Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 12:19 PM
Default A Holy Sanctuary: Sims 4 Version
So I read through these links and got inspired to update it to a Sims 4 Version.

http://modthesims.info/t/496413
Most of the info is here: https://aholysanctuarysims3.wordpress.com/
Below, for the sake of space, I'm listing changes made to update it.

Updated Changes for Sims 4:

INTRO: (You can read the rest via the website)
Rather than monsters, Aliens have invaded (This works especially well if you have Get to Work). The ultimate goal will be to survive the invasion and maybe even push back the alien threat.

1. Priest/Pastor - Only Updated Skills
Full Skills: Writing, Charisma
Part Skills: Wellness, Logic

2. Medic
Description: A doctor or nurse by trade, this person knows how to cure the sick.
Full Skills: Science
Part Skills: Logic, Herbalism, Cooking
Special abilities: If Science is at six, once per sim week they can ‘order medicine’ to represent them finding or making remedies for the Sanctuary.

4. Cook
Description: This character is the best at cooking, and the only one that may later gain and max Gourmet Cooking or Baking
Full Skills: Cooking, Gourmet Cooking, Baking
Part Skills: Mixology, Gardening

5. Solider/Other Fighter - only Updated Skills
Description: This is your main fighting power. This character is the safest when leaving the churchyard.
Full Skills: Fitness, Mischief
Part Skills: Fishing; Logic

6. Architect - Only Updated Skills
Description: To build onto the church in any way, you need a architect. They know their way around building.
Full Skills: Handiness, Rocket Science
Part Skills: Painting; Cooking

7. Farmer - Updated Skills
Description: This character is a farmer who will do your gardening.
Full Skills: Gardening
Part Skills: Cooking; Fitness; Herbalism

8. Handyman
Description: All purpose handyman who can keep things running well.
Full Skills: Handiness
Part Skills: Science, Cooking
Special abilities: Only character that can upgrade plumbing and kitchen items.

9. Engineer
Description: This character is similar to the handyman, but specializes in generators to keep the electricity running.
Full Skills: Programming, Handiness
Part Skills: Science, Logic, Rocket Science
Special abilities: Only character that can upgrade electrical or advanced tech items. Once an Engineer gets level 10 in both handiness and programming, the Internet is unlocked! But beware, aliens may be monitoring!

10. Hunter - Only Updated Skills
Description: This character hunts and fishes for food for the group.
Full Skills: Fishing
Part Skills: Fitness; Cooking

11. Welder
Description: This character can build you things without having to go on an expedition.
Full Skills: Handiness; Rocket Science
Part Skills: Logic, Science
Special abilities: If you have a welder, once a week you can buy something without going on an expedition. Any object is an option. If the skill levels for Handiness and Rocket Science added together are at least ten, then twice a week. If they are over eighteen, then three times a week.

12. Artist - Mostly updated skill list
Description: The artist is purely for money making purposes. They are more proficient at making art that is sellable, even in this Alien-filled world.
Full Skills: Writing; Painting; Sculpting, Comedy, DJ, any Instrument, Photography

Skills:
The only real change I made was to Handiness:

Handiness
If you reach level six, then for every five upgrade objects received, toss one out, and so forth., Also, only do upgrades that become available at or before level five, no matter the level you are at (If it is a part skill, of course).

Set-Up/Rules:
Computer/Internet - See above, allowing a way for the internet to be brought up. HOWEVER, whenever the Internet is used, make a Roll to see if the Aliens noticed:
1-2: Nothing Happens
3-4: Aliens notice and monitor activity for research/intelligence purposes
5: Aliens hack in and disable the net! You'll have to wait a day before using the computer again
6: Aliens notice and abduct someone!
Alien abduction. One sim was abducted by aliens. Roll to see effects:
……1 - An item is removed from inventory
……2 - All inventory items taken
……3 - mystery illness - treat as Mild Illness rules above
……4 - Unsettled, memory loss- hopefully the aliens didn't learn too much? The Sim will want to stay indoors for the day and do something calming to recover.
…..5 - death!
…..6 - Information- the character was sneaky and brought back key info about the aliens! Treat as a free card.

