Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 6:32 PM
Ohh, I'm so excited for this. I am sorry that I never completed my storytelling photos for my family. I couldn't finish the other lots I built, either, due to no longer being able to use AGS but I just dropped the ball on the photos part. (Partly because I keep losing where on earth the social groups even are on this forum - I sometimes come across them but can never seem to find them again? And then of course if something isn't right under my nose, I am liable to forget it ever existed to begin with.)

I'm really really tempted to add this as a Downtown for Sedona. I think I might just do that once I have reached a point in play I can legitimately pretend there is a transport link there. Oh, the fun I could have with these two hoods! I think I'd have to be very careful about who I allow to move between subhoods, but the potential for some interaction there is exciting.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#27 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
One thing I find concerning is that one of the waiters - the first one who spawned - is shattering badly. Usually this indicates either a bad mesh (unlikely; the other waiters who spawned were fine and in any case it's the Maxis mesh) or a strained computer. It shouldn't have been particularly strained and if that's the problem, why this waiter and not the others? He was in the same state at both restaurants. I used the Gussy Up program to give him a new appearance and to Check Clothes, but neither helped. So I'm not sure what to do about that. If I'm straining my computer that's almost certainly why I'm crashing so much in the other game.

Do you have Nysha's Townie Body Diversity installed?
Because I also noticed this shattering when I first downloaded this mod and a fat waiter spawned... I checked the mesh file... and yes, the mesh is partly borked. The "fit" shape is okay, but the "fat" shape looks weird.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#28 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 10:56 PM
I started with the Raffertys, and worked my way across the top, playing a day each. I made Sebastian walk to work, late or not. The most interesting there was that the gypsy walked by, and of course he asked for a date, and got Rhonda. Well, she hits his turnons, being a red-head and Rubenesque in physique. Unfortunately, she's a teen, so, not being a perv, Sebastian stuck to tickles and water balloons and serious conversations. There may have been promises about when she gets to college made.
The Blacques, Knight got a job in Paranormal to try to get Dahlia back. His wife wants another baby. Both are pregnant.
Mr. Coppersmith also got a job in Paranormal. Will he and Knight work together or compete?
Cherry Wood is also pregnant again, as she wanted another baby. I . . . don't think she can replace Holly that way.
Much to Corina's dismay, April DeShong wanted a baby (she wants to marry off six kids, too!), so she adopted a toddler named Genesis. Genesis has red hair and ten outgoing points. Corina is still the only family member who will clean up.
Over at the Splitters, Dr. Adam and Mata both had the day off, and he was curious about woohoo, so they experimented. Results were satisfactory enough, but neither has any desire to repeat that with each other. (Okay, I want to see the nose combination.)
The Panowskis both had the day off, which involved Coca befriending the neighbor, Cola grilling hotdogs, and much skilling by swimming pool.
I finished up with the Steeles, where the parents skipped off happily to work, leaving Cole to run the whole show. Which he did, quite capably, getting himself and Magnolia into private school, feeding Magnolia, teaching Magnolia to study, and finally getting his own homework done, before falling asleep at three am. Magnolia brought home Isaiah Gavigan home from school, and he told her about his family, and Magnolia realized that Cole does everything for her that Isaiah's mommy does for him, and, as she was the only one up at six am, looked over at her sleeping brother and vowed that she will never, ever, ever disappoint her big brother, cross her heart and hope to die.
Screenshots

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#29 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
Do you have Nysha's Townie Body Diversity installed?
Because I also noticed this shattering when I first downloaded this mod and a fat waiter spawned... I checked the mesh file... and yes, the mesh is partly borked. The "fit" shape is okay, but the "fat" shape looks weird.

I checked in SimPE, and yes, that waiter is supposed to be fat, so whew! I changed his state to fit and we'll see if that helps.

So now the question is, has anybody fixed that mesh?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 7:34 PM
I couldn't find one - so I fixed it myself.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=601496

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#31 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 7:40 PM
Good, thank you! I guess I could go make him fat again, now...

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#32 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 7:45 PM
I swear this game is the touchiest one I've ever seen.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#33 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I swear this game is the touchiest one I've ever seen.

I suppose you've never tried playing 'The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion'.

