Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Bedwetting for everyone

by Proximitron Posted 24th Sep 2017 at 5:56 PM - Updated 7th Jan 2024 at 12:49 AM by Proximitron

178 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 140 Feedback Posts, 37 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 8
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 8:36 PM
It seems to conflict with MC Command; the ui for mc wont show up if I click on a pc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 8:53 PM
I will try to find out why. I currently try to debug why "bed_Nap" does not allow for "toddler_UseDiaper" while "bed_sleep" does. I added
Code:
<T n="_super_affordance_can_share_target">True</T>
<V t="literal" n="super_affordance_compatibility">
    <U n="literal">
      <V n="default_inclusion" t="exclude_all">
        <U n="exclude_all">
	  <L n="include_affordances">
            <T>140680<!--SuperInteraction: toddler_UseDiaper--></T>
            <T>157046<!--SuperInteraction: toddler_UseDiaper_Continuation--></T>
          </L>
          <L n="include_lists">
            <T>139888<!--AffordanceList: affordanceList_Restaurants_WaitInteractions--></T>
          </L>
        </U>
      </V>
    </U>
  </V>

In both cases, but it didn't work for nap... strange...
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Proximitron
I will try to find out why. I currently try to debug why "bed_Nap" does not allow for "toddler_UseDiaper" while "bed_sleep" does. I added
Code:
<T n="_super_affordance_can_share_target">True</T>
<V t="literal" n="super_affordance_compatibility">
    <U n="literal">
      <V n="default_inclusion" t="exclude_all">
        <U n="exclude_all">
					<L n="include_affordances">
            <T>140680<!--SuperInteraction: toddler_UseDiaper--></T>
            <T>157046<!--SuperInteraction: toddler_UseDiaper_Continuation--></T>
          </L>
          <L n="include_lists">
            <T>139888<!--AffordanceList: affordanceList_Restaurants_WaitInteractions--></T>
          </L>
        </U>
      </V>
    </U>
  </V>

In both cases, but it did work only for sleep... strange...

Thank you for your hard work!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 9:16 PM Last edited by Proximitron : 25th Sep 2017 at 5:59 PM.
I found the error with MC Command Center. Some old test-XML from this project. I used them to learn how to inject commands that link to python-codefiles. I cleaned them up and also removed any other debug related xml. Now only xml i listed will be in the release... Stay tuned for release 0.23 tomorrow... as soon as i find out why toddler_UseDiaper does not work with nap-cases (even for toddler!). I probably have to re-export all xml again, because i think this worked for toddlers before by default (using diapers while taking a nap on a sofa for example).

EDIT:
I removed ALL mods and let my toddler sleep on the couch... and after that use the diaper. The continuation (the usage of the diaper really) does not work, only after the toddler wakes up again. Is this a bug in my version or has everyone this bug?
EDIT2:
After hours of debuging, i found out that any kind of looping_content-entry blocks the execution of other looping_content-entrys. While "bed_Nap_Toddler" does not use any sleeping animation that requires a loop, "bed_Nap" does, and so does "toddler_UseDiaper". The fun part about this is that this bug is present in the original game, as far as i can tell. Even toddler can not use its "toddler_UseDiaper" while "sofa_Nap_Toddler". So no toddler, in the original game, can wett its diapers while taking a nap on a sofa, while it is working just fine if they take a nap on the bed. Who knew?
EDIT3:
I am searching for a fix for toddler-function that use "looping_content" until today! I found only a solution for animation that are used for bigger sims, because they support "canonical_animation".
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 8:29 PM
Now I have another problem It's causing my mc UI to have missing strings
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 8:47 PM
Looks like i have to clean up translation-files too. Sorry, will be in the next patch. As there is no other file involved, translation errors should be all for now... oh McCmdCenter 3.6.0 should work without any errors, because if there are wrong translation files implemented, they are probably from that version. Next patch version 0.24 will be tomorrow again.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 1:59 PM
I have the most current version of MC Command from Patreon, and it is still conflicting with it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 6:16 PM
Yes cdshrout1171, thank you for your review, but i already said that 0.23 conflicts with every McCmdCenter-version except 3.6.0. I have now uploaded the patch 0.24, it should now work with every version of McCmdCenter.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 2:31 AM
Thanks for making this! The Sims 4 really needed this. A question: do Sims now have a bladder failure while seated or in bed, or do they still get up?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 2:44 AM
@Modder12 Bladder failure while using diapers will result in use of diapers in any case. But if the sim has no diaper equipped (not sleeping & only bedwetter or none of my traits) the bladder failure will be handled like sims 4 does, with getting up.
I will add bladder failure while in bed/sitting without diaper at a later date, its part of my "Featurs in development". After it is added, sims will make the thing they are using currently dirty (very similar to "damaged" state, but with the option to use the item anyway). This leads to the need to clean it and sims using dirty stuff will get dirty themself.
Test Subject
#12 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 5:53 AM
Fantastic work. Just letting you know, running on MCC 3.8.0 without any noticeable issues. So it seems to be future-proofed at the moment for compatibility.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 12:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by turtlbrdr
Fantastic work. Just letting you know, running on MCC 3.8.0 without any noticeable issues. So it seems to be future-proofed at the moment for compatibility.

