Replies: 2 (Who?), Viewed: 8934 times.
#1 6th Oct 2016 at 9:02 PM
Thanks: 740 in 14 Posts
Sims 4 Horror Asylum challengeSims 4 Horror Asylum Challenge
Hi! This is other very extensive asylum challenge and propably hard to figure it out. English is not my native. It has many roleplaying elements but the challenge is included.
Victorian era people had no clue whatsoever how to treat mentally ill.
You end up in victorian asylum because nobody wants you around anymore. The world is much like it was in the 1950's, in an asylum still using good old treatments like hydro therapy along with modern inventions like electroshock treatments. In the asylum there is mandatory music playing everywhere, patients tinkering, doing art (how innocent looking) but inside there is a much sinister hue: feared and sometimes lethal hydrotherapies at the basements with patients screaming of pain.
People around you are crazy and start gradyally dying like flies when the evil doctor is working on experimental therapies on patients and on you. Nobody cares what happens inside the asylum walls. You are left alone. You must escape by any means necessary. You must keep your head cool to survive. It is only a matter of luck what traits are on your side and what are not. You can choose the traits randomly or play existing sim you have played before or you can make your main character suffering from mental ailment.[/spoiler]
Inspiration for this:
I was inspired by the true history of treating mentally ill and the Blackstone Chronicles horror game written by John Saul. Asylum I built for this is much like in Blackstone Chronicles by principle with its own electroshock and hydrotherapy rooms along with more innocent activities. I am finishing on victorian arsenic wallpapers for my hospital I'm going to publish soon. Use of arsenic was also historic fact, which gave the wallpapers nice poison green color, but people died mysteriously of it in victorian era before its use was banned.
Electroshocks were used from 1940's until today which are still claimed nowadays to be effective for severe depression. Now they use anaesthetics for those but not in the 1950's when you are now living.
In the history hydrotherapy was used for its calming effect (or fear effect) and patients were left for several hours in the tub full of cold water or hot water with a lid on so they couldn't escape. Heat chamber was also used and if it was forgotten on, patient locked inside was roasted to death.
Other therapies included organ removals, most infamous was lobotomy when slice of the brain were cut off. Patients did calm down with less brain activity left.
Goal: Survive with your main character and preferrably get out
Characters: Main character as a patient, 6 other mental patients and a doctor
There are 4 types of patients:
Most of them suffer from 3 mental ailments (traits):
- Insane (Psychotic and personality disorders)
- Hotheaded (Behavioral problems and personality disorders)
- Gloomy (Severe depression)
- Unwanted (No ailment, no family to want them around)
Using money cheats (easier this way) and by editing sims traits extensively when rolling a dice
Editing traits for sims:
Money cheats (making money isn't important here but successful therapies):
"freerealestate on" (no need to pay for your housing lot when you move in)
"testingcheats on" + "money 1000" (starting money 1000)
"kaching" (add 1000)
no privacy mod
mgomez realistic bills (smaller bills especially if you have a big hospital like I did)
Czarina27 doctor outfits unlocked
kirkwoodproductions Get to Work Patient outfit
Make sims lifespan long.
Make 1 doctor who is evil, mischief lvl10 with cheats or build it yourself.
You can only control your main character who is committed to asylum and the doctor. Make 6 other patients, everybody must have insane, hotheaded or gloomy trait (or combination). You can also use existing sims in your neighborhood and move them in by editing the households, preferrably old, poor, single or homeless that nobody miss.
Build your hospital as big as you like. Use money cheats to move in your hospital household with 1 evil doctor. You can build as many additional bathrooms you please. Even more things to break and fix.
You can build as many rooms as you like without restrictions only for your doctor but you must keep them locked from anybody else.
- Make every patient have its own assigned cheap single bed in the same room (dormitory). You can make men's dorm and women's dorm separate.
- Make doctor his/her own room, where he/she has more expensive single bed. Otherwise you are free to build whatever you like for your doctor. Keep the room locked all times from anybody else.
- Make 1-2 solitary rooms with only 1 bench and with 1 toilet.
- Make kitchen area with dining, toilettes close to it with cheap group showers. You can build as many showers and toilettes you like.
