Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Simple PlantSim Trait

by jackboog21 Posted 25th May 2016 at 1:23 AM - Updated 15th Feb 2021 at 4:40 PM by jackboog21

51 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 32 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 25th May 2016 at 1:32 AM
THIS IS AMAZING!!!Thank you! I've been trying to make traits myself. :P
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th May 2016 at 2:54 AM
YES! THIS IS BRILLIANT!! Thank you so much!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 25th May 2016 at 7:43 AM
wow, awesome, my plant Sims are back! Thankyou
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#5 Old 25th May 2016 at 1:18 PM
I didn't even know the ice cream could do that! And I always liked Plantsims. Cheers for this.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 25th May 2016 at 6:40 PM
This is awesome, but is there a chance the game is going to end up generating a random number of sims with the trait?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th May 2016 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tamas
This is awesome, but is there a chance the game is going to end up generating a random number of sims with the trait?

Yes, you may find a few townies that are PlantSims as the trait can appear at random.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 25th May 2016 at 7:29 PM
Very cool mod/trait! Sad that I'm playing the Sims in German and I can't translate Text Strings :'(
Field Researcher
#9 Old 25th May 2016 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jackboog21
Yes, you may find a few townies that are PlantSims as the trait can appear at random.

Okay.. well, I think this is cool enough to try anyways. If I get too many PlantSims, I'll figure out from there what to do, lol. Thank you, again!

aka Dominie aka Kim.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 26th May 2016 at 1:44 AM
you're a good person i love you a lot for this, thank you very much <3
Test Subject
#11 Old 26th May 2016 at 2:15 AM
Default well...
Quote: Originally posted by bsantoss
you're a good person i love you a lot for this, thank you very much <3

you could always remove the mod if you get too many plant sims walking around town :P
Test Subject
#12 Old 26th May 2016 at 2:21 AM
if you have a plant sim, does he get food from being in the sunlight? I've never played the other Sims games in the franchise, just the 4th one, so I don't know
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 26th May 2016 at 3:20 AM
I have a feeling that EA/Maxis is going to add real plantsims down the track (yes, despite the temporary ones), I've seen so many mods that added things to the game that EA ended up adding anyway (maybe they saw those mods?), such as lockable doors, tragic clown unlocked, grilled cheese aspiration, etc. etc. But This is good for now, especially if EA does not add real plantsims.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th May 2016 at 5:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mozziman
if you have a plant sim, does he get food from being in the sunlight? I've never played the other Sims games in the franchise, just the 4th one, so I don't know

No, the mod isn't complex enough to do that.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#15 Old 26th May 2016 at 11:48 AM
Now I no longer regret buying Cool Kitchen Stuff
Field Researcher
#16 Old 26th May 2016 at 1:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mozziman
you could always remove the mod if you get too many plant sims walking around town :P

Or, I'll use a cheat and remove the trait from the ones I don't want to have it...and/or delete some of them from the game.

aka Dominie aka Kim.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 27th May 2016 at 4:49 AM
Awesome mod that brings more of what we loved about TS3 to TS4 I enjoying it. Only thing I would like to see is the option to be green and grow leaves forever. All that aside thanks man, dope mod!
Forum Resident
#18 Old 27th May 2016 at 5:09 PM
My game was working perfectly as always and I added this trait. I added nothing else. Right away I had problems as I kept getting stuck Sims. I have had Sims 4 since it first came out and have never had a stuck Sim before. I removed the trait and no more stuck Sims. No idea why this should happen but I thought I'd better mention it in case it happens to someone else.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 27th May 2016 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kampffenhoff
My game was working perfectly as always and I added this trait. I added nothing else. Right away I had problems as I kept getting stuck Sims. I have had Sims 4 since it first came out and have never had a stuck Sim before. I removed the trait and no more stuck Sims. No idea why this should happen but I thought I'd better mention it in case it happens to someone else.

I'm not sure why that would be happening, I'm having no problems in my own game. How many sims did you have? How many were PlantSims? Are you able to click on your sims? And does this happen when you invite PlantSims over from other households when yours has none?

If it's being caused by the trait, there's a chance it could be Buff and Trait Factory's fault or just the settings I set. I have had similar problems in the vanilla game in the past, so there's always the chance it's not the trait.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 28th May 2016 at 8:22 AM
I had two plant sims in a family of 5. I made the family in CAS and added the trait to two of them and gave them green hair. I moved them into a lot. I made them both start gardening. One of them got stuck right away and just stood motionless in the yard. Reset sim didn't work on him. I had to close the game and when I went back he was unstuck but then the other plant Sim got stuck in the house.

I tried another family and had similar problems. I sent one of them to dig near the house and he dug, got nothing and then got stuck. Again, reset sim didn't work and neither did saving and going back to the game. This time even closing and reloading didn't help, so I gave up and removed the trait.

I played for a while and had no more stuck sims which I have never ever had before, so I concluded it was the trait. Other sims didn't get stuck by the way, only the plant ones.

Must add that adding custom traits to my game in the past always caused exception files. So this was the only additional trait I had, and, sure as fate, it also caused exception files so maybe it is the program used to make the traits rather than the individual traits themselves. The exceptions didn't interfere with the game at all but I don't like them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 28th May 2016 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kampffenhoff
Must add that adding custom traits to my game in the past always caused exception files. So this was the only additional trait I had, and, sure as fate, it also caused exception files so maybe it is the program used to make the traits rather than the individual traits themselves. The exceptions didn't interfere with the game at all but I don't like them.

Exception files? I'm not quite sure what you mean.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 28th May 2016 at 7:08 PM Last edited by kampffenhoff : 28th May 2016 at 7:19 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by jackboog21
Exception files? I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Last exception text documents. They appear in your Sims 4 documents folder. They only appear in mine when I have custom traits in my mods folder. Other people seem to get them for other reasons. They don't interfere with game play. I think they might be connected with Python and maybe are caused by errors in mods. Not sure though. Must add that I was under the impression that the Buff and Trait factory needed updating, but perhaps it has been now, I haven't checked.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 31st May 2016 at 7:39 PM
love this thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 2nd Jun 2016 at 8:05 AM
I also had the issue with stuck sims. None were in the active family I was playing, but I know at least 1 townie generated with it. My sims would simply stand there for hours. I started a club gathering, and all the sims did their club activities for 30 sim minutes or so, and then everyone on the lot just stood there. I took them back home, they could move around and do things for 10 sim minutes, and were stuck again. Removed the mod and the issue went away.

No longer uploading at MTS2.
For all new content, visit http://community.livejournal.com/java_creations/
Test Subject
#25 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 10:58 AM
I think this mod might be incompatable with the latest update (PC Version 1.19.28.1010)

I created a PlantSim but whenever she goes to the toilet, she never gets up from it and I have to cancel it manually.

If I get a chance I'll do some more testing, but I thought you'd like to know.
Page 1 of 3