Thats great. One less problem. Now i can start working on featurs again.
Test Subject
#14 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 3:58 PM
Hi!
I have a problem to get this trait working. I'm a new TS4 player. I play the game in Swedish. I have installed traits like Aspergers and Bipolar II and i can choose them when I make a new sim. But this one i can't choose. I have enabled scripts in the menu. I have tried to put both the script-file and the packade file directly to the Mods folder, but both in an sub-folder and the package in the mod-folder and the script in an subfolder. I'm doing something wrong, but what. It shouldn't be because i play the game in Swedish? Or is it? What about that with the reward-points? Do I have to do something in game before i can choose this traits. Need to make my disabled sim a bit more disabled...
Test Subject
#15 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charliez10
Hi!
I have a problem to get this trait working. I'm a new TS4 player. I play the game in Swedish. I have installed traits like Aspergers and Bipolar II and i can choose them when I make a new sim. But this one i can't choose. I have enabled scripts in the menu. I have tried to put both the script-file and the packade file directly to the Mods folder, but both in an sub-folder and the package in the mod-folder and the script in an subfolder. I'm doing something wrong, but what. It shouldn't be because i play the game in Swedish? Or is it? What about that with the reward-points? Do I have to do something in game before i can choose this traits. Need to make my disabled sim a bit more disabled...

This isn't a CAS trait. It is a trait purchased through the aspirations menu, for aspiration points.

So in your sim's menu (bottom right of the screen). Click on the aspirations tab (the left-most one). On the top right of that tab that pops up will be a gift/present-shaped button. This will open the rewards purchase menu. In my experience, both of the traits sit at the top of the list.

It should be noted that the mod author has stated that this will be different in the future, but for beta-testing purposes this is how they are acquired.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 5:34 PM Last edited by Proximitron : 27th Sep 2017 at 6:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charliez10
Hi!
I have a problem to get this trait working. I'm a new TS4 player. I play the game in Swedish...

Thank you turtlbrdr, he is right. At the moment they are gained in aspirations (in live mode). If they are not listed there, you probably have a mod installed that also modifies aspirations. But you can add the traits by cheating too.
Like mentioned in my post, the ID's are 10681667233809116289 for IwnBedWetting_Bedwetter_Trait and 18413237242677847804 for IwnBedWetting_Incontinence_Trait. While the first only makes a sim incontinent while sleeping, the second does so all the time.

I plan to implement that every sim requires successful pottytraining, no mather if done as toddler or elder. Also a genetic factor that describes how difficult it is to potty train a sim or make him have dry nights. With toddlers and children they should also always be a chance that things go wrong while using the toilet alone and accidents can happen sometimes unexpectedly until the child grows out of it. Incontinence are more of a placeholder that describes the inability to register if something is wrong (with bladder)

I also will try to different between pee and poop and sim tend to learn to manage the later first.
Depending on my vision, and the config file you can modify youself on that point, this should lead to a logical implementation where younger sims tent to have some accidents even if they are "potty-trained" but more and more try to manage that. Every time a sim goes to the toilet he reinforces the knowledge of doing that (works against the degeneration of the knowledge basicly). That means, ff he stopps doing so, and uses a diaper for convenience for example, he will then also unlearn that again and start to have accidents at night again, for example. Basicly un-potty-train.