- Place speakers in each room, so patients can/must listen the music all day. Make it mild like easy listening music station. Even in their bedroom. If you must, you can build jukebox or gramophone at the kitchen area.
- Build a library with bookshelves and chessboard for your patients. Do not buy any additional books.
Make 2 aspiration rooms:
- Very small room with only 1 cheap computer only for writing (too bad you cannot write with pencil or a typewriter) and a cheap chair and a desk. Keep the door locked except to complete writing aspiration later on.
- Small fenced garden to plant crops, you can leave the area open at all times for patients.
Make 4-5 therapy rooms:
- 1 hydro therapy room: 1 sauna and bathtubs for everyone (they can be in the same room if you use no privacy mod). You can build toilettes close for convenience.
Build a swimming pool for mandatory swimming and be prepared to fence it.
- Make electroshock or personal counselling -therapy room. Make sure you have a seat where your patient can sit on (like massage chair) and keep it locked all times except for the therapy sessions.
- Make art therapy room, buy easels for everyone (total of 7 minimum)
- Make handicraft room, make workshop benches for everyone (total of 7 minimum)
- You can make gym too for the therapy sessions. Gym can have treadmill but no punching bag (because of inciting to aggression), and a couple of yoga mats.
Each therapy room is locked outside of the therapy sessions, if you are not using gym for therapies, keep it open.
- Use "money x" -cheat to give starting funds 1000. You can sell the art the patients produce or their tinkerings for money. Or vegetables from the garden.
- Nobody can ever leave a lot or have any parties or invite people over. Nobody must have any jobs and patients are not allowed ever to use their phones.
- If your main character or any patient has valuable belongings, they must be confiscated behind locked doors while they stay patients in your hospital.
- Only the doctor is free to roam your hospital freely at all times. Do that by using the locks on doors to keep the patients out where you don't want them to go. Doctor can go to work, but not join in any career, because you are forced to leave a lot and motives are maxed out again.
- No romances or flirting at all within a house. Flirting or any evil or mischief actions you see withing patients must be punished by solitary, 24 hours minimum.
- No fighting, no breaking stuff, no sneaking to unwanted areas or anything that is irritating. If you see any of that, punish patients by solitary.
Therapy sessions are club gatherings, if you have Get Together expansion. You can make the club mood sad, because it is sad to have quack doctor who experiments on you with therapies.
Each therapy session lasts 6 hours minimum. During that time patients are not allowed outside the therapy room. You can do that by using locks on the doors. If they need to use the bathroom, eat or sleep, too bad, you must suck it up. Therapy is mandatory for everyone. You can control the other patients directly only to make them participate on therapies.
- Art therapy: Patients paint with an easel for 6 hours minimum
- Hydro: Patients must bath, swim or use sauna for 6 hours. Bathroom is allowed next to hydro room.
- One on one personal therapy, which is either counselling or shock therapy. Doctor is talking, using electric handshake or teasing them to make them sad (for an example: give fake bad news or claim you are a supervillain), if you run out of time, continue where you left off next wednesday. It is also a good way to increase mischief skill for your doctor and chief of mischief aspiration. Later the doctor can use voodoo on patients to experiment on. Make at least 3 mean or mischief actions with each patients.
- Tinkering shop: patients must use the workbench for 6 hours
- Free or gym: patients must use gym for 6 hours
- Hydro therapy (extended version): Patients must bath, swim or use sauna for 6 hours. Bathroom is allowed next to hydro room. In addition 2 selective or random patients have to swim for 9-12 hours. You can build a fence around the pool. If they drown they drown.
Therapy club (Get Together Expansion):
It can hold up to 8 sims max, your entire household. You can make sure the club actions are therapy actions, using workbenches, painting with an easel, listening to music, or using the gym, doing yoga. Even bath and swimming. Only bonus you can buy is the career bonus for your doctor if you decide to work, or socialize skill bonus. Mischief and evil actions bonus are good too and you can make a sad mood for your club. Make it infamous club, nobody likes crazy people and are afraid of your doctor and his/her dubious experiments.
Only realistic way for sims to die is hydro therapy, from either sauna or drowning. They can die in solitary too from starvation if they stay there long enough. If you leave a lot or play somebody elses household their needs are maximized again so no starvation. Your doctor can leave to work from the start but no careers and leaving a lot by controlling your sim.
