Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 8:04 PM Last edited by Letcupcake : 22nd Sep 2016 at 5:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by littlesunshine123xx
what are we scoring exactly?

Can spouses have jobs and what jobs are available at the beginning if so?

I am a bit confused with the titles, in the challenge does our founder start as gentleman and then have to buy each title or do they start as Duke and work there way up?

Can someone please answer this???
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 4:46 PM
I am a bit confused with the titles, in the challenge does our founder start as gentleman and then have to buy each title or do they start as Duke and work there way up.

I myself am confused about this. Do you start out as King, or just as a gentleman?

Farley Farm - After running away in highschool with her boyfriend Hank, Odelia goes back to her childhood home after her father’s death. How will Meredith cope living with her grandmother? How will Rosena cope with her daughter’s return?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 29th Sep 2016 at 5:53 AM
Sorry, work's been running me ragged recently.

Your founder starts as a Duke upon purchase of the first statue. Other characters start as Gentlemen.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 29th Sep 2016 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VT45
Sorry, work's been running me ragged recently.

Your founder starts as a Duke upon purchase of the first statue. Other characters start as Gentlemen.

THANK YOU
Instructor
#30 Old 29th Sep 2016 at 9:02 PM
Thanks for clearing it up, I thought that might be the case. Also wondering if you could add more events as there isn;t much happening between day 37-300 odd. I know probably be establishing the kingdom but I feel like it needs something to just shake it up a bit.
Test Subject
#31 Old 29th Sep 2016 at 11:35 PM
I really want to do this challenge, but I'm a little confused as to how to assign titles. I understand that in order for the founder to move their way up they must keep purchasing the knight statue, but what titles are assigned to their children, and their children's children, etc? What about unplayed sims: what titles do they get, if any? I'm not used to house-hopping (I generally only play a single household per save file), so with which sims are you meant to manage your time? The heir? Gahh this is so confusing.
Instructor
#32 Old 1st Oct 2016 at 9:41 PM Last edited by littlesunshine123xx : 1st Oct 2016 at 10:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by brookstiel
I really want to do this challenge, but I'm a little confused as to how to assign titles. I understand that in order for the founder to move their way up they must keep purchasing the knight statue, but what titles are assigned to their children, and their children's children, etc? What about unplayed sims: what titles do they get, if any? I'm not used to house-hopping (I generally only play a single household per save file), so with which sims are you meant to manage your time? The heir? Gahh this is so confusing.

Need the OP to clarify more but I think that your founder starts as Duke and whatever title the purchase gets past down to their heir. Any spare children or other sims have to work there way up from gentleman. You only play the one household. Any spares you should either put on the gallery to marry into someone elses game and then delete that sim from your game or just kick them out of your house and pretend they have been married off to someone.

This could be a really good challenge but we just need a bit more input. There is barely any sims on the gallery and am now on my 3rd heir. On day 50 my kingdom isn't even anywhere near finished as don't have the money. Due to the size my bills are always around 12,000 a week.

Finished the kitchen and servant sleeping area in the castle basement at least (click on spoiler for picture)

I was desperate for a male heir from my founder, finally produced one after 3 girls and then he and my founder died during the plague. All the woman survived somehow, it was just heads or tails. So it went to the oldest girl who had already married into the another family (The Undomien and to Lord Lutine) She has produced a male heir though so happy about that.

With her mother

My other daughters, one is to go on the exchange and the other married into the Zalidi family (youngest Ezra)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#33 Old 1st Oct 2016 at 11:59 PM
Need the OP to clarify more but I think that your founder starts as Duke and whatever title the purchase gets past down to their heir. Any spare children or other sims have to work there way up from gentleman. You only play the one household. Any spares you should either put on the gallery to marry into someone elses game and then delete that sim from your game or just kick them out of your house and pretend they have been married off to someone.

This. Though it's fully up to you if you want to upload them to the exchange or keep them in your game. If you upload them to the exchange, they retain their parent's title. If not, they work their way up from Gentleman by buying statues.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 12:01 AM
Default Scoring
So at certain points in the OP I mentioned scoring. I've been trying to come up with some good scoring rules, but I'm not experienced at all with it. So I'd be more than willing to take any suggestions from my esteemed co-challenge participators.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 6:23 PM
So at certain points in the OP I mentioned scoring. I've been trying to come up with some good scoring rules, but I'm not experienced at all with it. So I'd be more than willing to take any suggestions from my esteemed co-challenge participators.

