Replies: 24191 (Who?), Viewed: 646644 times.
Page 968 of 968
Space Pony
#24176 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbesED
The Relations Adjuster of the Insimenator allows you to set or clear the Sim's, the target's or their mutual flags for Friends and Best Friends (as well as Love, Crush and Enemies) but I don't know if it works for BFF flags.

I have Insimenator but don't see an option to remove the BFF flags. Maybe I have an older version. I'll download Simblender and try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspiredzone
Yes, SimBlender lets you remove BFF flag from relationships. But I think it automatically comes back over time as long as you're best friends with each other. You'd need something like Pescado's BFFs are for 12s to remove it permanently.

What IS the purpose of BFFs, besides the inside joke interaction? I don't mind it enough to remove it, I just don't understand. And that flag is like herpes, it stays forever. I have a sim who is still BFF with his ex-wife, despite their short and long term relationship score being 10.

This is why I remove the flags. I don't like my sims being BFF's with sims they fall out with or their current enemies.

|| Currently Playing: Beginning of Strangetown by Marka93 ||
There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Theorist
#24177 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 6:20 AM
Field Researcher
#24178 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 4:23 PM
Okay, so, there's this fear for Family sims, right?

Do you think this would be realized if a widow would age up to elder? The want says "never married", but a widow is technically unmarried, but they were married at one point, so they aren't technically "never married", but I'm not sure if the game is smart enough to check that... am I just thinking too much about this?
Screenshots
Scholar
#24179 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 7:39 PM
You know, Idk if it would. I think it would trigger for widows, though, considering Brandi Broke rolls that all the time in my game. But test it out.

My question: Is it possible to recategorize an item as a build-mode awning? I've got a few awnings clogging up my curtains tab and I'd really like to put them in the awning section, but I can't find the number for it and I don't think you can clone awnings, right? So I can't check it that way. Anyone know if someone figured this out?

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO
XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Help 4 Creating An Aging Mod |Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | Kelyns on other forums
Mad Poster
#24180 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 8:18 PM
^^... I have never seen that fear in my game. I guess my sims tend to always marry. Or at least never get to the point where they are old enough to get that fear (being eternally young as adults, age-wise).

Phantomknight, have you tried cloning an awning and seeing if it has a number you can use? Was going to suggest the OBJD tutorial, but awnings are the only ones not listed, so it doesn't help much...
Scholar
#24181 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 8:50 PM
Yeah, that was my first instinct, but from what I've read, you can't clone awnings. Idk if that's changed over the years, though. The posts I found about it are years old.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO
XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Help 4 Creating An Aging Mod |Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Mad Poster
#24182 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 9:43 PM Last edited by simmer22 : Yesterday at 12:40 AM.
Are there downloadable awnings?
Mad Poster
#24183 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 9:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomknight
Yeah, that was my first instinct, but from what I've read, you can't clone awnings. Idk if that's changed over the years, though. The posts I found about it are years old.

I just put mine in the architecture tab (subsort: 4096) - it at least got them out of decos...

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Scholar
#24184 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 11:37 PM
Oh, there's an idea, CatherineTCJD; thanks! And simmer22, yes. I'm trying to recategorize Windkeeper's and Veranka's awnings.

ETA: Just realized I might have read your comment the wrong way, simmer22. There are awnings sorta like curtains, that come in pieces you can put on the wall--that's what Windkeeper's and Veranka's are. But custom ones that behave like the game's awnings, where you can draw a box--no. I don't think that's possible (or at least I've never seen it) cuz again, I don't think awnings are clone-able.

Mad Poster
#24185 Old Yesterday at 10:55 PM
Does compressing your files help load times? Or does it only save disk space? I have plenty of disk space. 3TB among two drives.

♫Let's get retarded in here. Ooohhooo. Fo' shizzie. Yeehaw.♫
Mad Poster
#24186 Old Yesterday at 11:22 PM
Not sure if it helps on loading times, but it could potentially help on pink-flashing and memory/RAM when it comes to texture compression - not 100% sure on that one, though. More like "it couldn't hurt"...
Top Secret Researcher
#24187 Old Today at 12:16 AM
Why do some cc bookshelves not show up in community lots? I wanted a shorter bookshelf for a library but it just doesn't appear, but does in residential lots.
Field Researcher
#24188 Old Today at 12:25 AM
so I know you can organize where hair's appear in bodyshop can you do the same with sims?
Scholar
#24189 Old Today at 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yavannatw
Why do some cc bookshelves not show up in community lots? I wanted a shorter bookshelf for a library but it just doesn't appear, but does in residential lots.

The community lot catalog sort is different than the home lot catalog sort, for an object to show up there it has to be specifically enabled for it. So probably the creator just didn't bother to enable it.
Mad Poster
#24190 Old Today at 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yavannatw

Not all bookshelves are enabled for community lots. You can fix this in SimPE by opening a package file of said bookcase, go to the Object Data (OBJD) and then find "0x0064: Community Sort" in the plugin view and change the hexidecimal value to one of these: https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...#Community_Sort

I usually do 0x0080 and that puts it in the Misc section.

♫Let's get retarded in here. Ooohhooo. Fo' shizzie. Yeehaw.♫
Top Secret Researcher
#24191 Old Today at 4:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarVee
Not all bookshelves are enabled for community lots. You can fix this in SimPE by opening a package file of said bookcase, go to the Object Data (OBJD) and then find "0x0064: Community Sort" in the plugin view and change the hexidecimal value to one of these: https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...#Community_Sort

I usually do 0x0080 and that puts it in the Misc section.

Thanks, HarVee, that worked a treat.
Mad Poster
#24192 Old Today at 6:35 AM
Is there a way of making neighborhood decorations show up further away in lot view? If you have neighborhood decorations on, the game will show neighborhood decorations that are close by, but if you have the view distance maximized, lots of neighborhood decoration (trees most particularly) stop appearing about midway out, and it kind of ruins the effect of a place like Three Lakes where you need the forest for the mountains to really look right.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Page 968 of 968