Also, the "difficult" or degeneration of potty-training for elder sim will rise with age again. So very young and very old sim will tent to have more accidents by default. All of this will be able to configurate in a config file. If you don't like that for your sims, you don't need to. The config file will also hold the difficult of each age, and the transition to the next difficult will not be an absolute like sim does it often. "Hey i was a child 10 minutes ago but now its all different". It always should work that way that at the end of the current aging process (0 days before birthday) the difficult should catch up with the next age.
Test Subject
#17 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 12:25 PM
You should change name of the reward trait "Incontinence" to "Incontinent" since it applies to a Sim.

Just like how you have "Bedwetter" instead of "Bedwetting"

Apart from that though, I've been looking for a mod like this for a while. Thanks for making this.

Are you converting the regular toddler diaper texture and mesh over to ages child an up?

Also, is it possible for you to make bladder decrease work as fast as a toddler for ages child and up?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 1:08 PM Last edited by Proximitron : 28th Sep 2017 at 2:24 PM.
Thank you, i am not that great in english, so any help is appreciated. I was thinking of "Incontinence" in the sense of "what a person has" versus "Incontinent" "the name of the illness itself without impersonification". Like in "Bedwetter" where it should describe the person that is wetting the bed, versus "Bedwetting" describing the illness/condition again. If there is no such difference in english, or you can not aim a word at a person like this, i will change it. But i like to know about that first if possible. (please help me out)

I am glad my mod makes people happy

My mod should be more of a function-addon for now. I know some mods like "Diapers for Children"
by anoncrinkle (on MTS) and some mods adding adult diapers. They add cloth more then they modify the basic underwear, but in essence they add this.
I don't know how to mod the basic underwear right now. Perhaps a peak in some nude mods could help. I searched for it, but it looks like they only add "nude cloth"...
For now i aim to add support for it, while i will not make designs like this myself.

The speed of how fast the bladder decreases can be modified easily. It adds difficult in general. I can do that after i have a config file in place, all right?
Test Subject
#19 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 1:35 PM Last edited by Sims4Modder20 : 28th Sep 2017 at 2:26 PM.
Thank you, i am not that great in english, so any help is appreciated. I was thinking of "Incontinence" in the sense of "what a person is" versus "Incontinent" "the name of the illness itself without impersonification". Like in "Bedwetter" where it should describe the person that is wetting the bed, versus "Bedwetting" describing the illness/condition again. If there is no such difference in english, or you can not aim a word at a person like this, i will change it. But i like to know about that first if possible. (please help me out)

I am glad my mod makes people happy

My mod should be more of a function-addon for now. I know some mods like "Diapers for Children"
by anoncrinkle (on MTS) and some mods adding adult diapers. They add cloth more then they modify the basic underwear, but in essence they add this.
I don't know how to mod the basic underwear right now. Perhaps a peak in some nude mods could help. I searched for it, but it looks like they only add "nude cloth"...
For now i aim to add support for it, while i will not make designs like this myself.

The speed of how fast the bladder decreases can be modified easily. It adds difficult in general. I can do that after i have a config file in place, all right?

Incontinent would stand for "what a person is"

For an example: Bob is incontinent.

While incontinence would apply to the condition that someone has.

For an example: Bob has incontinence.

Same could apply to.

Bob is a bedwetter.

and

Bob has bedwetting issues.

I like where this mod is going already. I don't know how to script for The Sims 4 and I was doubtful anyone would inform me on how to mod these specific types of traits but you did it for me in a sense.

I made a knock up diaper port to the child age in the Sims 4 it's a work in progress mesh as it tends to clip at some points but it still works. I was hoping I could find someone who could do a better conversion than I did.

And it'd be appreciated if you could decrease the amount of time between bladder failures. Preferably the amount of time it'd take a toddler in the Sims 4 to lower his/her bladder need. Even if you made a separate mod for it.

I also have two problems to report.

1: Whenever my sim takes a shower to change their diaper, the green stink cloud still appears and sims still react negatively around my sim until I load in a new area of the game.

