Replies: 9158 (Who?), Viewed: 453017 times.
Page 367 of 367
Lab Assistant
#9151 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 11:44 PM
If an evil witch comes to your business, you can ask her to leave before she curses the lot. She'll just shake your hand and fly off.
Screenshots
Space Pony
#9152 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 12:35 AM
I had a toddler play with one of the toddler-specific toys and then his parent sat down on the floor to help and play with him. I feel like with all my years of playing this shouldn't be the first time that happened, but I can only remember seeing it with the doll house.

I am Error.
Field Researcher
#9153 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 11:32 AM
I play the Sims 2 for almost 7 years and up until last night I had never seen that in my game, I didn't even know that it could happen! One toddler drinking her bottle and the other trying to "steal" it! What else is there to find out about this masterpiece of a game???
The black-haired toddler is Dawn Curious (I totaly "borrowed" her name from Pleasant Sims' Strangetown stream ) and she is Pascal's daughter, the " bottle-thief" is Vidcund's daughter. I was trying for the first time to use a custom PT (because Maxis default PT was the cause for "monster" sims to be born in my game!) and Vincund had freaking twins, at least they are not as "fugly" as they could be if their "father" was Maxis-PT. What caught me by surprise, though, was that Vincund's daughter wasn't even hungry when she stole Dawn's bottle and IIRC she has the most "nice" personality points between the 2 of them but she did that anyway
Screenshots
Space Pony
#9154 Old 4th May 2021 at 12:48 AM
That sims can roll wants to encourage specific traits in others. PT9 wanted to encourage laziness in his son.

I am Error.
Forum Resident
#9155 Old 4th May 2021 at 10:34 AM Last edited by sugoisama : 4th May 2021 at 6:59 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glowstarsinajar
If an evil witch comes to your business, you can ask her to leave before she curses the lot. She'll just shake your hand and fly off.

I'm at least 3% sure that's how Sleeping Beauty's story started

Also, my discoveries:
- Apparently one of the mourning choices for sims is to stomp angrily. I guess it could be understandable when it's an untimely death, but I found this when elder Corey Oakley died of old age and his widow Helen started stomping angrily when I had her mourn at his urn.
- If my experiences are not mistaken, YA and adult sims (maybe just popularity ones?) will generally roll a very first woohoo want if they throw a party. Maybe this works for teens with first kisses too? Or maybe this is just a coded thing in the throw party want tree? Anyway, I found it useful to know how to force these kinds of things.
Lab Assistant
#9156 Old Yesterday at 1:38 AM
Sims cannot go bowling if they're in a bad mood. Also, they'll tell you this even if free will is on and they chose to do it themselves.
Theorist
#9157 Old Yesterday at 3:54 AM
Does bowling build a skill? If so, that's probably why. I've never actually taken them bowling before, though, so I actually don't know.
Mad Poster
#9158 Old Yesterday at 4:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrellyn
Does bowling build a skill? If so, that's probably why. I've never actually taken them bowling before, though, so I actually don't know.

Yes, it builds body skill.
Scholar
#9159 Old Today at 2:20 AM
I have just started staggering the ages of my starter families rather than having them all start at the beginning of their life stages. My oldest starting sim had the family aspiration and only 11 days until he aged up. When he got to 9 days, he rolled this fear:

“grow old without having ever gotten married”

Awwww..... poor guy! Luckily, he got met his soulmate that very round.
Page 367 of 367