Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Trait/Custom Life State Inheritance & Club Filters

by KlingonDragon Posted 16th May 2017 at 5:58 PM - Updated 15th Jun 2021 at 9:35 PM by KlingonDragon : Club Filters V.1.3.9 [New EP/GP Traits]

89 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 69 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 4
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 16th May 2017 at 8:42 PM
um... as far as I know Succubus stopped working?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th May 2017 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aadrianova
um... as far as I know Succubus stopped working?

I uploaded a fix (to the comments) a few months ago. I'm uploading it as a complete mod later this evening.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 21st May 2017 at 3:24 AM
Hi, thank you so so much for this mod !
Could you please also add the siren trait http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=592916 ? And of course, update the succubus trait whenever it's done processing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 22nd May 2017 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PoppyKris
Hi, thank you so so much for this mod !
Could you please also add the siren trait http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=592916 ? And of course, update the succubus trait whenever it's done processing.
OH MY GOD! Thanks for including my siren trait! And thanks to @PoppyKris for the suggestion!
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd May 2017 at 4:15 PM
Hey! Maybe I'm not using this right but my sims don't seem to be inheriting the plantsim trait. Do you have to use the plantsim forever mod? Or am I not understanding how this works?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd May 2017 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aaronj3
Hey! Maybe I'm not using this right but my sims don't seem to be inheriting the plantsim trait. Do you have to use the plantsim forever mod? Or am I not understanding how this works?

It doesn't always pass on. There is a chance. When I was testing, my sims inherited the plant sim trait about 1 in 3 times.

I am using a plant sim mod I made to keep the plant sim a plant sim forever (similar to the mod you mentioned, but with a couple of differences). But that doesn't affect inheritance. It's just that otherwise the sim would stop being a plant sim after a while.
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd May 2017 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KlingonDragon
It doesn't always pass on. There is a chance. When I was testing, my sims inherited the plant sim trait about 1 in 3 times.

I am using a plant sim mod I made to keep the plant sim a plant sim forever (similar to the mod you mentioned, but with a couple of differences). But that doesn't affect inheritance. It's just that otherwise the sim would stop being a plant sim after a while.
Ohh, I though so but i wasn't sure. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 26th May 2017 at 11:39 AM
you mention it is not there because of mccc,
since mccc is NOT my fav (or even working without it's cfg file (which is not in version 3))

I request a male/female inclusion file for the club filter mentioned on the front page
for those of us that otherwise won't have that
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th May 2017 at 12:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mr_db1
you mention it is not there because of mccc,
since mccc is NOT my fav (or even working without it's cfg file (which is not in version 3))

I request a male/female inclusion file for the club filter mentioned on the front page
for those of us that otherwise won't have that

The cfg is created by the mod if it's not there. And unless you configure it, it will work exactly like the normal game. There's plenty of information on the tumblr pages. And if you still need help you can visit the discord server. The cheerleaders (of which I am one) will always try and help with any problems you may have.

Nevertheless, I will make a male and female version for those who don't use MCCC.
Test Subject
#11 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 4:22 PM
I think the life inheritance might need updating - my sim aged her plantsim baby up into a toddler, the baby was asleep when I aged it up and now it says the toddler is asleep, but there is no baby or toddler to be seen anywhere despite there being a toddler in my household panel, and when I click to control them it doesn't give me the option to do anything. If I right click them to try find them, nothing happens.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Purrdalecki
I think the life inheritance might need updating - my sim aged her plantsim baby up into a toddler, the baby was asleep when I aged it up and now it says the toddler is asleep, but there is no baby or toddler to be seen anywhere despite there being a toddler in my household panel, and when I click to control them it doesn't give me the option to do anything. If I right click them to try find them, nothing happens.

Have you tried running the game without other mods.
Test Subject
#13 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 12:04 AM
Hey, I was wondering how you get the menu where you check what traits can be passed down? Thanks.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by genojasona
Hey, I was wondering how you get the menu where you check what traits can be passed down? Thanks.

I'm not sure what menu you're talking about. Do you mean a way of checking the traits of the child sim?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 6:41 PM
https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/9/8/8/1/4/4/3/1694388.largethumb.png That is what i meant.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by genojasona
https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/9/8/8/1/4/4/3/1694388.largethumb.png That is what i meant.

That's the club filters window. If you want to filter by traits that comes up and you can select the traits you want your club members to need to have.

It has nothing to do with inheritance.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KlingonDragon
That's the club filters window. If you want to filter by traits that comes up and you can select the traits you want your club members to need to have.

It has nothing to do with inheritance.

Oh darn. I came here because I thought this mod had to do with trait inheritance too. The name and screenshot looks like you mean club filters, and trait inheritance with custom life state inheritance. Like as if it will filter down to just the traits of the parents for you to choose from for the children.

Anyway, so does the KlingonDragon_Trait-Inheritance.zip file need Get Together? It does just the custom life state inheritance, right?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DemonOfSarila
Oh darn. I came here because I thought this mod had to do with trait inheritance too. The name and screenshot looks like you mean club filters, and trait inheritance with custom life state inheritance. Like as if it will filter down to just the traits of the parents for you to choose from for the children.

Anyway, so does the KlingonDragon_Trait-Inheritance.zip file need Get Together? It does just the custom life state inheritance, right?

The Inheritance works like the alien and vampire stuff works. There is no choice.
The .zip holds the .package that should go in your mods folder. That file adds inheritance for the traits and the life states. No need for GT or Vampires or any other pack.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 3:05 AM Last edited by lemememeringue : 27th Dec 2017 at 11:23 PM.
Got this mod for the PlantSims! It works (which I can't tell until the child's aged up to a toddler), but when I go into CAS to edit, the trait is gone?
EDIT: Well, it looked like it worked... reloading my game, I see my "PlantSim" toddler is actually just human.
Test Subject
#20 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lemememeringue
Got this mod for the PlantSims! It works (which I can't tell until the child's aged up to a toddler), but when I go into CAS to edit, the trait is gone?
EDIT: Well, it looked like it worked... reloading my game, I see my "PlantSim" toddler is actually just human.

As he said earlier, your sims won't always be born a plantsim, even if both their parents are.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 5:09 AM
Will you update for fairies?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 11:15 AM Last edited by KlingonDragon : 25th Feb 2018 at 1:29 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by TheFandomGirl
Will you update for fairies?

Fairies? Have they announced Fairies? I've not played in months and have some catching up to do.

Update: I see now which mod(s) you were talking about. Ive asked the creator and I should be able to add inheritance for Fairies this evening.

I will try to keep this mod updated with any/all life states EA adds and any/all traits/life states people request (unless the mod's creator requests otherwise).
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 5:21 AM
With this mod in I get an LE and sims/pets and the ui disappear. https://pastebin.com/CJ7C9531
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HumALittle
With this mod in I get an LE and sims/pets and the ui disappear. https://pastebin.com/CJ7C9531

It's amazing what missing a single '<U>' can do to code. this version should be fixed.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 11:55 PM
I'm excited this mod is back! Do you know if there would be any issue with graycurse's random traits and aspirations mod? [http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=603546] That one is just a script, so I wouldn't think so but I'm not sure.
Page 1 of 4