2: This sort of plays into the first one. Whenever a sim gets a negative moodlet from being around my sim, the moodlet says its "from being near a toddler" despite my sim not being a toddler.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 2:28 PM
Thank you for the explaination. I was thinking i already use the 2 words like this, but i must have made some error somewhere. Question is where?

1. Changing of diaper after shower and bath should be implemented. You have to let the sim finish there shower/bathing session to trigger this (please confirm if thats not working, its working for me?)
2. Yes, thats true. I have not modified social buffs/interactions until now. Work in progress, sry
Test Subject
#21 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 2:38 PM Last edited by Sims4Modder20 : 28th Sep 2017 at 3:18 PM.
Thank you for the explaination. I was thinking i already use the 2 words like this, but i must have made some error somewhere. Question is where?

1. Changing of diaper after shower and bath should be implemented. You have to let the sim finish there shower/bathing session to trigger this (please confirm if thats not working, its working for me?)
2. Yes, thats true. I have not modified social buffs/interactions until now. Work in progress, sry

1: I was using the version before the MC Command fix. I'll have to test your latest version out today soon.

2: Yeah, the mod is still in beta, I understand. Thanks for the explanation.

I don't want to bombard you with questions but I'm curious since you're the first person I've seen who's willing to make a mod like this.

Two questions:

Will you implement the ability for sim adults to change diapers of child sims?

And are you going to change the walk animations for incontinent sims to toddler walking animations? Since diapers do tend to make people "waddle" if that makes sense.

Edit: I just checked out the diaper changing feature. It only works when you choose "take shower" or "take bath" but if you choose any other option like "sing in shower" it doesn't work.

I also have a diaper mod, I can send you pictures of it if you want to take a look. It's still a work in progress though. I can send you the pictures through private messages. I'll have to do this later though. I'll message you about it in a while.
Test Subject
#22 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 3:54 PM

This may be asking for a lot - but when you do implement the bladder failure to work while sitting/sleeping without diaper, are you going to include an animation to go along with it? Similar to how bladder failure while sitting in the Sims 2 had its own animation.

When you're this ugly, it's true: The last thing to do IS to kill people.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 8:08 PM
To the topic of animations, i have the general problem that i am not really good at the design-stuff related to cloth and animations. Social interactions (as long as i can steal some matching animations) i will do. As i have done for "using diaper" for example while standing. I have stolen that animation from "farting in public and on purpose". Like different diaper variants with different capacitys perhaps that have different social implifications. For example, if they have a thick diaper equipped or have a dirty diaper equipped in public (leading to waddle and bad air), this could lead to social outcomes like humiliation for the sim and making some platonic social bounds worse. While thin diapers only contain up to one accident (or equivalent capacity if they use it before "bladder" is full) and needs to be changed much more often.

So to both of you, animations i can implement but making them is not my strength. If anyone can help me out with it i will gladly add it.

I have not tested it for special kinds of shower or bath, thank you. I will try to implement it but without overwriting all xml of all kinds of bath and shower xml manualy.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 1:44 AM
Ok I am a little confused with this (sorry)
So few questions:
1. If you do not purchase the trait, will the sim not wet the bed or will?
2. If you do not purchase the trait, will it just be a regular sim (no bedwetting and will wake up) or they will pee the bed because they do not have the trait?
3. If you do purchase the trait, will the sim start wetting the bed? Or will start wearing diapers?
4. Do you have to click on a sim while they are sleeping to put on their diaper?

Sorry I'm just a little confused on how this mod will work cause it seems really cute to use!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 3:59 PM
@imJustMexoxo
In the current state of development (v0.24) the answers are:
1. Without one of the 2 traits the only thing changes is that toddler will wet the bed, other sims don't (i think this is more of a bugfix...)
2. Same answer, sims without one of the 2 traits do not wet the bed or have diapers.
3. Both. If you select the "bedwetter"-trait, they will start wearing diapers and wet the bed. If you buy "incontinence"-trait the sim will always wear diapers and wet them like toddlers do without potty-training.
4. You don't have too, as sims will wet the diapers autonomous on low bladder. BUT you CAN trigger it at a will
Page 1 of 8