Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 4:25 AM
I like that we have a wide span of ages, but I appreciate more that there are others over 40 here, it's nice to say something and have someone your own age know what you are talking about! Or just make jokes about chasing kids of the lawn. In fact * grabs stick* "get the heck of my lawn!"

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 4:36 AM
When I first played TS1 shortly after it came out, my sim-self was a child... now in TS2, my sim-self is an adult.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Scholar
#28 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 4:56 AM
I'm 23 but I think the age of forum members stretches across the whole spectrum
Forum Resident
#29 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 5:01 AM
I'm probably one of the youngest ones that hangs around the TS2 forums - I won't say my age, but I'll just say that I'm graduating high school in June of next year.

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth."

- Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

My Simblr | Hadi Family Tree
Mad Poster
#30 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 5:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
How is it an estimate when everyone's saying how old they are? Can't we guess?

Okay, how old do you think I am then? XD
Link Ninja
#31 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 6:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
Hello fellow 29 year old simmer! :-D Though I will turn 30 in May.....

Yes! Hello back You can understand the experience with maybe trying to not let Sims 2 distract you while in school>.< If you were a responsible student you didn't start playing till after. I was not responsible.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Forum Resident
#32 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 6:13 AM
More 29 years olds! We're winning!
Scholar
#33 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 6:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
How is it an estimate when everyone's saying how old they are? Can't we guess?

Guess all you want, friend... I've already given a clue in another thread, and my avatar (real life picture of me) may help. I'm prolly among the elders here.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 7:32 AM
The Sims taught me how to read practically lol. Turned 18 exactly 1 month ago (well in another half hour it'll be over a month)
Mad Poster
#35 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 8:02 AM
I am 58.

When the first personal computers arrived in my country, I was in my early twenties. My boss at the time liked technology. One morning, there was this box on my desk when I arrived for work. He bought three computers and one was for me! He told me to read the instructions and learn to use it. (No CD drives - I had to read it). So I learned to use it, all by myself, and by the second night I could play a tune on the keybord (Now, if I were born later, I could have been a complete computer geek). And when something like Windows 10 comes along and I succeed getting my Sims 2 to run on it - it makes me feel good (and I remember that first pc, which is probably scrap now but should have been standing on a display of milestones in my life)!

Never looked back and did not turn into a programming wizzard - but I can out-pc a lot of people in my age group (who are mostly only using facebook and e-mail). So people of my age - most are not into pc games. I am, compliments of my children and their friends, who, I believe, keep my young at heart.
Scholar
#36 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 8:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
I feel like younger people (13-25) have most likely moved on to Sims 3 and maybe even then Sims 4. All my real life friends who play Sims play 3.

Excuse me! I'm almost as old as the game itself, here! Hooray for Ather and I!

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 9:10 AM
52 (going on 15...), and yet another single never married no kids. But what strikes me is the way the age range doesn't really show up in the discussions here. The oldies don't come across as all that old, nor the youngsters as terribly young. Ages are for tombstones, and we're alive and kicking.
Scholar
#38 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 9:25 AM
That's one of the nicer aspects of the Simming community, indeed: not much of an age gap, or age awareness amongst us. Everyone is simply a simmer, a like-minded individual with the same affliction/addiction
Test Subject
#39 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 9:49 AM
I'm more of a lurker than anything else here, so you probably don't know me, but I felt like adding to the pool of youngsters. I am 24, got into simming at around 10 with TS1, never went further than TS2 (3 and 4 never appealed to me).
I guess this thread is a nice opportunity to say hi, so... hello everyone!
Field Researcher
#40 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 9:56 AM
Yeah, hello
If I had a self-sim, she would be a young adult, sophomore/junior (I'm halfway my university education), biology major if played with no CC
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#41 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 10:18 AM
I'll be 50 in 22 days. 21 days? One of those two, lol. But I'm really just a big kid so age is just a number, no matter how old I actually feel some days.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 11:09 AM
Quite interesting that out of all the Sims versions, Sims 2 is the one with a relatively older userbase. I wonder why that is.
I'm one of the young ones, I'm 19.
Test Subject
#43 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 11:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Carooh
Quite interesting that out of all the Sims versions, Sims 2 is the one with a relatively older userbase. I wonder why that is.
I'm one of the young ones, I'm 19.

Because young people have no taste?
Field Researcher
#44 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 11:43 AM
@Soukizini, do not lurk, I am 24 too!

When I first played TS1 on my childhood friend's computer, I threw a big baby tantrum because "Why don't I have it too, dad?! I want to play with the red dress lady!"
Field Researcher
#45 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 12:20 PM
Add me to Team Coffin Dodger. I'm 44. I feel old when I see people reminiscing about their childhood memories of TS1 - it came out the year my youngest child was born!
Mad Poster
#46 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 12:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Carooh

I imagine that's because a lot of players were teens/adults when Sims 1 came out, and then got carried over to sims 2, or had children around that age and started playing because of them.
Sims 3 and 4 are too modern for me... I tried Sims 4 a few months ago, and my child sim owns a phone and takes selfies, and all their clothing are too... similar to me. All my sims looked like typical 'hipsters'.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#47 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 12:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by klapaucius
Add me to Team Coffin Dodger. I'm 44. I feel old when I see people reminiscing about their childhood memories of TS1 - it came out the year my youngest child was born!

I was busy throwing up while pregnant with my daughter when sims 1 came out. Hubby bought it for my birthday.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#48 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 12:49 PM
I was an adult when TS1 came out and not a newly minted one. I didn't like the game at first because 'nothing happened' and although I stuck with it, I spent more time on strategy games and my favorite SimCity. When TS2 was released, most of the forums I hung out in were not particularly child friendly and the cc produced seems, in retrospect, to have been for an older audience. It's interesting to see such diversity in age, and I'm going to admit reassuring to know I'm not the only older person to still be enthusiastically involved. The older women I know use computers only for facebook and think I ought to grow up. Too late!
Theorist
#49 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 12:55 PM
Well, I am not ashamed to say I am one of those rare things...a female gamer who just turned 50! I've always loved video games since the days of Pong and the original Space Invaders, Pitfall Harry...I grew up with "arcades" and had a pathetic Tandy computer I could never figure out. At college we were sponsored by IBM so we had a computer lab with mainframe computers for "word processing" and "emailing people in the room" back in the mid 80s.

I had a Super NES or whatever in 1995 and once we got a PS1 from a friend years ago, my son and I have been playing videogames together since he was 3 or 4 years old. Our favorite used to be Jax and Daxter or the original Spyro. I've been a Simmer since 2001 or so.

My son is now nearly 18 and we still play videogames (Wii U) nearly every day together.

I'll be gaming till I am an old, old person I hope! My husband is NOT a gamer and cannot understand it but I love it...I'm looking forward to VR and more technological advances in gaming.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#50 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 12:56 PM
Bah Facebook.

~Call me Jo~
Page 2 of 15