Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Felicity Island (Tropics)

by topp Posted 27th Dec 2016 at 5:21 PM - Updated 7th Jan 2023 at 12:30 PM by topp : (2023/01/07) small info about inhabited tropics

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th Dec 2016 at 6:12 PM
Yay! I'm well excited to see that you've released Felicity Island as a vacation destination, I think it will work perfectly for holidays! :-) Thank you for making and sharing this with us! :-)
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator THANKS POST
#3 Old 27th Dec 2016 at 7:06 PM
Thanks for all the hard work. It turned out amazing! :lovestruc
Theorist
THANKS POST
#4 Old 27th Dec 2016 at 7:09 PM Last edited by Sophie-David : 10th Jan 2017 at 8:38 PM. Reason: Is a thanks post.
Wow, this is indeed a tour de force! I can appreciate all the work that went into this and it looks great!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 3:30 AM
This place is incredible! Congrats for doing such an amazing job with this neighborhood!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 3:45 AM
Aaaaaaahhh!!! This is so amazing ! I've been waiting for this :D
Theorist
THANKS POST
#7 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 8:05 PM
It looks gorgeous! All of the extra effort needed to share it with the rest of us is appreciated.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 30th Dec 2016 at 3:28 AM
So exciting! I was getting preeeetty bored of playing the same ol' default vacation hoods. This is just perfect. Thank you so much! :D
Test Subject
#9 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 5:43 AM
Was anyone having issues getting it as a vacation hood when playing Sims 2 Ultimate Collection??
Theorist
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 5:37 PM
What seems to be the problem, Maks? I built this hood with the Ultimate Collection, so there shouldn't really be any issues with adding the hood to one.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 7:50 PM
This hood is truly a work of art and I don't think I can express just how much I love you for making it, DJ. I have one question though, and I hope it won't come off as too noobish or silly: is there any way to get the vacation hood to work with anything below the UC? I only have the EPs installed (Apartment Life being is my latest), and the island wasn't showing up as an option for a new vacation destination.
Theorist
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 7:43 PM
Unfortunately, no.

To have roughly 85 % of CC to show up, you'll need Seasons; to have the tropics version of the neighborhood, you'll need Bon Voyage; but to get the world to show up in the first place, you'll need Mansion & Garden Stuff.

Unless you're not interested in installing UC, getting the collection is fairly easy. I've read somewhere on these forums that the only thing you'd have to do is call EA support and provide them with either of the serial codes of your purchased games; EA then checks their database to see if the code was legally purchased and then gives you access to the UC through your Origin account.
Test Subject
#13 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 6:20 PM
Default Flashes
After I downloaded and installed this and loaded my regular hood the terrain was a flashing pink. Upon entering a lot my roads looked wonky and the walls of my house were wacky and flashing in red as well. Did anyone else encounter this problem? Which file(s) causes this and how do I fix it without deleting the hood?
Theorist
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 8:44 PM
Can you provide some pictures of the problem?

I don't have any particular mod on my mind that I know would be causing this. Maybe some Felicity CC is clashing with CC you already have in your Downloads folder. Try following the 50-50 method of narrowing down the faulty mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 5:27 PM
I kept getting an error notice after my sim would make the reservation. About a minute later, I'd get a message stating that there's been technical issues and the money has been refunded. I downloaded everything required/suggested and I'm working with UC so I have everything for it. The island would load if I went in myself to look at it but just can't send a sim to vacation there. No other vacation spots or subhoods have been connected to this nhood, it's a new one for legacy purposes, could it be I need to have at least one vacation spot? Probably not lol, idk. I'd really love to figure this out but I'm probably going to pass on it due to all the cc you need. Still yet, it's such a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing! And lucky for those of you w/o issues.
Theorist
Original Poster
#16 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 6:09 PM
Maybe the vacation shuttle is having issues spawning and dropping your Sims off to a lot. What's the exact text of the error? What lot did you send your Sims to? Have you tried sending them to a different hotel or to a purchased home?
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.
Maybe the vacation shuttle is having issues spawning and dropping your Sims off to a lot. What's the exact text of the error? What lot did you send your Sims to? Have you tried sending them to a different hotel or to a purchased home?

Sorry I don't remember what the exact text was just said something along the lines of technical issues and that my money has been refunded. After I kept getting the error, I just removed everything so couldn't even try it again to give exacts. I didn't choose a lot to send them to, I chose to choose upon arrival.
Theorist
Original Poster
#18 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 7:56 PM
Well, if one day you decide to reinstall the island and you start getting errors again, do post them here, please. I'll try my best to figure it out.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 10:17 AM
I can't find your list of lots...I don't see a gallery at the top of the page as you mentioned. Am I missing something?
Test Subject
#20 Old 10th May 2017 at 10:19 PM
What seems to be the problem, Maks? I built this hood with the Ultimate Collection, so there shouldn't really be any issues with adding the hood to one.

Sorry for such a late response, I've revisited this download to try and get it to work again but for some reason it's not working. I put it in the right directory and everything but for some reason when i go to install it as a vacation world, I don't get anything so I'm not sure what's going on.
Theorist
Original Poster
#21 Old 12th May 2017 at 1:50 PM
Maybe I'm asking a dumb question... but have you unpacked the folder from the archive? It's the folder that goes to Bon Voyage\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate, not the .rar file.
Test Subject
#22 Old 19th May 2017 at 2:26 AM
Maybe I'm asking a dumb question... but have you unpacked the folder from the archive? It's the folder that goes to Bon Voyage\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate, not the .rar file.

Yeah, I did it just now. The regular world works in my game but not the vacation world. I have the ultimate collection so I go to
Computer>Program Files(x86)>OriginGames>Sims2UltimateCollection>BonVoyage>TSData>Res>NeighborhoodTemplate.
I deleted the regular neighborhood from my folder before putting the vacation world in too, I just got a new computer and tried to see if it would work but still nothing. I don't know what's wrong with it :/ I'm downloading the one with locals as well, I'll try the non populated one and see if that works.
Test Subject
#23 Old 19th May 2017 at 2:33 AM
Okay, this is really strange... I play in Balladonna Cove as my usual world and for some very strange reason when I went to another world and tried to install the vacation worlds I have the option to create it but then went back to Balladonna Cove and didn't have the option... I honestly have NO idea why this is happening... any ideas on what to do to fix it? I really want to send my sims there for a letsplay/story I'm doing haha.
Theorist
Original Poster
#24 Old 20th May 2017 at 6:36 PM
Does Belladona Cove have any other worlds attached already?

What options do you get when you click "Add a vacation destination" in BC? Do you get any options to choose from when you try adding a downtown, college, or a shopping district?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 25th May 2017 at 10:15 PM
I've removed the all the vacation worlds more than once and when I go to add them back from being in the main BC hood, there's only the three main, and another one I put in my game, to choose from. I go to the subhood I play in within BC and it still just pops up with the three +the other custom one but no felicity island.
Page 1 of 2