Replies: 208 (Who?), Viewed: 9279 times.
Page 5 of 9
Test Subject
#101 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 11:55 PM
I'm male. And to answer the followup question, I am a straight male. Technically I suppose I am demiheterosexual, but it's not an important distinction to me.
Mad Poster
#102 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 11:59 PM
Cookies!!!! Any left? Where?
Aspersim - like Jo and maxon said - you are actually a spring chicken around here!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#103 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 12:04 AM
Maybe they meant they have played sims for ages, only even there many of us started on the Civ 1.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#104 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 12:10 AM
I like cookies.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Usually hanging out in Sim Crafters these days. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Mad Poster
#105 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justpetro
Aspersim - like Jo and maxon said - you are actually a spring chicken around here!
Agreed! My 13th birthday was in 1964! I can't remember what presents I got, but I do know I didn't get a computer game!!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Scholar
#106 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 12:17 AM
My 13th birthday was February 10th, 2002

Here I am feeling old with 30 just around the corner
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 12:17 AM
Wow. Apparently my barely old enough to legally drink alcohol self is practically a baby around here!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#108 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 12:21 AM
Don't worry -- I'm "only" 24.

Usually hanging out in Sim Crafters these days. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Instructor
#109 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 12:28 AM
I'm 55 and just started playing Sims2 in 2007-2008..never heard of the game before that..fell in love and have been hooked on it ever since..ihatemandatoryregister..I just seen your siggi about "my memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt" I tend to use the words "brain fart"..lol
Inventor
#110 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedjr89
My 13th birthday was February 10th, 2002

Here I am feeling old with 30 just around the corner

I've been feeling 30 ever since I turned 29 last year, and within two weeks I will truly be that age.

Whenever I listen to the 80's station on our U-verse, some of the images I've seen has made me feel prehistoric for this new millennium. The way phones used to look like back then and how adolescents would place a boombox on their shoulder to listen to music. Microsoft Windows, Atari, and Nintendo are definitely older than me though. :D
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#111 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 12:39 AM
I started gaming around about 1979-1980 at 13 with sit down space invaders at out local public pool. I loved that game to bits. Scared to think how many 20 c pieces I fed it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#112 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamoodle5
I've been feeling 30 ever since I turned 29 last year, and within two weeks I will truly be that age.

Whenever I listen to the 80's station on our U-verse, some of the images I've seen has made me feel prehistoric for this new millennium. The way phones used to look like back then and how adolescents would place a boombox on their shoulder to listen to music. Microsoft Windows, Atari, and Nintendo are definitely older than me though. :D

I got a flip phone when I was 17 (pretty sure I was late) and it was one of those "You want an s in that text? Press that 7 button 4 times!" I think it was the 7 for an s

Boomboxes, I had one of those. Original gameboys where the games were black and white. I had a super nintendo.
VHS tapes
Cassette tapes (which I know are older than me but I could still go in the store when I was a kid and find cassette tapes to buy and I had some...would play them on my boombox)

ah...now i'm thinking of the 90s...I feel old

Oh and Happy early birthday!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#113 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broomhilda61
ihatemandatoryregister..I just seen your siggi about "my memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt" I tend to use the words "brain fart"..lol

Mostly just a disclaimer - brain injury a few years ago left me permanently impaired. Changed my personality entirely. Short-term memory is pretty much shot, long-term fared slightly better but has a tendency to leave out important details or confuse things. I've learned to compensate for it.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#114 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 12:56 AM
Can I just say as someone else with short term memory problems that I appreciate having Bulbasaur spelt out in your siggy because now I don't have to try and remember it, as I wouldn't have a hope.

~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#115 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedjr89
I got a flip phone when I was 17 (pretty sure I was late) and it was one of those "You want an s in that text? Press that 7 button 4 times!" I think it was the 7 for an s

Boomboxes, I had one of those. Original gameboys where the games were black and white. I had a super nintendo.
VHS tapes
Cassette tapes (which I know are older than me but I could still go in the store when I was a kid and find cassette tapes to buy and I had some...would play them on my boombox)

ah...now i'm thinking of the 90s...I feel old

Oh and Happy early birthday!

Although I still have my old flip phone, it's not used for calling or texting services anymore. It now acts as a storage for the pics I shot and the sounds I recorded of my adorable birds. Course the image quality is horrible.

I used to record stuff on cassette tapes all the time when I was a kid; I called them "silly tapes" because of all the crazy noises I made. Later on, I recorded music from my favorite radio station and gameplay from GTA 2. This about GTA 2 was a foreshadowing of my fun hobby capturing actual game footage on my computer after getting Fraps and having a little fun posting videos on Youtube years after. Nonetheless, it's great to listen to those old tapes every now and then again.

My ancient GameBoy still works and I only owned a few titles, most of which were Pokemon. I remembered sneaking that thing in my backpack so I can play it in the school bus to and from school. Speaking of Pokemon, I went absolutely nuts recording the anime when it used to show at my local station, and I think I managed to get 23 tapes before that station stopped Pokemon altogether and it moved on to cable. It was easy to get 20 episodes with SLP speed, which is much better than those company-made VHS tapes that held only two or three. Nowadays, those tapes are super expensive as heck and I remember they used to be 2 bucks for a pack of four.
Instructor
#116 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 1:03 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that..I also have short term memory loss that is why I say "brain fart" it's either laugh about it or cry all the time..mine is from child hood trauma..and same with my long term memory..I have to write out everything..lots of notes or I forget..and then sometimes I can't find the stupid notes..going to the store omgosh I have to have a list or I don't have a clue as to what I am supposed to get..now at a point of second guessing everything I am doing..or I will be talking to someone specially my sister and forget what I was talking about..so just for me I just say brain fart..have a lot of people saying that word now a days..several on another site I hang out at..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#117 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 1:50 AM
This is why I like talking online, you can read back what was said, and respond to it, but when talking to people I can never remember half of what they assume I know. They will be saying something and I'll be thinking, when? Who? We did? I panic trying to make sure I don't say something back that makes me appear foolish for not knowing things that I should.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#118 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 2:29 AM
The forum page tells me Jo has said something that I can't see...it's done this before...and saying something tends to fix it....sorry >.<
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#119 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 2:32 AM
Add classic. right after the http and it'll show up. e.g. http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...0&goto=lastpost

EDIT: The url keeps autoreplacing. Replace www with classic.

Scholar
#120 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 2:34 AM
so classic . modthesims . info/etc....just replacing the www with classic?

Thanks, next time it happens i'll be sure to do that
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#121 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 2:39 AM
I stay on classic as it is easier on my eyes, sorry to Bootstrap uses that can't see my posts. Delphy had fixed it but the issue seems to have come back.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#122 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 2:40 AM
Same with me Jo..you know I messed up here..I changed the subject and I'm so sorry everyone ..when I commented on ihatemandatoryregister siggi..I tend to do that as well..if something comes into my head I have to say something right then or there or I forget..
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#123 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 2:41 AM
You're not the only one to throw a thread off-topic.

Instructor
#124 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 2:46 AM
I know but I tend to do that a lot and I am sorry for that..there are some sites that omgosh you make a mistake like that and you get chewed up and spit out..then you feel like you should crawl under a rock..so I am sorry..don't want anyone mad at me..
Scholar
#125 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 2:48 AM
What is bootstrap? Isn't that a Mac thing? I have Windows 7...

Topics get off-topic sometimes, i've never seen anyone get mad about it here
Page 5 of 9