If somebody dies you must leave urn on the lot, no getting rid of ghosts. If you like you can leave it on sight so sims auto mourn it and are sad very often.
If you like you can also make them paint when they are sad and turn the emotional aura on their paintings. Decorate your asylum with sad paintings to give your horror asylum a sad depressed mood.
To get out you must be declared sane. To do that you must roll a dice for getting rid of your ailments after 3 weeks. You can do this on every patients. If they leave the hospital you must create the new ones, or make somebody move by editing the existing households even if they have no ailments, especially the homeless, single or too old.
When your main character as a patient have had 3 electroshock therapy sessions (3 wednesdays) you must roll a dice. If you get 1-2 you get rid of the gloomy trait. If you're not gloomy , you get squeamish trait instead by rolling 1-2 (because it has been traumatic experience). You can choose which trait to replace with the squeamish trait except the 2 other mental ailments you might have (like hotheaded or insane).
Use "testingcheats on" and "cas.fulleditmode" to edit your sims traits. If you're cured of the gloomy trait and didn't get the squeamish trait, you can then choose whatever trait you like. If that is your only ailment, you're free. You can do this with every patients. You can repeat it every wednesday.
Behavioral problems and personality disorders (Hotheaded):
When you have had 6 hydro therapy sessions, you can roll a dice for hotheaded trait.
They are effective only because patients fear them, so patients "learn" to control their anger by not showing it up.
Rolling a dice 1-2 means you get rid of it. You must then roll a dice for after effect. 1-3 means you get to choose a new trait, you're cured. 4-6 means you are not cured and must roll a dice again. 1-3 means you get depressed (gloomy), 4-6 means you go insane.
If you're not hotheaded already, after 6 therapy session with the number 1-2 you get squeamish trait because of the traumatic experience. Again you can control which trait you replace with it expect your ailments.
Psychosis and personality disorders (Insanity):
To get rid of insane trait you must develop your skills to feel more grounded on earth.. No skill books are allowed.
- If you're active, you must have lvl6 fitness skill to be cured.
- If you're a foodie, you must have cooking skill lvl8 and gourmet lvl3 by serving group meals to other patients.
- If you're creative or art lover, you must have lvl6 painting skill
- If you're good, you must have lvl6 wellness skill
- If you're music lover, you must tinker yourself a guitar
- If you're perfectionist, you must have lvl8 handiness skill. You can fix broken objects outside the workshop sessions for that.
- If you're genius, you can play chess to maximum lvl9 logic at the library at your free time, then you're out
- If you're loving outdoors, you must have lvl6 gardening skill
If you have none of those traits or have already those maxed out to required level, too bad, you're incurably insane. But don't feel bad, there are other ways to get out or be declared sane.
Other ways to get out (by completing aspirations):
If you are there with no reason at all (do not suffer any ailments), you must complete 2 aspirations to lvl3 within hospital restrictions (maximum isn't possible, because you're restricted in a hospital and are not allowed to have work or romances). Same applies if you're too smart to begin with and have already maxed out some of your skills and are insane.
- You can build a fenced garden in your hospital to make it possible to complete lvl3 freelance botanist aspiration.
- You can publish your own songs to complete musical genius lvl3 aspiration (you must tinker guitar/violin for that if you didn't already have it in your inventory) Then it is confiscated and you can ask it back if you are in good terms with your doctor.
- You can build a locked room only for writing for lvl3 bestselling author aspiration.
- You can go to jogging for 2 hours for lvl3 bodybuilder aspiration.
- You can build level 3 mischief aspiration, but if the doctor sees you being mischief or mean you end up in solitary for 24 hours minimum. You can pull required pranks on aspiration computer (not the one in the doctors office). No other use of that except writing for writing aspiration.
No fabulously wealthy aspirations or mansion baron aspirations are allowed, (too easy and not caused by you). If you have worked your way some of the aspiration to lvl3, if you manage to build it somehow to lvl4 within hospital restrictions, it is count as 1 aspiration completed. Or if you have any other lvl2 aspiration completed and manage to get it to lvl3 while staying at a hospital it counts as one completed.
