Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CAS screen-no hacks or custom contents

by toewj Posted 26th Apr 2005 at 1:09 AM - Updated 4th Sep 2007 at 2:40 PM by toewj : misleading information about how to use this download - sorry guys!

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 32 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 12:13 AM
Thanks for posting. However, it is in the wrong sub forum. It should have been posted in New Neighborhoods and CAS screens sub forum.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#3 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 3:44 AM
It's been moved.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 7:17 AM Last edited by toewj : 27th Apr 2005 at 7:25 AM.
sorry... i dint realize i was in the wrong forum when i posted this. at the time i was viewing onedumcookie's CAS screen. i wonder how i got back to the residential sub forum, but thanks 4 moving it.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 6:10 PM
Thanks for this screen. I have been bored with the original one, and though a lot of people have made cool CAS, I don't want to have to go to 6 different websites to pick up things so it works. SO thanks for making this one using no custom content! I really like it! Thanks too for including those nice detailed instructions on where to put this, otherwise I would not have known! (This is my first CAS! ) Thanks again!

Quote:
Life is not about the amount of breaths you take, it's about the moments that take your breath away.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 7:22 PM
Looks good but caused my game to crash..........
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ziggybec2005

really? i didn't hav the ep, so it should be compatible to the original as well as the ep... and i didnt use any custom content, and it free of hacks of any kind. i admitt that its a little slow to load on my comp (because of its larger file size) the original CAS is about 600kb, while this one is about 800kb. i dont think it will a problem on faster computers, and not the reason it crashed ur game. i suggest u post this question on the game play forum of this site and ask the experts.
sorry for the trouble and thanks for downloading.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 5:57 PM
Hmm. Definately looks as though it has Custom stuff. Sorry, but I've never seen some of these colours. You do know recolours only PACKAGE with lots when made into a Sims2Pack file?
Test Subject
#9 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 2:04 AM
ya same here! I put back the original file but it still crashed. HELP! I NEED TO CREAT SIMS WITH THAT SCREEN lol!

WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE FOR MASS DOWNLOADING
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 3:59 AM
THE REASON YOUR GAMES CRASHES IS BECAUSE YOU PUT THE FILE IN THE WRONG DIRECTORY YOU MUST PUT IT IN THE DOWNLOAD FOLDER NOT!!!!!!!! PROGRAM FILES/EAGAMES BLA BLA BLA ... like many people think but THE DOWNLOAD FOLDER!!!

~peace~
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 4:09 AM
SAME THING FOR YACAS! SCREEN YOU YACAS HEHE GET IT

~peace~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 6:17 AM Last edited by toewj : 29th Apr 2005 at 6:22 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by freekydeekydutch
ya same here! I put back the original file but it still crashed. HELP! I NEED TO CREAT SIMS WITH THAT SCREEN lol!

Quote: Originally posted by Daan1302
Hmm. Definately looks as though it has Custom stuff. Sorry, but I've never seen some of these colours. You do know recolours only PACKAGE with lots when made into a Sims2Pack file?

daan1302 is right that recolours only come with lots in a Sims2pack file. but i m confirmed that i DIDN'T use ANY custom content in this CAS. every item is from the original game itself. and it still runs in my game flawlessly when i disabled all custom contents in my computer using clean installer.
what i'm thinking is that maybe u guys hav university ep while i dont. my CAS is probably usable by the original game only.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 6:36 PM

check out this thread : http://forums.modthesims2.com/showt...=cas+crash+game
#14 Old 1st May 2005 at 12:53 AM
where is your objests mesh ??
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st May 2005 at 1:05 AM Last edited by toewj : 1st May 2005 at 1:07 AM.
Quote:
where is your objests mesh ??

all the objects are from the original game so there is no custom objects meshes involved.
#16 Old 1st May 2005 at 2:03 AM
OH my sim2 has crashed and i can't come to make family .why??
#17 Old 1st May 2005 at 2:43 AM
Can you tell me the mothe how to install the CAS or make a package incloud custom textures, floors and/or walls i very like your CSA but i can't use it .
help! thankyou!~~~~~~
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 1st May 2005 at 5:17 AM
Wow very stylish, Thanks.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 2nd May 2005 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by raya0609
Can you tell me the mothe how to install the CAS or make a package incloud custom textures, floors and/or walls i very like your CSA but i can't use it .
help! thankyou!~~~~~~

go to this tutorial forum : http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=47150
Test Subject
#20 Old 2nd May 2005 at 12:32 PM
Woop Woop This Is Good Hoo Yeah!!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 6th May 2005 at 11:40 AM
Thankyou soo much for making this without any custom content! When I first saw it I was sure I was going to have to search a ton of sites for cc, as usual lol. It looks really cool. Thanks again!
Test Subject
#22 Old 6th May 2005 at 2:16 PM
noooo! i want it so badly but i have university help!
Test Subject
#23 Old 8th May 2005 at 9:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rvn290
THE REASON YOUR GAMES CRASHES IS BECAUSE YOU PUT THE FILE IN THE WRONG DIRECTORY YOU MUST PUT IT IN THE DOWNLOAD FOLDER NOT!!!!!!!! PROGRAM FILES/EAGAMES BLA BLA BLA ... like many people think but THE DOWNLOAD FOLDER!!!

~peace~

I'm usually pretty hesident to except the advice of somebody who posts in all caps. But this actually did work for me.
Thanks rvn.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 17th May 2005 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by magmar2k
I'm usually pretty hesident to except the advice of somebody who posts in all caps. But this actually did work for me.
Thanks rvn.

sorry about the caps and glad i could help but they are soooooo many people that think they have to put those files in the global folder when its the download folder that is right just wanted people to finaly notice the right way to do it
#25 Old 21st May 2005 at 10:47 PM
What does this do?
Page 1 of 2