Edit: Just to clarify, in Oblivion, if you save over an existing save file (rather than making a new save file each time and then deleting the old ones), it can (and probably will) corrupt that save. (You also need to disable all autosave features for this reason.) If you ever load the game without quitting to desktop first, it can (and probably will) corrupt that save. It can be a really fun game, but it's just such a hassle to play it often doesn't seem worth the trouble!
Mad Poster
#34 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I suppose you've never tried playing 'The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion'.

Edit: Just to clarify, in Oblivion, if you save over an existing save file (rather than making a new save file each time and then deleting the old ones), it can (and probably will) corrupt that save. (You also need to disable all autosave features for this reason.) If you ever load the game without quitting to desktop first, it can (and probably will) corrupt that save. It can be a really fun game, but it's just such a hassle to play it often doesn't seem worth the trouble!

In my first save, I accidentally flooded Anvil with daedra hearts and couldn't enter the city anymore without it crashing. Yeah. At least I hadn't played quite long enough to see the A-Bomb glitch (where the animations just stop working and you can't even open doors anymore).

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#35 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 8:53 PM
Started with the Group Home, where Claire managed to teach all the girls to study. They mostly have lousy grades, but they brought home some friends from school and chose to interact with them and the welcome wagon rather than pick fights with each other, except for one time, but "be slapped" does not queue-stomp "write in diary" when both are autonomous, apparently. Claire would like a job in the police. We'll see if she can find one. Right now she needs to be around to keep an eye on things. Maddy Krout wanted a job in athletics and had a C, and was able to find one, so they do have a tiny bit of income.

At the Stones, skilling, learning to study, socializing with neighbors, and getting teen jobs were the orders of the day. Esmerelda is totally set for her next promotion.

Rotspatz: ladies' side, Desiree spent the day learning to be an evil witch. Esmee spent it making stuff for Desiree to cast spells with. Katelyna taught Elvira to study and bought a telescope to spy on Dr. Splitter and Mata with. The three ladies old enough got secondary aspirations of knowledge because dang it, you aren't getting cured, stop wasting a want slot when you're all negative aspiration anyway. Esmee did get a charisma point so she's not so depressed. Desiree still is. *note to self: find anti-green-skin-hack in CC folder, install*

Rotspatz: gentlemens' side, Issac brought a friend home, Raneka King, I think? was her name. Isaiah wanted a pet. They have plenty of money, so Issac called up the pound and adopted Otis. So far, so good. Issac taught Isaiah to study, aspirations look good . . . but the boys autonomously shared a bed, the one furthest from the stairs. Otis' bed is in the hall outside the bedrooms, so . . . I suspect there are Security Issues left to be addressed. Debating whether or not Katelyna will decide that Desiree and Esmee are too crazy with the witchcraft stuff and bring Elvira and move across the street with the boys.

Instructor
#36 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 12:21 AM
I'm in the process of setting up a megahood with Emerald Heights, all the other Hood Building Group neighborhoods, Widespot, and Land Grant University. I'm taking forever setting up because I want to go through and give some of the sims non-default eye colors and skin colors. Once I start it's probably going to take me like a year to finish each rotation, but it will be fun!
Instructor
#37 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 2:41 AM Last edited by Jojoa777 : 15th Oct 2017 at 3:24 PM.
After spending what felt like forever setting up my new neighborhood combination, I was ready to start playing today! My plan was to start with a day of school for the Emerald Heights kids/teens. I'm setting up a school with the simlogical items for each subhood, plus at least one private school for richer students that would be for the whole megahood. Since Emerald Heights already has a school lot, I was able to do some edits and then it was ready to go. But when I tried to send my principal sim to the lot, I discovered that suddenly none of my sims can travel to community lots! I was pretty panicked. Well, after running HCDU it seems that it was phone hack by pescado conflicting with a mod I downloaded today to allow toddlers to go to community lots. Now I've got it working fine again. I'm just glad it wasn't some neighborhood corruption that would have required me to start over!

The first day of school was a lot of fun. With all the teens and kids that live in Emerald Heights (minus a few who will be going to private school) there are at least 22 or so students! That's a lot of controllable sims at once, I'm amazed there wasn't any lag! It was the first time that most of the kids and teens were actually meeting each other, so it was fun to see the beginnings of that too. I was expecting the Group Home girls to cause trouble, but instead Maribel Montes and Raneka King were the troublemakers! They caused quite the scene during lunch. I'm not sure they'll be able to continue sharing a room after this- Raneka may need to move in with her mom after all. I was also amused by the teen boys, who seemed to be congregating in the rest room.

