Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Stop Random Flirting

by Aariancya Posted 10th Jul 2016 at 12:00 AM - Updated 22nd Apr 2021 at 9:32 PM by Aariancya : updated description

86 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 51 Feedback Posts, 34 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 12:23 PM
Just what I needed and it's compatible with MC Command Center! Thank you, I can't wait to try it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 1:42 PM
Thanks for this! I like when my couples flirt together autonomously too, but I was sick and tired of them becoming sad because one of them would go and flirt with some random Sim!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 1:59 PM
Impressive mod and much needed! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 3:02 PM
Thank you for this!! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 3:30 PM
So, what you're saying is that it CAN be used, with MC Command Center, and both will still work properly?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lara.shaw
So, what you're saying is that it CAN be used, with MC Command Center, and both will still work properly?

Yes, you can use both. I'm using MC Command Center myself and I don't have any problems.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 6:24 PM
This was very much needed. Thanks. :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 9:08 PM
Thank you for the mod! It is very much needed and I was looking for a mod just like this one.

One question how will this mod effect sims in ex lover relationships? Will sims still autonomously flirt with ex girlfriends/boyfriends/wife/husband even if both relationship bars are in the red?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 10:23 PM
Thank you for a very much needed mod . I haven't been in my game in ages because last time I opened it, Mortimer was just flirting with everyone and it annoyed me so much I haven't gone near it since.

"Real stupidity beats artifical intelligence everytime" -Terry Pratchett
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 11:16 PM Last edited by Aariancya : 11th Jul 2016 at 2:24 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Genesiz
Thank you for the mod! It is very much needed and I was looking for a mod just like this one.

One question how will this mod effect sims in ex lover relationships? Will sims still autonomously flirt with ex girlfriends/boyfriends/wife/husband even if both relationship bars are in the red?

Good question! I didn’t think about this. My sims don’t have ex lovers.
I’ve tested this now and yes, they can flirt autonomously with hated ex lovers because they had first kiss and woohoo. I’ve made another version of the mod which excludes this possibility. Use version 2.1 if you don’t want your sims to flirt with their hated ex lovers.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aariancya
Yes, you can use both. I'm using MC Command Center myself and I don't have any problems.

Awesome! Thanks!!
Instructor
#13 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 12:19 PM
I’ve tested this now and yes, they can flirt autonomously with hated ex lovers because they had first kiss and woohoo. I’ve made another version of the mod which excludes this possibility. Use version 2.1 if you don’t want your sims to flirt with their hated ex lovers.

For what I've see, they would not flirt with broken up or divorced at all. Those relbits are commented so never happens .
Just a note: The can now flirt on any mood.
Test Subject
#14 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 2:58 PM Last edited by Genesiz : 11th Jul 2016 at 3:39 PM.

Thank you! Before this mod, I was really surprised when my sim attempted to flirt with his much hated ex girlfriend after a fist fight with her. In front of his current live in girlfriend too and it just aggravated all three sims. He wasn't even in a flirty mood. He was in the confident mood because he won the fight. It just made no sense considering his relationship was -100 on both bars with his ex and +100 on both bars with his current girlfriend/soulmate. He never flirted autonomously with another sim just only with his current girlfriend. He really shocked me.

I thought it would be like in the Sims 3 where if your sim was officially disliked by another sim, the autonomous flirting with said sim was pretty much shut down till the relationship went down to acquaintance status again. Of course those commands were still available to the player but I didn't have to count on my sims flirting autonomously with their hated ex.

EDIT: In the download section its says 2.1 your sims have to be in a relationship to flirt (first kiss or woohoo is not enough). Does this mean sims have to be in a official boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/ husband relationship or conversation before they can autonomously flirt or do they just have to have a positive romantic bar of 10 to be autonomous flirty with another sim?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by azoresman
For what I've see, they would not flirt with broken up or divorced at all. Those relbits are commented so never happens .
Just a note: The can now flirt on any mood.

I really hoped EA would have done something against it, but even if they did, it doesn’t work. I’ve tested this in my game. I’ve divorced a couple and made them hate each other. Then I made them flirty to encourage their desire to flirt and locked them together in a room. It didn’t last long and then she tried to seduce him. He laughed about her, but she tried. And after reading Genesiz experience I know it’s not just my game.

