Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Hair Recolor/Hair Dye Accessory

by emile20 Posted 28th Aug 2017 at 10:17 AM - Updated 10th Jan 2020 at 3:21 AM by emile20 : updated tutorial video

40 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 10:28 AM
Look at this, EA. You don't need to remake all textures, you just need to give us overall brightness/saturation/hue sliders and we're set!

btw thanks op
Theorist
#3 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 7:01 PM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 6th Sep 2017 at 7:16 AM.
... ... Do these -really- work with any maxis match CC hair?! Does not work on most Maxis match CC.

This may be the single greatest mod for the game since release. Does not work on most EA hairs.

You, sir have won the entire internet. Admin, please feature this! No version for children or toddlers.

Needs a bit of tweaking. But for the few hairstyles it works on (very few) it works wonders.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 8:13 PM
I shared your post on my facebook group. I love this mod.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 8:23 PM
I didnt even have to finish this. Natural blond in the game is soooo yellow. Thanks
Theorist
#6 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
I didnt even have to finish this. Natural blond in the game is soooo yellow. Thanks

Not to mention how comically red the red hair is. I've been dying for a nice rusty red and sandy blonde, but loathed the idea of trying to find recolours for all the SPs, GPs, EPs, and the 50+ CC hairs I have x.x
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 12:50 AM
I was just lamenting last night how the game doesn't have anything resembling a dark blonde or light golden brown shade. This might end up being my new favorite mod!
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 12:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Not to mention how comically red the red hair is. I've been dying for a nice rusty red and sandy blonde, but loathed the idea of trying to find recolours for all the SPs, GPs, EPs, and the 50+ CC hairs I have x.x

*cough*lost-my-plumbbob-in-your-pond.tumblr.com/hairrecolours*cough*
Theorist
#9 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by madoka99
*cough*lost-my-plumbbob-in-your-pond.tumblr.com/hairrecolours*cough*

That's exactly the problem, it's like 30 downloads and still doesn't touch any CC hairs. This would be so much easier if it worked on more than like, 3 male hairs :\
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 2:35 AM
Great idea. EA hair colors are sooooo boring! Thank You!
Theorist
#11 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 10:34 AM
I don't suppose there's a way to have this copy over to your sim's bathing outfit is there?

feels a bit weird when my sim with olive green hair suddenly turns into a redhead in the shower xD
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 5:45 AM
This is marvelous. I especially like the streaking ones. I've always want to do fun colours on my sims but hate that it changes the genetics, now I can do so without worry. Thanks so much for sharing.
Test Subject
#13 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 1:17 PM
Do you think there could ever be a chance of the highlights being thinner, and/or applying it to the lower portion of the hair rather than the upper? Because there have been many times where I'll think "I'll give this sim some extra color by tossing in some funky highlights!!" But then the highlights end up taking up nearly half of the whole hair, which is a lot more than I want some sims to have. And in real life, I actually have colored hair, specifically magenta, but only the bottom half is colored. From the top of the color to the roots is just my natural brown, making it look almost dip-dyed, and there's no way really to apply that to a sim, sadly, which I would love to do if I could!

Do note that these are just suggestions and feedback, not demands for something you have to do or something. I just think it'd be really cool to expand this a bit! But if you can't, that's totally fine!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KikiAgent15
Do you think there could ever be a chance of the highlights being thinner, and/or applying it to the lower portion of the hair rather than the upper? Because there have been many times where I'll think "I'll give this sim some extra color by tossing in some funky highlights!!" But then the highlights end up taking up nearly half of the whole hair, which is a lot more than I want some sims to have. And in real life, I actually have colored hair, specifically magenta, but only the bottom half is colored. From the top of the color to the roots is just my natural brown, making it look almost dip-dyed, and there's no way really to apply that to a sim, sadly, which I would love to do if I could!

