Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Thin Book Tuning Fix

by Menaceman44 Posted 28th May 2016 at 5:07 PM - Updated 19th Mar 2023 at 10:13 PM by Menaceman44 : File Update

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 28th May 2016 at 5:36 PM
Nice! Another detail person at work :-) Thank you.
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#3 Old 28th May 2016 at 7:47 PM
Very "handy." Nice "touch." Okay, I'll stop with the puns. Thanks for this.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 28th May 2016 at 10:52 PM
Thank you for fixing this !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 29th May 2016 at 3:03 AM
Obviously there's a lot of bugs in a life sim but with how many staff EA employs you'd think at least one would notice things like this. It's good we have dedicated modders to fix the issues big and small that arise. Thanks for this.
Smeg Head
#6 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 3:35 AM
How did the Object Tuning XMLs for these fare after June patch? Did they also get hit with the debug recoding malarkey?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 12:38 PM Last edited by Menaceman44 : 6th Jun 2016 at 1:01 PM.
To be honest I haven't checked yet as this fix is still functioning as intended.

ETA: Just took a look and it would seem they have had the debug and Set As Head bits added to the Super Affordances but I can't find any other new bits of code mentioning the Human value. So I guess an update is required but isn't urgent.

ETA 2: Updated!

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Field Researcher
#8 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 2:46 AM
I found an issue with this mod.

With this mod installed, i can't shift click and delete books on the floor. Without this mod, i can shift click and delete.
I have other mods so i'm not sure if any of these are causing a conflict, i didn't test for that.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 26th Jun 2016 at 1:55 PM
thank you
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 11:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zennia
I found an issue with this mod.

With this mod installed, i can't shift click and delete books on the floor. Without this mod, i can shift click and delete.
I have other mods so i'm not sure if any of these are causing a conflict, i didn't test for that.

Any books or just the thin ones this mod fixes? If the option has stopped for all books then it isn't this mod causing it.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 9:01 PM
Thanks for updating, it is appreciated! Just wanted to let you know the updated mod will not override the old one due to the spelling of tuning. :-)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 11:19 PM
Thanks Etta01 for pointing that out. I just noticed it myself and have reuploaded the file with the correct filename to overwrite the old one. Sorry about that.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 2:48 AM
Thanks for fixing so quick!! :-)
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 6:53 PM
Is this obsolete?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 1:56 PM
Nope. Just double checked in my game and it's still needed.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 10:47 PM
I can confirm that this mod is still required and still working for the 1.40 Jungle Adventure patch.

Test Subject
#17 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 11:05 AM
Hey, just to let you know, this seems to be broken in Seasons. Whenever I'd pick the 'Read...' option on a bookcase it'd just give me an LE and doesn't bring up the picker. I did 50/50 and this was the culprit.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 11:30 AM
Thanks for the report.
I can confirm that I will need to update this mod.
Thank you also very much for explaining what the issue was an not simply posting "This is broken".

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 12:24 PM
Now updated for Seasons. Please redownload and replace the old file.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 8:43 PM
Thank you for the update. I was just about to remove it because of Errors. Great work
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 10:46 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 6:16 AM
This was driving me nuts.

How does EA _not_ check the "fixes" category on Sims mod sites and incorporate them? 🙄
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 6:42 PM
I have now updated the file to include all the Flower Arranging skill books from Seasons as well as the level 1 Acting skill book from Get Famous.

With this update I have also removed the options for Klepto Sims to swipe and return books as this is a change that has been made by EA to all other books. As I don't know why the change has been made I felt it best to fall in line with what they have done.

Instructor
THANKS POST
#24 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 10:25 PM
Great Job :)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 8:58 PM Last edited by Menaceman44 : 19th Jun 2019 at 9:37 PM.
This mod is working fine with the Island Living patch.

Page 1 of 2