You can make something like:

how many dukes? (x points)
did you chose choice 1? (y points)
did you chose choice 2? (z points)

Or something like that idk
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 6:26 PM
Ps: Because I don't like the ranks ( Duke to Emperor) I'm doing these ranks:
King, Queen.
Prince, Princess.
Duke, Duchess.
Marquess, Marchioness.
Earl, Countess.
Viscount, Viscountess.
Baron, Baroness.
There are also 7 ranks so when I post them to the gallery I'll just refer as rank 1 (Baron/Duke) to rank 6 (Prince/King)
Test Subject
#37 Old 4th Oct 2016 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Letcupcake
Ps: Because I don't like the ranks ( Duke to Emperor) I'm doing these ranks:
King, Queen.
Prince, Princess.
Duke, Duchess.
Marquess, Marchioness.
Earl, Countess.
Viscount, Viscountess.
Baron, Baroness.
There are also 7 ranks so when I post them to the gallery I'll just refer as rank 1 (Baron/Duke) to rank 6 (Prince/King)

I like this simplified list. Much less daunting, I think.
Test Subject
#38 Old 4th Oct 2016 at 1:03 AM
This. Though it's fully up to you if you want to upload them to the exchange or keep them in your game. If you upload them to the exchange, they retain their parent's title. If not, they work their way up from Gentleman by buying statues.

So lets say your founder is at the highest rank and has two children, a son and daughter. The son and daughter are born with the rank gentleman/woman? Does the heir then have to go through the process of buying statues to rank up just like the founder did? I just wonder because, traditionally, the offspring of a King and Queen would be born into the title Prince/Princess. Is that not the case here?
And lets say that the dynasty favors females. When the daughter rises to power, does the son then lose any royal title and become a commoner after he is cast out of his household (assuming he is not uploaded to the exchange)?
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 4th Oct 2016 at 1:32 AM
In the black plague stage are you supposed to flip a coin every day for each sim?? Because that would kill pretty much everyone.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#40 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 3:09 AM
The offspring of a king and queen are still princes and princesses, but they hold the same rank as their parents for marriage purposes, ie Prince Charles of the United Kingdom. However, Prince exists as a noble title in and of itself, as in the Principality of Monaco. If that makes sense.

And no, you roll the dice once for everyone across the span of the plagues and wars.
Instructor
#41 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 7:52 PM Last edited by littlesunshine123xx : 6th Oct 2016 at 10:21 PM.
Does anyone know of a mod that allows you to marry your cousin? There isn't enough sims on the gallery so am having to marry cousins instead but the game won't allow it.

Edit: Found one with the Inteen, the Taboo version lets you have relationships even if related, just incase anyone else wants it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#42 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 1:34 AM
I'll alert the Crusader Kings subreddit. :P
Instructor
#43 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 1:05 AM
"s: Because I don't like the ranks ( Duke to Emperor) I'm doing these ranks:
King, Queen.
Prince, Princess.
Duke, Duchess.
Marquess, Marchioness.
Earl, Countess.
Viscount, Viscountess.
Baron, Baroness.
There are also 7 ranks so when I post them to the gallery I'll just refer as rank 1 (Baron/Duke) to rank 6 (Prince/King)"

Am also following this as prefer it, my family are now Earl/Countess. I've been putting my money into my making my castle rather than title.
How is everyone else getting along? I am on day 100 and have a 3rd king on the throne and the 4th has just turned into a child (had triplets, 2 boys, 1 female so not sure which will be heir yet). I kinda just wish it was day 500 or something as it's a little boring just saving money to build and then to buy titles.

Also Inteen doesn't work anymore it makes game glitch so you need the MC Command Centre and the woohoo add on from SexySims, the MC Command Centre is here http://modthesims.info/d/551680. It's like the Master Controller but for Sims 4.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 10:27 PM
@littlesunshine123xx If you need any consorts tell me the gender so I can send them over! My sim just had twins, so...
Instructor
#45 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Letcupcake
@littlesunshine123xx If you need any consorts tell me the gender so I can send them over! My sim just had twins, so...