Get out by being the doctor's assistant (with evil or mean traits):
You can assist the doctor with his/her experiments and give one on one -therapy sessions and be the housekeeper after you have participated in your own 3 Wednesday therapy sessions. You must be good friends with a doctor too and know his/her traits by getting to know him/her(no flirting). You must be cooking meals, cleaning, fixing things while being doctor's assistant.
Then you can give 3 Wednesday therapy sessions for patients, after that you roll a dice for the skeleton key, if you get 1-2 you manage to steal a key. If you get 5-6 doctor sees you stealing it and you end up in solitary for 2 days and you are no longer doctor's assistant. If you get 3-4, nothing happens and you can try to steal a key next Wednesday after giving therapy to patients.
Or you can continue being doctor's evil assistant teasing the patients and building mischief skill to lvl6. You must not use/develop mischief skill any other way. Then you are declared sane, after that you can continue to live as doctor's assistant as his/her employee with specific rules or move out.. As his assistant giving therapies you can have doctor's coat now, but different one than your main doctor.
After completing the challenge you can continue to live there and assist the doctor if you like.
Your only duty is giving Wednesday therapy sessions at least every other Wednesday and making group meals when you're around.
Doctor can now go to work too and bills can be turned to normal. You can have jobs/careers and you can travel anywhere. You must not control any patients. You cannot invite anybody over or have any parties at asylum which do not include household only. You're his/her employee so there are some rules. As his/her assistant you get your own room upstairs with only 1 more expensive bed, and a drawer. Keep the room locked from anybody else at all times. You can use moneycheats if you don't have any money to build it. You can freely roam within a hospital except the doctor's personal rooms.
To add even more challenge:
If you're declared sane, only way to get out is to get married with existing household or if you have spouse already waiting for you at pre-existing home. Until that you can live as a patient freely within a hospital or as doctor's assistant.
If you live there willingly as a patient you are not forced to participate more sinister therapies, like hydro or electroshocks anymore. You are required to participate in other activity therapies like art and handicraft workshop, and gym and follow hospital rules. You still sleep at the dorm. You can go to where ever you like but not have a job. You must but not invite anybody over or have any children.
You can roll a dice for new traits after 4 hydro and 2 electro therapy session (after 2 weeks)
You can keep the therapy rooms unlocked all the time (like art and tinkering workshops) and patients can use them on their own. You can then build skills more quickly and do aspirations too.
Some notes about my own game:
I built a huge creepy asylum and did have a job for a doctor from the start. My doctor was in the science career and it was really hard to have any time for any therapies. Also it was a lot easier with all the patients motives maxed out when gone. I managed to kill one of my patients from sauna and did paint a lot of sad paintings after that in group therapy, decorated walls with them to give the asylum sad mood. A ghost haunting the mansion broke stuff all the time. My main sim was a housekeeper on the lot and all her time went away fixing things and cleaning and cooking and it was really hard. I ended up using the mod that stuff won't break so easily but it didn't feel right.
I developed my doctor's science career to a point when I can clone a sim. I moved in the sim in question and left the clone to live as a patient for human experiments instead and sent the original away. But that time I only had 7 members in my household and my doctor was kidnapped by aliens. Now there was an alien baby too on the lot and house was full of chaos. I got bored after that. I had a garden where art therapy is held at the fenced area outside where my doctor tried to take care of cowplant. I didn't manage to get cowplant working in any way to be more dangerous and deadly. It soon died, because of the hardworking long hours at the science career.
I don't know how hard the challenge is actually to play through and the balance between different different trait challenges. I haven't tried it yet. I suggest you try it with fresh characters. My main character as a patient had already skills maxed out and was not insane, so I did invent that she would become the evil doctor's assistant to escape or at least to have something to do as a patient instead of just taking part of the mandatory therapies. Also her many aspirations were already maxed out too.
Without any cheats or mods bills are too huge for this kind of challenge if you like to build big fancy asylum like I did.
#2 1st Jun 2018 at 3:01 PM
if your still working on asylum ideas I have a asylum music theme idea if your interested? American horror story asylum theme song Dominique a fitting song for any asylum.
#3 13th Jun 2018 at 3:53 PM
Just so you know, Paranoia Princess made a straightjacket, perfect for the challenge...