They always could flirt in any mood but there was a condition in the XML for flirty mood which did not test any relationship at all. I simply removed this. But most of the time they want to do other things when they are not flirty.

Quote: Originally posted by Genesiz
Thank you! Before this mod, I was really surprised when my sim attempted to flirt with his much hated ex girlfriend after a fist fight with her. In front of his current live in girlfriend too and it just aggravated all three sims. He wasn't even in a flirty mood. He was in the confident mood because he won the fight. It just made no sense considering his relationship was -100 on both bars with his ex and +100 on both bars with his current girlfriend/soulmate. He never flirted autonomously with another sim just only with his current girlfriend. He really shocked me.

I thought it would be like in the Sims 3 where if your sim was officially disliked by another sim, the autonomous flirting with said sim was pretty much shut down till the relationship went down to acquaintance status again. Of course those commands were still available to the player but I didn't have to count on my sims flirting autonomously with their hated ex.

EDIT: In the download section its says 2.1 your sims have to be in a relationship to flirt (first kiss or woohoo is not enough). Does this mean sims have to be in a official boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/ husband relationship or conversation before they can autonomously flirt or do they just have to have a positive romantic bar of 10 to be autonomous flirty with another sim?

That’s like EA coded flirting in the Sims 4. I was shocked too as I saw the coding. They even especially allowed to flirt with ex lovers but I took this out in version 2.0. I just didn’t think about the first kiss/woohoo thing which still has allowed hated ex lovers.

If you experience any issues like this with my mod, please let me know. I’ll try to fix it.

You’ll need version 2.1. Your sims will flirt autonomously, if your sims match any of the conditions I wrote in the thread except for first kiss/woohoo. Romantic bar of 10 will be enough. It’s difficult for me to tell in few words what I mean, because English is not my native language. Sorry for confusing you.
Test Subject
#16 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 3:49 PM
That’s like EA coded flirting in the Sims 4. I was shocked too as I saw the coding. They even especially allowed to flirt with ex lovers but I took this out in version 2.0. I just didn’t think about the first kiss/woohoo thing which still has allowed hated ex lovers.

If you experience any issues like this with my mod, please let me know. I’ll try to fix it.

You’ll need version 2.1. Your sims will flirt autonomously, if your sims match any of the conditions I wrote in the thread except for first kiss/woohoo. Romantic bar of 10 will be enough. It’s difficult for me to tell in few words what I mean, because English is not my native language. Sorry for confusing you.

So far so good! My sims have only been flirting with their partners or potential partners that I have picked for them. Thanks a lot, I appreciate it! :lovestruc
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 12:31 PM
Thank you so much for making this!~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 1:54 PM
I needed it thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 12:35 AM
Thank you for fixing one of my biggest gripes about the game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 6:43 PM
Thanks, I am glad you figured it out. I hate it when my couples walk around in the 'hood, and something triggers their fancy to make them flirty with other random sims. I want them to be faithful too!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 7:24 AM
Thank you so much! I always hated it when my sims would randomly flirt with a stranger on the streets, especially when their partner is in front of them!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 3:42 PM
This is brilliant! They should have programmed checks like these into the game. I can't believe some of the scenarios where I've seen inappropriate sims flirting. Exes and in-laws particularly. I had a sim flirt with his daughter-in-law (they had no romance bar at all!) in front of his son at a family get together. Ugh, lol!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 1:38 PM
So if I may ask is there a good mod to take away the Random relationships when switching households? This is why I stopped playing Sims 4, I wasn't allowed to have faithful families.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Street50
So if I may ask is there a good mod to take away the Random relationships when switching households? This is why I stopped playing Sims 4, I wasn't allowed to have faithful families.

There is a mod for this problem here. I’m using this myself and it seems still to be working. I can’t guarantee that there are no problems but I had no problems until now.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 5:03 PM
Thank you, I downloaded it. I'll give it a try but right now downloading the stuff packs and such I missed since I hadn't played this game since get together. I still wish they'd rethink their whole entire flirt/relationship system because I don't totally want to remove it yet I don't want my happily married sims being unfaithful. I want the sims I want to be unfaithful to be unfaithful. I'd say it's the 2nd thing I hate most about The Sims 4 the first being not enough space by not allowing us to create our own neighborhoods. If these things were exactly like they were for Sims 2 there would be no problem with me.
Page 1 of 4