Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
In fact * grabs stick* "get the heck of my lawn!"

Oh no, here come the special brownies and the derailing

I'll be 27 this month. Nothing like an age discussion in Sims 2 community to make you feel like a baby even though you're technically grown up
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 2:06 PM
I am 32, ts2 was a gift for my 24th bday
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Soukizini
Because young people have no taste?

They have a different taste, I guess.
The newer games are made on purpose to be attractive to a younger audience. Same reason the music industry is spewing all those baby "singers" and boys bands. I really can't remember where it was from but I remember a study establishing that above 11 years old, the audience was too likely to be able to "illegally acquire" stuff, shall we say, so they are aiming children on purpose.
It's obvious enough in the TS4 graphic aesthetics which, to me, look like something from a cartoon for little children. I'm not bashing TS4 here, I've never played it, I don't know how good or bad it is. Just saying the cutesy, polished, 3D cartoony look of it, the exaggerated goofy constant smiling, the grimaces, the bright colours, the wrong body proportions, all that does make me not ever want to play it.
Which is fine! I'm not ranting by the way^^
Scholar
#54 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 2:33 PM
My hubby gave me TS1 Hot Date as an engagement present. Despite hating any kind of game (board game, cards, computer games) himself. He doesn't understand why I love games, but respects that our interests are different. Now that's true love!

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Mad Poster
#55 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 2:52 PM
Almost 58. My birthday is next month. (Just about the same age as justpetro ... imagine that! )

Whenever I think about my age and what an old fart I am, I remember my father's response, "Consider the alternative."

Actually, I do really, really like the age range for us Sims 2 and Sims 3-ers, particularly here. I prefer forums where we're NOT all around the same age.

But wait ... the OP wrote that we're mostly adults? I didn't say I was an adult ... just an old fart.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Inventor
#56 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 3:07 PM
So happy to be playing a game that entertains such a wide age range! I'm 27 myself and have played the game since TS1 first came out. Guess I was around 11-12..
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 3:22 PM
I'm 22. The next time somebody whines "You're too old to play The Sims series!" I'll just give them this link the idea that people should stop enjoying what they love after a certain age is ridiculous anyway.
By the way, I really enjoy reading sim stories written by people who are more mature than I am :lovestruc usually their characters are far more complex and believable than anything I'd ever write.
Scholar
#58 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
But wait ... the OP wrote that we're mostly adults? I didn't say I was an adult ... just an old fart.

^^THAT^^!! totally!!!
Mad Poster
#59 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
Almost 58. My birthday is next month. (Just about the same age as justpetro ... imagine that! )

Whenever I think about my age and what an old fart I am, I remember my father's response, "Consider the alternative."

Actually, I do really, really like the age range for us Sims 2 and Sims 3-ers, particularly here. I prefer forums where we're NOT all around the same age.

And I will drink to that
Instructor
#60 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 4:03 PM
turned 39 last feb-I started with TS1 was in 2000 honestly i had no idea what i was going into... 16years 4 generations of the game later and I still do not get a clue...

I am Brazilian but I live in Switzerland!!!!
Call me Paula if you want :)
My Tumblr =)
Forum Resident
#61 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 4:19 PM
It's great to see that people of so many different ages enjoy playing and discussing The Sims 2 I'm 21 and have been on-and-off playing sims for roughly fourteen years.

I am Error.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 4:28 PM
I started playing the Sims when sims 1 came out and I was in my forties then. I didn't start playing The Sims 2 untill about 2010 (wish I had started it sooner). So I'm in my sixties and an elder here. Oh, and I still have The Sims 1 installed on this computer to look at every now and then. Some of your ages here have caught me off guard I must say. The age range is good though and says allot about the game. In a good way.
Forum Resident
#64 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
It's amazing how humans can live so long now. It would be nice if there is a real elixir of life to turn back the clock, but then that will override death. Death is not a terrifying thing, if you consider that there are babies born every day. By dying, you allow new people to replenish the old people. And if it weren't for burials in isolated containers or cremations, then the body would be food for all our microscopic friends!

Today I had a dentists appointment, which ended in a big arguement. Come back to find that Windows 10 has messed up my sims game. I come here looking for happy sim cheer, and now I'm told to look forward to becoming fish food.

I hope things improve a little bit this afternoon..
Test Subject
#65 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 5:23 PM
Brand new to these forums and 21 years old so I guess I'm one of the youngins, surprisingly!
Scholar
#66 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 5:57 PM
Good to see more people in their mid 20's in here. And older of course too!
Turned 24 last february. Playing The Sims (1 and 2) since 2001... thanks to my ex best friend.
Scholar
#67 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 6:01 PM
I began playing TS1 at the age of 3, with my aunties. :3

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Link Ninja
#68 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 6:15 PM
Maybe this age thing is a correlation to the "Sims 2 community is like a fine wine and gets better with age" sentiment I saw on simsecret a few weeks back.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Forum Resident
#69 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 6:24 PM
Darn. I think this thread was well-needed; people who I thought were in their 40's are actually only a few years older than me. And then the people I thought who were a few years older than me, turns out they're the ones in their 40's!

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth."

- Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

My Simblr | Hadi Family Tree
Theorist
#70 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 6:34 PM
I always was under the impression that members here were 40+.
If you wanted to I'll let you estimate my age. ;-)
Mad Poster
#71 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 6:46 PM
According to the pic you have to be a very cute toddler
Instructor
#72 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 6:57 PM
I thought I was almost the only one in his 20s lol. Nice to see people of all ages here.
I'm 26. My first Sims game was 1, at my little brother's computer, when I was about 12-14 years old, I guess. It was more my game than his. Now he doesn't play any Sims game anymore, and I'm still playing - with lots of breaks, good and bad breaks, but after every break the fun is back into the game.
Theorist
#73 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 6:58 PM
@Justpetro

Oh yeah! I'm a gifted toddler.
Theorist
#74 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 7:01 PM
I don't understand why only "kids" are supposed to like the Sims series? Maybe it's a novelty when you're a kid but as you get older, you realize that you can totally control this world. I never would have been able to learn how to use Paint Shop/photo editing programs without my (sometimes) need to make all my Sims unique clothing. It runs in tandem with my real life (sometimes) hobby of sewing Barbie clothes.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Link Ninja
#75 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TychoH
I thought I was almost the only one in his 20s lol. Nice to see people of all ages here.
I'm 26. My first Sims game was 1, at my little brother's computer, when I was about 12-14 years old, I guess. It was more my game than his. Now he doesn't play any Sims game anymore, and I'm still playing - with lots of breaks, good and bad breaks, but after every break the fun is back into the game.

That was my experience too, my little sister is 5 years younger and was all about the sims while I hung around and watched, then played and ended up taking her games. She doesn't play anymore but I have been for the past decade in phases.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Page 3 of 15