Yeah I do I will PM you thanks x
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 9:30 PM
For scoring, I would suggest something similar to how Legacy challenges work, i.e. a point for every Heir that makes it to young adulthood, but with modifiers for how high their rank is? Obviously if sub-houses are worth 25% then the main part of the family is going to be working on intervals of more than 1 point at a time for most things.

Basically, treat this like the same way you would gamification of anything else: use points to reward behaviors you want to encourage, and punish failures. You mentioned having a house built like a castle, so let's have points for that. Is it the prerogative of the nobility to hold lavish feasts and curry favor with friend and foe alike? Points for party medals, and maybe a system for encouraging friendships with other neighborhood households (like x points per y Friends on every street, or something). Do you want to encourage us to build and display extensive libraries, gardens, and collections once the Renaissance event rolls? Points. Arranging marriages with sims from other players? Points again. Failures that might need punishing: missing bill payments (each time a utility is shut off), running out of money and needing to cancel household services (gardener/caterer/maid), each time a child is taken away by social services, each time a child's grades fall below "C" during Renaissance or Enlightenment events.

Decide what behaviors and attitudes you want to encourage and how important they are relative to each other. Based on your post I'd guess that the main goals are to maintain the dynasty and maintain power. Do you want to do points at the end of a monarch's reign (parties hosted, paintings commissioned, friendships made, etc?) or at the beginning when Heirs survive to young adulthood, or both?

The other big decision to make will be whether you want to format the point system similar to the Legacy Challenge's, where there are 100 possible points and everything the player does counts towards a specific point within a category; or whether you want it to be straight up cumulative, just a free-for-all within the time limit where players can get as many points as they can earn. One thing I like about Legacy Challenge scoring is that earning points for things like completing Aspirations or maxing Skills becomes more difficult as the Challenge goes on, so at first it might be 1:1 but by the end you need like 55 Aspirations completed to get that last point. I think an important consideration is that this Challenge has a set length based on days rather than generations and that's going to need to be reflected in the scoring system somehow--a given kingdom could have any number of monarchs depending on how long they live. Might want to make more points available for long, powerful reigns than series of short-lived successions which can destabilize a kingdom.

Okay that's all I have for now but it's probably plenty for you to start thinking about! Take it one step at a time and do this broad brainstorming before trying to start assigning point values.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 4:54 PM
@arrowsforpens you have a really nice point (bad pun sorry)
I would really like something like that, but the problem is I've already started the challenge (I'm on day 104, and it took a while to get here) how do I count my points then?

Play my sims 3 version of The Princess Challenge

Currently playing The Dynasty Challenge
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 6:12 PM
@Letcupcake I can see by the thread that several people have started already, and since there isn't formal scoring yet we should definitely figure something out for you guys. To start with, I'd suggest writing down as best you can remember everything that's happened so far and an estimate of what day. Make sure you get the current value of your Lot too. We don't know what the point values are going to end up being so keep writing things down until we hear from @VT45 and get this set up.

I definitely want to try this challenge too! but I'm waiting for the MC Command Center's profiler app to be updated so I can have specific neighborhood settings for it.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arrowsforpens
@Letcupcake I can see by the thread that several people have started already, and since there isn't formal scoring yet we should definitely figure something out for you guys. To start with, I'd suggest writing down as best you can remember everything that's happened so far and an estimate of what day. Make sure you get the current value of your Lot too. We don't know what the point values are going to end up being so keep writing things down until we hear from @VT45 and get this set up.

I definitely want to try this challenge too! but I'm waiting for the MC Command Center's profiler app to be updated so I can have specific neighborhood settings for it.

Thanks! I'll be definitely doing that now.

Play my sims 3 version of The Princess Challenge

Currently playing The Dynasty Challenge
Instructor
#50 Old 20th Oct 2016 at 5:45 PM
I've just gave birth to my 6th generation, day 300ish (kinda lost count a little bit but I know it's rough around the 300 mark). I finally starting to be able to save a bit of money away. My land is so big that my bills are constantly 20,000 its madness or even more.

Here is my story so far...

Page 2 of 5