Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Always FreeBuild (Updated 6/26)

by TwistedMexi Posted 26th Apr 2017 at 11:29 PM - Updated 26th Jun 2018 at 5:01 PM by TwistedMexi : Break Fix

48 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 12:10 AM
This is very helpful and very much needed, Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 1:10 AM
Very good thank you!
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 3:12 AM
Hi! Do I need to unzip this file or install as is? Thank you! :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Crabbey
Hi! Do I need to unzip this file or install as is? Thank you! :D

Unzip and there's a .ts4script file inside. That needs to go straight into your Mods folder.

TwistedMexi's Cheat Resource || Base Game Mods || Expansion Mods
All my mods and cheats are entirely free, but if you'd like to support me, you can buy me a coffee.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm also now on twitter and you can find me on Patreon!
Test Subject
#6 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TwistedMexi
Unzip and there's a .ts4script file inside. That needs to go straight into your Mods folder.

Okay, thank you! And what about your MOO mod? Sorry for the questions! :">
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Crabbey
Okay, thank you! And what about your MOO mod? Sorry for the questions! :">

All my always <blank> mods are script mods so same instructions apply

All my mods and cheats are entirely free, but if you'd like to support me, you can buy me a coffee.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Test Subject
#8 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 3:40 AM
All my always <blank> mods are script mods so same instructions apply

Thank you again! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 4:31 AM
I assume this mod applies to all venues? If I build on a residential lot with this mod, the price for any Sim I place will be "0"? If I then add to the lot after placing the Sim (pool, trees, et al), does its value still stay at "0"? What happens with my current residential lots now standing with a value? and if they're occupied and added to ? I'm attracted to this mod because the occupational rewards requirements are lifted but I'm wondering about other "complications". I build much more than I play but I still mess around with the Sims some lol I'm trying to decide if this is better/easier than bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement ?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Skanning
I assume this mod applies to all venues? If I build on a residential lot with this mod, the price for any Sim I place will be "0"? If I then add to the lot after placing the Sim (pool, trees, et al), does its value still stay at "0"? What happens with my current residential lots now standing with a value? and if they're occupied and added to ? I'm attracted to this mod because the occupational rewards requirements are lifted but I'm wondering about other "complications". I build much more than I play but I still mess around with the Sims some lol I'm trying to decide if this is better/easier than bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement ?

Real-estate value is unaffected, so it would still cost you money to move in a sim. What the cheat does is give you a blank check, letting you place objects at no cost but they still retain their value. The more objects you have on a lot, the more expensive it will be to move in.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 3:19 PM
Wowza what an idea. And on special lots! That about cinched it for me. Thanks so much. This sounds awesome.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 5:20 PM
Yay! Thankyou!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#13 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 8:32 PM
dioes that mean also build without payment or only all objects unlocked?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aadrianova
dioes that mean also build without payment or only all objects unlocked?

Yes, it includes building without payment.

Instructor
#15 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 9:26 PM
Yes, it includes building without payment.
oh so... not for me I play to earn money and buy for earned but cool idea anyway
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aadrianova
oh so... not for me I play to earn money and buy for earned but cool idea anyway

I can upload an alternative version later tonight for just unlocking rewards.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 11:16 PM
Thank you for taking the time to respond...not all do :-) If you really don't mind...another "always" mod would be more than welcome as in "always unlocked rewards". lol Am I pushing my luck? Take care and thank you again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 8:00 AM
Love this mod and the freedom it offers But I've encountered a problem; my sims household inventory is now permanently disabled unless I uninstall the mod. It's a bit of a downer because I like to store all my collections in there. Any chance of a workaround?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 3:22 PM Last edited by TwistedMexi : 28th Apr 2017 at 3:54 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Linkala
Love this mod and the freedom it offers But I've encountered a problem; my sims household inventory is now permanently disabled unless I uninstall the mod. It's a bit of a downer because I like to store all my collections in there. Any chance of a workaround?

Hi Linkala, unfortunately this seems to be hardcoded. So this mod is mostly useful for those who use the sims as a building game rather than a simulation. Sorry

You can always enter the cheat manually, bb.enablefreebuild whenever you want to use it.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 9:36 PM
Love it!
Test Subject
#21 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 9:01 AM
Hi Linkala, unfortunately this seems to be hardcoded. So this mod is mostly useful for those who use the sims as a building game rather than a simulation. Sorry

You can always enter the cheat manually, bb.enablefreebuild whenever you want to use it.

Oh well, it's still a great mod Keep up the awesome work!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 7th May 2017 at 9:03 PM
Hi, thanks for the great mod, but for some reason it's not working for me. i extracted the script file and placed it in the mods folder, yet when i build it shows dollars being extracted and objects are still locked, help would be appreciated thanks.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 8th May 2017 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by newgamer6
Hi, thanks for the great mod, but for some reason it's not working for me. i extracted the script file and placed it in the mods folder, yet when i build it shows dollars being extracted and objects are still locked, help would be appreciated thanks.

There's a checkbox for script mods in Gameplay Options -> Other make sure it's checked and that the Always Freebuild mod shows up in the popup when you start the game.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 8th May 2017 at 7:22 PM
Thank you for the info, as a senior citizen who enjoys building and furnishing homes your script mod has given me new life, all is well thanks again!!
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#25 Old 18th May 2017 at 4:51 PM
I am curious if this mod will work nicely with a feature in deaderpool's MCCC which does something similar? I am interested in using this mod for fixing the 3 career lots if I spot an issue during gameplay.

I THINK the reason why the Sims' inventory panels are disabled is if the Sim is sent to work on a career lot, and anything they have in their inventories might be temporarily disabled. Same thing for Sims sent to venue lots or parks. But correct me if I am wrong because I was always under the assumption that the Sims' inventories cannot be accessed from a lot that is not their home or from a lot they run a business on. That's assuming this is something EA copied from Sims 2 and 3.
Page 1 of 2