Overall, it was a good first school day. I'm definitely looking forward to playing all of the households now!

EDIT: I didn't realize photobucket had issues now! Hopefully the photos should be working now.

Instructor
#38 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 7:27 PM
Unfortunately I'm now having crashing issues, which is most likely caused by either mods/hacks or cc. I can't figure out why it's happening now, I only added a few new pieces of clothing. Unless I reached a critical mass of cc or something. Either way, I have a lot of hairs I don't use, so now is probably a good time to clean those out.

I did manage to play a little bit more though. The Blaque family was a tough one, since they're both still grieving for Dahlia. Though Knight has wants to kiss and flirt with Isla, he seems to be keeping his distance, and he's taken to sleeping in Dahlia's old bed. Isla is hyper focused on advancing in the science career- she thinks that once she reaches the top she'll have the knowledge and resources to clone Dahlia and have her back that way. Knight's approach is to try to get a job in the paranormal career to learn more about resurrection possibilities, but so far there have been no openings (paranormal career doesn't require college in my game). Isla rolled a want to see a ghost, which clearly meant she wanted to visit her daughter's grave, so I took her to the cemetery. Dahlia did not make an appearance.

I played the Raffertys for a few in game hours before the latest crash happened. To Caesar's surprise, he received a morning visit from Linnea Wentworth, one of Sebastian's lovers. Linnea informed him that she was pregnant with his son's child, and that it would be in everyone's best interests if Caesar had Sebastian propose as soon as possible. Caesar was not pleased with being told what to do, and of course wanted verification that the baby was in fact his son's, but he realized that a wedding would be a good PR move and that getting Sebastian married might slow down his wilder impulses. Caesar also recognized some of his own ruthlessness in Linnea, and if Sebastian had to be so foolish at least he could have a daughter-in-law with some sense. So, on threat of losing his entire inheritance, Sebastian proposed.

While at work, Caesar got a chance card about building an international seaport. Of course he decided against it, the developer wanted to pay the city only 1 simoleon per acre! Not worth the supposed jobs it would open up. Unfortunately for Caesar, this turned out to be an unpopular decision, and amid protest he lost his bid for re-election! Of course, other factors were at play, such as the new expose on his possible criminal connections, rumors that he was undergoing police investigation, and his refusal to fund important services such as the group home for teen girls. Now, Caesar is shockingly unemployed. I hadn't planned for that to happen this quickly, but the chance card made the choice for me. Of course, Caesar still has quite a few connections, and now he's more desperate than ever. He may try to rise up again in the political ranks, or take on a new and lucrative career. The wedding is going to go on, as Caesar sees it as a chance to gather all of his allies at the party and make some plans. But now Judith has a choice to make- if Caesar no longer has the power to shut down her research lab, can she finally get the divorce she wants so badly? Or does Detective Esmeralda Stone still need her to report on his behavior in order to get him locked up once and for all? As for Sebastian, he's not happy about the upcoming marriage, but he likes Linnea well enough, and who's to say he can't just do whatever he wants as long as his father doesn't find out?
Mad Poster
#39 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 8:50 PM
What a great idea to start with a school day! How did you set up the school? Did you do it as an owned community lot?

Instructor
#40 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
What a great idea to start with a school day! How did you set up the school? Did you do it as an owned community lot?

Yes, it's an owned community lot. You can actually see the business sign in the photo of the cafeteria, haha. What I did was take the existing school and edit it to place the simlogical school items and make it more friendly for actual school play (the fridge "lockers" in the hallway are really clever for achieving a school look but I don't want sims to try to use them to eat). I also edited a lot of the rooms to make more room for the massive amount of sims and so I could fit in more skilling items. I followed this tutorial/used the linked items in order to make the school items work on a community lot: http://silivrin.livejournal.com/16270.html

Then I created a principal sim who is technically a playable but I'm treating as more of a townie. I didn't want to inflate any of the playables' family worth by making them own the school. I had her buy the lot, then put the business sign on it so that it can be closed and no other random visitors will come invade the school. Right now I have a kind of lax play style about it, where the students spend a few hours with their gradework, go as a class to one of the skilling rooms or library, eat lunch, and then have till 3 or so to do whatever they want, whether that's taking advantage of skilling items or socializing. Then I officially end the school day, so the students can go home if they want to, but I don't kick everyone out until 8 pm when the school "closes." So dedicated students can stay pretty late to skill more or to hang out with friends.