Do note that these are just suggestions and feedback, not demands for something you have to do or something. I just think it'd be really cool to expand this a bit! But if you can't, that's totally fine!

sorry for the late reply I have done this and will update it soon
Test Subject
#15 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 7:53 PM
Thanks for this, it is very useful for one of my sims! Unfortunately, said sim is now a vampire and I've come across an issue. I can't select the accessory for vampires in either form, or aliens in alien form. It's not in the accessory list no matter what filters I choose. Oddly enough, if you apply the accessory before being turned into a vampire you will keep the accessory equipped properly, yet it doesn't appear in the accessory list at all. I removed all mods except this one and tested it on new cas sims, same result.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Auralen
Thanks for this, it is very useful for one of my sims! Unfortunately, said sim is now a vampire and I've come across an issue. I can't select the accessory for vampires in either form, or aliens in alien form. It's not in the accessory list no matter what filters I choose. Oddly enough, if you apply the accessory before being turned into a vampire you will keep the accessory equipped properly, yet it doesn't appear in the accessory list at all. I removed all mods except this one and tested it on new cas sims, same result.

Yeah it's disabled for vampires and aliens in that form. I batch fixed using Sims4studio you can probably do the same and renable it
Test Subject
#17 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 9:40 PM
Can you upload a version that works for vampires? I am no good with modding.
Test Subject
#18 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 4:13 AM
It doesn't show up at all for me. I have all four installed.
Is this just because it's outdated?
Test Subject
#19 Old 13th May 2019 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by poppamillion
It doesn't show up at all for me. I have all four installed.
Is this just because it's outdated?

I had the same question!
and is there any new mod for haircolors? I'm desperately looking for!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 22nd May 2019 at 6:27 PM
It does show up and still work, go to accessorys earring and remove filters and find it
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 1:29 PM
Finally, my Sim can have the purple hair she deserves! Thanks. :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 5:55 PM
Just saw this and grabbed it because I have been leaning towards just using clay hair instead off cc hair lately due to crappy lap top declining in health. I have edited the occult's in sims 4 studio and enabled it for nude outfit also..maybe if you don't mind I can share it with others if they ask for it since you have been awol. Awesome idea though...maybe I can tinker with it a little bit more :P
Test Subject
#23 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 1:24 PM Last edited by risiera : 8th Oct 2019 at 8:44 PM. Reason: Added zip
Default Still works
Quote: Originally posted by momotown
I had the same question!
and is there any new mod for haircolors? I'm desperately looking for!

Yes it still works. I downloaded it last night. I've unflagged cas parts in sims4studio for vampires and aliens so it will now show up. I was pondering to unflag to allow children and toddlers but it took awhile to edit each file just for occults. But if anyone is interested in the file let me know and I'll upload it here as I'm sure the creator won't mind since they haven't posted in a year. I have the newest patch and updated sims4studio so it will work for everyone. I can edit and allow for children and toddlers if anyone wants it but I'm not going to even attempt it if no one responds

Edit: Here is the file for anyone who wants their aliens and vampires to be able to use this. Tested and works in my game and was surprised at being able to use it on some cc hair as well as RedheadSims hairs(my favorite for ethnic hairs).
I haven't changed the names so just extract the folders from inside the zip and plop them in ur mods and let it override the original files, there should be 4 files in total.Hopefully the creator won't mind that I edited it. I can't take credit as all I did was edit the cas parts for occults in s4studio that was initially obstructed If their are any problems let me know.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  MTS_HairDyeEditbyRisi.rar (1.87 MB, 227 downloads)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 3rd Apr 2020 at 2:12 AM
Thanks! Appreciate it and wish we could get a simple slider in game for this.
Test Subject
#25 Old 26th Apr 2020 at 1:25 PM
Thanks a lot for this mod and thank you too Risiera for your upload. I don't like EA's yellowish-blonde, but I don't want to end-up with a DL per hairstyle. I can't wait to try this in my game
Page 1 of 2