Original rules disabled Schools. I'm not sure that is possible in Sims 4, so I am using a small church-school setting and figuring the children are in the classroom while away to learn.
Also, Original rules involving Cooking/Fridge didn't allow buying things often? But Sims 4 even if you have all the ingredients, you have to pay for the meal, so in this case, only choose meals you have ingredients for, unless you have an instance where the rules allow you to pay for said meal.

– I'm not picky about mods, but try not to overdue things. If playing with MC I would disable most story progression options until later on.
– No getting a job, part time, full time, self-employed. Nothing. Until the Town has been retaken… (More on that to follow)
– You cannot buy just any meal from the fridge. You must have all the ingredients to make it. Since there is no store in Sims 4, you can opt for a roll to ‘leave’ to get the food before purchasing.
– Every time you want to buy a new object, you must leave the lot to go to a store. (You can either roll to pretend the trip or send them to a community lot since rabbit hole stores don't exist, and some may not have Retail lots in their games)
– No meeting sims outside of the household. None. (Unless the option is rolled) In fact, I suggest removing extra sims from the world and adding back in from your library, Gallery, or create a sim as you roll the option.
- End goal will be to free the local neighborhood, then the town, and eventually gain back the other towns and vacation spots! Possibly even to go to the Alien home world and fight back!
- When you roll a New Person, if you don't want to add them to your own household, you can add them to another empty house to start repopulating the world! Make the sim, or choose from your library or gallery. After a Town is 'freed', you might consider turning back on MC story progression if you have it and so desire (For reference: http://modthesims.info/download.php...=1&goto=newpost)

Basic Scenario Rolls added:
51-53 - Alien abduction. One sim was abducted by aliens. Roll to see effects:
……4 - Unsettled, memory loss- hopefully the aliens didn't learn too much? The Sim will want to stay indoors for the day and do something calming to recover.
…..5 - death!
…..6 - Information- the character was sneaky and brought back key info about the aliens! Treat as a free card.
54 to 65 - New Child! - for those that want Pregnancy to be more randomized, wait until you role this to have a baby or to adopt a child (by finding a poor orphaned survivor)

Leave the Lot:
26-30 - Alien abduction. One sim was abducted by aliens. Roll to see effects:
…..5 - death!

Aspirations

Aspirations are the keys to unlocking the world around you. Every time a sim completes an adult aspiration, a neighborhood and is unlocked.

Rules for this:
1) Aspiration to unlock an area has to be at least a different one from the last aspiration used. (no using body builder three times in a row… variety = fun)
2) Okay to change between aspirations on a sim, I'm not strict with that.
3) Jobs cannot be held until an entire town is freed/unlocked, so aspirations with careers cannot be completed until then.
4) the first completed aspiration frees your immediate area. After that, each of the other neighborhoods or community lots can be freed. Once an entire town is free, you can move on helping another town or vacation world.

Once an area has been freed, the encounter rolls change, see further below for an updated list.

Eventually, you may even want to take the fight to the home world! Assuming you have Get to Work, you can use the various methods to research the aliens and travel to their world. Symbolize defeating them there by completing the following collections: Aliens, Crystals, Geodes, Metals, Space Prints, and Space Rocks. Each time you visit the alien world be sure to roll for leaving the lot!

Any thoughts/ideas on this update? Or questions?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2021 at 3:20 PM
I love this idea
Test Subject
#3 Old 12th Oct 2021 at 8:40 AM
Wasn't this made for zombies instead? Regardless, I think it might work

About the school, you can make children/teens quit school via MCCC, but I'm not sure if it has any negative effect on them. If you have seasons, you can easily make every weekday a holiday. I found it in a castaway series in YouTube and it's a brilliant alternative.