I've decided to start and end each subhood rotation with a school day. Emerald Heights is of course the craziest because of how many students there are. The other subhoods, especially small ones like Shady Shores and Sedona, should be much calmer and allow the students to get more teacher attention. The large class sizes at Emerald Heights mean unmotivated students can slack off pretty easily!

Sorry if this was more information than you wanted, haha
Mad Poster
#41 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 10:10 PM
Noo, it's really interesting. I've done an owned community lot school before, but I am more familiar with running them on a residential lot (I create a small house for the caretaker and he/she lives there, with their family if necessary.) In Sedona because it was so small to begin with, I only had all the kids come together to one of the parents' houses and he ran a kind of farm plus freeschool deal. That was absolutely drama filled, and a lot of fun to play, even with only ten students!

I actually think that it's probably better as an owned business to allow sims to be told to go home when the day is over. I find on my residential lots they just hang around for ages, which I think is pretty silly.

I actually built that school but it was years ago and I can't remember how it looks I'm glad that the fridge-lockers (???) were a good idea because I do not remember that! But I can see it would definitely need some tweaking.

Instructor
#42 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Noo, it's really interesting. I've done an owned community lot school before, but I am more familiar with running them on a residential lot (I create a small house for the caretaker and he/she lives there, with their family if necessary.) In Sedona because it was so small to begin with, I only had all the kids come together to one of the parents' houses and he ran a kind of farm plus freeschool deal. That was absolutely drama filled, and a lot of fun to play, even with only ten students!

I actually think that it's probably better as an owned business to allow sims to be told to go home when the day is over. I find on my residential lots they just hang around for ages, which I think is pretty silly.

I actually built that school but it was years ago and I can't remember how it looks I'm glad that the fridge-lockers (???) were a good idea because I do not remember that! But I can see it would definitely need some tweaking.

I've only hesitated to do residential schools because a lot of my teachers tend to be family/knowledge sims, often with big families of their own, and when I'm running the school I like to be able to devote all my attention to the students. But I could see it being really nice for a small community!

I love the school, nice job building it! It didn't take me all that long to make the edits I wanted, a lot of it was adding skilling items from EPs.
Mad Poster
#43 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 10:32 AM
Well I went in and had a look last night, and I remembered my logic at the time - everything was a placeholder item which was intended to be replaced with the appropriate items from later EPs, notably, the Uni lockers and community stove. But obviously the nice thing about the Sims is that everybody's game, even given the same lots, is going to be unique and have their own flavour added

I think it's going to take me a while to investigate the characters. I'd like to have a teacher sim who "works" at the school. But I definitely see the point of having a principal so that I don't have to upset the economy too much. Maybe somebody immortal... students often like to form rumours like "the head teacher is secretly a vampire" :D

Field Researcher
#44 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 11:29 PM
I love the Blaque family. They are so tragic. Yesterday when I was playing them a gypsy came and left a Magic Lamp! Oh joy! Of course Knight wished to resurrect little Dahlia. It worked!! They are hugging and kissing her. They don't even want her to go to school to be away from them. Of course one parent has to stay home for baby Starr and I have a mod that lets kids stay home in the Summer; so this family is learning to have joy again. That's my success story. Pearl Davenport & her family is another story! They are a hot mess and cannot stay happy.
Scholar
#45 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 1:12 PM
just asking how exactly could i bring caesar rafferty down? kill him?
Mad Poster
#46 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 1:48 PM
Oh, lots of ways! Kill him, disgrace him, bankrupt him, send him to jail with Simlogical's Prison system...you can even reform him if you want to, it's your game.

But first ask yourself: Do I want to take him down? Evil characters are creators of Drama and can be useful to a player.

Forum Resident
#47 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 10:50 AM
Here's what I've set up for my neighborhood:

Rhoda Watson and Adam Patch are both trying to dethrone Caesar and become Town Mayor themselves. At the start of the game, they're both struggling to get a promotion, especially since they don't have enough friends (i.e. voters). They're currently trying to redeem that. If either of them were to get promoted to the top of the Politics career, Caesar would be forced to retire.

