she said, "I'm sorry but it wasn't anything I could do to change his mind."

"Oh no!", she said.
To be continued . . .
Page 2 of 2