Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Microphone For Visitors + Ownership And Autonomy Settings

by Lamare Posted 26th Jun 2017 at 12:29 AM - Updated 13th Oct 2021 at 9:35 PM by Lamare : title

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 12:44 AM
excellent!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 2:50 AM
This is great! thanks
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 11:35 AM
Mods that let us tune the visitors' autonomous behaviour are always very useful, thank you for this!

Does this affect residential lots as well as community lots? I'm thinking of Neder's mods here on MTS which let townies and visitors perform (violin, ballet barre) on community lots, but not in private homes, like Pescado's No Buskers.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 6:12 PM
This is perfect timing for a lot I have in mind. Thank you so much!!!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 6:45 PM
I was wondering why the customers in my coffee shop always ignored my sims' performances. Thanks for fixing this!
just a girl
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 9:17 PM Last edited by Lamare : 28th Jun 2017 at 4:56 AM.
@Lili975, the mod do not differentiate types of lots. It removes hard ban from visitors. I can do more of a fine tuning, but then it won't be compatible with other mods that touch the same files. I think, gummilutt's mod takes care of autonomy on residential lots. If you don't use it or other similar mods, I can do a seperate version with lot restriction for you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 10:42 PM
Great idea! Thanks!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 11:01 PM
Neat! i like the little scene you set up very much, as well!

-grinEvilly
>=)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 4:12 AM
Thanks, this is going to make poetry in the park a lot more fun!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 8:22 AM
Lamare, thank you for answering and for your kind offer! I didn't know about gummilutt's mod, and I can't use it because it would conflict with NoBuskers.
I would love to have your mod where it wouldn't affect residential lots (including Young Adult homes if feasible but if not it's not important), I like visitors to behave like visitors, sit and chat with their hosts basically I don't know if that would conflict with NoBuskers?

If it's a simple change and if it's not too much trouble, I'd like that, yes. Otherwise it's OK, microphones are more of a community lot object anyway, and so your mod as it is now is already very useful!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#12 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 1:01 AM
Very, very useful. Thank you!
just a girl
Original Poster
#13 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 1:51 AM
Default One more version with menu
I've made one more version with wider customization. See description in the main post.

Sorry for not doing it in the first place. After closer look I realized that none of the mods I've listed even cover microphone, so no conflicts there. I guess I thought they counted it in as a musical instrument, but I was wrong.
Link Ninja
THANKS POST
#14 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 3:28 AM
This is a really slick object, thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 9:57 AM
Awesome, the "auto" setting on the pie menu is the perfect configuration for me, and with a pie menu everyone can have their favourite setting, and even change that for specific lots and sims. Let me thank you again, for adding a new version and so fast!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#16 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 3:42 PM
Great idea! Many thanks.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 3:58 PM
Awesome update, thank you! I love being able to configure it per lot.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#18 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 11:21 PM
What a clever idea! And version C is awesome, love it when there are options to suit many different scenarios and preferences. Great when a creation can fit most ways someone might want to use it. Thank you for making it and sharing it with the rest of us I suspect visits to the local comedy club in my hood are going to increase in the near future!

And on a more selfish note, thank you for mentioning my mod and that it doesn't conflict. Always fun to see something of yours get mentioned in context to something else. Rarely happens, so it was really fun to see. And I'm glad mine doesn't conflict with this
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 11:10 PM
MUNTO OBRIGADO AMEI
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 12:34 PM
What a wonderful mod! Thank you so much. I too wondered why sims were never interested in performers - now I know. This will make my clubs so much better. Can't wait to try this out. Thank you again.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 10:22 PM
Is there any way to get dormies to use the microphone autonomously in dorm lots?
just a girl
Original Poster
#22 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 4:07 AM
@zeroboys008, what version do you use? A, B or C, and if C, what setting?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#23 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 9:41 AM
I try not to download too many mods anymore ... too often, they can clash ... but this one is so, so needed. It always puzzled me why, whenever my Sims perform, others don't watch, or that I really can't make a proper "open mic" night because I have to pretty much drag Sims up on stage. Thank you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#24 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 2:34 PM
This is SO useful. Going for the menu version, it's great for home lot businesses.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 5:26 PM
Do visitors on residential lot ignore as well? Asking before I download this mod. I notice that at least a playable seem tto contribute in sitting down and reacting as need, but I have yet to tested with customers and visiting sims If they do the same. I'll do some testing once I get the ticket-machine ran business.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Page 1 of 2