Esmeralda Stone is trying to find proof for her suspicions of Caesar's criminal activities. She might be able to arrest one of the Steeles and get a confession out of them. Of course, right now they're loyal to Caesar. (As an aside, I'd really love it if this worked like Sims 3 where your sims can actually get arrested. For now I'm thinking I'll use SimSurgery to make the Burglar and Cop NPCs look like them and see what happens.)

Caesar's affair with Cola Panoski might also cause some gossip. Not to mention his son's scandalous behavior.

The last option seems to have resolved itself in my game. Caesar autonomously showed up for little Pepsi Panoski's birth and, on Coca's suggestion, handed over a generous cheque. Cola doesn't really care about staying with Caesar, after a short fling with Sebastian she now aims for the Bachelor group. Hadley Wentworth meanwhile walked up to Sebastian Rafferty and flat out told him "I'm pregnant, it's yours, marry me or I'll tell your father.". He agreed. Then Linnea noticed what was going on. She feels betrayed by her sister and her lover and is probably too timid to do anything about her situation. Hadley married Sebastian and gave birth to a son at the wedding, then caught him with Cola Panoski a few hours later. He was sitting at three aspiration failures in two days, he really needed a break from it.

The Davenport household has received the addition of the twins and is still not on fire, so something must be going right at least. Pearl got a very low-paying job, but it helps keep the house afloat. Soda-Pop even occasionally manages to go to school.

The Group Home is also doing well. Holly has left for college - Claire was able to pull some strings with an LGBT support group, given that Holly got kicked out of her home for being a lesbian - and the girls all have jobs to earn some pocket money. Except for Rose, who'd rather help Claire take care of the household chores. Most of the girls have found boyfriends with the local teens.

Seamus Coppersmith didn't think he'd ever love again, but when that beautiful red-haired teacher in her spacesuit walked across his lawn, he was smitten. Him and Vera have gotten married and are expecting their first child.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 7:39 PM
I've moved into longer and messier rotations, having finished the initial days.

Brief summary, in no particular order:
Cecelia Wentworth married Sebastian Rafferty. The twins moved into the apartment immediately above their mom, sister, brother, and baby-daddy, and gave birth to, I think, twins and a singleton. They were named after various ancestors/esses. Cecil is one, but I've lost the others. With an agreement to never say a word to anyone else about who the baby-daddy is, so long as Sebastian pays up. Delany moved to college. (I'm probably screwing up some names, by the way.) Vera finally has started dating and is taking care of Delany's cat. All are happy. Ish.

Knight had triplets, Isla had a singleton, and Knight got promoted high enough to get the bone phone. I have never resurrected a child before. Very sweet, Grim! And aside from their apartment being too small, it was also glitchy, so they moved out and bought a house they could afford across town. Dahlia thinks being a big sister is . . . interesting. The kids are Rose, Tulip, Squire, and Iris. (I remembered names!)

The Steeles: Cole continued taking care of Magnolia, with the result that when she aged to teen she took his aspiration. Their parents may be in for a shock at how much they've alienated their kids someday. Lianne is pregnant.

The Rotspatz: I posted in the story dilemma thread about them. Katelyna turned Isaac into a warlock, after maxing herself as a neutral witch at the Fortress of Light. Desiree maxed evil witchiness, Esmee, who is only allowed by her sister to make reagents, is not very high in skill at all. Desiree has a familiar.
Katelyna took Elvira to get some new clothes and changed her cousin's hairstyle. Elvira thought her mom wouldn't approve, but Esmee hardly notices them. They are considerably lighter in dress than they used to be. Katelyna is regularly dating Tim Rowland. Neither wants to be exclusive, but they de facto are, because I haven't played Tim's week, and Katelyna hasn't found bolts with anyone else yet. Also, Katelyna got pregnant, and she's okay with that.

Forum Resident
#49 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 9:16 AM
The Patch's biological daughter just grew into a toddler and...

Wow, those faces do not mix. I hope she'll grow out of it a bit at least.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 10:54 AM
I just started setting this up-and I was rather pleased to find that there was a coven in town! It's very interesting to read the back stories in the bios, too.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Page 2 of 4